• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How well traveled are you?

#1 User is offline   Shinrei 

• charin charin
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 11 February 2009 - 12:21 PM

Where have you been? What are your best travel experiences? Lastly where do you REALLY REALLY REALLY want to go?
You’ve never heard of the Silanda? … It’s the ship that made the Warren of Telas run in less than 12 parsecs.

#2 User is offline   Lisheo 

• Difference Engineer
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:All of the things.

Posted 11 February 2009 - 12:26 PM

France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, all over the UK, the Czech Republic, Austria, and thats really about all I can think of now... I'd love to go to Scandinavia or Japan.
“People have wanted to narrate since first we banged rocks together & wondered about fire. There’ll be tellings as long as there are any of us here, until the stars disappear one by one like turned-out lights.”
- China Mieville

#3 User is offline   Grimjust Bearegular 

• Irregular Bacon Berserker Medic of the Abyssmal Army
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:MAFIA, drawing and writing.
  • Godless killing machine - and proud of it!

Also, braaaaiiiinnnnzzzzzzzz!

Posted 11 February 2009 - 12:32 PM

Sweden, Denmark, Poland, Germany, Bulgaria, Turkey, Spain, England, USA and Canada.

best experience: NY, LA, San Diego and Las Vegas.

where do I want to go: Iceland, Galapagos, Thailand, Japan, China, Egypt, Ireland, Scotland, Hungary, Transylvania, Peru, France, Austria, Switzerland, Italy and back to the US.
Things and stuffs...and other important objects.

#4 User is offline   Skywalker 

• Mortal LightSaber
  • Pedant.

Posted 11 February 2009 - 12:49 PM

All over India, All over the US, north-eastern parts of Canada (Ontario), Riyadh - Saudi Arabia

Would love to visit the UK, Europe (not too far east of Germany), New Zealand, and the Mediterranean. Also, Machu Pichchu, and certain islands in the Pacific.
Forum Member from the Old Days. Alive, but mostly inactive/ occasionally lurking

#5 User is offline   Mushroom 

• Banned

Posted 11 February 2009 - 01:02 PM

A fair Chunk of Australia, New Zealand, East Timor, China, Malaysia, Singapore & Malaysia. And a little bit of Thailand.

Soon to be going to Czech Republich with a stopover in Korea.

#6 User is offline   Astra 

• Sony Reader PRS-650

Posted 11 February 2009 - 01:06 PM

Lived in: Ukraine, Russia, Israel
Live in: The UK

Been to: Czech Republic, Venice, Barcelona, Amsterdam, Vienna, Mexico, Cuba

I would really really want to go to China and Japan.
Maybe all over America and Canada.
Peru.

This post has been edited by Astra: 11 February 2009 - 08:56 PM

Only Two Things Are Infinite, The Universe and Human Stupidity, and I'm Not Sure About The Former.
Albert Einstein

#7 User is offline   Menandore 

• High Fist

Posted 11 February 2009 - 01:09 PM

I'm from Scotland and I've spent a year in Canada (Ontario), lived in London for about a year and a half now and at some point this year I'll be moving to Germany.

Places I've visited: Ireland, France, Germany, Austria, Majorca, Tenerife, Italy, Benelux countries, US (Florida, Tenessee & New York).

Places I want to visit: Egypt, China, New Zealand.

#8 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 11 February 2009 - 01:17 PM

Uk, France, Spain, Italy (Rome, Florence and Venice), Greece, Greek Islands, Egypt (Luxor, Cairo, Red Sea) Turkey, Tenerife, Mexico, Belize and Guatamala; got back from the Maldivian Islands last week.

I'd like to go to New Zealand, Canada, possibly Iceland too. And visit NY.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 11 February 2009 - 01:18 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#9 User is offline   TOGGS 

• Recruit

Posted 11 February 2009 - 01:18 PM

Spain, France, USA, Dominican Republic, South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Angola, Democratic Republic of Congo
I would like to go somewhere peaceful. Deserts are always nice

#10 User is offline   Binder of Demons 

• Lord of Light
  • View gallery
  • - Thread Killer -

Posted 11 February 2009 - 01:19 PM

Europe
Ireland (home), England, Wales, France, Portugal,
USA,
South America
Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, Chile,
Australasia
New Zealand, Australia,
Middle East
Israel, Egypt (only the Sinai), Jordan, Iraq.

Best travel experience was working and travelling through South America. The route through Ecuador, Peru and Bolivia is amazing. The people are wonderful, and the history and nature are amazing. Highlights were Galapagos (diving and sightseeing), Salaar de Uyuni in Bolivia (the Salt Lakes), the Inca trail and Cuzco, a jungle trip in Ecuador, the mountain fortress of Kuelap in northern Peru, and downhill mountain biking in Bolivia.

Israel and Jordan are also well worth seeing. Travelled through there on my own, and it certainly was an experience (hitch-hiking and buses). Despite not being religious, Jerusalem is an amazing place to see. You really can feel the history of the place. And in Jordan you have the carved city of PETRA, among many other sites (like Jerash, and Ajlun).

I really really really want to see ICELAND, and JAPAN. They are top of my places to visit, followed by doing "La Ruta Maya" through Central America (and maybe also do the Aztec sites in Mexico as well).

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain

Never argue with an idiot!
They'll drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!
- Anonymous

#11 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 11 February 2009 - 01:22 PM

Been: Zimbabwe, Indonesia, Singapore, Russia, Chile, China, England, France, Australia, Canada, USA

Zimbabwe probably the coolest, but the turmoil wasn't quite as intense back then. Elephant safari = fun!

I want to go to Tierra del Fuego since SA is the only inhabitated continent I haven't been to yet...

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#12 User is offline   Fiddler 

• Fiddler

Posted 11 February 2009 - 01:51 PM

United Arab Emirates, Oman, Iraq, Egypt, the UK, Spain, France, Italy, Portugal, covered both coasts of the US and all points inbetween (almost all anyways). And I would really like to go to Korea, with my wife.

#13 User is offline   Bauchelain the Evil 

• Greatest necromancer ever
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Not much

Posted 11 February 2009 - 03:31 PM

Lots of places in Italy, Toronto, Montreal, Quebec City,Paris, Brittany, London, Oxford,Edimburgh,Croatia,will go in Greece and Turkey this year.

I would like to go to Prague, India, Australia, Hawaii,Florence

Best travel experience would probably be London: there are so many things to see.

This post has been edited by Bauchelain the Evil: 11 February 2009 - 03:32 PM

Adept of Team Quick Ben

I greet you as guests and so will not crush the life from you and devour your soul with peals of laughter. No, instead, I will make tea-Gothos

#14 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 11 February 2009 - 03:51 PM

I've been to Germany, Austria, Poland, Holland, Ireland, England, Norway, Sweden, Angola, South Africa, Zimbabwe and Zambia.

I'd like to visit America... all of it. I'd also like to see Italy (Rome), Japan, China, Russia, Egypt, Some South American country with plenty of indian ruins... and maybe some cocain farms :)

#15 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 11 February 2009 - 03:59 PM

View PostShinrei no Shintai, on Feb 11 2009, 07:21 AM, said:

Where have you been? What are your best travel experiences? Lastly where do you REALLY REALLY REALLY want to go?

I am not nearly as well travelled as I would like to be!

I have done most of the UK since it is home, lots of Ireland, some of the USA (DC, NYC, Washington State, Florida and now New Jersey!), Western Canada (BC and Alberta).

In Europe I have done Paris and the south of France years and years ago, Italy - Rome, Sorrento, Capri, other cities include Amsterdam, Budapest. Bits of Southern Spain and the islands but I'm not a huge fan of sunshine!

The furthest I have been is Singapore, which was pretty cool.

Travel highlights..... It is usually those dodgy things you do that aren't very sensible and you can imagine the newspaper headlines of "British girl murdered on holiday". Ditching the tourist boats for a tour around the pretty coves in Capri and paying a local fisherman half the price to take us to all the pretty places. When he started splashing my sister with water and winking at her, we thought we may have made a mistake but it was a good day!

Also whale watching off the coast of Vancouver. No whales turned up but we had a school of Porpoises playing in the wake of the boat for over an hour, which was very cool.

Watching monkeys playing in the jungle in Singapore was also fun.

Places I want to go....everywhere! I just missed out on a trip to Tokyo for work as my research isn't at a good enough point to present. Gutted. I would love to see the Great Wall of China and the Forbidden City as well. Currently considering a trip to Thailand or Vietnam on the way back from an Aussie wedding next year....
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#16 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 11 February 2009 - 05:33 PM

lived - Scotland, Holland (only for 6 months)

visited - England, France, Belgium, Portugal, Germany, Luxembourg, US (Florida, Texas & Hawaii), China (Xi'an, Shanghai, Beijing, Luoyang), Brazil, Gran Canaria....think thats everywhere.

Quite chuffed with Hawaii, as its about as close to the other side of the world as it gets for a brit. Sadly though, I never saw the Dog :)

Wish to visit - Egypt, Japan, Phillipines (sp?), India, Thailand, Czech Republic, Latvia, Italy, Greece.

so not too bad. though the fact that I've never visited Ireland is a source of constant derision from my dad, as he's Irish. usually shut him up by observing that i'd be perfectly happy to go. If he pays for it.
meh. Link was dead :(

#17 User is offline   Sir Thursday 

• House Knight
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 11 February 2009 - 06:21 PM

Lived in: UK (Grew up down South, left for the US aged 11. Eventually came back and lived in Aberdeen for 4 years, have been alternating between Cambridge and High Wycombe for the last couple of years), Houston for 9 months, Copenhagen for 4 years.

Visited: France, Italy, Belgium, The Netherlands, Austria, Germany, Switzerland, Greece, Sweden, Norway, Russia, China, Zambia, Malawi, Mexico, Australia, Thailand, and probably a few others.

Of those, I'd have to say I found China to be the most interesting, although Malawi/Zambia was a close second, principally for the eye-opening nature of the poverty there.

I would really like to visit India at some point, and I think the Caribbean would be fun for some R&R.

Sir Thursday

This post has been edited by Sir Thursday: 11 February 2009 - 06:21 PM

Don't look now, but I think there's something weird attached to the bottom of my posts.

#18 User is offline   alestar 

• Fist
  • Interests:cooking, wine, beer, reading, music, hockey & football

Posted 11 February 2009 - 06:24 PM

Been:

Canada, USA, England, Mexico, Hawaii, Barbados, St-Lucia, Hong Kong, China

Enjoyed most:

Hong Kong

Want to visit:

Australia, continental Europe, Alaska

#19 User is offline   Sparkimus 

• afternoon delight

Posted 11 February 2009 - 06:28 PM

Been to about 40 out of 50 states, England, Italy, Austria, France and Mexico.

Loved Rome and Florence the most.

Want to go to Ireland, Germany and somewhere tropical (Hawaii, Carribean, well wherever really)

QUOTE (Stalker @ Jan 23 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So last night I was walking downtown for some pizza at like 1am with some friends of mine,
and someone said, "I'm so hungry I could eat a whole pizza."

I said, "I bet I could eat 100 pizzas," and no one understood me. I was sad.

#20 User is offline   no_survivors 

• Corporal
  • Interests:Cats, reading, guitar and cats

Posted 11 February 2009 - 06:40 PM

Nothing really compared to you guys. I have been pretty much everywhere in Canada, excluding the maritimes (which I love to go). The west coast of the U.S, I LOVE Portland. This April I will be doing a full U.S tour so I am excited to see it all. And I have been to China back in '94 when things were a little different. It was a wonderful experience because my dad's friend who lives there was our guide and he took us everywhere he felt was important (off the beaten path where you don't see any tourists and very, very few foreigners). Would love to go back.

I would like to go everywhere and anywhere but these are my priorities: Czech Republic (have family there), Italy, Greece, Malaysia and India
See ten thousand ministries, See the holy rightous dogs.
They claim to heal, but all they do is steal, Abuse your faith, cheat, and rob.
~ God was Never on your Side, Lemmy Kilmister

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users