• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia 43 Elysium ALL HAIL HETAN

#61 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 16 April 2009 - 08:23 PM

hmm
can't say I try a lot, if something jumps out at me, I make a guess.
I don't try to do it actively (anymore)

seems people enjoying the set up so far.

I'm still waiting on angry PMs from Baudin and Sixty(the two voteless Ravnos)
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#62 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 16 April 2009 - 08:24 PM

View PostPath-Shaper, on Apr 16 2009, 09:23 PM, said:

Btw, did you send Bubba a pm asking if he wanted to play, or just shin and Morg45?

bent said he PM-ed Bubba

I PM-ed Morg45 on Modcraft

didn't PM Shin, but I expect him to check the signup thread where I left him a message.

you think I should PM him?
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#63 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 16 April 2009 - 08:28 PM

Hmm, wouldn't hurt, I mean, not sure he'll check the sign ups, since the first thing you see is that the game has started when lookking at the mafia section.

#64 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 16 April 2009 - 08:31 PM

peanutbutta's angry that I'm drawing attention to him..

Parania has grown strong in that one, :unworthy:

explained to him that I've RP-ed with most of them so far, and it shouldn't matter.

-ment

#65 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 16 April 2009 - 08:35 PM

hmm, apparently my explanation post got deleted before sent. Poor guy's been waiting on it.

re sent to Peanutbutta/Silanah

And now you're just drawing MORE attention to me...!

Fffuuu...

lol, it was a joke

although it's nice to see mafia paranoia take root in you already,

seriosly, though, it's not going to mean anything.

-ment

Paranoia?! WHAT PARANOIA?!

Can you answer my questions now? <3

huh? I thought I did

one moment plz

I might have erase a msg before pressing sand... lousy laptop keyboard with touchpad getting in the way

this was my answer
1) you will be informed when your BP is gone. you will get no more information, and yes, form that point,an NK aimed at you will kill you.
2) FM (faceless man) works in two steps. night 1 you are "tracked", night 2, you are posessed, i.e, you die, and he takes over your alt.
your ability means you cannot be viable taget for the FM (one of the factions)
now, I am telling you this because you are new, but I expect you not to share this information on thread, all right?
3) Re: lynches. yes, the number of votes required to lynch you will always be one below the number announced in thread.
in the 9-10 votes scenario, since you have lreached the lynchable amount of votes first, the day would automatically end then. the 11th vote on the other person will have happened during the night, and will not count.

hope that helps
-ment

#66 User is offline   Grief 

• Prophet of High House Mafia
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 16 April 2009 - 08:36 PM

Well, it would look worse if you specifically ignored him.
I think he's going to try and be too under the radar.

Under the radar isn't the best way to be under the radar. People are suspicious of that.

The best wa to be under the radar is to get involved exactly the same as anyone esle. Useless pissing contests are ace for making it look like you're active, and involved, without actually getting you much further or putting much out there.

Paranoia is great :unworthy:

Cougar said:

Grief, FFS will you do something with your sig, it's bloody awful

worry said:

Grief is right (until we abolish capitalism).

#67 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 16 April 2009 - 08:39 PM

it's his second game, however, he's not familiar with mafia theory 201 yet

it might be tough playing it cool. if he's having doubts about his confidence, uber lurkage is his best strategy

-ment

#68 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 16 April 2009 - 08:43 PM

more of the same..

Fffuuu...

lol, it was a joke

-ment

huh? I thought I did

one moment plz

I might have erase a msg before pressing sand... lousy laptop keyboard with touchpad getting in the way

this was my answer
1) you will be informed when your BP is gone. you will get no more information, and yes, form that point,an NK aimed at you will kill you.
2) FM (faceless man) works in two steps. night 1 you are "tracked", night 2, you are posessed, i.e, you die, and he takes over your alt.
now, I am telling you this because you are new, but I expect you not to share this information on thread, all right?
3) Re: lynches. yes, the number of votes required to lynch you will always be one below the number announced in thread.
in the 9-10 votes scenario, since you have lreached the lynchable amount of votes first, the day would automatically end then. the 11th vote on the other person will have happened during the night, and will not count.

hope that helps
-ment

No, I hadn't received the response. Thanks.

I assume your response to #2 is basically in regards to the Sabbat faction which seems to have some kind of 'conversion' mechanism. You didn't have to explain the mechanism to me, I just wondered if tracked and possessed were the flavor-specific words for 'finder' and 'vote-rigger' for this game, but of course I won't say anything.

As a follow-up question, do 'track' and 'possess' always have those same meanings in Mafia games?

in Malaz games, when the FM mechanic is used, yes, terms like track/prepare and takeover/jump/posess will be used to describe the two phases. unsure how they are called on different forums.

-ment

#69 User is offline   Grief 

Posted 16 April 2009 - 08:44 PM

Well, if he just claims he can't understand much of whats happening so it's hard to contribute he could probably lurk/noob card his way through...

Cougar said:

worry said:

#70 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 16 April 2009 - 08:44 PM

I love how Mockra's accusing others of being in the Sabbat, :unworthy:

#71 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 16 April 2009 - 08:46 PM

View PostGrief, on Apr 16 2009, 09:44 PM, said:

Well, if he just claims he can't understand much of whats happening so it's hard to contribute he could probably lurk/noob card his way through...

maybe I should've paired him with Gavin, but I have a dislike to too many pairs after the Coltaine game...

#72 User is offline   Grief 

Posted 16 April 2009 - 08:46 PM

Hmm, I can see him mentioning the FM, just in passing "What about FM/Are we going to look for FM then" etc.

In that case, do we confirm we explained it to him, or what?

Because it's hard to say that without giving away his role is relevant to it...

Cougar said:

worry said:

#73 User is offline   Grief 

Posted 16 April 2009 - 08:48 PM

View PostPath-Shaper, on Apr 16 2009, 09:44 PM, said:

I love how Mockra's accusing others of being in the Sabbat, :unworthy:

It would be made so much better if one of the Sabbat came on, said "Person who speculates most suually has role" there have been quite a few cases of this in previous games, and mockra is lynched :D

Cougar said:

worry said:

#74 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 16 April 2009 - 08:51 PM

lol
no, he can say that he inferred that from the OP.
although he thinks sabbat are the FMs...

we won't confirm/deny everything.

-ment

more people have red their roles

Galain/Baudin

Ravnos (Anarch)

Your clan is derided by the drest of the kindred as tricksters and fools. The curse of your bloodline makes you adept at illusion and drives you to constantly attempt to cheat your fellow Kindred at everything. As such, despite the cloak that conceals your appearance, other kindred harbour an instinctive distrust of you. Your vote does not count. Have fun!

So basically i have no abilities and my vote doesnt count. Wow i may have the most useless role ever Sounds fun

look on the bright side: you can fake-symp, fake reveal and cause havok to your heart's content

-ment

Korlat/malaese

Ventrue (Anarch)

Ventrue are born to be rulers of of the Camarilla. Such was your fate, but the tragic death of your sire left you a victim of the vicious politicking of your elders and forced you flee to the White Fangs.

Despite the cloak that hides your identity, you radiate an aura of authority that impresses your peers. As such, your vote counts double.

Wow, I never realized how little I want to read other people's Vampire RP posts, they could spell out their entire game plan to their teammates and I'd probably skim right over it.

lol, that would be amusing..

#75 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 16 April 2009 - 08:53 PM

Silanh/Peanutbutta

Fffuuu...

lol, it was a joke

-ment

huh? I thought I did

one moment plz

this was my answer

hope that helps
-ment

No, I hadn't received the response. Thanks.

I assume your response to #2 is basically in regards to the Sabbat faction which seems to have some kind of 'conversion' mechanism. You didn't have to explain the mechanism to me, I just wondered if tracked and possessed were the flavor-specific words for 'finder' and 'vote-rigger' for this game, but of course I won't say anything.

As a follow-up question, do 'track' and 'possess' always have those same meanings in Mafia games?

in Malaz games, when the FM mechanic is used, yes, terms like track/prepare and takeover/jump/posess will be used to describe the two phases. unsure how they are called on different forums.

-ment

Okay thanks, I'll go back to fearing for my unlife.

lol, I have a feeling he'll fit in nicely..

-ment

#76 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 16 April 2009 - 09:03 PM

more Korlat/Malaese

Ventrue (Anarch)

Ventrue are born to be rulers of of the Camarilla. Such was your fate, but the tragic death of your sire left you a victim of the vicious politicking of your elders and forced you flee to the White Fangs.

Despite the cloak that hides your identity, you radiate an aura of authority that impresses your peers. As such, your vote counts double.

Wow, I never realized how little I want to read other people's Vampire RP posts, they could spell out their entire game plan to their teammates and I'd probably skim right over it.

look at it's this way: it's better that equal amount of senseless spam,

-ment

Maybe. Can you explain how my powers will show up or not show up on lynch count? If I voted right now would the next update show 2 votes with one name listed?

no
we would write voted for X : Korlat.
and thus X would die when 10 people have voted for him, instead of 11
it's the opposite of the HH from Tapper's game.

-ment

#77 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 16 April 2009 - 09:08 PM

baudin/Galain

Ravnos (Anarch)

Your clan is derided by the drest of the kindred as tricksters and fools. The curse of your bloodline makes you adept at illusion and drives you to constantly attempt to cheat your fellow Kindred at everything. As such, despite the cloak that conceals your appearance, other kindred harbour an instinctive distrust of you. Your vote does not count. Have fun!

Also about the win conditions, what is the difference between being the last ones standing and removing all people not on your team?

EDIt: posted wrong response, stupid tabs
there is no difference, one just sounds more fit for town, the other more fit for scum

-ment.

essentially, since I couldnt say "camarilla wins whe there's tow of them, vs. two others, becasue one of the others could be a killer, etc.

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 16 April 2009 - 09:10 PM

#78 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 16 April 2009 - 09:12 PM

ooh, good boy, Silanah

well-done playing the role spec card--my favourite way of appearing useful.

he's pretty sharp, except he's got the Cam way overpowered.

Edit: I'm also curious what our vamp experts will htink the Cam's got for them.
Assamites ar generally an independent clan, they fit the description of what i needed (a not uber-powerful predator) perfectly, so i sed them, but will anyone pick up on that?

-ment

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 16 April 2009 - 09:15 PM

#79 User is offline   Grief 

Posted 16 April 2009 - 09:19 PM

Well, considering there's one of them you could assume he would do that.
Also clever asking about the Baali.
Either that or he's not figured they're the FM yet.

Cougar said:

worry said:

#80 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 16 April 2009 - 09:21 PM

in his last PM he said the FMs were Sabbat. He may have figured it out by now, after re-reading the OP.

I did pretty much lay it out for those wiling to read.

Share this topic:

• 36 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users