• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

KCCM Matron speculation Prologue Spoilers!!!!!!!!! Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 25 March 2009 - 08:34 PM

Have you read the Dust of Dreams Prologue?

No? Go now, GO, READ!! http://www.malazanempire.com/IPBforum/inde...showtopic=14645

If you've read it, and it was gooood, you have to ask yourself, who will be chosen by the Destriant?

Post your crazy ideas here.

My crazy theory is Icarium as either Mortal Sword/Shield Anvil.

Mappo as a Shield Anvil

I would nominate Brys but he's been chosen as MS of Emurhlan already.

It sounded to me like the hunting part will be going south so they won't be running into the Malazans. Well, maybe the Grey Helms, as Heborics vision seemed to suggest that the wolves stand in opposition of the KCCM.

EDIT: Title and sub-title edited for MAJOR prologue spoilers - bad Apt!

#2 User is offline   kcf 

• High Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 25 March 2009 - 08:37 PM

Teholl and Bugg

Of course I don't think they will be chosen and I'm not sure how an elder god would work in the role, but the thought makes me smile.

#3 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 25 March 2009 - 08:39 PM

one of those kids in the early part of the prologue.

teh poetry-making girl will be SA
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#4 User is offline   Urb 

• Emperor
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 25 March 2009 - 09:36 PM

Didn't one of them have a tail (or was that a metaphore she used in her poemtalk?)?
If so, I think that one. The one with a tail...

They're going to search in the south. What is there in the south?
The leader, his audience still,
considered their scholarly will.
He lowered his head
and with anguish he said,
"But how will we teach them to kill?"

-some poet on reddit

#5 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 25 March 2009 - 09:40 PM

I think there's another empire. Not the KCCM one.

It made me wonder by the way. The KCCMs fear a war comming, someone wanting to destroy them. I wonder if this is the Malazans or it's some other, possibly CG controlled, empire.

It would be interesting if it turns out that the KCCM aren't the bad guys in this story, but in fact the heroes, and humans are the evil ones.

But really 4-5 meter tall sword wielding lizards, holy crap this book is going to be awesome.

#6 User is offline   Urizen 

• First Sword

Posted 25 March 2009 - 09:54 PM

View PostAptorian, on Mar 25 2009, 10:40 PM, said:

I think there's another empire. Not the KCCM one.

It made me wonder by the way. The KCCMs fear a war comming, someone wanting to destroy them. I wonder if this is the Malazans or it's some other, possibly CG controlled, empire.

It would be interesting if it turns out that the KCCM aren't the bad guys in this story, but in fact the heroes, and humans are the evil ones.

But really 4-5 meter tall sword wielding lizards, holy crap this book is going to be awesome.

I also got the impression that the KCCM aren't more "bad guys" than any other race...

am I confused but wasn't children non human? with the fangs and tails etc. My first reaction was that they are Matronless KCCM's
" Ah, I despair, or I would if I cared enough. No, instead, I will make some ashcakes. Which I will not share."

#7 User is offline   kcf 

• High Fist

Posted 25 March 2009 - 10:21 PM

I'm pretty sure that the children are in-fact human children. There are references to mother and fathers and decidely human things. The mention of tails and such was poetic I believe.

My impression is that south will lead to the plains where these children are - Kolanse is west of that plain.

#8 User is offline   Urizen 

• First Sword

Posted 25 March 2009 - 10:48 PM

View Postkcf, on Mar 25 2009, 11:21 PM, said:

I'm pretty sure that the children are in-fact human children. There are references to mother and fathers and decidely human things. The mention of tails and such was poetic I believe.

My impression is that south will lead to the plains where these children are - Kolanse is west of that plain.

Where are Kolanse and the Elan Plain situated? east of the Bolkando?
I thought the children had made it to the Elan Plain..
" Ah, I despair, or I would if I cared enough. No, instead, I will make some ashcakes. Which I will not share."

#9 User is offline   Sinisdar Toste 

• Dead Serious
  • View gallery

Posted 25 March 2009 - 11:17 PM

we require a map!! (if anyones listening)

but i think it likely that the children will run into the k'chain party as it heads south
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

- Oscar Levant

#10 User is offline   kcf 

• High Fist

Posted 25 March 2009 - 11:19 PM

I got bored and decided to try and piece together the geography mentioned (I assume this will be a map included in the book).

Elan Plain I believe is south and to the east of the Wastelands and Kolanse is east and north of the Elan Plain. It is unclear if Kolanse and the Wastelands truly border one another, but I think they probably don't and that the Elan Plain is between the two.

The Stet forest seems to be south of the Elan Plain and to the west of the cities/states mentioned that are south of Elan Plain. Those cities/states are Korbanse, Krosis, and Kanros. South of them is the Pelesiar Sea and the Ilses of Otpelas. The city of Okan is loacted either in these city/states or in the southern portion of Kolanse.

It is unclear if Stet also borders the Pelesiar sea, but the Elan plain is to its north and northwest. When the KCCM assassin speaks of seaking to the south, it seems probable that it will be into the Stet region or another region not named yet.

Of course the Awl'dan is to the west/northwest of the Wastelands as shown in RG. Bolkando was never mentioned in the prologues, so I'm not sure how it lines up with these.

#11 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 25 March 2009 - 11:52 PM

I think that the war that is coming is the same war that the Matron fled from originally. The war with the Andii and Edur and the war with the short tails. We know from BH that there are several Moon spawns in the Imperial Warren filled with Short tails. We also know from Mappo and Icarium that the frozen Short tails have awakened. That should be fun. As two who will actually be filling the roles I think that it will be Rutt as Shield Anvil.
I don't that it is going to be Icarium who becomes the Mortal sword although I do think that is who was walking through the desert. I am wondering why Icarium is described as "A lone wanderer, who spoke in seven voices, who knew himself by seven names. He was many, but he was one." Did the faulty machine cause his mind to split into 7. If he became the Mortal Sword would the Matron be able to heal his mind.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#12 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:11 AM

I made a sererate thread on Icarium, but to make it brief, the machine malfucntioned (it seems) and seven human minds are now trapped inside Icarium. Taxillian and Rautos was among the people that the machine ate in the ending of RG.

Here the world map, kolanse is down in the right corner:

Posted Image

#13 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:14 AM

While Icarium's badassedness would lend strength to the argument that he would make a fantastic Mortal Sword, wouldn't the fact that he is currently inhabited by 8 souls (7 and his own) lend a bit of strength towards him possibly being a Shield-Anvil?
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#14 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:23 AM

Edited title for major spoilers. I mean, really now Apt!

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#15 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:25 AM

There was no spoilers there, I put "could" and "possible" in there. To the uninitiated it wasn't revealing anything it would just have looked like another crazy theory thread.

#16 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:33 AM

No, it was too blatant - especially as everyone knows the prologue has just been released. Two months down the track, either before or after, fine, put what you want - but with the prologue's release you gotta be careful.

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#17 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:35 AM

Surely whoever is chosen to be Mortal Sword etc for the KC would have to be a willing participant to start with?

Icarium and Mappo, for example would need some convincing.

Redmask was being set up, but he didn't know why they were following him; he was apparently completely in the dark about their motives, which is presumably why the Matron is now sending a human out to help recruit.

(Also, doesn't this new info prove once and for all that Redmask was killed because he failed, as he lost the battle?)

This post has been edited by Traveller: 26 March 2009 - 08:38 AM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#18 User is offline   Sindriss 

• Walker of Edges

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:44 AM

I like the idea of Mappo, but I don't think he would accept unless it was to save Icarium or something. Maybe he would accept to gain the insight to help him with the souls and stuff.

I would like to know if Steve have ever tasted anything like the quorl white milk, that knocked the bb's out.

A: Nope, but I gots me a good imagination.

#19 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:51 AM

View PostTraveller, on Mar 26 2009, 09:35 AM, said:

Surely whoever is chosen to be Mortal Sword etc for the KC would have to be a willing participant to start with?

Icarium and Mappo, for example would need some convincing.

Redmask was being set up, but he didn't know why they were following him; he was apparently completely in the dark about their motives, which is presumably why the Matron is now sending a human out to help recruit.

(Also, doesn't this new info prove once and for all that Redmask was killed because he failed, as he lost the battle?)

I agree with everything here.

#20 User is offline   Hetan 

• Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • View gallery
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 26 March 2009 - 09:29 AM

Willing participant? How many times have we seen people chosen for a role unwillingly? Heboric, Gruntle, Toc and now Kalyth, to name a few.
It seems to be the other way round - that it's rare for anyone to choose - they're just.... taken.
"He was not a modest man. Contemplating suicide, he summoned a dragon". (Gothos' Folly)- Gothos

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users