• 642 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ye Big Movie thread

#21 Guest__*

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 04 October 2004 - 02:30 PM

No, I went to see Matrix 2 expecting it to be about on par with the mediocrity of the first one, instead it was complete and utter ****.

The third one, on the other hand, wasnt quite as mediocre as the first, nor was it as bad as the second, therefore it falls firmly into the category of "suck"

#22 Guest_Sha'ik Reborn_*

Posted 28 November 2004 - 12:36 PM

oooooooo i looooved Chronicles of Riddick!! i think it kicked butt and i thought it was a good sequel too!

really wanna see Bush's Brain and i wanna see Team America too. they look brill.

watched Van Helsing, i thought it was really good. hugh jackman was yummy Posted Image

#23 Guest_Dark Daze_*

Posted 14 July 2004 - 01:31 PM

Gothos: Ninja Scroll, Berserk, and Reign the Conqueror have a similar level of violence and cool images.

Rurouni Kenshin OVA is supposed to be one of the best animes out there and is a samarai epic. It may be similar as might the fantasy anime Bastard.

Hellsing and Blood the Last Vampire are the other two vampire animes. Of course, Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust was a sequal and the first one was very good.

Of course there is Blade and I have been curious about the British miniseries Ultraviolet.

#24 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 11 November 2004 - 10:10 AM

Ho can you like avp, chronicles of riddick and still look forward to bridget jones. Thats quite a diverse selection.

#25 Guest_LooseCannon_*

Posted 29 September 2004 - 02:30 PM

Could be, I dunno. I do know that they removed the super size portions from Canada about a year and a half ago and even they weren't as big as the ones from the States.

Anyway, just watched Troy. *yawn* That pretty much sums up the movie. Had a good premise but my god get a director who can pull it off. Ridley Scott, Mel Gibson and Michael Mann can do an epic historical movie. Wolfgang Peterson should stick to... well the only critically acclaimed movie he did was Das Boot, everything else has been garbage, so maybe he should pick a new profession. For the entire movie I was thinking that this is probably the first movie about Ancient Greece to come out of Hollywood in 40 years and they waste such an awesome oppurtunity on this crap. They should have adapted Gates of Fire with Michael Mann as was rumoured so many years ago. *sigh*

#26 Guest__*

Posted 23 August 2004 - 12:35 AM

LOL rodeo. Ash would own them both, even without his b00mstick!!!

@Loose

I concur about Underworld. (Raises glass of bevarage) Heres to Underworld 2. Posted Image

#27 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 13 September 2004 - 12:52 PM

Actually, 'Slapshot' is the greatest Canadian film ever. It's not filmed or set in Canada. Few if any of the cast and crew are Canadian. But even so, i claim it as ours.

Ok, fine, 'Strange Brew' is the best, but Slapshot gets an honourary title.

- Abyss, feels shame.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#28 Guest_Hedge_*

Posted 22 March 2005 - 04:38 AM

I watched Bubb-Ho-Tep last night. Excellent film. Elvis, JFK and a mummy wearing cowboy boots. What more could you ask for? Posted Image

#29 User is offline   Lord Gordonis 

• Pursuivant of TQB
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 24 September 2004 - 01:20 PM

went to see Cellular
very good indeed

#30 User is offline   RodeoRanch 

• The Midnight Special
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 02 September 2004 - 07:50 AM

I've heard of it. I'll rent it and watch it when we're all piss drunk. Makes movies far more entertaining.

Although, the last Matrix movie sucked even when I was drunk. Posted Image

#31 Guest_LooseCannon_*

Posted 27 August 2004 - 04:23 PM

Have episodes 1-4 of the Last Exile. Better be good, Dark Daze. Posted Image

Watched Phantom Menace last night. God what a crappy movie to rewatch. If they just took out all the parts with Jar Jar, Anakin, the Senate meetings, the pod race, and any scene with Naboo in it (besides the last twenty minutes) it might have been a good movie.

A friend at work told me that Lucas is adding stuff to the original trilogy on the DVDs that are set for release in September. He said there are rumours that they took the Emperor's hologram thing out of Empire Strikes Back and put in a real shot of the Emperor (filmed recently) saying some REALLY bad lines to Vader.

#32 User is offline   Tiger_sword 

• First Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 29 November 2004 - 02:03 PM

~Oh my God Posted Image i love Back to the future

What a cool idea. i totally agree that film just arn't what they used to be. Better Special effects but wheres the storyline and historic acting!

#33 Guest__*

Posted 23 September 2004 - 08:03 AM

quote:
Saw Fahrenheit 9/11 yesterday.

Hardly any comedy, too much emotion, too few facts and some cheap shots.

The usual moore, i suppose.

Whats truly sad is that stuff like this gets popular, while the real enlightening material doesnt.

Posted Image

and here I never thought I would use that smiley thing

#34 Guest_Fool_*

Posted 09 September 2004 - 11:02 AM

Hotter maybe, but not more beautiful.

Movie looks interesting.

Though, i'd be surprised if its out in europe.

#35 Guest_Fool_*

Posted 18 October 2004 - 06:52 AM

A miracle! A sequel thats better than the original! Praised be the lord!

I am talking about spider man 2 btw. And its a lot better even.

And it seems like the director even made fun of himself at one point when it looked like another super-cheesy section was about to start and he just cut it off (when he started reciting poetry).

Also watched oldboy. Best movie i've seen all year.

#36 Guest_LooseCannon_*

Posted 28 September 2004 - 05:54 PM

I have yet to see Super Size Me but I heard about those gigantic meal sizes in the movie. I've been to quite a few McDonalds in the States growing up (all northern states like Michigan, Illinois, Minnesota, etc) and can't recall their large-sized meals being any different than Canada. It was only in Texas that they had the half gallons, right?

#37 User is offline   Lord Gordonis 

• Pursuivant of TQB
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 08 August 2004 - 11:30 AM

no i don't *bad* *slap* for DD

#38 Guest_Falco_*

Posted 13 November 2004 - 06:09 AM

Saw the Kill Bill Vols 1&2 in one sitting on DVD- Tarantino is still...ohhh, man, what a film. Still love that House of Blue Leaves scene, and that anime sequence, and- damn, I like it all. Posted Image

Also saw 'Ninja Scroll'- very nice, I liked it a lot. I think it was recommended to me by somebody on here, so thanks in general. And lastly, I also saw 'Hidalgo'- always a sucker for a decent horse story, and this fitted the bill alright. Somehow, Rodeo, I got the feeling that you might like this movie- ever seen it?

#39 Guest_fortrip_*

Posted 11 November 2004 - 06:32 AM

saw the grudge to, i had to shout at some kid behind me who kept talking to his girlfriend, and she kept bursting into tears whenever the woman appeared. He was trying to tell her what was about to happen so she wouldnt get scared, so i knew exactly what was going to happen for the first half hour. Little git.

quite a good movie though, bits were a bit crappy (the woman with no jaw) and i hate sam raimi's brother (the bloke with the glasses) but the ghost was pretty cool.

#40 Guest_LooseCannon_*

Posted 27 June 2004 - 08:06 AM

That is a great movie, Tim. Been a long time since I've seen it. Two other awesome Vegas movies are Very Bad Things and Swingers (although it is only in Vegas at the beginning).

Tried to go to see Farhenheit 9/11 opening night but it was sold out. Was glad as I didn't really feel like watching a two hour Democratic campaign video. Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 642 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users