Malazan Empire: I've had a Cracked Rib for a Week! - Malazan Empire

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

I've had a Cracked Rib for a Week! ...and I didn't even realise it...

#21 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 25 April 2009 - 04:59 PM

View PostRodeoRanch, on Apr 25 2009, 05:43 PM, said:

Impressive, most impressive!

Coming from you, that means a lot. Truly. ;)

@Slow Ben - so? Everyone did it. :p

@teholbeddict - Yeah the sword pics were after that happened, and now you mention it I was in pain. I guess I just didn't pay too much attention to it at the time. I was too busy looking awesome, after all. :p
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#22 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 25 April 2009 - 07:57 PM

View PostCocoreturns, on Apr 25 2009, 12:53 PM, said:

heh. once cracked my ribs in a kickboxing competition.

didn't actually realise till i rolled over in bed the next morning (still half asleep/dozing) and heard a cracking noise.

then an intensely sharp shooting pain through my sides woke me completely up, and i trundled off to the hospital for
x-rays.

Same deal as Tiste, nothing given to me but painkillers.
bloody quacks.

Adrenaline is so good at hiding pain like that for a while.

I've had to deal with pretty badly bruised ribs about three or four times. The worst were the two times that the pain was way up high in the chest (not in the floating ribs). Not much helped beyond sitting on the toilet and hugging my knees or trying to sleep until the (lots of) ibuprofen kicked in (decided not to take painkillers).

This may be a nitpick, but Tiste, you were aware of the pain the entire time. That's not suddenly discovering a broken bone.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#23 User is offline   Slum 

• House Knight

Posted 25 April 2009 - 08:11 PM

Ugh...I've had cracked ribs before. Every little motion hurts like a bitch. God forbid you sneeze or cough - it kills.

And they take forever to heal. I think it was a month before I felt okay to do anything that required physical exertion.

I

#24 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 25 April 2009 - 08:47 PM

True, the pain did get worse but I just didn't do anything about it. I just thought it was a nasty bruise and left it. It wasn't til I got to the Drs that I was told what had happened.

They didn't even bother X-Raying me, cos they said there was nothing that the X-Ray could do, so they just gave me drugs and left it. But then, it was friday night at A&E so they probably had more important people to look - the drunks with their various injuries were just starting to show up when I left.

@Slum, yeah I was told it could even take up to 8 weeks... I think the fact that I am going to Alton Towers in a couple of weeks doesn't help. ;)
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#25 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 25 April 2009 - 11:09 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on Apr 25 2009, 04:47 PM, said:

True, the pain did get worse but I just didn't do anything about it. I just thought it was a nasty bruise and left it. It wasn't til I got to the Drs that I was told what had happened.

They didn't even bother X-Raying me, cos they said there was nothing that the X-Ray could do, so they just gave me drugs and left it. But then, it was friday night at A&E so they probably had more important people to look - the drunks with their various injuries were just starting to show up when I left.

@Slum, yeah I was told it could even take up to 8 weeks... I think the fact that I am going to Alton Towers in a couple of weeks doesn't help. ;)

Four weeks is the norm for cracked ribs I've seen with my friends and family before they're mostly back to where they were.

Dang man, how you gonna do that if breathing hurts? Milk it for all it's worth though - free booze, food, waiting on you etc.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#26 User is offline   Slum 

• House Knight

Posted 25 April 2009 - 11:14 PM

Yeah, rollercoasters and cracked ribs don't mix...

#27 User is offline   Zanth13 

• We are not the same
  • Group: Kings of Drink

Posted 25 April 2009 - 11:36 PM

That picture is funny...

I had a friend who had a dent in his chest... he was very self concious about it...we finally forced him to show us, it looked almost like the pic only more in the center I think... he said he ate cereal out of it when he was home alone...

ahhh good memories lol,

oh and sorry bout the cracked rib and all that
You can't find me because I'm lost in the music

#28 User is offline   teholbeddict 

• Drinking Queen of the Abyssmal Army!!!
  • View gallery
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 25 April 2009 - 11:45 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on Apr 25 2009, 11:59 AM, said:

@teholbeddict - Yeah the sword pics were after that happened, and now you mention it I was in pain. I guess I just didn't pay too much attention to it at the time. I was too busy looking awesome, after all. :p

Well that'll teach you to be vain! :p I hope it was worth the agony for a few pics! One would have thought you might at least have begun to wonder by that point why the pain hadn't gone away! But noooo you were too busy being a malazanite super model! ;)
Procrastination is like masturbation, you're only F ing yourself...
-Bubbalicious -

Human progress is neither automatic nor inevitable… Every step toward the goal of justice requires sacrifice, suffering, and struggle; the tireless exertions and passionate concern of dedicated individuals.
- Martin Luther King, Jr-

The only thing one can learn from one's past mistakes is how to repeat them exactly.
-Stone Monkey-

Muffins are just ugly cupcakes!
-Zanth13-

#29 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 26 April 2009 - 02:05 AM

I blame the chops for throwing out your streamlining. And the love handles, of course.

You have to get back into training to resume your previous awesome.

You should continue to avoid the corpses and the dresses though. One day at a time and all that. :p

Get well soon. July at latest. :p

You clown. ;)

Cheers,

La Sombra, motivational speaker
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#30 User is offline   Ain't_It_Just_ 

• The Recidivist
  • Group: LHTEC
  • Interests:Dungeons and Dragons, and the odd caramel slice.
  • The AIJman cometh

Posted 26 April 2009 - 02:35 AM

View PostMappo's Travelling Sack, on Apr 25 2009, 10:12 PM, said:

Fapping not one of them ;)

Overrated.

Speaking of nothing they could do, Tiste, reminds me of when I fractured this wrist. They sprayed it with a suspicious substance and said there was nothing else they could do. Have you heard of ice, dummies?
Suck it Errant!

"It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum...and I'm all out of gum."

QUOTE (KeithF @ Jun 30 2009, 09:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It has been proven beyond all reasonable doubt that the most powerful force on Wu is a bunch of messed-up Malazans with Moranth munitions.

#31 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 26 April 2009 - 10:06 PM

View Postamphibian, on Apr 26 2009, 12:09 AM, said:

Four weeks is the norm for cracked ribs I've seen with my friends and family before they're mostly back to where they were.

Dang man, how you gonna do that if breathing hurts? Milk it for all it's worth though - free booze, food, waiting on you etc.

Yeah there is a certain beautiful young lady friend of mine who has been round mine the last couple of days, cooking for me and she cleaned my kitchen today! I offered to help but she told me to sit down. I sat with a cup of tea and watched F1 & Snooker, it was awesome. My friend suggested that I try and get a doctor to sign some kind of disability thing so I can get a disabled pass in Alton Towers and cue jump. :p

teholbeddict said:

Well that'll teach you to be vain! I hope it was worth the agony for a few pics! One would have thought you might at least have begun to wonder by that point why the pain hadn't gone away! But noooo you were too busy being a malazanite super model!

There is something you need to know about me. I never learn my lesson when it comes to being vain! I mean I cracked my ribs because I was showing off. I broke my arm once on a bike because I wanted to do a bigger jump than everyone else. (I landed on my arm, and it snapped clean. Then the bike landed on me.)
Plus I don't like to complain about stuff, so any pain that was there I just shrugged off and drank beer to numb it. :p

Sombra said:

I blame the chops for throwing out your streamlining. And the love handles, of course.

Blasphemy! The chops bring nothing but joy!!

Sombra said:

You have to get back into training to resume your previous awesome.

Nah, I'm naturally gifted, me. :p

Sombra said:

You should continue to avoid the corpses and the dresses though. One day at a time and all that.

I have no idea what you are talking about. Tiste Simeon and all it's parent and affiliate companies denies all knowledge of anything to do with necrophillia or cross dressing...

Sombra said:

Get well soon. July at latest.

You clown.

Cheers,

La Sombra, motivational speaker

I can feel teh luff...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#32 User is offline   RodeoRanch 

• The Midnight Special
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 27 April 2009 - 12:06 AM

I suggest that when you tell the story, make the cracked rib due to wrestling a bear. You cannot go wrong with adding a bear to any story.

Also...get well. Don't die.

#33 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 27 April 2009 - 12:40 AM

How about a robotic ninja bear. "Yeah, I may have a cracked rib, but you should have seen what I did to the bear!"
I'm sure I could work something out on Photoshop. Or wait for someone on here to do it. :p

Also, thanks, I shall do my best not to die. :p
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#34 User is offline   Assail 

• Destriant of the Abyssmal Army

Posted 27 April 2009 - 01:10 AM

View PostRodeoRanch, on Apr 26 2009, 05:06 PM, said:

I suggest that when you tell the story, make the cracked rib due to wrestling a bear. You cannot go wrong with adding a bear to any story.

Also...get well. Don't die.

I've always wanted to wrestle with a mountain lion and kill it. That way I could brag and sound badass. I've even got to the point where I think I could do it.
I still heart Goodkind.

#35 User is offline   Zanth13 

• We are not the same
  • Group: Kings of Drink

Posted 27 April 2009 - 02:17 AM

if by wrestle you mean shoot it with a high powered rifle or handgun of some sort from a safe distance then yes Im sure you could assail.

If thats not what you mean then im sure you would be shredded so horribly that even if you win, you lose at best :p

ill also note that if by mountain lion you mean your neighbors pet cat you might also win... might, never underestimate a cat, istnt that right Apt

Attached File(s)

You can't find me because I'm lost in the music

#36 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 27 April 2009 - 06:10 AM

Oh God. Mountain Lions get that big? Fuck me. How big are they compared to cougars? (no, not that lady you met in the bar in the weekend)

And no, never trust a cat. If they could, they would batter us around for and hour, rip out our entrails for fun and then chew off our heads. Cats are fun animals.

#37 User is offline   Ain't_It_Just_ 

• The Recidivist
  • Group: LHTEC
  • Interests:Dungeons and Dragons, and the odd caramel slice.
  • The AIJman cometh

Posted 27 April 2009 - 06:55 AM

View PostZanth13, on Apr 27 2009, 12:17 PM, said:

if by wrestle you mean shoot it with a high powered rifle or handgun of some sort from a safe distance then yes Im sure you could assail.

If thats not what you mean then im sure you would be shredded so horribly that even if you win, you lose at best :p

ill also note that if by mountain lion you mean your neighbors pet cat you might also win... might, never underestimate a cat, istnt that right Apt

Jesus! It's a landmonster!!!!

But, we must go with the theme...cue lolcats.com picfest!

Posted Image

Posted Image
Suck it Errant!

"It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum...and I'm all out of gum."

QUOTE (KeithF @ Jun 30 2009, 09:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It has been proven beyond all reasonable doubt that the most powerful force on Wu is a bunch of messed-up Malazans with Moranth munitions.

#38 User is offline   Assail 

Posted 27 April 2009 - 07:03 AM

View PostZanth13, on Apr 26 2009, 07:17 PM, said:

So that's how big they get. Jesus. I just always figured if I had a chance to get my arms around it's neck I could kill it before getting shredded to bad. I mean, I'm a strong mother fucker, not to brag, but I think I could snap that neck pretty easily. I think the trick would be getting around the neck in the first place though....
I still heart Goodkind.

#39 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 27 April 2009 - 07:35 AM

I don't know how different a Mountain Lions anatomy is to a house cat but good luck trying to break a giant cats neck. Not only do they have much more movement they have tons of muscle in their necks. They can carry off things that are as heavy as themselves in their jaws. Cats are strong.

#40 User is offline   Assail 

Posted 27 April 2009 - 07:37 AM

View PostAptorian, on Apr 27 2009, 12:35 AM, said:

I don't know how different a Mountain Lions anatomy is to a house cat but good luck trying to break a giant cats neck. Not only do they have much more movement they have tons of muscle in their necks. They can carry of things that are as heavy as themselves in their jaws. Cats are strong.

I wish there was some sort of simulator. I agree though, on top of the muscle and bone, I doubt I could do it. Ah well, if one charges me at any point in my life I'd probably try it, I mean why not? I'd be dead anyway lol.
I still heart Goodkind.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users