• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Fener Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   foolio 

• Emperor
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • about as popular as a whores dose of the face eater

Posted 03 February 2009 - 09:45 PM

just throw a couple of questions out and hope that it is OK to do it here. I think it was Reapers gale that we see Fener hiding in the errants temple under Lether. Have we seen him since? What was he doing in Lether? Heboric "pulled him down" when he touched the Jade staue right, that happend a long way away on Otataral Island. He is just vulnerable, not necessarily powerless right?
I have seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter at the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain...."

#2 User is offline   L'oric 

• High Fist

Posted 03 February 2009 - 09:52 PM

View Postfoolio, on Feb 3 2009, 03:45 PM, said:

just throw a couple of questions out and hope that it is OK to do it here. I think it was Reapers gale that we see Fener hiding in the errants temple under Lether. Have we seen him since? What was he doing in Lether? Heboric "pulled him down" when he touched the Jade staue right, that happend a long way away on Otataral Island. He is just vulnerable, not necessarily powerless right?

I think there is plenty of room in the House of War for Fener. Treach is the Hunter. Fener could very well be the soldier or something else if he ever gets back into the House. Stormy and Gesler and a bunch of Fener's followers are in the 14th so I definately think he will find himself stronger than he used to be. I would think a meeting between Gesler, Stormy and Fener would be in the Top 10 things I would like to see in Dust of Dreams but probably wont.

Or the errant will let some street urchin kill him with a knife in the back for the wart on his backside.

Sincerely,
L'oric
What I do not know fills many more volumes than what I do know.

#3 User is offline   Urizen 

• First Sword

Posted 03 February 2009 - 10:48 PM

View PostL'oric, on Feb 3 2009, 10:52 PM, said:

View Postfoolio, on Feb 3 2009, 03:45 PM, said:

I think there is plenty of room in the House of War for Fener. Treach is the Hunter. Fener could very well be the soldier or something else if he ever gets back into the House. Stormy and Gesler and a bunch of Fener's followers are in the 14th so I definately think he will find himself stronger than he used to be. I would think a meeting between Gesler, Stormy and Fener would be in the Top 10 things I would like to see in Dust of Dreams but probably wont.

Or the errant will let some street urchin kill him with a knife in the back for the wart on his backside.

Sincerely,
L'oric

Isn't there a Mecrenary Card in High House War that has no known occupant?
Since I despise The Errant; It's heavly impiled at the end (or in the epilouge) of RG that Mael lays the smack down on the Errant off stage, so I'm holding out hope that Fener can jump a wounded Errant, swipe his mojo, return to the God pantheon and banish the Errant to the Abyss.
" Ah, I despair, or I would if I cared enough. No, instead, I will make some ashcakes. Which I will not share."

#4 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 03 February 2009 - 10:53 PM

Fener has, as far as we all know, been permanently pulled into Wu in physical form. He is extremely vulnerable, and his position has been supplanted in the pantheon. We have no idea how long he will be able to contain his powers and remain in hiding. As soon as it becomes known he is around, he's probably going to get offed. I see him making an appearance at the "Battleground of the Gods" in TCG.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#5 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 04 February 2009 - 04:29 AM

It's obviously setting up for an event (minor by my expectations) involving Gesler, Stormy and the soldiers from the 3rd Company whom we saw discussing their former allegiance to the Boar Company.

The unresolved issues that will be taken up at said event may include:

-The end of Heboric and how Hood used him to ward off the statues
-Why Legana Breed called Stormy Shield Anvil in BH (because Heboric healed his thigh with his Fener hand)
-The ever-so-pressing issue from DG of what hand Heboric healed Stormy with -- see above^^
-Some history on the Boar Company

And then the event will rap up with Fener dying or crying or both!

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#6 User is offline   Ain't_It_Just_ 

• The Recidivist
  • Group: LHTEC
  • Interests:Dungeons and Dragons, and the odd caramel slice.
  • The AIJman cometh

Posted 04 February 2009 - 06:05 AM

Some believe that Fener will join the CG, being cast down and bereft. I don't really, but I remember in TtH the cult of the CG was being held in an abandoned Temple of Fener. An admission, perhaps?

And I recall reading something about Fener growing huge and bursting through the temple he was hiding in. What the hell's that about?
Suck it Errant!

"It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum...and I'm all out of gum."

QUOTE (KeithF @ Jun 30 2009, 09:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It has been proven beyond all reasonable doubt that the most powerful force on Wu is a bunch of messed-up Malazans with Moranth munitions.

#7 User is offline   Urizen 

• First Sword

Posted 04 February 2009 - 10:37 AM

View PostD'rek, on Feb 4 2009, 05:29 AM, said:

It's obviously setting up for an event (minor by my expectations) involving Gesler, Stormy and the soldiers from the 3rd Company whom we saw discussing their former allegiance to the Boar Company.

The unresolved issues that will be taken up at said event may include:

-The end of Heboric and how Hood used him to ward off the statues
-Why Legana Breed called Stormy Shield Anvil in BH (because Heboric healed his thigh with his Fener hand)
-The ever-so-pressing issue from DG of what hand Heboric healed Stormy with -- see above^^
-Some history on the Boar Company

And then the event will rap up with Fener dying or crying or both!

What happened to Legana Breed by the way? He somehow winds in Malaz City, gets his sword back from Stormy (Why did he give it away in the first place?), proceds to kick some serious ass as Gesler, Fid and Stormy return to the ship and then nothing. Not even a "see you later, I'm of to Assil" or anything..
" Ah, I despair, or I would if I cared enough. No, instead, I will make some ashcakes. Which I will not share."

#8 User is offline   Benji 

• Fist

Posted 04 February 2009 - 12:42 PM

I think, because of how he avoided being imprisoned in the rent, he may very well be outcast like Tool now. Or perhaps something similar. My guess is that he's just wandering around now, trying to come to terms with it.

#9 User is offline   Bauchelain the Evil 

• Greatest necromancer ever
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Not much

Posted 04 February 2009 - 01:46 PM

@AIJ: You must remember that while blocked on Wu Fener is still a God and so managed with that little power he had left to take a rather measly form. But he cannot stay like that for ever, and so will one day regain his true form(a boar as big as a mountain from what we know from DG) and so the Errant was worried he will attract too much attention.
Adept of Team Quick Ben

I greet you as guests and so will not crush the life from you and devour your soul with peals of laughter. No, instead, I will make tea-Gothos

#10 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 04 February 2009 - 05:26 PM

I would pay good money for Erikson just writting a short story where Fener loses it, becomes a ginourmous wilderbeast stretching into the clouds stomping around on Lether while Mael runs around it's legs telling Fener to seize and desist whiles't hopelessly throwing small waves against the giant pigs feet.

#11 User is offline   foolio 

• Emperor

Posted 04 February 2009 - 08:36 PM

Him being described in the errants temple kind of reminded me of Ryllandaras in ROTCG, without the bloodlust. But the way they are both kind of man-like but also beastly. I dont really understand rather he is an elemental force, or started off as a mortal man, ascended then kind of started resembleing a boar, or what. Not really important but has me curious. I would like to see his plot play out.
I have seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter at the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain...."

#12 User is offline   Sinisdar Toste 

• Dead Serious
  • View gallery

Posted 04 February 2009 - 11:55 PM

that relates to the "worshippers shape their gods" thing i think. fener ascended because of his crazy fighting skill, which resembled that of a boar, he gained some worshippers who started calling him that, then hundreds of thousands of people started worshipping him as the boar of summer and he began to transform to suit their vision of him. the same thing probably happened with poliel who appears as some kind of pestulent harpy

This post has been edited by Sinisdar Toste: 04 February 2009 - 11:55 PM

There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

- Oscar Levant

#13 User is offline   Cowl's Disciple 

• Sergeant

Posted 05 February 2009 - 01:04 AM

I don't think Fener will be completely forgotten, his ultimate fate may not be seen 'onscreen' as such but consider that SE has shown us Fener in all his earth bound pigness his fate will be addressed in some way.

I'd like a big battle between Fener and some of the CG's minions, kind of like Ryll in ROTCG but with the monster being the good guy! :p

#14 User is offline   Sinisdar Toste 

• Dead Serious
  • View gallery

Posted 05 February 2009 - 01:17 AM

oh lordy, i just got an image of a k'chain matron and fener thundering around downtown tokyo, screeching and bellowing while people ran screaming in the streets... please, please, please, don't ever let it happen SE!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

- Oscar Levant

#15 User is offline   Skywalker 

• Mortal LightSaber
  • Pedant.

Posted 05 February 2009 - 06:54 AM

View PostBenji, on Feb 4 2009, 08:42 AM, said:

I think, because of how he avoided being imprisoned in the rent, he may very well be outcast like Tool now. Or perhaps something similar. My guess is that he's just wandering around now, trying to come to terms with it.

The whole reason why he volunteered to close the rent back in HoC was because he was the "last of his clan" (from DG, page 330) Google books linky

So he is a lot like Tool, in that he is clanless... and kinda sorta expendable. But that doesn't mean he isn't still driven by the vow. His visit to Malaz City was a detour to pick up his sword... not sure where he was going though. Assail is as good a guess as any (especially since in MoI, another now-clanless T'lan Imass (Lanas Tog) seemed to have heard the summons for the Gathering (Google books linky), and Silverfox has committed her TI to Assail IIRC.

This post has been edited by Skywalker: 05 February 2009 - 06:55 AM

Forum Member from the Old Days. Alive, but mostly inactive/ occasionally lurking

#16 User is offline   Ain't_It_Just_ 

• The Recidivist
  • The AIJman cometh

Posted 05 February 2009 - 08:05 AM

Perhaps Fener will be like Greymane, reveal himself to the 14th and march alongisde them, offering his fighting ability. Probably not, though.
Suck it Errant!

It has been proven beyond all reasonable doubt that the most powerful force on Wu is a bunch of messed-up Malazans with Moranth munitions.

#17 User is offline   Bauchelain the Evil 

• Greatest necromancer ever
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Not much

Posted 05 February 2009 - 04:16 PM

In his conversation with the Errant Fener said that he was going to be ready for a last fight before dieing because he was the God of War and couldn'r resist the call for battle. So he will probably be present in TCG in the big final war between gods and die there.
Adept of Team Quick Ben

I greet you as guests and so will not crush the life from you and devour your soul with peals of laughter. No, instead, I will make tea-Gothos

#18 User is offline   Cowl's Disciple 

• Sergeant

Posted 05 February 2009 - 11:49 PM

View PostBauchelain the Evil, on Feb 6 2009, 02:16 AM, said:

In his conversation with the Errant Fener said that he was going to be ready for a last fight before dieing because he was the God of War and couldn'r resist the call for battle. So he will probably be present in TCG in the big final war between gods and die there.

Can't wait to see that! Will he be in his current form? Given the discussion and points raised above I'd assme he can't shift to any other (if he ever could)?

#19 User is offline   Ain't_It_Just_ 

• The Recidivist
  • The AIJman cometh

Posted 06 February 2009 - 05:55 AM

I can't help but remember what happened to Treach before he ascended...maybe Fener will be killed by the perhaps-existent KCCM in the wastelands.
Suck it Errant!

#20 User is offline   foolio 

• Emperor

Posted 06 February 2009 - 01:23 PM

I can't help but remember what happened to Treach before he ascended...maybe Fener will be killed by the perhaps-existent KCCM in the wastelands.

do we know how Treach died before he ascended?

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users