Malazan Empire: The Call of Duty Series - Malazan Empire

• 33 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Call of Duty Series Bang bang bang BOOOOM! bang bang RATATATA!!!, etc.

#221 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 18 November 2009 - 11:11 PM

Are you console folks sure that's MW2/CoD.

I'm not positive, but I do remember that in your default controller setup for your profile, there is the option to switch auto aiming on and off. Now, that was before the dashboard reshuffle (Xbox), so I'm not sure where it is now, but it certainly used to be there.

I know, because I used to have to turn it off whenever I played as a random account on someone else's 'box, because it used to allow me to make better use of my l337 sniping skills in Halo 2. :w00t:

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#222 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 19 November 2009 - 03:59 PM

Currently having fun dropping Javelins on people's head to start maps (like Quarry). They claim it is blind fire, I claim it is skill, to know where they are going and having time to lock on, shoot, then move away before the javelin comes down and kills them.

Most of the skill imbalances in the game are to knowing where people are and where they are going to be, since they made most of the weapons nearly equal with their 'kill power' if you will.

67 and counting. Hopefully going to get a full domination team going tonight so we can level up hard and fast. Doubt I will prestige, I _might_ hit 70, we will see what happens.

Friend hit 70 while we were playing last night, said the ak-47 sucks for hip-fire, even with steady aim, but it has the same laser-beam quality from MW1 when you are looking down the sights.
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#223 User is offline   Jusentantaka 

• Emperor
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 19 November 2009 - 08:17 PM

View PostPath-Shaper, on 19 November 2009 - 03:59 PM, said:

Currently having fun dropping Javelins on people's head to start maps (like Quarry). They claim it is blind fire, I claim it is skill, to know where they are going and having time to lock on, shoot, then move away before the javelin comes down and kills them.

Heh. Javelin fights are lots of fun. Was doing that with like 2-3 others/same on other team on Wasteland last night. Then some dick had to ruin our fun by getting an AC130. Not much skill involved, but until they put mortars in as a call-in, its the best people get for stupid mass-slaughter and whinging.

#224 User is offline   Silencer 

Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 19 November 2009 - 11:22 PM

It actually makes me happy to hear about the relatively similar kill power. I take it then that the main differences are in rate of fire, penetration, and range?

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#225 User is offline   Jusentantaka 

• Emperor

Posted 19 November 2009 - 11:32 PM

View PostSilencer, on 19 November 2009 - 11:22 PM, said:

It actually makes me happy to hear about the relatively similar kill power. I take it then that the main differences are in rate of fire, penetration, and range?

not much difference in penetration though. not noticable anyway. with FMJs, even machine pistol bullets seem to punch through any number of walls. Without, none of the weapons I've used do much damage through anything tougher than sheet metal.

#226 User is offline   Grief 

• Prophet of High House Mafia

Posted 19 November 2009 - 11:45 PM

View PostSilencer, on 19 November 2009 - 11:22 PM, said:

Lack of recoil on lots of the guns(and the fact that people die quicker) means that most guns range seems pretty irrelevant, just depends on the scope in a lot of cases(whether or not you can see them being the issue, not whether or not your gun has the range).

As Jusen says, penetration doesn't seem to be noteiceably different.

Rate of fire varies, but this doesn't makie much odds to the guns feel I find(low recoil means to me it makes less difference). So faster guns do same damage as slower(as slower are more powerful) and so seem not that neccessary, since they kill same speed as fast ones, but use up more ammo in the process.

Cougar said:

Grief, FFS will you do something with your sig, it's bloody awful

worry said:

Grief is right (until we abolish capitalism).

#227 User is offline   Jusentantaka 

• Emperor

Posted 20 November 2009 - 12:49 AM

Cackle cackle cackle

I just Karsa Orlong'd someone.

I was fuckin around with a tac knife and commando did the bitchin leap attack onto a guy on top of a crate. RIGHT INTO HIS FACE.

and yes, yes I did.

#228 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 20 November 2009 - 01:03 PM

graah. You are all making me envious.

Didn't have time to settle down for any good MP sessions this week.

Gladly, my buddy is buying a pair of new Paradigm Monitor 9s (if you're not familiar....they are fucking sweet speakers) and a huge amp to power them. We will be rocking some heavy COD tonight to break them in.

These speakers rule so hard you don't even need a sub...in fact when they are cranked up, they overpower the subwoofer completely.

Screw subs anyway.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#229 User is offline   lokiman 

• ...Is afraid

Posted 24 November 2009 - 08:15 AM

Got the game Friday night, it is teh awesom!
Remember, God lets good looking people into Heaven. That said, you're one ugly Bastard.

#230 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 24 November 2009 - 01:38 PM

Oooooooooh COD.

The wifey is out of town until friday as of tonight. COD will be played until the effing disc wears out.

Has anybody heard any rumors of what the DLC is going to be like for MW2? Are they doing zombies again? I really really hope so. That was far and away the funnest part of COD5. Only to be made funner by COD6
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#231 User is offline   Stalker 

• Soletaken
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 25 November 2009 - 01:02 AM

Well originally IW said that zombies would not happen, so I think they will stick to that. I'd love to see zombies too though.
My DLC bet is extra maps for MP, of course, and I'd expect some new Spec Ops levels to be involved.

#232 User is offline   lokiman 

• ...Is afraid

Posted 25 November 2009 - 02:56 AM

Hope there are going to be new maps.
Anyways, you guys good at MP, or are you bad like me?
Remember, God lets good looking people into Heaven. That said, you're one ugly Bastard.

#233 User is offline   Jusentantaka 

• Emperor

Posted 25 November 2009 - 04:30 AM

View Postlokiman, on 25 November 2009 - 02:56 AM, said:

Hope there are going to be new maps.
Anyways, you guys good at MP, or are you bad like me?

When I play serious, I usually go something like 4 or 5 - 1 overall. Running around with a knife, cursing in five languages into the headset while I charge the other team usually ends up about even, depending on the map. Don't even set up bad ass killstreaks anymore, just UAV, crate, pred. Taking an AC130 or chopper is just too damned cheap, since 90% of the time the other team doesn't even make an attempt at shooting you down.

Don't really imagine I'll be playing this too much more, since learning the maps and having pro for all the worthwhile perks and all the weapons saps the will to keep going.

If they do make more maps, and they dont suck like the CoD 4 DLC maps did, i'll probably come back to it though.

#234 User is offline   Adjutant Stormy~ 

• Captain, Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 25 November 2009 - 07:38 PM

I love the Call of Duty series, but I hate MP CoD. There's simply no attempt to balance multiplayer gameplay. Kill streaks yield tactical aid that pretty much just screws the other team more. It's a positive feedback loop of domination.
<!--quoteo(post=462161:date=Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM:name=Aptorian)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Aptorian @ Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=462161"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God damn. Mighty drunk. Must ... what is the english movement movement movement for drunk... with out you seemimg drunk?

bla bla bla

Peopleare harrasing me... grrrrrh.

Also people with big noses aren't jews, they're just french

EDIT: We has editted so mucj that5 we're not quite sure... also, leave britney alone.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#235 User is offline   Jusentantaka 

• Emperor

Posted 25 November 2009 - 08:12 PM

View PostAdjutant Stormy, on 25 November 2009 - 07:38 PM, said:

I love the Call of Duty series, but I hate MP CoD. There's simply no attempt to balance multiplayer gameplay. Kill streaks yield tactical aid that pretty much just screws the other team more. It's a positive feedback loop of domination.

IF your team works together, shooting down an AC 130 or a chopper is cake, and cold blooded hides you from hellfire missiles, and if your teammates aren't dick riding the blast radius isn't big enough to get more than one person anyway.

I think my Ifs aren't big enough.

This post has been edited by Jusentantaka: 25 November 2009 - 08:14 PM

#236 User is offline   Silencer 

Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 26 November 2009 - 07:32 AM

Hehe.

Rented this today. Spec Ops with a friend on split screen is awesome.
SP is good so far...nothing spectacular, and the missions do feel really short, considering I'm playing on Veteran. :S
I mean, before I played it, I didn't consider the five hour campaign an issue - that's not too bad, given you have to fit a story together, and not draw things out. But if I'd realised how short each *mission* was, I might have bitched more. It just feels like in-out-done, repeat. :o

And I'm not even gonna comment or try MP until I can get some friends and a system link. Sensitivity jolt from PC is still very high...it's just so much less smooth. Then again, considering I can frigging snipe people no-scope, or get head shots with no breath holding on occasion...ugh.

Heartbeat sensor is a bit useless - too short a range, imo. And almost makes you over-cautious, because you get way more concerned about where enemies *might* be popping up from than where they actually are.

Thermal scope is cool and all, but I've only got to use it on the damned EBR, which is a stupid excuse for a marksman weapon. And it only makes much of a difference if you're playing in dense cover or smoke - rest of the time I can pop the bastards easier with my un-thermal'd Intervention. Plus it doesn't offer much, if any, object penetration, which means it gives you little overall gain past a standard scope.

Weapons are good almost all around - akimbo is just such a waste it's not even funny. The lack of bolt-action rifles is also disappointing. Much as I love my .50cal, it wasn't the best sniper last time around. This time it certainly feels like that. Ah well.

Anyway, got it until Saturday, so will keep you all posted on my experiences. :p

(So far, I'm aiming to get through the campaign so I can get back to ACII and finish that...>.>)

Shinrei said:

#237 User is offline   Aleksandrov 

• Cold War Warrior

Posted 26 November 2009 - 09:24 AM

ACOG/Sniper seems to have a lot less sway it's true, or that your TV is too small, Silencer. But in CoD4 you needed to hold breath of you can't pull of any shots, let alone headshots like you can on console. I've never played original on console so I don't know if it's a change but it feels really weird. Oh yeah, no lean.
ACOG/Sniper scope in takes a bit longer time and cover less screen size too now I realise.
Enemies in Spec Ops with Veteran are a bit tougher but nothing we couldn't handle. Akimbo'ing wasn't that great... I admit that on console I'm generally a weaker player so my aim is dreadful.
Weapon variety seems a lot more diverse than the first round, haven't had too much time to try it out. Only did Spec Ops with Silencer to see roughly half the available weapons.

Price already dropped from $118 to $98-ish... Waiting for that miraculous and hopefully inevitable 20$ Xmas drop for me to snag it at around $80. Until then, will have to suffice playing with friends rather than online on the consoles. When I do we should get together for some Malazan/Modcraft steam group gaming going on, if there isn't already one or if any one owns it on PC.
War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.
Decimation, Propagation, Assimilation, Unification

#238 User is offline   Silencer 

Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 26 November 2009 - 09:34 AM

Hahahaah. TV too small. You make me lol. :o

The scope size is just because we're splitting the screen. XD

Shinrei said:

#239 User is offline   Jusentantaka 

• Emperor

Posted 26 November 2009 - 04:53 PM

View PostAleksandrov, on 26 November 2009 - 09:24 AM, said:

ACOG/Sniper scope in takes a bit longer time and cover less screen size too now I realise.

also a wimpier magnification - makes it almost useless.

My brother says he's going to bring his 360 today, so thanksgiving shall end with screaming and food fights and much nerd rage. Its gonna be awesome :o

#240 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 26 November 2009 - 05:06 PM

had some good rounds last night on MP. I'm getting the hang of it much much quicker than I did on COD4. Maybe just cause I got COD4 late in the game and was a total noob to the maps while everybody else knew them well. Maybe just my COD4 experience makes me a bit better at this one...dunno.

I am still continually baffled by the bastards that can snipe me from across the map with no scope. It doesn't make sense that they can see me...they must have like 50" TVs to be able to distinguish the small collection of pixels representing my character from the background. When I look at killcams from those hits I'm like "wtf...I look like a goddamn fruit fly to that guy"

I like the huge amount of flying debris in COD6 too. Has me shooting at nothing all the time...especially in Favela map. Garbage bags look a lot like enemies when they fly right in your face.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

Share this topic:

• 33 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic