• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Elder Scrolls Series First Person RPG Goodness

#1121 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:41 AM

Im on my second long Skyrim file (about 80 hours so far). Im a dual mace wielding Orc on Master difficulty. I can literally kill dragons in one dual power attack and it has sucked the fun out of the game being able to one hit everything else. My stealth archer woodelf file on my original playthrough was always good as I could dish out epic damage but only aslong as I played to my strengths, with random outside dragon encounters being a real challenge. I still havnt had a good go at a mage file yet so I might do that next.

#1122 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:44 AM

http://www.youtube.c...&v=wOXDb-xWEQY#!

This post has been edited by Obdigore: 03 August 2012 - 08:45 AM

Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#1123 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:53 AM

To those interested the Dawnguard DLC was released yesterday for PC. Also during Quakecon this weekend all bethesda games including the Elder Scrolls games are on sale on Steam.

#1124 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 05 August 2012 - 12:59 AM

You know you've been playing too much Skyrim when you're walking down the sidewalk and there's flowers on the side and your first instinct is "harvest".
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#1125 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 05 August 2012 - 05:00 PM

Aaaand the issue of Skyrim being blocked at the steam store for Poland, I don't get to see Dawnguard. Fucking bullshit.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#1126 User is offline   Beezulbubba 

• ---
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:55 AM

View PostGothos, on 05 August 2012 - 05:00 PM, said:

Aaaand the issue of Skyrim being blocked at the steam store for Poland, I don't get to see Dawnguard. Fucking bullshit.

That's a bummer! The Aetherium Forge is worth the price of admission! It made my eyes bug out of my head in wonderment!

#1127 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 06 August 2012 - 02:24 AM

View PostBriar King, on 06 August 2012 - 02:18 AM, said:

Why is it blocked in Poland?

The Polish People hate the Nords.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#1128 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:04 AM

View PostBriar King, on 06 August 2012 - 02:18 AM, said:

Why is it blocked in Poland?

The retailer struck a deal with Bethesda for exclusive release
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#1129 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:06 AM

I'd go with Polands long bitter hatred of the Nords.
Sounds cooler.

#1130 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:58 AM

we only have long bitter hatred with the germans and the russians...

#1131 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:22 AM

Wait a sec... you can't get Dawnguard EVER or do you have to wait for it to release in brick & mortar hard-copy first?

If the first, I'll be more than happy to try and find out if I can gift it to you through Steam from the NLs. Just PM me your Steam identity if I don't have it already.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#1132 User is offline   Lucifer's Heaven 

• Shaved Knuckle
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 06 August 2012 - 02:10 PM

View PostTapper, on 06 August 2012 - 11:22 AM, said:

Wait a sec... you can't get Dawnguard EVER or do you have to wait for it to release in brick & mortar hard-copy first?

If the first, I'll be more than happy to try and find out if I can gift it to you through Steam from the NLs. Just PM me your Steam identity if I don't have it already.

That's a fair point actually, that usually works. Heck, it's one of the ways to get the uncut versions of L4D2 here :p (the uncut version being banned here and all)
"So how'd you save the world?"
"Averted the rapture by drowning the baby Jesus in his own tears"

#1133 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:21 PM

It MIGHT get released on disc but I'm not giving another penny to those fucker retailers, it rubs me the wrong way in a serious manner. I'll just get it once I move, or get some to gift it to me (yeah, it works this way).

#1134 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:11 AM

View PostGothos, on 06 August 2012 - 11:21 PM, said:

It MIGHT get released on disc but I'm not giving another penny to those fucker retailers, it rubs me the wrong way in a serious manner. I'll just get it once I move, or get some to gift it to me (yeah, it works this way).

See above, then :p.

#1135 User is offline   Lusipher 

• Talon Captain of Team Quick Ben
  • View gallery
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:30 PM

hahaha

#1136 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:01 PM

http://videogamewrit...earthfire-53648

New DLC. Hearth fire.
Basically, you get to build your own house and design it how you want.

#1137 User is offline   POOPOO MCBUMFACE 

• High Fist

Posted 28 August 2012 - 05:13 PM

Well, PC players with access to the perfect tool for doing exactly that already will be snapping this one up!

#1138 User is offline   Wolfy 

• Lair of the Spectacular Tongue Beast

Posted 29 August 2012 - 04:09 AM

View PostSlow Ben, on 28 August 2012 - 03:01 PM, said:

New DLC. Hearth fire.

Awesome! Might finally get to build a giant library to support my book collecting OCD :rolleyes:

#1139 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:Walks in the park.

Waiting till jean gets here.

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:14 AM

Jus got the Dawngaurd dlc. Werewolfs make more sense now. I am literally hunting silverhands down to boost up my perks. That first time you call a pack to your aide is just...wow. I give bethesda a gold star.
“Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof Gas-Fireproof.”

#1140 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:21 PM

View PostWolfy, on 29 August 2012 - 04:09 AM, said:

View PostSlow Ben, on 28 August 2012 - 03:01 PM, said:

New DLC. Hearth fire.

Awesome! Might finally get to build a giant library to support my book collecting OCD :)

Well, since it is now released on Xbox, I had a look at what you can build. And basically, it is a fully equiped main hall (including enchanting halls, et cetera), with a choice for three wings, each with three options.
As a quote from elder scrolls wiki:

West Side Rooms
Bedroom: Enough extra room for a Master Bed and two children's beds, and multiple display cases. Includes an outdoors area/patio.
Greenhouse: Allows for the planting and growing of certain plants indoors, and includes several satchels and containers to store in. There are a total of 18 available soils for planting, divided between three 1x4 large planters, and six 1x1 small planters. For more information regarding planters, see here
Enchanting Tower: Includes an enchanting alter, a mannequin, and several display cases.
North Side Rooms
Trophy Room: Allows the display of three large trophies, and several smaller. For more information on what trophies are available see here A couple storage containers available.
Storage Room: A large assortment of storage containers fill the room. Includes an upstairs patio.
Alchemy Tower: Several hanging 'gardens', an alchemy table, and a couple shelves.
East Side Rooms
Armory: Five mannequins, six display cases, multiple storage options, two weapon plaques, multiple weapon racks, and a workbench and grindstone. Patio area on roof.
Kitchen: Plenty of storage, with a stove pot and baking oven. For more information on new cooking recipes, see here
Library Tower: Five large bookshelves, six smaller bookshelves.

I think all in all, a housing mod like Riverside Lodge will probably be a more complete home - to say nothing of the gargantuan mods that add entire cellar complexes with 40 mannequins, 30 chests, a full blown garden containing all plants et cetera. It will depend on the price whether or not I'll get Hearthfire - probably more for curiosity's sake, the added grind for materials and for the new cooking recipes than for the housing addition that the mod offers.

Share this topic:

• 68 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

18 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 18 guests, 0 anonymous users