Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:19 PM

Skyrim t-shirt: LINK

Posted Image

#1082 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:50 PM

View PostQWOPstadFrustrationHammer, on 23 February 2012 - 02:35 AM, said:

Great googly moogly! I just battled TWO dragons (one blood, one elder) in Rorikstead! This is a first, I've only battled one dragon prior to this!

I was heading west of Dawnstar when an ancient and an elder dragon were kicking off. I summoned my own dragon, Lucien Lachance,Shadowmere and a flame antronach and it was on like Donkey Kong. Really looked epic aswell.

#1083 User is offline   Beezulbubba 

• ---
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:59 AM

View Posttiam, on 25 February 2012 - 06:50 PM, said:

View PostQWOPstadFrustrationHammer, on 23 February 2012 - 02:35 AM, said:

Great googly moogly! I just battled TWO dragons (one blood, one elder) in Rorikstead! This is a first, I've only battled one dragon prior to this!

I was heading west of Dawnstar when an ancient and an elder dragon were kicking off. I summoned my own dragon, Lucien Lachance,Shadowmere and a flame antronach and it was on like Donkey Kong. Really looked epic aswell.

I love the unpredictable encounters of the game. I was battling a dragon and it just so happened to occur over a giant and mammoth camp. I retreated back and enjoyed the fireworks.

#1084 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:52 PM

Gotta love those times when you're in a town and suddenly get arrested with a 1000g bounty and have no fucking clue why.

I think my favourite thing in this game now is running across the literally hundreds of bandito camps and just laying a whole pile of own on their asses while on my way to do more important shit. They always think they're so tough. Me and Lids show them otherwise.

I'm so glad I finally figured out how to give her armour too. I was tired of her getting her ass kicked by everything.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1085 User is offline   SylvanShade 

• Lieutenant
  • View gallery
  • Group: Tehol's Blissful Chickens

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:58 PM

This is quite incredible.
If I look back, I am lost.

#1086 User is offline   Defiance 

• Vicariously I live while the whole world dies
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Malazan, RPGs, writing

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:51 AM

Finally purchased Skyrim yesterday, and I've been playing it ever since.

First impressions are great. I was hoping that the fifth game would be set in Skyrim, and Bethesda fulfilled my wishes. The environment and atmosphere is stellar. They took all of the bad stuff out of Oblivion, then put all the good stuff on some crazy steroids. My only real disappointment so far is how easy the dragons have become. I'm level 11 and I've already killed six or seven, all of which were pretty easy kills. I might have to amp up the difficulty a little bit. I really like that they took some music from Morrowind and put it in Skyrim as well. Morrowind music was the best.

I've also been solely using magic, which is pretty damn fun this time around. A lot better than in Oblivion. I am getting the itch to use a good old two-hander, though; not sure if I'll start a new character for melee stuff, or if I'll just build it into my mage.

All in all, this should be a good few hundred hours of a time sink, although I doubt it'll ever be able to replace Morrowind. Nothing can beat Morrowind.

And yes, I am extremely late in buying this. My Steam account was locked for bullshit reasons for a few months; I only got it back after writing a very stern "fuck you" letter to Valve. By the time I got it back, I was short on money, then Mass Effect 3 rolled around and I got that. So yeah, late to the game, but loving every second of it.
uhm, that should be 'stuff.' My stiff is never nihilistic.
~Steven Erikson

Mythwood: Play-by-post RP board.

#1087 User is offline   Beezulbubba 

• ---
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:21 AM

DLC announced. Coming "this summer". >>>>> LINK

#1088 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:15 AM

I'm excited there's a dlc, but DAMN, this is really all we get? The title and a glory eye effect?
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#1089 User is offline   BlackMoranthofDoom 

• Fist
  • Interests:gaming, watching movies, listening to metal

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:05 PM

Here's hoping the DLC will be expansive like for the past games. It would be cool if we could go to Morrowind and see what it looks like after 200 years.

#1090 User is offline   POOPOO MCBUMFACE 

• High Fist

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:54 PM

I hope it's not all about the Falmer. They're not a bad concept, but they're a bit samey, something done to death in the series as it is - how many extinct/warped Elven subraces do we need? The Chimer/Dunmer stuff in Morrowind was great, the Dwemer backstory, mystery and ruins are fantastic, the hints about the Falmer in Bloodmoon were fun because it was all kept very vague and steeped in legend, the Ayleid in Oblivion were so goddamn boring I can't remember a thing about them, and the Falmer dungeons (Blackreach) in Skyrim were cool even if the Falmer were just dumb monsters. Enough is enough.

I want to see an expansion about the Thalmor and the overarching unmaking-creation storyline, though I guess that might be waiting for the next game :p

This post has been edited by POOPOO MCBUMFACE: 03 May 2012 - 02:55 PM

#1091 User is offline   Kanubis 

• Captain of Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:35 PM

Elder Scrolls MMO announced for release next year.

Three faction PvP with original DAoC people on board, hmmm? Interesting...
Captain of Team Quick Ben. Also teaboy.

#1092 User is offline   POOPOO MCBUMFACE 

• High Fist

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:00 PM

That has huge potential gameplay-wise, I'm somewhat excited. But they're going to WoWify the lore, aren't they :p

Cool that it's set before the divine retcon that turned Cyrodiil from a lush jungle into a generic forest, though. They do care enough about their setting to take that into account, right?

Right?

EDIT: scans leaked, confirmed for WoW clone, Mannimarco is the butchered villain again, the Dunmer, Nords and Argonians have formed a pact to join forces against the Empire even though that's like making a WW2 game about Poland and Germany teaming up to conquer Japan. Here we go.

This post has been edited by POOPOO MCBUMFACE: 03 May 2012 - 10:33 PM

#1093 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:08 AM

Sooo, back on track to Skyrim:

what workshop stuff is everyone using?
aside from an arrow-making mod, a bandolier mod for extra storage, I've so far only tapped into a few residences, mainly for the mannequins so I can satisfy my desire to collect one of every suit of armor and put on display, until last night.

I've started a new game with a no-level cap (well, a level 236 cap) mod (which also removes the skill entry level per perk). Since it also accelerates skill accumulation and levelling, I am now level 16 or so after 3 hours of playing, and on Blackwater Falls or whatever the first quest dungeon is, I ran into a frost troll instead of a simple draugar. Which proceeded to kick my ass good.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#1094 User is offline   Lusipher 

• Talon Captain of Team Quick Ben
  • View gallery

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:10 PM

I'm trying to troubleshoot my game, for some reason it hasn't wanted to work since the 1.5 patch. I'm paring down the addons to see if it's one of them but haven't had luck there yet. I don't think it's the saved game bug either, as the problem crops up in new and old saves alike.

And for the record, if that's how the Elder Scrolls MMO is going to be, I won't be going near it. Hopefully they continue the single player games because that mmo looks horrible.

This post has been edited by Lusipher: 07 May 2012 - 01:11 PM

#1095 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal
  • Interests:Fencing, ninpo, didjeridu, good books, good films and irn-bru.
  • Pre-dinner mayonnaise -- it's good for you!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:37 PM

Been playing again recently. Not doing a lot...just riding about and exploring, doing odd dungeons here and there. S'all good.
The love I bear thee can afford no better term than this: thou art a villain.

"Perhaps we think up our own destinies and so, in a sense, deserve whatever happens to us, for not having had the wit to imagine something better." Iain Banks

#1096 User is offline   rhulad 

• First Sword

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:18 PM

This is relevant:
Posted Image

#1097 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:35 AM

Bought it for my PC a little while ago, and had to get a Steam account (grrr!), then had to download shit-tins more (double grrrr!). Why? It's a fucking SINGLE PLAYER GAME!!! All I should have to do is log on occasionally to download patches. But oh well ...

Then I started playing.

What, no tutorial? WTF is this stupid key setup? A and D are strafe left and strafe right, and you have to turn with your mouse? That's nothing less than fucking retarded.
So how do I change this to a more logical W A S D movement setup? Oh ... it seems I can't. Maybe if they had included a manual that was more than 8 fucking pages, and help files that ... you know ... actually helped. :D

I shouldn't have to google the shit out of the internet to get help with basic setup stuff. Or maybe I should know it all instinctively, as I'm such a massive computer RPG player (I'm not, this and SWTOR are my only forays into the field)? Sorry, but the SWTOR setup and gameplay pounds the living shit out of the Skyrim setup and gameplay. I'm sure Skyrim would be fun ... if I could be bothered spending hours and hours researching how to do basic stuff that every other game I have ever heard of teaches you at the beginning.

And let's not get into the terribad menu setup. Ugh.

No doubt I'll give it another go later, but for now consider me disappointed.
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#1098 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:37 AM

View PostSombra, on 17 May 2012 - 10:35 AM, said:

A and D are strafe left and strafe right, and you have to turn with your mouse? That's nothing less than fucking retarded.

Uhm, sorry to burst your bubble, Somber, but AD strafing and mouse turning is the way to go for PC gaming, and has been around since Quake 1 at least :D Adapt or die.

also: look up the term "keyboard turner"
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#1099 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:39 AM

The keyboard and mouse setup in Skyrim is the default for every game since the late 90's, Sombra. :p Ever since strafing was invented it became the norm to turn/look with the mouse and strafe with the 'logical' WASD keys. XD That's the setup for action games, be they FPS or RPG, and pretty much (except in the faaaaaar reaches of my memory) always has been. >.>

And I'm not sure what's up with the lack of in-game tutorials, because the opening sequence is one long tutorial, complete with on-screen button guides, at least on the Xbox. And there are really only like 5 keys you need to know, anyway, the game is not complicated. :D

EDIT: Cross with Gothos. We make the same point. :D

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#1100 User is offline   Lucifer's Heaven 

• Shaved Knuckle
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:55 PM

Give WASD strafing a shot (it might take a bit of time to get used to), see what you think.
It gives much more control. MMOs are really the only games that try to make you see as the character that don't use mouse look. Heck I played almost all of SWTOR with the right button held down :D
Basically keys control actual movement relative to the world, mouse controls orientation and view.
Especially in first person mode, mouse look allows things like turning around quickly, which you can't do with keys. And while you're running at someone you can sidestep arrows and obstacles while keeping your view on them.

I hope you enjoy the game and good luck :p
"So how'd you save the world?"
"Averted the rapture by drowning the baby Jesus in his own tears"

Share this topic:

• 68 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

30 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 30 guests, 0 anonymous users