• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Elder Scrolls Series First Person RPG Goodness

#981 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 28 January 2012 - 08:49 AM

Well, Alduin wasn't all that difficult to beat. Did anyone else kill Paarthurnax at the end? I thought I'd leave him, but then the other dragon said he would go off to rule just as tyranically as Alduin. Whoops.

The temple just before was pretty good for a scrap though - bout 6 or 7 Deathlords, all attacking at the same time. Could have done with more of that, really.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 03 February 2012 - 08:49 AM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#982 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 28 January 2012 - 09:34 AM

You can kill Paarthurnax whenever. He pretty much lets you kill him. I've left him kicking about on the mountain for the time being, mainly because I take offense to the Blades pressuring me on the issue. I'm the fucking Dragonborn, guys. I've just saved everybody from the WORLD-EATER. And you want me to kill the nice, helpful dragon because you're racist/have an epic-old grudge? Come off it.

'Course, Paarthurnax may just be behaving himself in the time between Alduin-is-dead and the Dragonborn-dies-of-old-age, but hey, who cares? :)

And yeah, some of the fights in the temple were awesome. Kinda wanted that staff, though, dammit. :)

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#983 User is offline   Fist Gamet 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Writing, reading, writing, climbing, writing, scuba diving and writing (not at the same time)

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:54 PM

Just slowed down my pace playing this game. Taking time to enjoy it, lots of wandering n 'sploring n stuff :) Got my invincible dog with me and all is good. Still, if some fecker shoots me in the knee....
Victory is mine!

#984 User is offline   Beezulbubba 

• ---
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:04 PM

The Conan show's Andy Richter did much of the voice work for Skyrim. I didn't know that.
LINK

#985 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:38 PM

View PostFist Gamet, on 31 January 2012 - 08:54 PM, said:

Just slowed down my pace playing this game. Taking time to enjoy it, lots of wandering n 'sploring n stuff :) Got my invincible dog with me and all is good. Still, if some fecker shoots me in the knee....

Yep, got my Legendary Dragon-scale armor with double enchantments on it - now I'm wandering the map, and doing some Companion quests. Shot someone in the knee the other day...
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#986 User is offline   Fist Gamet 

• Mortal Sword
  • Interests:Writing, reading, writing, climbing, writing, scuba diving and writing (not at the same time)

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:57 PM

View PostTraveller, on 31 January 2012 - 09:38 PM, said:

View PostFist Gamet, on 31 January 2012 - 08:54 PM, said:

Yep, got my Legendary Dragon-scale armor with double enchantments on it - now I'm wandering the map, and doing some Companion quests. Shot someone in the knee the other day...

You bastard...
Victory is mine!

#987 User is offline   Lucifer's Heaven 

• Shaved Knuckle
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 01 February 2012 - 05:24 PM

Oh yeah....
Here comes the reason I picked it for PC :D

And if the steam integration works well, it'll be even more awesome than usual :(:)

This post has been edited by Lucifer's Heaven: 01 February 2012 - 05:25 PM

"So how'd you save the world?"
"Averted the rapture by drowning the baby Jesus in his own tears"

#988 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 01 February 2012 - 09:50 PM

Where do you get a dog?
Error: Signature not valid

#989 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 01 February 2012 - 10:58 PM

Ive done DB, Thieves and mages Guilds, coming to the end of the Companion quest line. Got the civil war people to do but then what? I need a plan of action

#990 User is offline   Messremb 

• Honorary Symp of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • High Artificer of Team Quick Ben

Posted 02 February 2012 - 11:47 AM

View Posttiam, on 01 February 2012 - 10:58 PM, said:

Ive done DB, Thieves and mages Guilds, coming to the end of the Companion quest line. Got the civil war people to do but then what? I need a plan of action

Bards in Solitude?

I got to the point where I was just randomly wandering around slicing up anything that came into sight so I'm taking a break for a while. I also finally got Shadowmere killed, that horse is handy but oh so annoying - I'd like to be able to carve up stuff without the demented neighing going on in my ear. Better not come back to life or I'll have to find another mountain to jump him off.
"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

#991 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant

Posted 02 February 2012 - 12:35 PM

View PostMessremb, on 02 February 2012 - 11:47 AM, said:

View Posttiam, on 01 February 2012 - 10:58 PM, said:

Bards in Solitude?

I got to the point where I was just randomly wandering around slicing up anything that came into sight so I'm taking a break for a while. I also finally got Shadowmere killed, that horse is handy but oh so annoying - I'd like to be able to carve up stuff without the demented neighing going on in my ear. Better not come back to life or I'll have to find another mountain to jump him off.

Civil war and Bard questline it is. I need to find some more challenging dragon priests. Is there any gear that anyone knows about that makes for better archery? I currently have a 35% archery cowl (from somewhere) and a 15% ring. Could make an amulet I suppose and get my enchanting up.

Havnt been playing Skyrim recently. My home in Whiterun is like a vault atm so I could just enchant them.

#992 User is offline   Fist Gamet 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 02 February 2012 - 09:22 PM

View PostBriar King, on 02 February 2012 - 03:57 AM, said:

View PostRaymond Luxury Yacht, on 01 February 2012 - 09:50 PM, said:

Where do you get a dog?

I had Meeko for awhile till he started just getting in my fucking way while I was swinging my sword and killed him so many times I finally sent him home since I didnt need the xtra muscle on I leveled up enough. Anyway Meekos Shack is somewhere South of Solitude, West of Morthal. He is waiting on the road near the shack so you cant miss him.

No, the dog is called Barbus and you find him outside Falkreath after talking to the gate guard. If you take up Barbus' mission to find his master and then don't complete the mission then, voila, your very own indestructible dog...wish Dogmeat in Fallout 3 had been indestructible...
Victory is mine!

#993 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 02 February 2012 - 09:52 PM

I did the Barbus quest already, sent him back to his master because he was annoying, and not a real dog.
Error: Signature not valid

#994 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant

Posted 02 February 2012 - 10:08 PM

Is that the Clavicus Vile quest? If so ive done it blast!

#995 User is offline   Beezulbubba 

• ---
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 03 February 2012 - 02:43 AM

Holy sphincter squeeze! I just came across the corrupted shades for the first time! (in Kilkreath Ruins). There are desecrated corpses everywhere! sick sick mother fuckers!

#996 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 03 February 2012 - 08:59 AM

View PostBriar King, on 31 January 2012 - 11:03 PM, said:

You finally reached the lvl 100 enchanment mark then Trav?

Yep. Double enchantments are great, although you can't add one to already enchanted items.

I now have dragonscale gauntlets with 40% archery bonus + 40% one-handed, dragonscale helm with 40% archery bonus and 40% destruction; armor with stamina bonus and 60 extra health points, and boots with 40% sneak and hauling bonus. Plus, an amulet with another 40% archery bonus and hauling. Oh, and a shield with protection against Fire and Frost damage.

(Early on though it's best to find items with archery bonuses, but in the long run it's way better to make your own - rings, amulets, it all adds up).

I can basically make another set with different combinations any time I like - for extra archery damage, you can enchant gloves, helm/cowl and necklaces. I found a previously undiscovered dragon last night, and shot him dead with a single elven arrow.

Had a wander last night, found another dragon priest hidden in some ruins - I have quite a few masks now, anyone know how many there are in total?

Also, do you have to do loads of side jobs to get the Thieves guild back to form? I thought it ended with the Nightingale quests, but I don't have an achievement for it yet so i guess there's more.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 03 February 2012 - 09:11 AM

#997 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant

Posted 03 February 2012 - 09:45 AM

I shall have to get my enchanting up so I can crack on making epic armour archery boosts. Im level 44 atm with Sneak, archery and smithing being my only maxed skills. Ive been playing it naturally though and enjoying it. What I mean is I didnt do what I did on Oblivion where I walked in one direction looking for dungeons while constantly casting low level illusion/alteration spells to get my level up. Ive been on Level 44 as I just sneak around and stealth shoot everything. I might have to change my playing style to get my level up.

Also Traveller I know youve reached max enchanting but have you sunk all your points into it yet?

#998 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:29 AM

Traveller, there are nine masks in total, eight of which you need to get to stick in the big mask statue you see in loading screens sometimes to get the ninth (only don't upgrade the masks if you want it since it erases any improvements once they go on the statue) some of which require progress through faction questlines and one in particular that's past the point of no return in the main quest. As for the Thieves Guild, from what I remember you need to do at least five of the random side jobs in each of the cities you're told you need to re-establish TG presence in to get it, which I could never be bothered with since there doesn't seem to be a way to control where you go or how many jobs you've done for each. I can't even remember if they give you jobs for places you don't need to steal in for it.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#999 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:19 AM

View PostIlluyankas, on 03 February 2012 - 10:29 AM, said:

Traveller, there are nine masks in total, eight of which you need to get to stick in the big mask statue you see in loading screens sometimes to get the ninth (only don't upgrade the masks if you want it since it erases any improvements once they go on the statue) some of which require progress through faction questlines and one in particular that's past the point of no return in the main quest. As for the Thieves Guild, from what I remember you need to do at least five of the random side jobs in each of the cities you're told you need to re-establish TG presence in to get it, which I could never be bothered with since there doesn't seem to be a way to control where you go or how many jobs you've done for each. I can't even remember if they give you jobs for places you don't need to steal in for it.

You can abandon the presence missions whenever you like to do the minimum required number for each.
Myself, I like them. Ransacking someone's house, taking shitty stuff away and selling it is a good income, and it helps my policy of establishing a monopoly on violence by stealing everyone elses weaponry.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#1000 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:24 AM

anyone came across the headless horseman? whats his crack? he was just floating around on my game...

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

Share this topic:

• 68 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

7 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users