• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia 41 Spacecapades!

#81 User is offline   Silanah 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 06:24 PM

Given that everything we've seen so far takes 24 hours to recharge (votes, First Mate's ability), the Watersucker probably gets a kill every 24 hours or thereabouts. Might make it easier to whittle the numbers down, but it sounds kind of dangerous. I could see us having to get rid of it to win and not being told, or something like that. The game is supposed to be a mindfuck, after all.

#82 User is offline   Fener 

• Recruit

Posted 16 March 2009 - 06:26 PM

View PostSilanah, on Mar 16 2009, 05:38 PM, said:

Well I guess that leaves Rashan then? Or a lurker...I saw Fener about before but he didn't post anything.

Nope, not me.

And yeah, won't be around too much today, lots to do. Should have more time tommorow and later in the week though.

#83 User is offline   Tennes 

• Recruit

Posted 16 March 2009 - 06:26 PM

you don't think what we have's mindfuck enough by standard mafia conventions?, lol

besides, I still expect to get a lovely mod announcement about half the way through where something happens to cut down our oxygen drastically.

EDIT:
Mods, how long before we can expect the resolution of the silent voter/modkill situation?

This post has been edited by Tennes: 16 March 2009 - 06:27 PM

#84 User is offline   Anomandaris 

• Recruit

Posted 16 March 2009 - 06:27 PM

View PostSilanah, on Mar 16 2009, 02:24 PM, said:

Given that everything we've seen so far takes 24 hours to recharge (votes, First Mate's ability), the Watersucker probably gets a kill every 24 hours or thereabouts. Might make it easier to whittle the numbers down, but it sounds kind of dangerous. I could see us having to get rid of it to win and not being told, or something like that. The game is supposed to be a mindfuck, after all.

yeah, the watersucker doesn't exactly sound like he's our ally. Useful, sure - but probably someone with his own agenda.

#85 User is offline   Silanah 

• Recruit

Posted 16 March 2009 - 06:29 PM

View PostTennes, on Mar 16 2009, 06:26 PM, said:

you don't think what we have's mindfuck enough by standard mafia conventions?, lol

besides, I still expect to get a lovely mod announcement about half the way through where something happens to cut down our oxygen drastically.

You see that plus on the end of the TMDI 10+? That means no upper limit to the mindfucks, as far as I'm concerned. I expect them to rain down thick and fast, eventually drowning us in a sea of incomprehension.

EDIT: Cross with Ano.

This post has been edited by Silanah: 16 March 2009 - 06:29 PM

#86 User is offline   Silanah 

• Recruit

Posted 16 March 2009 - 06:30 PM

Back in 20, I have shopping to do.

#87 User is offline   Serc 

• Recruit

Posted 16 March 2009 - 06:32 PM

Right I'm here. Apologies in advance if anything I say doubleposts, my internet has been giving me problems all day.

My thoughts. From what I understand, when we place a vote on someone, it stays on that person forever. 24 hours later we get to place another vote. When someone has however many votes are needed on them that day, they die. This leads to a couple of interesting mechanics. To get the number of people down low enough to have enough oxygen (I can see where the 10 thing is coming from) we'll have to vote as closely to every 24 hours as we can. However, there will also need to be some coordination between the votes, otherwise it will take too long for any one person to kill any other. This also leads to a VERY tricky endgame, since when (if) the number of votes required drops low enough, people with one or two votes from the early game are suddenly very likely to die. It's even possible that someone picks up say 10 votes early game and then dies when there are 10 people left.

If what Mockra says is true, then the information he can pass on will be invaluable. Seems incredibly convenient, but it's also more than likely he realised straight away how powerful his role was and decided to reveal straight away.

Since HP's death resulted in the loss of 2 oxygen units instead of 1/20th of the oxygen he was daykilled and not modkilled. So either someone who was around at the time or a lurker offed him. What do you guys think the chances are of someone having multiple day-vigs? In a normal game I would think it's unlikely, but this is TMDI 10. Someone with a power like that would either be a very powerful ally, or someone who could quite easily screw with any plans being made on thread.

Edit - huge crosspost and looking back I see it's still 20 votes to kill so nvm my last bit about the endgame. Although having 15+ votes near the end of the game will make someone a pretty huge target.

This post has been edited by Serc: 16 March 2009 - 06:36 PM

#88 User is offline   Anomandaris 

• Recruit

Posted 16 March 2009 - 06:34 PM

Aye Serc, and I expect nothing good of that person, to be honest. it sounds way too alien - and I think the speed of the kill, this early in the day, means the person wants to use it as often as possible.

#89 User is offline   Tennes 

• Recruit

Posted 16 March 2009 - 06:37 PM

since there's no day/night in the classical sense, I assume the person may have multiple kills.

some people have expressed their distrust of that person, right now I see him as useful, since it's mathematically impossible for us to pull off 10 lynches in 168 hours.

#90 User is offline   Serc 

• Recruit

Posted 16 March 2009 - 06:43 PM

View PostAnomandaris, on Mar 16 2009, 09:34 PM, said:

Aye Serc, and I expect nothing good of that person, to be honest. it sounds way too alien - and I think the speed of the kill, this early in the day, means the person wants to use it as often as possible.

Rashan
Ano
Sil
Kas
Tennes

These are the people who were around before HP died. Watersucker could be one of them, but if someone wanted to use it as often as possible, I doubt they would have waited. Is suspect whoever it was would have seen his pm, checked the thread to see who was playing, sent in the kill then waited a while to post. The next people to log in are Kesso and Mockra, followed by Fener and myself quite a bit later. What intrigues me is that someone said they saw Fener ealier but he didnt post, which sortof follows the pattern I would expect. What do you guys think? Fener - what do you have to say for yourself?

#91 User is offline   Anomandaris 

• Recruit

Posted 16 March 2009 - 06:43 PM

View PostTennes, on Mar 16 2009, 02:37 PM, said:

since there's no day/night in the classical sense, I assume the person may have multiple kills.

some people have expressed their distrust of that person, right now I see him as useful, since it's mathematically impossible for us to pull off 10 lynches in 168 hours.

Yeah.

Well, time to do like Mockra and maybe do my part to solve the situation a bit more on day 1.

I'm the Hibernation Officer.

I can put someone other than me in hibernation for 12 hours, once every 24 hours.
The good news: he uses no oxygen during that period. He cannot be killed either (now you know why I distrust the water sucker - seems I'm a healer + oxygen saver).
The bad news: the person in the pod can still be lynched, in which case I lose my cool ability as the pod is ejected from the ship.

Now, I've been quite obsessed with the voting procedure also because this means I have to time hybernating someone with making sure he does not lose valuable voting time or cooldown on abilities. More, I want to use this ability as often as possible, so right now, I want to use it early in the day.

#92 User is offline   Tennes 

• Recruit

Posted 16 March 2009 - 06:45 PM

well if we're starting to reveal this early...

I notice i'm already getting to be top poster, so for anyone out there with "spammer-killer" powers, you really don't want to kill me, despite my post count.
I'll reveal, because I sure as hell don't want to be taken out by a dumb vig.

I'm the ship's captain.
my power's identical to Mockra's but (more importantly) my vote counts double. so i'll be really helpful in getting the magic number 20.

#93 User is offline   Anomandaris 

• Recruit

Posted 16 March 2009 - 06:47 PM

We've had no spam at all so far... this message probably comes closest :p

#94 User is offline   Tennes 

• Recruit

Posted 16 March 2009 - 06:49 PM

yes, but you know there are people that open the thread, see that it's over 3 pages and go "damn spammers!"

and if such a person had a vig for top posters, they'd just open the post counts and pick...

ETA: also I can see why Obdi wants extra help... if there's a lot of roles, keeping track of everyone's action and voting cooldown times must be a major hassle....

This post has been edited by Tennes: 16 March 2009 - 06:51 PM

#95 User is offline   Serc 

• Recruit

Posted 16 March 2009 - 06:50 PM

View PostTennes, on Mar 16 2009, 09:37 PM, said:

The thing is, since he has a role that would make our winning conditions that much more achievable, I'm pretty sure he has one of his own. Does that make sense?

#96 User is offline   Anomandaris 

• Recruit

Posted 16 March 2009 - 06:50 PM

View PostSerc, on Mar 16 2009, 02:50 PM, said:

View PostTennes, on Mar 16 2009, 09:37 PM, said:

The thing is, since he has a role that would make our winning conditions that much more achievable, I'm pretty sure he has one of his own. Does that make sense?

It does.

#97 User is offline   Tennes 

• Recruit

Posted 16 March 2009 - 06:52 PM

well, let's hope there's a finder for this sexual predator....

#98 User is offline   Emurlahn 

• Recruit

Posted 16 March 2009 - 06:57 PM

Hey, just signed on. This looks to be a grade A mindfuck; I'm not surprised. From what I've read through the thread so far, it seems the water-sucker here is our useful for the time being. As others have already explained, we aren't going to kill people fast enough without vigs and similar mechanics, so it's ideal to use every ability at our disposal as often as possible.

As such, I'm considering using my vote immediately.

#99 User is offline   Serc 

• Recruit

Posted 16 March 2009 - 06:57 PM

View PostAnomandaris, on Mar 16 2009, 09:43 PM, said:

Yeah.

Well, time to do like Mockra and maybe do my part to solve the situation a bit more on day 1.

I can put someone other than me in hibernation for 12 hours, once every 24 hours.
The good news: he uses no oxygen during that period. He cannot be killed either (now you know why I distrust the water sucker - seems I'm a healer + oxygen saver).
The bad news: the person in the pod can still be lynched, in which case I lose my cool ability as the pod is ejected from the ship.

Now, I've been quite obsessed with the voting procedure also because this means I have to time hybernating someone with making sure he does not lose valuable voting time or cooldown on abilities. More, I want to use this ability as often as possible, so right now, I want to use it early in the day.

I would think that someone with a low votecount would be a good target. If the watersucker is playing on his own, he'll go after people that would be harder to lynch. Can that person still talk, or are they basically silenced? If so, I would suggest someone who has just voted and is just about to go to bed. (Since they wouldnt be playing anyway) And definitely use it as often as possible, the more oxygen we have the better.

Since Mockra and Tennes have claimed the same ability, I would suggest they alternate giving us the info (if they're allowed to) that way they can verify each other's reveals...

Also, I'm battling a little with my crappy-ass internet at the moment. Takes me a couple of min to type up a post, then a couple more while I wait for my connection to stop timing out so I can post the damn thing. Crappy cellphone internet :p

#100 User is offline   Anomandaris 

• Recruit

Posted 16 March 2009 - 07:05 PM

View PostSerc, on Mar 16 2009, 02:57 PM, said:

View PostAnomandaris, on Mar 16 2009, 09:43 PM, said:

Yeah.

I would think that someone with a low votecount would be a good target. If the watersucker is playing on his own, he'll go after people that would be harder to lynch. Can that person still talk, or are they basically silenced? If so, I would suggest someone who has just voted and is just about to go to bed. (Since they wouldnt be playing anyway) And definitely use it as often as possible, the more oxygen we have the better.

Since Mockra and Tennes have claimed the same ability, I would suggest they alternate giving us the info (if they're allowed to) that way they can verify each other's reveals...

Also, I'm battling a little with my crappy-ass internet at the moment. Takes me a couple of min to type up a post, then a couple more while I wait for my connection to stop timing out so I can post the damn thing. Crappy cellphone internet :p

yeah. that's basically the strategy I want to go for. Might be a good way to keep our captain safe, too, that double vote is NICE.
As far as I am aware, they can talk, just do nothing special. If they couldn't talk, I wouldn't have revealed as this is a nice role that's good for keeping roles around in case we need protection. Since they can, with some luck, my targets will be able to play on without anyone noticing they're hibernating.

Share this topic:

• 51 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users