Malazan Empire: How well traveled are you? - Malazan Empire

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How well traveled are you?

#41 User is offline   Valgard 

• Bored Microbiologist (not a good combination)
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 18 February 2009 - 02:58 PM

I have lived in Belgium for 18 years then moved to Scotland for the last 8 years.

In Europe I have been all over the UK, to Dublin in Ireland, over a large part of France, Spain, around Italy, Germany, Finland, the Netherlands, Luxembourg, Vatican City, Czech Republic, Poland, Slovakia, Hungry, Croatia, Slovenia, Turkey (Istanbul only) and Greece. I am going to Stockholm next weekend for a holiday though.

North America I have been to the South west i.e. California, Utah, New Mexico and Arizona. I also have been to Florida when I was very young but don't really remember it.

South America I have been to Peru

Africa, I have been to Kenya, Tanzania, Mauritius, South Africa, Swaziland, Botswana and Namibia.

Asia I have been to Japan and Singapore.

I have also been to Australia.

I want to go to Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos and India one day.

#42 User is offline   Shinrei 

• charin charin
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 18 February 2009 - 03:39 PM

I suppose it's hard for an American to compete with those who have easier access to all the countries of Europe. Even traveling to neighboring Canada and Mexico usually involves a flight of several hours. Paying the money for the flight alone prohibits frequent travel. And now I live in Japan, which means I still have to fly to go anywhere else.

I guess what surprises me more than anything else though, is the number of people who have traveled in Africa. Africa just seems worlds away from both the US and Japan. The only country I could see myself actively planning to visit is Egypt.
You’ve never heard of the Silanda? … It’s the ship that made the Warren of Telas run in less than 12 parsecs.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users