• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

KCCM Matron speculation Prologue Spoilers!!!!!!!!! Rate Topic: -----

#41 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 26 March 2009 - 03:27 PM

Hmmm... Liosan, FA, another Tenescowri type empire... all good possibilities...

I love it - just the prologue and we've already got a KChain civilization (possibly two if the KN are in play), a child refugee column, Icarium, Heboric and at least one unknown enemy destroying entire nations...

- Abyss, ....this, THIS, is why i'm here...
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#42 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • very good...;)

Posted 26 March 2009 - 03:36 PM

Can anyone else not wait till the Matron's assassin meets up with Icarium.... :)
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#43 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 26 March 2009 - 03:54 PM

I want him to meet the Wolf Gods 'enkaral-in-thelomen's clothing' champion SO MUCH.

- Abyss, just because...
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#44 User is offline   Monoch Ochem 

• First Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 26 March 2009 - 04:16 PM

Well, even if the Matron's assasin meets Icarium, it may not necessarily be a hostile confrontation. In any event, Gu'Rull should be big and old and ugly enough to recognise Icarium and not try to unleash annihilation.
"We greet you Jaghut."

#45 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • very good...;)

Posted 26 March 2009 - 06:11 PM

Ok for those of you who are wondering about the roots

RG

pg 39/40

Seren Pedac believed that a city had once occupied the entire mountainside, a vertical fortress carved into living stone. She could make out what she thought were large gaping windows, and possibly the fragmented ledges of balconies high up, hazy in the mists. Yet something - something huge, terrible in its monstrosity - had impacted the entire side of the mountain, obliterating most of the city in a single blow. She could almost discern the outline of that collision, yet among the screes of rubble tracking down teh sundered slopes the only visible stone belonged to the mountain itself.
They stood at eh base of the trail. Seren watched the lifeless eyes of the Tiste Andii slowly scan upward.
"Well?" she said.
Silchas Ruin shook his head. 'Not from my people. k'Chain Che'Malle.'
'A victim of your war?'
He glanced across at her, as if gauging the emotion behind her question, then said, 'Most of the mountains from which the K'Chain Che'Malle carved their sky keeps are now beneath the waves, inundated following the collapse of Omtose Phellack. The cities are cut into the stone, although only in the very earliest versions are they as you see here - open to the air rather than buried within shapeless rock.'
'An elaboration suggestion a sudden need for self-defense.'
He nodded.

Further down page 40.

'The sorcery that destroyed this city was formidable,' Silchas Ruin said.
' Perhaps some natural force-'
'No, Acquitor. Starvald Demelain. The destruction was the work of dragons. Eleint of the pure blood. At least a dozen, working in concert, a combined unleashing of their warrens. Unusual,' he added.

As you can see it says that the KCCM created the original Sky keeps. It also leads one to believe that the KCCM possessed extremely advanced machines. So more likely the Root is the now underground city of the KCCM. As they have had to flee back to the original Root city. Well perhaps that is a stretch it might just imply that the city is underground like tree roots rather then in the open or a sky keep.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#46 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 26 March 2009 - 06:28 PM

You guys are talking about how many armies are on the ground here - isn't Ganoes and the Host kicking around somewhere?
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#47 User is offline   Daemon_Monkey 

• Daemon

Posted 26 March 2009 - 09:54 PM

View PostObdigore, on Mar 26 2009, 06:28 PM, said:

You guys are talking about how many armies are on the ground here - isn't Ganoes and the Host kicking around somewhere?

Yeah, though I wonder how they've gotten down to Letheras without anybody even noticing, unless Paran just drew a giant card of the place and marched the army though it :). I would certainly expect them to show up at some point given the message from Paran in TtH

#48 User is offline   Ain't_It_Just_ 

• The Recidivist
  • Group: LHTEC
  • Interests:Dungeons and Dragons, and the odd caramel slice.
  • The AIJman cometh

Posted 27 March 2009 - 11:00 AM

On the names of that KCCM place-was "Rooted" the name of the entire place, or just a section? If so, then maybe it's an actual colony and not a grounded sky keep.
Suck it Errant!

"It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum...and I'm all out of gum."

QUOTE (KeithF @ Jun 30 2009, 09:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It has been proven beyond all reasonable doubt that the most powerful force on Wu is a bunch of messed-up Malazans with Moranth munitions.

#49 User is offline   lord of tragedy 

• High Fist

Posted 27 March 2009 - 08:47 PM

i have posted this already and got no reply. the question seems to me to be why the matron needs the SA and MS. is she attempting to stave off extinction by ascending in the human fashion? is it a representation within the pantheon that she desires? a place within the deck of dragons? i always felt that drawing the house of chains into the deck meant that in a sense it was now part of wu and could not simply be destroyed? is this the protection she seeks?

on a more simple level the fact that we are given the Shigal POV leads me to suspect that the Matron may actually end up on the malazan side. or if not her then Shigal will.
sitting down here in the campfire light, waiting on the ghost of tom joad.

#50 User is offline   Daemon_Monkey 

• Daemon

Posted 27 March 2009 - 09:19 PM

I actually hope in a way that the shigal doesnt turn out to be on the malazan side.
It would be pretty interesting to get a POV from someone on the CG's side for once. Or Rather, a fully developed character that side as opposed to random Soldier A or Priest B.

Plus I always enjoy uber-beings from the past getting there arses kicked by marines :ball:

This post has been edited by Daemon_Monkey: 27 March 2009 - 09:20 PM

#51 User is offline   Urizen 

• First Sword

Posted 27 March 2009 - 09:19 PM

View Postlord of tragedy, on Mar 27 2009, 09:47 PM, said:

i have posted this already and got no reply. the question seems to me to be why the matron needs the SA and MS. is she attempting to stave off extinction by ascending in the human fashion? is it a representation within the pantheon that she desires? a place within the deck of dragons? i always felt that drawing the house of chains into the deck meant that in a sense it was now part of wu and could not simply be destroyed? is this the protection she seeks?

on a more simple level the fact that we are given the Shigal POV leads me to suspect that the Matron may actually end up on the malazan side. or if not her then Shigal will.

I think the Matron's need for Destriant, Mortal swords and Shield Anvils stems from her madness. Her insanity (or the crippled God, or both) has probably inspired her to think that human worshipers/slaves is what she need to win wars, leading her to an campaign of expansion.

My first thought was that the Matron and, presuably most of the KCCM, will fall under(or has already fallen) the sway of the CG while the "questers" will learn to live with the world and oppose the "old ways".

This post has been edited by Urizen: 27 March 2009 - 09:20 PM

" Ah, I despair, or I would if I cared enough. No, instead, I will make some ashcakes. Which I will not share."

#52 User is offline   lord of tragedy 

• High Fist

Posted 29 March 2009 - 06:54 AM

just a wild thought, was poliel destroyed at the end of BH and if she was does that mean there is space for a consort within the house of chains?
sitting down here in the campfire light, waiting on the ghost of tom joad.

#53 User is offline   Urizen 

• First Sword

Posted 29 March 2009 - 10:02 AM

View Postlord of tragedy, on Mar 29 2009, 06:54 AM, said:

just a wild thought, was poliel destroyed at the end of BH and if she was does that mean there is space for a consort within the house of chains?

Doubtful as Janall(Sp?) the former Letheri empress is Consort in Chains as of RG.
" Ah, I despair, or I would if I cared enough. No, instead, I will make some ashcakes. Which I will not share."

#54 User is offline   blackzoid 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 29 March 2009 - 05:11 PM

I'm hoping that the KCCM remain a third side, rather then joing either the CG or The malazan's.

#55 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 29 March 2009 - 05:19 PM

View Postblackzoid, on Mar 29 2009, 07:11 PM, said:

I'm hoping that the KCCM remain a third side, rather then joing either the CG or The malazan's.

My hopes aswell. I do however suspect that they will have a role in the solution to the Jadestatues. And there are two factions, from the prologue, it would seem that the Shorttails are the bad guys... so to speak.

#56 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 29 March 2009 - 05:34 PM

As a possibility to why the matron is looking for human followers.

The Imperial Warren Skykeeps are full of KCNR. Essentially they are coming for some reason and the civil war likeky never ended and went underground to avoid extinction as they were going extinct when Ruin arrived on WU. Now the reason for the civil war was that the KCNR wouldnt attach there power to there matron like the KCCM. Does this not suggest that the Matron in the rooted city/ex sky keep needs more back up. I dont think it abut the prwess of a mortal sword destriant as Brukhalian and Gruntle are good but not good enough to change te tide in a KC confilct. So therefore could the matron not be looking for humans to bond i.e. worship her so she has the power she once had. If the matron weve seen still had the power to stop the EG coming to Wu she wouldnt go looking for human worshippers

This post has been edited by tiam: 29 March 2009 - 05:35 PM

#57 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 29 March 2009 - 07:05 PM

The inert machinery within Ampelas Rooted interests me. What do KCCM need with machines? Is this Matron the first to try and build a KCCM skykeep? Has it taken her six thousand years to get this far (and she still can't finish the job)? I'm basing this on the "flagstones not yet installed" skein.

Or is she digging?
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#58 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 29 March 2009 - 08:05 PM

It would seem they use machines for many things.

The protagonist of the KCCM parts mention that the elevator regulates the temperatur, lowering the degree's, which calms the lizards when they lift off the ground, something about dulling the natural lizard instinct. Sort of proves that the KCCM are truly alien.

#59 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 29 March 2009 - 08:19 PM

Forgot how elitist this forum was

#60 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 29 March 2009 - 08:26 PM

Elitist? Us? Well I never...

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +