Malazan Empire: Skinner and Cowl's liitle adventure.. - Malazan Empire

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Skinner and Cowl's liitle adventure..

#21 User is offline   Ain't_It_Just_ 

• The Recidivist
  • Group: LHTEC
  • Interests:Dungeons and Dragons, and the odd caramel slice.
  • The AIJman cometh

Posted 08 February 2009 - 09:14 AM

Well...that was him living in the past. He seems kind of informed now.

I wonder if Ardatha will try and get revenge or something? She was Skinner's patron, and I've no doubt Skinner was her "mailed fist."

This post has been edited by Ain't_It_Just_: 08 February 2009 - 09:14 AM

Suck it Errant!

"It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum...and I'm all out of gum."

QUOTE (KeithF @ Jun 30 2009, 09:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It has been proven beyond all reasonable doubt that the most powerful force on Wu is a bunch of messed-up Malazans with Moranth munitions.

#22 User is offline   L'oric 

• High Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 10 February 2009 - 11:00 PM

I do not see how the Liosan could have gotten good enough or changed enough to fight Skinner and Cowl since we saw them last. They were punkish brats, overbearing and overconfident while dealing with a few Tlan Imass Bonecasters, chieftains, and a Tiste Edur. Why wouldn't they be overconfident against a few humans? They should have learned lessons in humility? Clearly not enough.

I found nothing wrong with these scenes. Some more time before they found the tower would have been nice. Something to indicate a journey else the Liosan's would have seen the same tower right...no biggie and great to see that maybe Father Light made a showing or barring that some construct of Osseric who was all over the book in little ways.

Sincerely
L'oric
What I do not know fills many more volumes than what I do know.

#23 User is offline   Lisheo 

• Difference Engineer
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:All of the things.

Posted 11 February 2009 - 11:30 AM

I like how Osric seems to be shaping up to be ICE's central Ascendant character, holding a position similar to Rake in GotM, although with less action.

With regards to Skinner, as Apt says, he's losing his memories and mind, but I would also suspect that he may have some physical flaw underneath that armour. No one in the HoC seems hale in anyway, whether physically or mentally.

The construct in the tower was interesting, and I was glad to see the Tiste Liosan again. Tbh, I was kind of pissed that SE tossed em into HoC as comic relief, and then never made use of them again, not even a mention.
“People have wanted to narrate since first we banged rocks together & wondered about fire. There’ll be tellings as long as there are any of us here, until the stars disappear one by one like turned-out lights.”
- China Mieville

#24 User is offline   Old Hunch Arbat 

• Fist

Posted 18 February 2009 - 12:17 AM

I find these scenes of the Liosan, distributed nicely throughout the series, funny as hell. They've been wrong-footed from the start which explains their recurring ass whippings - to a certain extent. They will no doubt regain their balance and start showing us their moves before the series wraps up: in fact if they ever get Osserc to pay attention to them they may become formidable indeed. That Osserc has managed to get himself planted into Sadow Hold via Kyle's sword tells me that he has some far-reaching strategy - of some sort - and that he will ultimately use his assembled representatives to establish his interests pretty definitively.

But the thought of guys dressed in the equivalent of armor made out of dinner plates getting ass-whupped every time they turn around is, to me, amusing as hell.

Imagine knocking back a few beer and then deciding to do a little showing off, and to run your pretty white horsies over the neighbours front lawn - only to find out that you live next door to Trull Sengar and Onrack, who happen to like their garden just the way it is - and neither of whom are in the party mood: and then when they've finished with you Uncle Olar Ethil and his drinking buddies show up and decide themselves, to underscore the need to respect your neighbours' property. So feeling somewhat chastised you decide to go home and sleep it off, only when you open your own front door you run into Skinner and Cowl who have dropped in uninvited and decided that they would like to rearrange your shrubberies for you. And they're drunker and meaner than you. Poor sods.

OHA

#25 User is offline   hansebee 

• Recruit

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:05 PM

I am so with you on that. I immediately began grinning like stupid when I got to the scene with Skinner and Cowl, the entire time, they are such an unlucky arrogant bunch that deserves every thrashing they get.

I *loved* how they went more or less "Ouch! Ah, fu** it!" after running into the Malazans during the Whirlwind campaign, and here the same! Mind you, I haven't gotten any farther than ROTCG as of now, this being the second appearance of the sorry bunch of Enias I know of, but I am already looking forward to more "Ouch!! Okay brothers, let's continue our holy quest... over there instead! FOR LIGHT!! Yeah.." :)

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users