• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Diplomacy 6: Colonial - signups signups

#41 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 24 May 2009 - 04:05 PM

Happy with either. I don't think morgypoos likes me anymore :(
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#42 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 24 May 2009 - 04:32 PM

I'm sorry, but where do you get this realpolitik program? I'm having trouble finding it.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#43 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 24 May 2009 - 04:38 PM

Until I know whether I'm england or russia, I refuse to diplome :(
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#44 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 24 May 2009 - 04:39 PM

View PostMappo's Travelling Sack, on May 24 2009, 06:32 PM, said:

I'm sorry, but where do you get this realpolitik program? I'm having trouble finding it.

http://realpolitik.s...e.net/main.html

#45 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 24 May 2009 - 04:39 PM

http://realpolitik.sourceforge.net/

You'll want to play around with it for a while before the game, find out how everything works :(
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#46 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 24 May 2009 - 04:42 PM

I would advise the modses to try and manually craft the Trans Siberian Railroad into the game. It's going to be near impossible to play Russia well otherwise, and the reason why it is not in dpy is due to coding issues, I think.

#47 User is offline   Slick Mongoose 

• Captain

Posted 24 May 2009 - 04:42 PM

And make sure you click on the "variants" tab, and change it to Colonial. We don't want you invading Germany by mistake. :(
"pseudoscience and superstition will seem year by year more tempting, the siren song of unreason more sonorous and attractive. Where have we heard it before? Whenever our ethnic or national prejudices are aroused, in times of scarcity, during challenges to national self-esteem or nerve, when we agonize about our diminished cosmic place and purpose, or when fanaticism is bubbling up around us – then, habits of thought familiar from ages past reach for the controls. The candle flame gutters. Its little pool of light trembles. Darkness gathers. The demons begin to stir." - Carl Sagan

#48 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 24 May 2009 - 04:50 PM

I agree, the game is almost broken without the trans-siberian railroad. Application of the other two optional rules the suez canal(whoever controls egypt controls whether a player can pass through the suez canal), and hong kong is not a supply centre for china seem like good rules as well, though not a crucial. Of course this all means a lot more work for the mod making sure the new rules are applied properly.

#49 User is offline   Slick Mongoose 

• Captain

Posted 24 May 2009 - 04:57 PM

View PostTapper, on May 24 2009, 05:42 PM, said:

I would advise the modses to try and manually craft the Trans Siberian Railroad into the game. It's going to be near impossible to play Russia well otherwise, and the reason why it is not in dpy is due to coding issues, I think.

I think we could implement all of the optional rules, as long as everyone pays attention and remembers that they're in play.

The TSR could be done by the mod winding RP on a few turns (must be an even number of turns, right?), moving the required unit into position (I think). The Egypt rule could be implemented simply by the mod not allowing the move if it isn't specifically allowed by the person controlling Egypt. And the mod could not allow China one of their builds if they occupy Hong Kong.

This post has been edited by Slick Mongoose: 24 May 2009 - 04:58 PM

"pseudoscience and superstition will seem year by year more tempting, the siren song of unreason more sonorous and attractive. Where have we heard it before? Whenever our ethnic or national prejudices are aroused, in times of scarcity, during challenges to national self-esteem or nerve, when we agonize about our diminished cosmic place and purpose, or when fanaticism is bubbling up around us – then, habits of thought familiar from ages past reach for the controls. The candle flame gutters. Its little pool of light trembles. Darkness gathers. The demons begin to stir." - Carl Sagan

#50 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 24 May 2009 - 05:04 PM

Realpolitik allows the mod to add and remove armies to any place on the board, so for trans siberain railroad moves you would just need to remove the piece and then add it in the correct position.

The other rules could be easily applied.

#51 User is offline   Slick Mongoose 

• Captain

Posted 24 May 2009 - 05:07 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on May 24 2009, 06:04 PM, said:

Realpolitik allows the mod to add and remove armies to any place on the board, so for trans siberain railroad moves you would just need to remove the piece and then add it in the correct position.

So it does! I'd never seen that before. :(

#52 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 24 May 2009 - 05:10 PM

Yeah, you can edit the positions entirely, so that wouldn't be a problem, provided morgy is paying attention :(

Can someone explain the extra rules properly? I haven't seen any version apart from the RP one...

#53 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 24 May 2009 - 05:12 PM

View Postcaladanbrood, on May 24 2009, 06:05 PM, said:

Happy with either. I don't think morgypoos likes me anymore :(

Awww, what gave you that idea? I just need to come to terms with you returning after you broke up with me. It's a deep hurt :D

View PostTapper, on May 24 2009, 06:38 PM, said:

Until I know whether I'm england or russia, I refuse to diplome :p

You're england. I dunno how I managed that switch.

I have no problems manually putting in the additional rules. The railway I was going to add anyways, so no worries about that.

Egypt blocks the channel is a good rule.

What's the reason for making Hong Kong a non sc for china?

Hm, would you want to cooperate with Brood then, Slick? Turkey seems interesting if quite underpowered, so I'd like to try it.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#54 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 24 May 2009 - 05:19 PM

Go here for the rules: http://web.telia.com...s/colonial.html

I think the reasoning behind the hong kong rule is that otherwise the isolated british fleet can easily lose the hong kong SC to china, and that fleet is essentially useless as it has to say where it is to avoid losing the SC to china in the first turn. With the rule, the hong kong fleet is useful and is less likely to be immediately taken by china.

#55 User is offline   Slick Mongoose 

• Captain

Posted 24 May 2009 - 05:20 PM

OK. I'll partner Brood with China. Really, I don't mind either way. :(

What's the reason for making Hong Kong a non sc for china?

I would guess it's to alleviate the tensions slightly between Britain and China. It allows Britain more freedom in using that Eastern fleet, without worrying about China moving right into HK. China still could, if they wanted to, they just wouldn't gain anything.

ETA: Beaten to it!

This post has been edited by Slick Mongoose: 24 May 2009 - 05:22 PM

#56 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Team Handsome

Posted 24 May 2009 - 06:54 PM

Oooh, a lone stab at Japan.

Pressure...

#57 User is offline   alt146 

• Here comes the Strongbad!

Posted 24 May 2009 - 07:08 PM

Been thinking about having a go at this for a while and being partnered to an experienced player my first time round would be nice. Can I join one of the two single-player teams, or is it too late?
[url="http://www.alt146.zzl.org"]MafiaManager[/url]: My Mafia Modding tool - Now at v0.3b

With great power comes a great integral of energy over time.

#58 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 24 May 2009 - 07:42 PM

View Postalt146, on May 24 2009, 09:08 PM, said:

Been thinking about having a go at this for a while and being partnered to an experienced player my first time round would be nice. Can I join one of the two single-player teams, or is it too late?

both TT and Brood are experienced, I think neither of them will mind teaching you the ropes.

#59 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 24 May 2009 - 07:43 PM

brood is now joined at the hip with slick, but you can join up with TT or me for sure.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#60 User is offline   alt146 

• Here comes the Strongbad!

Posted 24 May 2009 - 07:50 PM

Cool, well let me know who I should join up with then :(
[url="http://www.alt146.zzl.org"]MafiaManager[/url]: My Mafia Modding tool - Now at v0.3b

With great power comes a great integral of energy over time.

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users