Malazan Empire: The Call of Duty Series - Malazan Empire

• 33 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Call of Duty Series Bang bang bang BOOOOM! bang bang RATATATA!!!, etc.

#41 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 12 March 2009 - 09:03 AM

I've noticed some players have dogtags next to their officer level. What are they?

#42 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 12 March 2009 - 01:11 PM

View PostAptorian, on Mar 12 2009, 04:03 AM, said:

I've noticed some players have dogtags next to their officer level. What are they?

That means they are dead when you bring that screen up or when the game ended.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#43 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 12 March 2009 - 09:16 PM

Ahh, ok. And what if there's this greenish socket looking symbols.

#44 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 16 March 2009 - 11:55 AM

I always figured that meant the host.

I wish my connection was fast enough to host games. Pisses me off when you get a string of "server disconnected" or "host ended game" in a row.

Maybe its more common on the PS3 network but I find it happens too often for its own good.

This is why I wish you could pick servers like in Warhawk. They have official sony servers that you know will never go down so some pussy kid who's getting his ass kicked doesn't end the game he's hosting every time he gets shot or doesn't like the map.

This post has been edited by cerveza_fiesta: 16 March 2009 - 11:55 AM

........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#45 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 16 March 2009 - 01:42 PM

Hmm. That sounds like a console problem. I haven't experienced that yet in a pc game. Most of the servers seem to be hosted by clans aswell, and I'm guessing they have a computer turned on 24 hours a day.

#46 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 16 March 2009 - 06:35 PM

afaik the ps3 servers are all just somebody's ps3...and the ability to host comes from having a kickass connection. That was the last I heard about it after checking forums on the subject. Figured it was true since the internet said so.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#47 User is offline   Assail 

• Destriant of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 28 March 2009 - 10:57 PM

View PostAptorian, on Mar 2 2009, 12:04 PM, said:

So I just discovered Call of Duty 4s online feature.

Yes, yes, old game is old, get with the programme, etc. but I just bought the game cheap and my god this is a fun waste of time.

I am at best a mediochre gamer, so I get my ass kicked 2 times out of 3, but man this is great.

I don't know if anyone else thought of it before the developers of CoD but the whole achievement system is a devious method of making sure I just have to take one more round, just another 100 exp, just the last couple of headshots to unlock the next level, etc.

Anyone else played CoD 5 yet? I've heard it's nothing great but there's some improvement on the multiplyer. New levels if nothing else.

I love CoD4. WaW has some great improvements for online, but the problem is that the CoD franchise has been based on WW2-like games. I'm in love with modern warfare. I'd say I'm above average myself, it's damn addictive and fun. I'll have to look you up and find you and teach you how it's really done Apt ;D

Edit: Unless you play PC? I didn't read this whole thread, so feel free to correct me. If it's PC, I guess my lessons will never occur :ball:

This post has been edited by Assail: 28 March 2009 - 10:58 PM

I still heart Goodkind.

#48 User is offline   Stalker 

• House Knight

Posted 28 March 2009 - 11:02 PM

it is PC, Apt loves his PC.

#49 User is offline   Assail 

Posted 28 March 2009 - 11:28 PM

View PostStalker, on Mar 28 2009, 04:02 PM, said:

Damn! Here I was hoping to gain extra status here by beating him. Haha just kidding :ball:

What kind of PC do you have Apt? (Or anyone else able to answer for that matter)

This post has been edited by Assail: 28 March 2009 - 11:28 PM

I still heart Goodkind.

#50 User is online   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 28 March 2009 - 11:32 PM

Toshiba laptop

upgraded to 1.5 gig RAM, 80 gigs hard drive, 128 mb Video.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#51 User is offline   Sixty 

• Don't be fooled. I am very serious.

Posted 29 March 2009 - 12:35 AM

Hmm what's the price of CoD4 these days anyway? Might buy it to play some of you guys. :D
Shouldn't be too hard to pick up.

#52 User is offline   Stalker 

• House Knight

Posted 29 March 2009 - 12:37 AM

As one of the major hits of 360 and all, the price hasn't dropped much.

When your game is 2 years old and is still one of the most played games on live, it doesn't make financial sense to drop price more. So its like $40+

#53 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 29 March 2009 - 06:54 AM

View PostAssail, on Mar 29 2009, 01:28 AM, said:

Damn! Here I was hoping to gain extra status here by beating him. Haha just kidding :D

What kind of PC do you have Apt? (Or anyone else able to answer for that matter)

2 point something something dual core athlon 64 bit processor (I hate the 64 processors!), 4 gb RAM, 512 mb radeon graphics card (that can borrow up to 1000mb), etc. etc.

#54 User is offline   Assail 

Posted 29 March 2009 - 07:25 AM

View PostAptorian, on Mar 28 2009, 11:54 PM, said:

View PostAssail, on Mar 29 2009, 01:28 AM, said:

Damn! Here I was hoping to gain extra status here by beating him. Haha just kidding :D

2 point something something dual core athlon 64 bit processor (I hate the 64 processors!), 4 gb RAM, 512 mb radeon graphics card (that can borrow up to 1000mb), etc. etc.

Not bad at all. WHERE DA QUAD CORE AT HOMIE?! :D
I still heart Goodkind.

#55 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 15 June 2009 - 04:45 PM

So I've taken to playing the shit out of this game lately. So. Much. Fun. Because:

I took the step of hard-wiring my PS3 to the router with a network cable to up my connection speed (wireless sucks ass even from 2 feet away) and WOW.

Having a fast connection seriously makes ALL the difference.

Ever been playing, unload a full clip from the G-36C into somebody's face only to have him turn around completely unharmed and blow you to pieces shooting from the hip with a sniper rifle? Then you're all like "WTF I FUCKING UNLOADED A CLIP INTO HIS PIECE OF SHIT FACE AND HE FUCKING KILLS ME WITH A SNIPER RIFLE SHOOTING FROM THE FUCKING HIP!?!?!?!? FFFFFFFFFFUFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!"

Then just to make you extra mad you see the kill cam where he comes up beside you, fires a sniper rifle into YOUR head while you're looking completely sideways and not a single bullet of yours hits him? And then you're all like..... (see above)again?

Its because your connection sucks more often than not. The ever-present LAG. The PS3 shows the little connection strength bars like a cellphone. Dunno about PC and Xbox, I'm guessing something similar. Before I was playing on 2 of 4 bars. With the hard-wire I play at 3 or 4 bars all the time. My kills have gone from max. 5 in a match to 10-15 most of the time. Not that my skills improved that much (I know I still suck) but man. Its fun to know that its not entirely my suckiness that was holding me back.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#56 User is offline   Stalker 

• House Knight

Posted 15 June 2009 - 09:27 PM

Yeah, running the wire from the router straight into the console is so much better than wireless connection wise. I always run it wired because having lag drops my skills, and I need to rack up those kills lol.

I find there is rarely lag on Live playing that way, though it does depend on the game (like more lag usually in Gears than CoD).

I've started to get bored of this now, just can't wait for MW2. I was debating about getting the new CoD:WaW Nazi Zombies but it is $10 for 4 maps (1 zombies and 3 online) but I hate the multiplayer on that game so it is basically $10 for 1 map. Not sure yet.

#57 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 15 June 2009 - 09:30 PM

Yea I get 3-4 bars... sometimes 2 when the host is in england, but they are english so I beat them anyways ;P

Seriously, I quit playing for a while but am back into it and enjoying it.

Looking forward to MW:2 because WaW just didn't do it for me. The single player was fun but the multiplayer was just too easy. My assumption is that all the casual/baddies went from 4 to 5 when it changed, so everyone you play against on 4 isn't terrible.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#58 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 15 June 2009 - 09:35 PM

Funny you mention the lag.

I purchased World at War recently but the lag was so bad that I just couldn't get in to it.

The strange thing was that it was the same in single player. I'm guessing it has something to do with it being a steam game, but I haven't had time or the inclination to tamper with the settings to fix it.

#59 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 16 June 2009 - 11:36 AM

My buddy is a massive COD head and has played WaW and COD4 absolutely to pieces. His reviews of the multiplayer on WaW just sounded shitty. Like they opened up all the maps, made them so balanced that they seemed contrived and he also had complaints about the lag and the gayness of the tanks and dogs.

I just really hope that they get rid of martyrdom in COD6. Please fucking GOD let them ditch martyrdom. Its the lamest and cheapest kill in the game and nobody likes it except wankers.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#60 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 16 June 2009 - 11:58 AM

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on Jun 16 2009, 01:36 PM, said:

I just really hope that they get rid of martyrdom in COD6. Please fucking GOD let them ditch martyrdom. Its the lamest and cheapest kill in the game and nobody likes it except wankers.

When ever the martyrdom discussion began on a server there was always someone who argued that they'd switch off martyrdom when "that guy" stopped camping the spawn sites. I understand that opinion, spawn killers reaaally suck.

Of course, when ever I get in those situations I just hold the middle button every time I respawn, so that if there is a spawn killer right behind me, he still gets the improvised martyrdom.

Share this topic:

• 33 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users