Malazan Empire: The Call of Duty Series - Malazan Empire

• 33 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Call of Duty Series Bang bang bang BOOOOM! bang bang RATATATA!!!, etc.

#141 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 03 November 2009 - 07:56 PM

oh my...what a tree for the killstreaks.

I can see it getting constant and annoying...not that it didn't already on some maps.

I hope they gave a bit of thought to map construction and "realism" of certain attacks. Airstrikes on a container ship are fucking retarded any way you look at it.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#142 User is offline   Jusentantaka 

• Emperor
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 03 November 2009 - 08:01 PM

Did you miss the one about the tactical nuke?

Not sure whether to laugh or cry after reading that list... for every positive addition, there's something that is just so stupid it boggles the mind.

#143 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 03 November 2009 - 09:03 PM

Yeah, the kill streaks are gonna come think and fast, I think. Mind you, there are ways to take out the AC-130 and helo's these days. :D

And as for the innocents murder. Yeah. Great. I mean..you know? Everyone in the world who is old enough to play this game are fucking idiots. Clearly. They're all gonna go out and join terrorist cells so they can kill real-world versions of pixel-based people. I totally see that happening. To all 10 million of the day one sales. Definitely. -_-

IT IS A GAME. GET OVER IT.

/rage

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#144 User is offline   Stalker 

• Soletaken
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 03 November 2009 - 09:17 PM

I think tactical nuke is a good thing. Hell, if you can get a 25 kill streak, you deserve to end the game. Really. It's going to be rare to see that, I'm sure.

Besides from what I've heard you have to sacrifice other lower kill rewards to gain the higher ones. It's not like you get a reward at 3,5,11,15, and 25. It doesn't work like that. Besides for the AC-130, you die after being its gunner.

#145 User is offline   Aleksandrov 

• Cold War Warrior

Posted 04 November 2009 - 06:07 AM

And the perks have been leaked as well. There are less perks now but an addition of the much-discussed Pro mode.

Linky

Note these aren't official releases, but someone I talk to on another forum who "obtained" the 360 version early tells me the above perks are in the game.
War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.
Decimation, Propagation, Assimilation, Unification

#146 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 04 November 2009 - 04:16 PM

Sniper:
Scavenger
Cold Blooded
Either Steady Aim or Ninja. Probably steady aim.

Assault Class: (Assault Rifles/LMG's)
Scav
Stopping Power
Steady Aim

Sneaking Class: (Sub-Machine's)
Scavenger
Cold Blooded
Ninja

Why did they take out deep impact? What a hilariously fun perk that was for me. Hiding behind walls? NOT ANYMORE! Go RPD Go!
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#147 User is offline   Aleksandrov 

• Cold War Warrior

Posted 04 November 2009 - 06:55 PM

For mine probably:

Assault Class:
Scavenger
Stopping Power
Steady Aim

Demolitions Class:
Marathon or Sleight of Hand
Lightweight or Danger Close
Commando

SMG Class:
Scavenger
Cold-Blooded
Ninja

Sniper Class:
Scavenger
Stopping Power
Steady Aim Pro

Oh god, that Deep Impact was killing machine in some maps. I even got it instead of Iron Lungs for my Sniper to get the guys behind walls.

Update for more rage time.

You know there's no dedicated servers for PC right? Here's more reasons not to buy the game on PC, or not at all.

All platforms are not restricted to 9v9 maximum down from 16v16
There will be no "lean" AKA Q+E buttons in the PC Version.
The PC Version is not finished as of today.
No record feature.
IW.net was introduced to make the game easier.
Also IW knows about the petition (useless as it is) which they said was full of non-legit names.

Full discussion on the IW Net Forums

This post has been edited by Aleksandrov: 04 November 2009 - 07:02 PM

#148 User is offline   Jusentantaka 

• Emperor

Posted 04 November 2009 - 07:57 PM

View PostAleksandrov, on 04 November 2009 - 06:55 PM, said:

Cheap, half assed ports. The wave of the future.

And it's a disgusting shit encrusted wave.

#149 User is offline   Stalker 

• Soletaken

Posted 04 November 2009 - 08:01 PM

hah, I love CoD. Lst night my friends in the dorm asked why I never let them play CoD 4 against me (since there is no co-op) and I said that I didn't want to embarass them. 2 of them said they had passing skill and challenged me, I quickly accepted and told them they were going to get blanked.

Two 25-0 games later, we decided just to watch the Boondock Saints. What fun.

#150 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 04 November 2009 - 08:02 PM

My bad, they added Deep Impact as a gun 'perk' now, as they did with... what is the stupid double-bullet one...

I don't like that they seem to have taken away all the bolt-action snipers, as those were the most fun for me, as they seemed more accurate than the semi-auto.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#151 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 04 November 2009 - 08:15 PM

View PostJusentantaka, on 04 November 2009 - 07:57 PM, said:

View PostAleksandrov, on 04 November 2009 - 06:55 PM, said:

Cheap, half assed ports. The wave of the future.

And it's a disgusting shit encrusted wave.

WTF on the PC version

I was under the impression that Xbox version and PC version were essentially the same piece of software with different resolution and control mapping. Isn't xbox OS basically windows?

That's what I thought anyway, no evidence to support that.

Usually its the PS3 that gets the shitty port leavings (Fallout 3 DLC I'm looking at you)...strange that its PC in this case.

You say its a wave though, what other games are following this "you no can has cheezburger PC" trend?
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#152 User is offline   Jusentantaka 

• Emperor

Posted 04 November 2009 - 08:46 PM

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 04 November 2009 - 08:15 PM, said:

You say its a wave though, what other games are following this "you no can has cheezburger PC" trend?

FEAR 2 comes to mind... I only played it once through on the laughable 'hard' difficulty (which was problem enough in its own right)- I'm almost certain of there being no lean keys... among all the other other horrible alterations. Red Faction Guerrilla, Borderlands, both quite functional on 360, the former even being fun but are just terrible-fucked in their PC incarnations. (ok, maybe not 'terrible', but 'disappointingly weak' in comparison to console versions)

And of course: Halo and Halo 2 are certainly the biggest offenders, no hardware makes those games run well, and they look like crap on PC to boot. (dont much care 'cause *yawn* sums up that franchise no matter the platform as far as I'm concerned)... Even if they are entirely console-pc ports, and not parallel developments like the rest, they could have at least put some effort into making them not crap.

#153 User is offline   Aleksandrov 

• Cold War Warrior

Posted 06 November 2009 - 11:02 AM

Some companies are not dumping away from the PC...
Capcom recently announced they were planning to focus a lot more on PC rather than just half-arsed ports. Street Fighter and Resident Evil 5 weren't the terrible games I thought they would be and RE5 was, dare I say, brilliant in it's own right on the PC version.

How can you snipe now with no lean buttons, that's what I want to know.
Also 9v9, that's just beyond disappointing.

A couple of years ago we were all bashing Treyarch, but W@W at this stage is looking up more than MW2.
I hope the SP is a lot more challenging than before, the first MW was dreadfully easy on Veteran.
120 dollars for 5 hour SP (Veteran mode is laughably easy), 9v9 and no dedicated servers. This game has dropped from my will-buy-later stage to probably not-buy-at-all.

I'm going to save my money on that other probably half-arsed port BioShock 2 and it's multiplayer.

#154 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 06 November 2009 - 02:18 PM

View PostAleksandrov, on 06 November 2009 - 11:02 AM, said:

Capcom recently announced they were planning to focus a lot more on PC rather than just half-arsed ports. Street Fighter and Resident Evil 5 weren't the terrible games I thought they would be and RE5 was, dare I say, brilliant in it's own right on the PC version.

A couple of years ago we were all bashing Treyarch, but W@W at this stage is looking up more than MW2.
I hope the SP is a lot more challenging than before, the first MW was dreadfully easy on Veteran.
120 dollars for 5 hour SP (Veteran mode is laughably easy), 9v9 and no dedicated servers. This game has dropped from my will-buy-later stage to probably not-buy-at-all.

I'm going to save my money on that other probably half-arsed port BioShock 2 and it's multiplayer.

So what you are saying is that they are changing the game, and even without trying it out to see if it works, you are now saying you wont purchase it at all, even though there has yet to be a review, and you have no idea how well their new matchmaking and local host system will work.

What a broad and open mind you have.

WaW is shit. Multiplayer is broken.

#155 User is offline   Stalker 

• Soletaken

Posted 06 November 2009 - 02:54 PM

agree that WaW was awful. Multi sucked. I still play CoD4 online and I know others here play it as well.

This post has been edited by Stalker: 06 November 2009 - 03:03 PM

#156 User is offline   Jusentantaka 

• Emperor

Posted 06 November 2009 - 02:58 PM

I sort of forgot about capcom actually. They're definitely the exception to the trend. And you forgot DMC4, exceptional port, new content, better graphics, functional mouse and keyboard controls ('course, who in their right mind didnt plug in a controller?) and just all around more fun than playing it on a console.

The cynic says the only reason they say they are going to focus more on PC is because these 3 games weren't ridiculed as glitchy failures on PC.

#157 User is offline   Aleksandrov 

• Cold War Warrior

Posted 06 November 2009 - 08:13 PM

View PostObdigore, on 06 November 2009 - 02:18 PM, said:

So what you are saying is that they are changing the game, and even without trying it out to see if it works, you are now saying you wont purchase it at all, even though there has yet to be a review, and you have no idea how well their new matchmaking and local host system will work.

What a broad and open mind you have.

WaW is shit. Multiplayer is broken.

To try it out that would require me to purchase the game. And frankly I don't want to give my money, already depleted as it is, to developers who doesn't take the platform I want to play it on seriously. Reviews are rubbish, I don't listen to half the people on 'net that review games. They are all biased in some way, gametrailers favours PC, gamespot and IGN favours 360 and so on and so forth. Sure if you get some overwhelming consensus, then that might take a look into it. It'll be a judgement call. But a lot of people change their minds 3 or 4 years down the line when the hype does over.
I know for a fact that for PC, over 100ms ping (IW has said they play at 100-400ms ping for IW.net) is unplayable. So I know for a fact that its going to suck. You wouldn't buy a new album from a company/artist that hasn't released it, changed the working formula they had, dumbed it down and expect you to cough up the extra cash which they say will be awesome. I tend to err on the side of cynicism.
The game will sell like hotcakes for fratboys and teens, because it is marketed towards their Halo-esque ways. But for me the hardline'd PC gamer. No, if you don't provide the product I like then I'll look elsewhere. I'm perfectly entitled to complain about their company because they are setting a new low of the PC industry in terms of multiplayer. i.e. RAGE will also have no dedicated servers.

This post has been edited by Aleksandrov: 06 November 2009 - 08:16 PM

#158 User is offline   RodeoRanch 

• The Midnight Special

Posted 07 November 2009 - 11:40 PM

Man alive, they really are fucking over PC multilayer. Just brutal treatment.

I only play single-player so it's not a big deal for me but I certainly understand the anger and frustration so many PC gamers have with Infinity Ward over this one.

#159 User is offline   Grief 

• Prophet of High House Mafia

Posted 09 November 2009 - 04:21 PM

Just got home to find MW2 awaiting me ;)

Cougar said:

Grief, FFS will you do something with your sig, it's bloody awful

worry said:

Grief is right (until we abolish capitalism).

#160 User is offline   Stalker 

• Soletaken

Posted 09 November 2009 - 04:23 PM

Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 33 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

44 User(s) are reading this topic