• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia 43 Elysium ALL HAIL HETAN

#81 User is offline   Grief 

• Prophet of High House Mafia
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 16 April 2009 - 09:24 PM

Hmm, well if anything will help him playing the noob card, as it makes him looko authentic not knowing FM from scene etc.

Cougar said:

Grief, FFS will you do something with your sig, it's bloody awful

worry said:

Grief is right (until we abolish capitalism).

#82 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 16 April 2009 - 09:24 PM

Sixty/Shadow

Ravnos (Anarch)

Your clan is derided by the drest of the kindred as tricksters and fools. The curse of your bloodline makes you adept at illusion and drives you to constantly attempt to cheat your fellow Kindred at everything. As such, despite the cloak that conceals your appearance, other kindred harbour an instinctive distrust of you. Your vote does not count. Have fun!

hmm. Was hoping for a symp or killer role (maybe even thief ) but this looks like it could be fun. So my vote doesn't count? Will it work like the mexican game with the harmonica hombre, or will it not increase the # of votes in p-s updates?

same way as in Tapper's game. we are giving you some hiding room.

-ment

better reaction that what i'd expect, tbh.

I figure with a double voter in there, and some requiring an extra votes, some players requiring less, the voting roles should not be immidiately obvious.
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#83 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 16 April 2009 - 09:26 PM

Gem/Barghast

Baali (Baali) barghast
You are the demon-worshipping, pure evil Baali. Along with your sibling Ruse you have sought refuge amongs the White Fangs, but now you are hunted once again. You may talk to them off thread at all times.
Your years of hiding from your fellow kindred, combined with your demonic disciplines, allowed you to develop new abilities. You may take on identity of any player. (i.e. you are an FM). This takes up two nights, and you must submit the same player's name on both of them. Both of you may take up different player's bodies, but only one off you ay attempt to shift each night.

You will win when you are the last ones standing.

'talk to them' - who is them? Just Ruse?

I love the FM thing. Can you explain how it works exactly?

yes, it's just ruse. easier than writing him/her

Fm works the following way: both of you may choose a target for a night action (different targets) if your action goes through (last action on the list), the target is "prepared"--you have tracked them all night and know enough to be able to copy them.
the followong night (or any other night), you submit the same person's name again, this time for posession. if successful, you are given the password to the person's alt, they are killed, as is your former alt, and their name and faction comes up in the CF of your former alt.
if the peson had any abilities, you will be able to use them, in addition to your own.

Ok, cool. Btw, putting me in the same team as JA? I am already scared...

as always, luck of the draw.
-ment

Galain/Baudin

Ravnos (Anarch)

Your clan is derided by the drest of the kindred as tricksters and fools. The curse of your bloodline makes you adept at illusion and drives you to constantly attempt to cheat your fellow Kindred at everything. As such, despite the cloak that conceals your appearance, other kindred harbour an instinctive distrust of you. Your vote does not count. Have fun!

Also about the win conditions, what is the difference between being the last ones standing and removing all people not on your team?

no real difference
but one sounds more town-like,while hte other sounds more like scum.

-ment

Ah right i was just wondering if there was actually a reason for the different wording.

not as such.
-ment

may only make a difference in the endgame when it comes to calling the game.
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#84 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 16 April 2009 - 09:29 PM

Sixty/shadow

Ravnos (Anarch)

hmm. Was hoping for a symp or killer role (maybe even thief ) but this looks like it could be fun. So my vote doesn't count? Will it work like the mexican game with the harmonica hombre, or will it not increase the # of votes in p-s updates?

same way as in Tapper's game. we are giving you some hiding room.

-ment

Okay. I think I just posted the worst code ever hahahah. I'll do my best to make up for the lack of you and grief. D:

re: code
at least Yellow's not playing
-ment

really, though
Why code that you are part of town?
everyone will claim that at one point or another.

#85 User is offline   Grief 

Posted 16 April 2009 - 09:34 PM

Well, no one is going to say otherwise, and there is the general assumption that everyone will assume they are town, and post from town POV.
In fact, saying "look i'm town, i've got a code to prove it" is going to look terrible, particularly when he can't prove anything.

Cougar said:

worry said:

#86 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 16 April 2009 - 09:37 PM

sigh, i thought Sixty knew better..

anyhow, bwgan just read her PM

her reaction and my explanations follow

You told me this would be straightforward …yes all have a good laugh at my denseness in SH, why don't you. I am reasonably intelligent, but this might as well be written in…well, Welsh, for all the sense I can make of it. I mean I get that I'm a…recruiter? Which goes to show what the luck of the draw does for you (I couldn't recruit a Morgy to a knees up in a distillery, but whatever…)

Is there anything you can actually tell me given that I am a total newb to this sort of set up?

*Sigh*

1. Right, is my recruiting a NA or am I supposed to actually work for it? If the former, I presume you don't need a no action NA for the first night...if the latter - OMG, my cell is done for.

2. If, it is a NA and I target a Sabbat I guess nothing will happen, but if, by some miracle, I manage to target a kindred how will I know it worked? Or am I not supposed to know? And what do you mean they will be given the identity of the Lasombra if Lasombra is in my cell? And what do you mean I'm becoming hysterical???

I have got other questions, but I have no clue what they are yet.

Confused of a keep somewhere in the Carpathians

Don't laugh at me - or I will hunt you down and...and...call you rude names.

ok, let me begin by telling you you were prey to a ruse by Bent--it was up in the air which game would be played next--a really simple one he spoke of, or mine, which is slightly more complex.
there was a poll, and mine won.

now, as to your questions

Rashan and Korvavlain are your Sabbat teammates -it's you against the other 18 of them.

good news is, YOU can change that.
every night, starting with nigh 2, you can recruit as your NA.
"Kindred" is a general term for vampires--you are all kindred.

If you recruit one from a proper clan--the one that can be recruited, that player will join your team. he will know only who Lasombra (Rashan is). so, he will likely follow Rashan in voting, etc.

I believe the PM told you which should clans you should avoid recruiting.
note: "clan" in this context referrs to the role of the player, not his faction.

hope that makes sense and PM me with further questions

hope you have fun!

-ment

#87 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 16 April 2009 - 09:40 PM

in retrospect, the way the roles are distributed gives all relatively new players a chance to play some cool roles,and alot of old hands are stuck as essential RIs. that should make this interesting..

#88 User is offline   Grief 

Posted 16 April 2009 - 09:40 PM

He's gone for the classic first letter of every sentence.

You know, decent codes aren't hard, just take a number for each letter of the alphabet, and then mess around with the numbers, re convert into letters, use those letters, voila.

It's so unlikely you get caught, because no one is likely to find posts like that, because the amount of posts you'd have to check, so even something really basic with the numbers works...

As well as that, they'd have to guess which letters you were using, so it's so unliekly to get cracked.

Doesn't take that long either, so you'd think it'd be more common, rather than risky, easier to spot codes.

Cougar said:

worry said:

#89 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 16 April 2009 - 09:43 PM

I like "first syllable of every other sentence"

sigh
well, seems we got another spike of activity in thread.

#90 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 16 April 2009 - 09:48 PM

gem's got some questions and alt-guesses

Baali (Baali) barghast
You are the demon-worshipping, pure evil Baali. Along with your sibling Ruse you have sought refuge amongs the White Fangs, but now you are hunted once again. You may talk to them off thread at all times.
Your years of hiding from your fellow kindred, combined with your demonic disciplines, allowed you to develop new abilities. You may take on identity of any player. (i.e. you are an FM). This takes up two nights, and you must submit the same player's name on both of them. Both of you may take up different player's bodies, but only one off you ay attempt to shift each night.

You will win when you are the last ones standing.

'talk to them' - who is them? Just Ruse?

I love the FM thing. Can you explain how it works exactly?

yes, it's just ruse. easier than writing him/her

Fm works the following way: both of you may choose a target for a night action (different targets) if your action goes through (last action on the list), the target is "prepared"--you have tracked them all night and know enough to be able to copy them.
the followong night (or any other night), you submit the same person's name again, this time for posession. if successful, you are given the password to the person's alt, they are killed, as is your former alt, and their name and faction comes up in the CF of your former alt.
if the peson had any abilities, you will be able to use them, in addition to your own.

Ok, cool. Btw, putting me in the same team as JA? I am already scared...

as always, luck of the draw.
-ment

More questions - we can possess as much as we like, or are there any limits?

as many as you like.
when you possess, someone you kill them.
it's your way of narrowing down the numbers

remember: only one of you may shift each night.
-ment

Shadow is grief. HAHAHA!

Or Venge, if he's playing. Hmmm.

Grief's co-modding, ;p

-ment

Never mind, it's Venge. Shadow is Venge. Bwhahaha!

Provisional: possess Shadow.

that's one prep on Shadow. poor sixty, :unworthy:

and more Emur/bwgan

ok, let me begin by telling you you were prey to a ruse by Bent--it was up in the air which game would be played next--a really simple one he spoke of, or mine, which is slightly more complex.
there was a poll, and mine won.

now, as to your questions

Rashan and Korvavlain are your Sabbat teammates -it's you against the other 18 of them.

good news is, YOU can change that.
every night, starting with nigh 2, you can recruit as your NA.
"Kindred" is a general term for vampires--you are all kindred.

If you recruit one from a proper clan--the one that can be recruited, that player will join your team. he will know only who Lasombra (Rashan is). so, he will likely follow Rashan in voting, etc.

I believe the PM told you which should clans you should avoid recruiting.
note: "clan" in this context referrs to the role of the player, not his faction.

hope that makes sense and PM me with further questions

hope you have fun!

-ment

Thank the good lord for that...did my message contain a hint of panic then? Damn, and I thought I hid it so well. Remind me to do something horrible to Bent when this is over!

In my own defence - I did get that Korv and Rashan were in my cell...and the bit about the kindred being a generic term - tch, anybody would think I was stupid or something.

#91 User is offline   Grief 

Posted 16 April 2009 - 09:51 PM

Haha, nice and smooth with the alt guesses there Gem :D :unworthy: :unworthy:

Cougar said:

worry said:

#92 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 16 April 2009 - 09:52 PM

lol, it'd be funny if she jumps into Sixty, get his power (no vote), and is then lynched for it, to discover she's a Baali, :unworthy:

EDIT: updated OP, will be putting actions there.

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 16 April 2009 - 09:55 PM

#93 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 16 April 2009 - 10:00 PM

gem threatens us! titled :"time"

...I have lots of it. So I'll be posting a lot, I think. And spamming you guys like a little monkey spammer. *chuckle*

/Gem chained-to-the-keyboard Windcaster

btw, Grief, ill be heaidn out for a few hours soon. how long are you going to be around for?

#94 User is offline   Grief 

Posted 16 April 2009 - 10:04 PM

Probably only a couple more hours, tops.

Cougar said:

worry said:

#95 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 16 April 2009 - 10:06 PM

ah, well then they'll be modless inthe deadish hours for a bit.

#96 User is offline   Grief 

Posted 16 April 2009 - 10:08 PM

Meh, it's early in the game, doesn't really matter.

Also, i'm gonna be away a bit tommorow, cause i've got to go get some injectionsm so i'll be away for a few hours in the afternoon.

Cougar said:

worry said:

#97 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 16 April 2009 - 10:08 PM

well, in answer to the question "did Peaunutbutta/Silanah figure out the Baali", the answer is a resounding NO:

I'm somewhat intentionally raising my profile by calling into light the win conditions and exposing the Sabbat as the greatest threat.

I am HIGHLY aware that this is likely to get me targeted for night actions.

If the Sabbat want to possess me, that's OK by me because that's a wasted action on his part and that particular aspect of me is reusable.

I'm not too worried about getting killed off this night (assuming I don't suffer a lynching for 'speaking up'), but what would happen if I were targeted by more than one person with a Kill tonight? Would they all fail or would one of them actually get through?

all kills would fail tonight, because all actions take place simultaneously.
-ment

I do love the amount of paranoia... does that make me a bad man?

EDIT ironicaly enough, being targetted by Sabbat would remove his "needs one less vote" power.
it would also remove all his immunities, but still...

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 16 April 2009 - 10:10 PM

#98 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 16 April 2009 - 10:12 PM

View PostGrief, on Apr 17 2009, 12:08 AM, said:

Meh, it's early in the game, doesn't really matter.

Also, i'm gonna be away a bit tommorow, cause i've got to go get some injectionsm so i'll be away for a few hours in the afternoon.

hmm
I'm def gonna be away fr about 4 hours in the morning, b/c i'm going home for easter tomorrow.

it should be find, I'd be back soo after the 25 hour mark.

#99 User is offline   Grief 

Posted 16 April 2009 - 10:13 PM

View PostPath-Shaper, on Apr 16 2009, 11:08 PM, said:

well, in answer to the question "did Peaunutbutta/Silanah figure out the Baali", the answer is a resounding NO:

I'm somewhat intentionally raising my profile by calling into light the win conditions and exposing the Sabbat as the greatest threat.

I am HIGHLY aware that this is likely to get me targeted for night actions.

If the Sabbat want to possess me, that's OK by me because that's a wasted action on his part and that particular aspect of me is reusable.

I'm not too worried about getting killed off this night (assuming I don't suffer a lynching for 'speaking up'), but what would happen if I were targeted by more than one person with a Kill tonight? Would they all fail or would one of them actually get through?

all kills would fail tonight, because all actions take place simultaneously.
-ment

I do love the amount of paranoia... does that make me a bad man?

EDIT ironicaly enough, being targetted by Sabbat would remove his "needs one less vote" power.
it would also remove all his immunities, but still...

Hmm, that is odd though, if he is killed twice and has 1 NK BP he survives. Makes sense, but odd.

Cougar said:

worry said:

#100 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 16 April 2009 - 10:14 PM

Korlat/malaese

Ventrue (Anarch)

Ventrue are born to be rulers of of the Camarilla. Such was your fate, but the tragic death of your sire left you a victim of the vicious politicking of your elders and forced you flee to the White Fangs.

Despite the cloak that hides your identity, you radiate an aura of authority that impresses your peers. As such, your vote counts double.

Wow, I never realized how little I want to read other people's Vampire RP posts, they could spell out their entire game plan to their teammates and I'd probably skim right over it.

look at it's this way: it's better that equal amount of senseless spam,

-ment

Maybe. Can you explain how my powers will show up or not show up on lynch count? If I voted right now would the next update show 2 votes with one name listed?

no
we would write voted for X : Korlat.
and thus X would die when 10 people have voted for him, instead of 11
it's the opposite of the HH from Tapper's game.

-ment

Thanks. Is it wierd to feel like Korlat is a safer name than Anomandaris? I hated being listed first in all the updates last game.

lol, the primacy effect is not all that significant in mafia, i've discovered. People think deeper, and heuristics like that are largely ignored.
(sorry, I'm a psyc major, sometimes it shows, :unworthy: )

-ment

Share this topic:

• 36 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users