• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ye Big Movie thread

#8041 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 09 May 2016 - 05:29 PM

The latest Dan Brown offering has made it to the teaser trailer stage (note: they smartly skipped adapting the stupid 3rd book and went straight for the 4th).

The book was alright (third best after DaVinci and A&D)...but the movie looks fun!
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#8042 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 09 May 2016 - 05:35 PM

Went and saw Captain America: Civil War earlier. Loved it but what made it even better was the fact that I had the entire cinema for myself. Just me and a giant screen and a phenomenal sound system. I am definitely doing more early afternoon screenings in the future.

#8043 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 09 May 2016 - 06:13 PM

View PostApt, on 09 May 2016 - 05:35 PM, said:

Went and saw Captain America: Civil War earlier. Loved it but what made it even better was the fact that I had the entire cinema for myself. Just me and a giant screen and a phenomenal sound system. I am definitely doing more early afternoon screenings in the future.

I do this a lot...even better are when the screening is at like 10:30 or 11AM. I usually have either MOST of the theatre to myself or all of it. It's pretty sweet.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#8044 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 09 May 2016 - 06:43 PM

I felt like a king.

Even better was at the end of the film, a custodian came in, opened the doors and stood by the exit waiting for me to finish the film. I'm assuming they just have to do it because of protocol but he was basically just standing there waiting for me to exit and probably clean out the place. Me and my small container of coke.

Almost felt bad for sitting and waiting for the scenes after the main credits but it was also a funny scenario.

#8045 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 12 May 2016 - 03:42 PM

#8046 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 14 May 2016 - 09:06 PM

Just watched last year's Macbeth effort. Very good- top performances from Fassy and Cottilard and the visuals and atmosphere are spectacular. It makes me anticipate the Assassin's Creed movie even more since it's the same director.
I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you.

#8047 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 16 May 2016 - 12:46 PM

Finally watched BROOKLYN and we quite enjoyed it. I think a part of what I enjoyed about it was that very much like DOWNTON ABBEY, in that there was no real overall antagonist...and as a result the story is allowed to unfold slowly and non-threateningly. Sometimes I like that kind of narrative, and BROOKLYN obliges. I don't know why it was up for Oscars though...as it was good, but not necessarily award-worthy.

#8048 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 16 May 2016 - 02:05 PM

http://birthmoviesde...matic-language1

I disagree with Film Critic Hulk on 3/4 of this essay, but it's well written and thought provoking. He speaks on Revenant, Mad Max, Interstellar, Bridge of Spies, and many more. I do think his video links are broken, but the meat of the article is still there.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#8049 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 16 May 2016 - 02:20 PM

I won't read anything on that assclown (Faraci)'s site...what's the gist?

#8050 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 16 May 2016 - 04:05 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 16 May 2016 - 02:20 PM, said:

I won't read anything on that assclown (Faraci)'s site...what's the gist?

Gonna copy/paste the article in spoilers here without the periodic links and movie clips, so you can read it without giving a click to the site I linked to above.

Spoiler

I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#8051 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 16 May 2016 - 06:07 PM

Just watched Antman in prep to go see Cap tonight.

Enjoyed it.

Rudd was excellent, and a few really funny moments.
Loved the train sequence

#8052 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 17 May 2016 - 09:02 PM

Ok so I'm late to the X-Men party.

Watched First Class for the first time on Saturday, and have just finished DoFP.

Both were actually very good; love the new actors and the almost seamless meld between old and new movies. Excellent on blu ray, so many good scenes, the Quicksilver one was especially good.

Stuff I didn't get though - firstly, why has 70's Logan got bone claws? (I haven't seen any of the Wolverine movies as they looked pretty awful at first glance. Are they worth a look?) Does his position at the end of DoFP blend into the Wolverine movies, or do they now not happen, as Mystique was in charge of his recovery from the river? And if that has changed, how does he get his metal skeleton?

Also, how did his future conscience 'wake up' at some random day in Xaviers school? Shouldn't it have died when that future did?

This post has been edited by Traveller: 17 May 2016 - 09:06 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#8053 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 18 May 2016 - 03:19 AM

The Origins: Wolverine movie is terrible. The second one is mediocre, which is a step up for sure, but still isn't satisfying. It's kind of an odd duck, because there's lots of heart in it (and several good scenes), but it's just poorly handled as a whole. It's a good story incompetently told, rather than the first one's terrible story incompetently told.

Edit: I'm not saying James Mangold is an incompetent director, but the movie is clunky.

This post has been edited by worry: 18 May 2016 - 03:22 AM

They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#8054 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 18 May 2016 - 05:00 AM

They're showing the Wolverine movies on Film4 this week. I'm TiVo'ing them as I've only seen them on planes. They're rubbish. Just bored and up for a perv :laughing:

I also don't understand how the ending of DoFT would allow him to get Strykered and get his adamantium skeleton but meh.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#8055 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 18 May 2016 - 01:35 PM

Finally got to watch EDGE OF TOMORROW....and Meh.

I mean Cruise and Blunt were both great...but the overall premise (like the Japanese lite novel that inspired it) I find to be a bit meh. So while I was moderately entertained, I'm REALLY glad I never saw it in theatre.

#8056 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 18 May 2016 - 03:06 PM

View PostMezla PigDog, on 18 May 2016 - 05:00 AM, said:

They're showing the Wolverine movies on Film4 this week. I'm TiVo'ing them as I've only seen them on planes. They're rubbish. Just bored and up for a perv :laughing:

I also don't understand how the ending of DoFT would allow him to get Strykered and get his adamantium skeleton but meh.

Unconscious + government custody = Guinea Pig time!!!
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#8057 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 18 May 2016 - 09:08 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 18 May 2016 - 01:35 PM, said:

I mean Cruise and Blunt were both great...but the overall premise (like the Japanese lite novel that inspired it) I find to be a bit meh. So while I was moderately entertained, I'm REALLY glad I never saw it in theatre.

Every day more and more you and Apt are switching places.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#8058 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 18 May 2016 - 09:27 PM

View Postworry, on 18 May 2016 - 09:08 PM, said:

I was just thinking that! QT what's going on man? Everything OK?
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#8059 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 18 May 2016 - 10:42 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 18 May 2016 - 09:27 PM, said:

View Postworry, on 18 May 2016 - 09:08 PM, said:

I was just thinking that! QT what's going on man? Everything OK?

Ha! I'm all good, but we all gotta have Apt days.

#8060 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 20 May 2016 - 10:36 AM

View PostAbyss, on 18 May 2016 - 03:06 PM, said:

View PostMezla PigDog, on 18 May 2016 - 05:00 AM, said:

Unconscious + government custody = Guinea Pig time!!!

Well if that's how it ended it's ruddy obvious how he got his adamantium. I need to watch that film again.....
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

Share this topic:

• 643 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users