• Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 23 May 2009 - 09:17 PM

ooh, a crazy version.
I'd give this a shot...
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#22 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 23 May 2009 - 09:27 PM

Judging from past form I'd say teams would be a good plan, unless people are definitely around for the next three months (which is about how long these games take), otherwise with holidays it gets very difficult to carry on the game continuously. Hopefully if there are teams of 2 there will be very few occasions when neither player is available to send moves.

From the brief experiment with teams I played with tapper, teams are also more fun, diabolical plots are always better when you've got someone to share with :(

Anyway so at the moment we have:
Dib's
Tapper
TT
Macros
Morgoth
Brood
slick
Ment
and myself who have all played before

and two newbies, in mappo and skywalker, it's probably best if they pair up with people who have had experience.

I'm going to need to pair up with someone who is around throughtout August, anyone else got any confirmed absences?

So we need someone to sign up as a mod (I would but my absence would probably make that awkward), and if we get 3 more people we can have 7 teams of two, or we can go as we are now with 4 teams of two and 3 people playing singly.

#23 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 23 May 2009 - 09:47 PM

I have no absence apart from a week-end here and there from june to september
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#24 User is offline   Slick Mongoose 

• Captain
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 23 May 2009 - 09:57 PM

Same here. I might need a few minor extensions for long weekends, but nothing major.
"pseudoscience and superstition will seem year by year more tempting, the siren song of unreason more sonorous and attractive. Where have we heard it before? Whenever our ethnic or national prejudices are aroused, in times of scarcity, during challenges to national self-esteem or nerve, when we agonize about our diminished cosmic place and purpose, or when fanaticism is bubbling up around us – then, habits of thought familiar from ages past reach for the controls. The candle flame gutters. Its little pool of light trembles. Darkness gathers. The demons begin to stir." - Carl Sagan

#25 User is offline   Sixty 

• Don't be fooled. I am very serious.

Posted 23 May 2009 - 10:04 PM

If this starts in September I'd like to try it out. :(

#26 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 23 May 2009 - 10:12 PM

I think we're planning on starting it somewhat soon, right?

#27 User is offline   Slick Mongoose 

• Captain

Posted 23 May 2009 - 10:15 PM

I was hoping we'd start asap. This game is addictive. :(

Why can't you play until Sept, Sixty? If you've got a holiday booked or something like that, you could just partner with someone else.
"pseudoscience and superstition will seem year by year more tempting, the siren song of unreason more sonorous and attractive. Where have we heard it before? Whenever our ethnic or national prejudices are aroused, in times of scarcity, during challenges to national self-esteem or nerve, when we agonize about our diminished cosmic place and purpose, or when fanaticism is bubbling up around us – then, habits of thought familiar from ages past reach for the controls. The candle flame gutters. Its little pool of light trembles. Darkness gathers. The demons begin to stir." - Carl Sagan

#28 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 23 May 2009 - 10:17 PM

I think so, just been looking at thenew board... looks like it could be interesting. Russia for one is going to play very strangely with the huge gap between provinces.

Anyway any volunteers for a mod? me, macros, brood and tapper have all done our time, so it's time for someone else to step up! I'm looking at you morgy :(

#29 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 23 May 2009 - 11:04 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on May 24 2009, 12:17 AM, said:

I think so, just been looking at thenew board... looks like it could be interesting. Russia for one is going to play very strangely with the huge gap between provinces.

Anyway any volunteers for a mod? me, macros, brood and tapper have all done our time, so it's time for someone else to step up! I'm looking at you morgy :(

I guess.. If people don't mind that I mod and play at the same time

#30 User is offline   Sixty 

• Don't be fooled. I am very serious.

Posted 23 May 2009 - 11:15 PM

View PostSlick Mongoose, on May 23 2009, 06:15 PM, said:

I was hoping we'd start asap. This game is addictive. :(

Why can't you play until Sept, Sixty? If you've got a holiday booked or something like that, you could just partner with someone else.

I'm gone for 3 weeks over the summer. Although the partner thing would be ideal since I'd probably be more or less clueless anyway. =P

#31 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Team Handsome

Posted 24 May 2009 - 09:43 AM

I have no planned absences, at most there'll be a weekend here or there but I'll either be bored at work and so able to be on pretty much constantly, or bored unemployed and so on pretty much constantly. Most Saturdays I'll be unavailable (gf, mates, or football) but that's fairly easy to work around and we dont usually have deadlines on a sat anyway.

And if I do plan a holiday at any time, it will only be for a long weekend at most for a European city or UK seaside break, so again should prove easy to maneuvre around or even get internet access for a bit there if absolutely necessary.

So the long and short of it = let's start sharpish, Im hungry for some diplomerising! :( Would be good to have the game started before the BBQ, so we can all drunkenly accuse eachother of stabs and the like. :D

#32 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 24 May 2009 - 09:54 AM

I have exams around the middle of June, but if I have a partner I don't think absences should be a problem.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#33 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 24 May 2009 - 10:19 AM

Yeah a soonish start would be good, I've got my final exam May 29th, but it looks like we're unlikely to start by then anyway, with the usual couple of weeks for first turn as everyone gets to grips with the new board and players.

I don't think anyones got any objections to a player modding, we've certainly had no problems before so it should work out ok if Morgoth mods.

Then we just need the current players paired up everyone new/with absences paired up as a priority and two as single players (unless we get another two players, or better yet another two players and a mod).

#34 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 24 May 2009 - 02:32 PM

View PostMorgoth, on May 24 2009, 12:04 AM, said:

View PostImperial Historian, on May 24 2009, 12:17 AM, said:

Anyway any volunteers for a mod? me, macros, brood and tapper have all done our time, so it's time for someone else to step up! I'm looking at you morgy :D

I guess.. If people don't mind that I mod and play at the same time

I think we just have to go ahead and assume you won't cheat. :(

I will have a monday-friday job, after June 8th, so I'll be only on in the evenings and weekends I expect - willing to team with anyone, but that will be my limits.
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#35 User is offline   Adjudicator 

• First Sword
  • Group: Diplomacy Adjudicator

Posted 24 May 2009 - 03:28 PM

All right.. the teams are

France
Japan
Russia
Turkey
England
Holland
China

Now, with a quick draw the teams become like this

France - DiBs / Sixty
England - Tapper / Skywalker
Holland - IH / Mappo
Turkey - Morgoth / Slick
Russia - Macros / Ment
Japan - TT
China - Brood

This post has been edited by Morgoth: 24 May 2009 - 05:03 PM

#36 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 24 May 2009 - 03:34 PM

Just a question. How did you former mods do it with the map image and all that?

I set the date to June 7th, is that fine by people?

Teams are obviously open for change if people want.

#37 User is offline   Slick Mongoose 

• Captain

Posted 24 May 2009 - 03:47 PM

Didn't Brood say he needed a partner? I'd be happy to swap with him if so.

#38 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 24 May 2009 - 03:53 PM

Assume you don't need the adjudicator details then :(

I can't play on my own - job will put paid to that so need a partner. Quite happy to be China though, looks like an interesting faction to play :D

Regarding maps, I just took screen-shots - you can save images of the maps in realpolitik, but they're not very good quality, so a screenshot is probably the easiest. Then just host it somewhere like imageshack.

This post has been edited by caladanbrood: 24 May 2009 - 03:56 PM

O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#39 User is offline   Slick Mongoose 

• Captain

Posted 24 May 2009 - 03:57 PM

Morg, you've put Russia twice and missed out Britain. :(

#40 User is offline   Slick Mongoose 

• Captain

Posted 24 May 2009 - 03:59 PM

OK, Brood, do you want me to join you? Or Morg could. I'd be quite happy on my own.

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users