Malazan Empire: The Call of Duty Series - Malazan Empire

• 33 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Call of Duty Series Bang bang bang BOOOOM! bang bang RATATATA!!!, etc.

#181 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 12 November 2009 - 05:33 AM

There is an Xbox-specific keyboard, however it's geared almost entirely towards typing, if I'm not mistaken. I'd try Google, but I'm quite confident that you can't use a mouse and keyboard to game on a 360...it's one of the reasons Console vs PC gaming will never work - 5000+dpi mice are way better at headshots than a thumbstick. ;)

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#182 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 12 November 2009 - 10:23 AM

Console players do not get mouse and keyboard controls, they only get the analogue stick of shame.

#183 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 12 November 2009 - 02:46 PM

View PostStalker, on 12 November 2009 - 04:06 AM, said:

hell yeah.

I have killstreak awards at
5-predator missle
7-attack chopper
9-pave low chopper

So basically once I get the missle, I get the chopper and two kills later the best chopper. It literally gets 7-10 kills per life, if not more.
AC-130 is cool but you die after you are done piloting it (according to my friend who has done it) and death is bad.

You only die after piloting it if you get killed while sitting at the laptop. Your friend is wrong.

I currently run
3-UAV
5-pred
7-Harrier

Harrier is awesome, it is an airstrike, then you get a hovering harrier that mows people down.

Riot Shield is cool, especially when you have a friend with you. We did a Phalanx yesterday. 4 Riot Shields and 2 Gunners in the middle. A Riot Shield and a Gunner defending or taking domination points is amazing.

The Third Sniper Rifle (WA-2000?) is amazing. As are Thermal scopes. There aren't any 'sniping' maps anymore.I have noticed that bads are camping a lot, and it makes me mad when a kid with a Famas hides in a corner all map, that is one of the reasons I quit playing WaW.

Unlocked hte M16a4 - looks more awesome, feels the same.

Worst map is easily Quarry. So many places for campers to just lay on the top of blocks and shoot. Maybe alll the campers went to WaW, because 4 was pretty camp-free.

Best Assault Guns so far are easily the Tar and the M16a4, although the Famas is the same as the M16a4, it just looks different. I haven't really played much Gears, but I was fooling around int he 3rd person last night, shotgunning is increadibly fun. The third shotgun (semi-auto) is amazing btw.

My Classes are currently:
.50cal w/thermal
scav pro
cold blooded
ninja

WA2000 w/thermal
scav pro
stopping power
steady aim

m16a4 w/holographic
scav pro
stopping power
steady aim

P90 w/akimbo
scav pro
stopping power
scrambler

TAR w/holographic
scav pro
stopping power
steady aim

I have scav, stopping, and steady aim all pro.

This post has been edited by Obdigore: 12 November 2009 - 02:54 PM

Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#184 User is offline   Stalker 

• Soletaken

Posted 12 November 2009 - 04:18 PM

I'd agree that largely there aren't sniping maps- though I have found two that are. There is one level in a trainyard that is wintery and is massive and that is great for sniping, as well as one more (but I don't know any of the map names yet).

Hated Quarry too. After playing it once, it may become my insta-skip. Though I am always pissed when I die because I'm unfamiliar with the map. I started off playing HQ and the combo of not knowing the map and rushing to a location got me killed too much. So now I am doing some deathmatch and rocking kids.

I saw that on the first day the game sold 4.7 million copies (on all platforms I think) so campers have definately come over, and it is not cool.

@Obdi- cool then, AC-130 is even better than I thought it was earlier. Though to be honest, unless you are well hidden with a team guarding the area (or cold-blooded) I'd imagine people dying frequently.

#185 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 12 November 2009 - 04:48 PM

Yup the snow map is possible, as is wasteland (the huge grass map with the underground cross in the middle).

I love thermal on wasteland, and I like it on the snow map, but it is hard since everything is white.

My Favorite map right now is the Brazil Shanty Town, or the Airport. I hate me Rundown as well (the one with 3 bridges over a stream in the middle) talk about camping.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#186 User is offline   Stalker 

• Soletaken

Posted 12 November 2009 - 06:16 PM

ok, yup Wasteland was the other one I was thinking of.
Favorite maps are the airport and the submarine base right now.
I just unlocked some thermal sights and will use them later today.

Been using thermal in Spec Ops and it is awesome.
Got to Echo Ops last night, haven't got to try them yet but it will suck on Veteran to get the 3 stars there.
The things they want sound to accomplish sound so absurd, near suicide on veteran.

This post has been edited by Stalker: 12 November 2009 - 06:17 PM

#187 User is offline   Silencer 

Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 12 November 2009 - 08:52 PM

Argh, probably going to end up getting this on Xbox...they fucked over the PC, though, so I'm waiting for as long as possible before actually getting it.

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#188 User is offline   drinksinbars 

• Soletaken

Posted 13 November 2009 - 09:25 AM

finally got around to playing yesterday, was awesome. and special ops is great, especially evasion.

#189 User is offline   Grief 

• Prophet of High House Mafia

Posted 13 November 2009 - 10:50 AM

Aww, my single player is buggered.

3rd last level(enemy of my enemy) can't be passed-on veteran, when the heli shoots the missile near you, instead of hurting you(like it should) it just kills me.

Irritating. Checked internet and i've seen a few other with the problem, so hopefully it'll be patched soon.

Cougar said:

Grief, FFS will you do something with your sig, it's bloody awful

worry said:

Grief is right (until we abolish capitalism).

#190 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 13 November 2009 - 01:07 PM

Yeah

SP is pretty fun so far but ungodly short. One evening of play and I'm already halfway through. Man...would really like if they put a bit more into the SP missions on these games.

RE mouse and keyboard for consoles...the problem is that very very few games support mouse and keyboard. Lacking the ability to install driver software on your console, people have done it with peripheral hardware.

The best one I've seen so far is the XFPS. They have a version for XBOX and PS3. It plugs into the usb port on the console, then you plug your regular M/KB into the XFPS's USB ports. Then you use a series of buttons on the XFPS to map your Mouse and KB buttons to the console buttons, the mouse automatically maps to the right analog stick and the ASDW automatically maps to the left stick. Then there's an X-Y sensitivity dial on the side of the XFPS so you can adjust the sensitivity to suit your mouse. XFPS takes inputs from the KB/M, translates them into signals from the console's controller and spits them into the console via USB port. Bam. Done.

I read a bunch of reviews for it and the complaints are few. The main one is price, since it costs $100....other complaints are largely from people who don't know what they're doing.

Also, anybody else experiencing horridly slow connect times for PS3 online multiplayer? I couldn't even get on it wednesday.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#191 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 13 November 2009 - 03:10 PM

@CF - My friend called me on Wednesday asking if I was having problems with Xbox Live and MW2. I have seen no problems beyond sometimes dropping players in your party when it merges lobbys. He has PS3 and was bitching because there was already 3 patches out for it and he was having problems getting connected.

Anyway, epic battle last night. 2 Riot Shields vs 2 Riot Shields. Highly Fun. Also, when you are using the Riot Shield, an awesome trick some guy used on me and I tried and it works, is the throwing knife. 1shot kill - wait until they are backing away and reloading, and use your throwing knife. My Riot Shield setup is Marathon, Cold Blooded, and Commando. It increases the melee range of the Riot Shield too.

Got a 24 Kill Streak last night on big team domination. Silenced Sniping got me a Pred, Pred got me a Harrier Strike, Harrier got me an AC-130. Awesome.

One of the guys I play with dropped the Nuke last night. He got 12 kills in a big team DM on Wasteland, then did the stealth bomber, which killed a group, they spawned at the other end of the map and got killed again. The nuke countdown is hilarious.

Unlocked the gun under the m16 last night, it appears amazing.

#192 User is offline   Sixty 

• Don't be fooled. I am very serious.

Posted 14 November 2009 - 05:07 AM

Damn, $100? Not sure if it's worth that much. May as well just get used to playing with a 360 controller in that case. :)

Still working on scrounging up the cash to buy a 360 + mw2 + live anyway, haha.

#193 User is offline   Silencer 

Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 14 November 2009 - 05:55 AM

Speaking of silenced sniping, tell me you can't put a silencer on the Barrett? Please?

Shinrei said:

#194 User is offline   Stalker 

• Soletaken

Posted 14 November 2009 - 07:15 AM

you can. I got sniped by one today.
Then went 54-10 and rocked kids with my SCAR-L w/ holographic scope, scavenger, stopping power, marathon class.

Beat the campaign today, was extremely pleased with the entire thing in general. So many moments of awe for how awesome something was.
also my friend's gf is hooking me up with the night vision goggles and statue of soap's face because she works at FYE. Yeah inside connections!

This post has been edited by Stalker: 14 November 2009 - 07:18 AM

#195 User is offline   Sixty 

Posted 14 November 2009 - 07:58 AM

One question about the story (spoilers if you haven't beaten it yet):

Spoiler

#196 User is offline   Stalker 

• Soletaken

Posted 14 November 2009 - 06:36 PM

@Sixty
Spoiler

#197 User is offline   Sixty 

Posted 14 November 2009 - 09:15 PM

Ah, that would make sense.
Spoiler

#198 User is offline   Stalker 

• Soletaken

Posted 15 November 2009 - 12:15 AM

I was trying to answer the same thing and that was the only thing I could come up with.
Keep in mind that this is supposed to be 5 years in the future from CoD4.

edit: I was thinking about your question Sixty, and here is the real answer.
Spoiler

This post has been edited by Stalker: 15 November 2009 - 06:01 AM

#199 User is offline   Sixty 

Posted 16 November 2009 - 12:21 AM

Ah, that makes sense. D: When Price said something along the lines of
Spoiler

This post has been edited by Sixty: 16 November 2009 - 12:21 AM

#200 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 16 November 2009 - 04:45 PM

logged a dozen hours of this game while the wifey was away this weekend.

I love the multiplayer more than anything.

Fave maps so far = afghan, terminal, highrise

least fave map so far = The one with the underground in the middle and the big hedge with houses around the outside. Fucking lame map.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

Share this topic:

• 33 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic