• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Elder Scrolls Series First Person RPG Goodness

#961 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 22 January 2012 - 05:19 PM

Yes, which breaks the brawl because you're cheating and actually damaging them so you've commited a crime.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#962 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 22 January 2012 - 05:23 PM

Pah, I kill dragons with these fists!
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#963 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 23 January 2012 - 02:13 PM

Ive beaten Alduin and have just upped the difficulty to master. I have the companions and mages guild to do aswell as the civil war storyline. Illl do these on master but do they provide a challenge?

#964 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 23 January 2012 - 02:14 PM

If you want a real challenge, start a new character straight up on Master from the beginning.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#965 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant

Posted 23 January 2012 - 03:34 PM

View PostGothos, on 23 January 2012 - 02:14 PM, said:

If you want a real challenge, start a new character straight up on Master from the beginning.

I was thinking of doing that but what to go as? I had a 20 hour mage file wiped went a stealth character with a bow (current file) and that kinda just leaves me with straight up warrior paladin which bores me to tears. I have DE: Human Revolution and Lost Odysey so Ill get back to Skyrim eventually when its fresh

#966 User is offline   Avatar 

• High Fist

Posted 23 January 2012 - 11:17 PM

I'm liking this game more than I thought I would. Still, I like my games a bit more focussed on story-telling, I like more character interactions. (Guess I'm a Bioware fanboy). But I have to admit: the world is huge, it is beautiful and it is getting addictive to spend more time in it. I don't feel the urge to see everything and finish all of the sidequests (or even the main quest per se.) But I do like to walk around more and discover another shrine or the next city.

#967 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:50 AM

And THAT is where TES games really shine. The point - the very reason you feel no particular need to do any of the quest lines - of the world? Build your own. It's an RP sandbox in many ways, and while there are varying levels of success in the franchise at that goal, they all do it well. To a certain extent, it's a game where you still have to use your imagination (or borrow from other's in the form of mods :p) if you want to get the full experience. :p

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#968 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:02 AM

Tiber Septim wasn't the only Dragonborn to grace the world with His Holy Presence. Just play on, there's gonna be some light shed on that (if only just a bit).
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#969 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:49 AM

So I've just finished Alduins Bane (which was glitched to start with - I was hitting him with Dragon rend, then laying into him with everything I had, and his health stayed exactly the same. I thought he was just really, really hard to beat, until I did a reload - and beat him in about a minute while Shadowmere distracted him) and I now have to broker a truce between the Nords and Imperials. As I haven't sided with either one yet, will I miss out the Civil War missions if I call a truce in the main quest? Or does it carry on after you use Whiterun as a dragon trap?

This post has been edited by Traveller: 25 January 2012 - 08:49 AM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#970 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:58 AM

YOU CAN BROKER A TRUCE?!

#971 User is offline   Garak 

• Emperor
  • Interests:40k, Star Wars, Babylon 5, WW2, A Song of Ice and Fire, the Drenai series, the Riftwar and all that followed it, D&D, Vikings, the Malazan Book of the Fallen. I think you get the gist of it.

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:22 AM

If you broker a truce then the Civil War is over.
The meaning of life is BOOM!!!

#972 User is offline   POOPOO MCBUMFACE 

• High Fist

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:43 AM

View PostBriar King, on 24 January 2012 - 03:45 AM, said:

Im kinda confused on the whole Dragonborn issue. Tiber Septim(Septim Line) was Dragonborn, so if the character is Dragonborn wouldnt they have to be of the Septim Line? An off the record bastard's bastard? Im only up to Aludin's Wall in the mainquest so there hasnt been much info in this regard unless I just completely overlooked it.

The Dragonborn is whoever Lorkhan wants him to be.

#973 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:31 PM

I brokered a truce then started the Civil War after I finished the main quest, so don't worry there.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#974 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:48 PM

What Illy said

The truce is only brokered until the Dragon questline is finished. If it has any relevance on the Civil War is unclear but im now starting the civil war after the truce had been made

#975 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:55 PM

Cool, cheers. Didn't want to risk missing out on stuff, and I figured that the truce would end those quests.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#976 User is offline   Bulwyf 

• ½ man, ½ amazing

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:47 PM

View Posttiam, on 13 January 2012 - 03:37 PM, said:

Was disappointed when I found out there wasnt localised damage just a hit/miss with a bow

Now you know why so many gaurds bitch about arrows in the knee. It's serious damage! They could have been killed!!
Now they will know why they are are afraid of the dark. Now they will learn why they fear the night. -Thulsa Doom

You're such an inspiration for the ways that I would never, ever choose to be. -MJK

#977 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:59 AM

I feel like they should retitle the game Dragonborn: the sidekick to the infamous Shadowmere

#978 User is offline   Sinisdar Toste 

• Dead Serious
  • View gallery

Posted 27 January 2012 - 04:09 PM

I just realized something mind blowing. in tCG QB summons shadowmere!!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

- Oscar Levant

#979 User is offline   Bulwyf 

• ½ man, ½ amazing

Posted 27 January 2012 - 06:19 PM

I dont know if my game bugged out or what, but I was fighting a dragon and Shadowmere ran off. I used the aura whisper after killing the dragon to find where he ran off to and didn't see him. I went off in the direction I thought he ran in (which was the direction I was headed anyways) and came upon his corpse along a road...

Is that permanent? I didnt think he could die.
Now they will know why they are are afraid of the dark. Now they will learn why they fear the night. -Thulsa Doom

You're such an inspiration for the ways that I would never, ever choose to be. -MJK

#980 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:21 PM

He can die but has like 800 health and ridiculous regen. He comes back in like 10 days or something I think

Share this topic:

• 68 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

56 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 56 guests, 0 anonymous users