• You cannot reply to this topic

Malazan Forum Nostalgia

#41 User is offline   Darkwatch 

• A Strange Human
  • Group: The Most Holy and Exalted Inquis

Posted 15 January 2009 - 11:01 PM

View PostCold Iron, on Jan 15 2009, 05:59 PM, said:

View PostDarkwatch, on Jan 16 2009, 09:51 AM, said:

I've started to stay away from the DB. It just goes in circles. And most of the time no one listens to anything anyone says.

Though it's good to know you're still trying to keep things balanced in that place.

I have an idea for a new thread... probably belongs in the inn but it will have the grace of a db thread :p stay tuned.

Great now you've piqued my interest.
The Pub is Always Open

Proud supporter of the Wolves of Winter. Glory be to her Majesty, The Lady Snow.
Cursed Summer returns. The Lady Now Sleeps.

The Sexy Thatch Burning Physicist

Τον Πρωτος Αληθη Δεσποτην της Οικιας Αυτος

RodeoRanch said:

You're a rock.
A non-touching itself rock.

#42 User is offline   Shinrei 

• charin charin
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 16 January 2009 - 01:20 AM

Anyone else remember not long after the DB forum started that Rallick got all pissy about it being elitist or some nonsense and went on a major spam rampage? He started several pages of threads all with the same whiny title.

I had always thought he was a decent poster, but I was pretty pissed off that day. :p
You’ve never heard of the Silanda? … It’s the ship that made the Warren of Telas run in less than 12 parsecs.

#43 User is offline   RodeoRanch 

• The Midnight Special
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 16 January 2009 - 01:33 AM

I remember that. He went fucking nuts and was banned in no time. I was irritated.

#44 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 16 January 2009 - 02:13 AM

I remember when Thelomen Toblerone was around, and he was my hero because I was a noob and was secretly using him as a replacement father figure without his knowledge or consent... but that really wasn't that long ago...

and q21 was my buddy-buddy before he got sucked in by the mafia and win-threads...

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#45 User is offline   Terez 

• High Analyst of TQB
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:WWQBD?
  • WoT Fangirl, Rank Traitor

Posted 16 January 2009 - 04:29 AM

Is TT gone? If he is he hasn't been gone long...

The President (2012) said:

Please proceed, Governor.

Chris Christie (2016) said:

There it is.

Elizabeth Warren (2020) said:

And no, I’m not talking about Donald Trump. I’m talking about Mayor Bloomberg.

#46 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 16 January 2009 - 04:38 AM

Last I noticed, he was bitching about having too much uni work to do. He's still active in the Fantasy Football, I don't think he's gone.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#47 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 16 January 2009 - 07:57 AM

The great avatar switchup was an amazing day. I was sore from laughing. The day the funny pics thread was a good day.
Error: Signature not valid

#48 User is offline   Terez 

• High Analyst of TQB

Posted 16 January 2009 - 08:31 AM

View PostRaymond Luxury Yacht, on Jan 16 2009, 01:57 AM, said:

The great avatar switchup was an amazing day.

It was an amazing couple of weeks, really. I think everyone having Jenny's avatar only lasted a day, but you had my avatar for at least a week, and I know I had Brood's for a couple of weeks, and everyone else had everyone else's avatars. Hell, Sparky kept one of Apt's old avatars for a few months. Avatars were never the same again.

There it is.

#49 User is offline   Ain't_It_Just_ 

• The Recidivist
  • Group: LHTEC
  • Interests:Dungeons and Dragons, and the odd caramel slice.
  • The AIJman cometh

Posted 16 January 2009 - 08:36 AM

It sounds as though Marduk and Pale were rather infamous... Why is that?

I just remembered Thelomen Toblerone...sadface.
Suck it Errant!

"It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum...and I'm all out of gum."

QUOTE (KeithF @ Jun 30 2009, 09:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It has been proven beyond all reasonable doubt that the most powerful force on Wu is a bunch of messed-up Malazans with Moranth munitions.

#50 User is offline   Terez 

• High Analyst of TQB

Posted 16 January 2009 - 08:47 AM

View PostAin't_It_Just_, on Jan 16 2009, 02:36 AM, said:

It sounds as though Marduk and Pale were rather infamous... Why is that?

I don't remember Pale, but Duk/Wiggles was just quite a bit on the outrageous side. He could be an annoying fuck, but he was a funny one most of the time. He had a bad habit of saying very offensive things. And anonymously (yeah right) neg repping people.

There it is.

#51 User is offline   Ain't_It_Just_ 

• The Recidivist
  • Interests:Dungeons and Dragons, and the odd caramel slice.
  • The AIJman cometh

Posted 16 January 2009 - 08:51 AM

Would he have annoyed me? Just in case he comes back and sees the new popular kid on the block. Little me.

:p
Suck it Errant!

"It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum...and I'm all out of gum."

QUOTE (KeithF @ Jun 30 2009, 09:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It has been proven beyond all reasonable doubt that the most powerful force on Wu is a bunch of messed-up Malazans with Moranth munitions.

#52 User is offline   Shinrei 

• charin charin

Posted 16 January 2009 - 01:50 PM

He could piss off anybody and everybody. I found his smartassery to be very entertaining, and we used to chat on MSN all the time. Completely irreverant and didn't care what people here thought about him. But he wasn't just a troll, he actually knew the books and could post intelligently when he felt like it. And there were other people here that he liked (who may not have liked him).
You’ve never heard of the Silanda? … It’s the ship that made the Warren of Telas run in less than 12 parsecs.

#53 User is offline   Bhurnae 

• Close to the hedge.........
  • Interests:all the usual stereotypical male ones

Posted 16 January 2009 - 02:12 PM

I have just received a text from the eejit that got me hooked into MBotF
apparently he was initially known as Wickan Warrior then Tayschrenn he works with me

View PostMezla PigDog, on 28 September 2009 - 09:34 PM, said:

I have been entertaining tourists for many years now.... A girls gotta make a living.

#54 User is offline   Fist Gamet 

• Mortal Sword
  • Interests:Writing, reading, writing, climbing, writing, scuba diving and writing (not at the same time)

Posted 16 January 2009 - 03:01 PM

Yeah, I remember Tay, if it is the same one who was here five or so years back. Bottle used to make my head hurt - I liked him but he just had too much to say and I never shook the feeling (unfairly, no doubt) that he was just here to show us all how clever and deeply thoughtful he was.

BAD was pretty funny at times, and I didn't mention Jonzey as someone else had but she was cool...he he he...Helmet...
Victory is mine!

#55 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Team Handsome

Posted 16 January 2009 - 08:54 PM

I really really dont miss Marduk, that's for sure. He was a penis. A big, smelly, unwashed penis.

I just associate the good old days with the first Malaz Manc meetup I went to (dec 06 iirc), when Id only been on the forums a couple of months. But I was mostly drunk, so it seemed like a good plan. Had a great time, met some top people, and fromt hen my love of the forums has bloomed.

Unfortunately uni work, shite internets, and general work keeps me from posting much, although with the amount of procrastinat6ing scheduled in im sure my input will skyrocket again soon, have no fear! It's nice to see Im loved, it makes me all glowy inside.:)

And D'rek: I knew. I knew and I embraced you subconsciously. And a little bit sexually. You dont know yet, but during that whole period I was actually transmitting my sperm in the form of internets data bursts, where they impregnated you via your keyboard. You are now pregnant with my child, who shall be the new messiah and cause you terrible man-nipple chaffage from futile breast-feeding attempts.

I remember the Orfie GaesII horiffic flirtation when I joined, it made me feel nauseous. I feel guilty that I actually may have contributed to them disappearing, due to general "YOU'RE MAKING ME SICK??!!1!ELEVEN!!" posts. And the man-love has been so hard to replicate since Tiste went, then Illy slacked off for a long time, Tremmy went AWOL and Brood started getting sad and bitter at the world. :p Plus Gaz and Rich arent around much, they were always good "I suck your willies" stand-ins.

#56 User is offline   frookenhauer 

• Mortal Sword
  • Interests:Women
    Money
    AI
    Writing

Posted 16 January 2009 - 09:27 PM

The whole sperm messiah nipple thingy was gross...I applaud you :p
souls are for wimps

#57 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 17 January 2009 - 05:18 AM

Yaaaaaaaaaaaay TT is back and alive and tasty. How was Rome??

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#58 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Team Handsome

Posted 17 January 2009 - 11:19 AM

Tres good thankyou, apart from the ice cream which was [I]so[/] disappointing, I feel like I've been lied to all my life about the quality of italian ice cream. Americans do it better. Especially Mr Ben and Mr Jerry. They also do pizza toppings better, although not pizzas themselves. Not Ben and Jerry that is, I mean the yanks. But good work america, you've made italian ice cream look shit.

Also, where the hell have Shiara and Loki gone?! And Pots, I was led to believe hers was a temp ban while she did a bit of work, and shes never come back...Loki comes back now and again in bursts, but that's only one printed head to use for Illy-trouser-stuffing at meet-ups, clearly an insufficient number!

#59 User is offline   Satan 

• Hunting for love

Posted 17 January 2009 - 01:43 PM

Told you the food in Rome was Shite. Never been anywhere else in Italy, but according to those that have (both tourist and natives), if you go to any other city in Italy your tounge will autosperm itself. In so many words.
Legalise drugs! And murder!

#60 User is offline   Bent 

• Keep Rolling...
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:POOP!

Posted 17 January 2009 - 01:52 PM

I dunno, the rep wars may have been the major highlight for me. Twas epic role playing and spamming at its best. I never made it to the "elite" of the group, Illy, Bubba. Apt, or Abyss...But I did get 10,000 rep in under 100 posts. (Since the Inn posts didn't count). And yeah, Mafia is great. kind of family like, we bicker and fight, and get pissed, but a week later we make up, and get ready for another game. Of course, the Inn is like my home away from home, all that other crap gets too serious.

Ha, I remember once I got warned by Jenny, where a noob had asked a kind of silly question, like, are Iccy and Mappo the same person. This was in the book forum, where I don't belong, and i posted...

No
You're welcome

Got warned because it was the noob's first post ever and I might have made him feel like an idiot. In truth, I didn't know enough about the books to give a valid answer, but I knew the answer was no. Bah, good times. Oh, and P.s Abyss', christmas specials make me smile.

And Rodeo is probably number one mod. He reminds me of a very young Hillary Clinton.
THIS IS HOW I ROLL BITCHES!!!

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users