• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Diablo III I can't find the old thread

#261 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:27 AM

Came back to this to take a breather from grand strategy games. I took my crusader at leveled her from 24 to 68 in 2 evenings, which is nice. I can say: Crusader OP! I'm loving the gameplay of that class, absolutely love it. I'm running:

http://eu.battle.net...RPfO!ZXf!YYYaYb

at 70 I'm planning to go like this:

http://eu.battle.net...PfO!ZXfR!YYYaYc

It's load of fun stuff happening on the screen. And lots of holy damage. Let me just say, though, Phalanx/Bowmen is rather beast, and on just 15s cd and no cost. Excellent stuff.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#262 User is offline   Sylph 

• Recruit

Posted 17 August 2014 - 05:07 AM

D3 has basically been my go-to for some quick stress relief during school :rolleyes: There's something oddly soothing about hitting a monster so hard its skeleton flies out of its body.

#263 User is offline   Jakovasaurus 

• Emperor

Posted 19 August 2014 - 02:18 AM

The first Diablo was a game changer. Diablo II was more of the same. I haven't played Diablo III, and to be honest, it's way near the bottom of the games I want to play list.

#264 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 19 August 2014 - 05:21 AM

View PostJakovasaurus, on 19 August 2014 - 02:18 AM, said:

The first Diablo was a game changer. Diablo II was more of the same. I haven't played Diablo III, and to be honest, it's way near the bottom of the games I want to play list.

Both Torchlight 2 and Path of Exile are better games than D3. D3 was entirely underwhelming. It's like they took their 'formula' and just straight broke it without adding anything entertaining.

Or maybe I've played a lot more games and the formula is now stale? Dunno, but it wasn't what it could/should have been.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#265 User is offline   Stalker 

• House Knight

Posted 19 August 2014 - 10:10 AM

I've heard great things about version 2.0 of Diablo 3. Loot system got fixed, added an xpac, and might be more that I'm forgetting. I'd definitely agree that 1.0 was underwhelming, though I still had fun with it.

I'm definitely getting it for xbox one. Maybe today even, or on sale.

#266 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 19 August 2014 - 10:24 AM

I remember finding the game okay, nothing new or innovative but fun. The story however. I still have a bad taste in my mouth about this game. How the hell do you spend 10 years developing a game, I am guessing spending hundreds of millions of dollars on development, and nobody in the design team or the QA comment upon the abysmal storyline?

#267 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 19 August 2014 - 11:59 AM

Nah, it's not abysmal. This isn't C&C4. Burn me at the stake, but I liked it, actually.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#268 User is offline   Sparrohawk 

• Corporal

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:14 AM

View PostGothos, on 19 August 2014 - 11:59 AM, said:

Nah, it's not abysmal. This isn't C&C4. Burn me at the stake, but I liked it, actually.

Yeah, I've never gone into any Blizzard game of recent times expecting anything from their storylines. The height of their storytelling (such as it was) was with Starcraft 1 and Warcraft 3, and past that they've been a tad on the boring side.

I didn't mind Diablo 3, and the Expansion and patches that went along with it made the gameplay a great deal more palatable, but it hasn't held my interest. Loot treadmills, be they D3, Path of Exile, Torchlight and so on have lost much of their attraction, with a few exceptions.
"Sir, you are drunk!"
"Yes madam, I am, but in the morning I will be sober, and you will still be ugly."

#269 User is offline   Coltainer 

• Recruit

Posted 24 August 2014 - 03:32 AM

Diablo 3 is dead to me when they took out the necromancer class, added always online bs, real money auction house, world of warcraft graphics.

#270 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:59 AM

View PostColtainer, on 24 August 2014 - 03:32 AM, said:

Diablo 3 is dead to me when they took out the necromancer class

fair enough, though WD is similar enough

added always online bs

only cheaters played Open Bnet!

real money auction house

no longer in the game

world of warcraft graphics.

broad exagerration.

#271 User is offline   Stalker 

• House Knight

Posted 25 August 2014 - 03:53 AM

The nemesis system is kinda cool. I was freaking out hearing the horns with no idea what was coming and then some monster appeared in my world (thanks Obdi...) and basically one shot me. Not sure how it scales since Obdi's character was way higher than mine but there was not a chance in hell of me winning. The dropping of gifts due to that is cool though- I've had two legendary items sent to me due to that and one as a random drop my coop partner found.

- any xboxone players interested in a hardcore run with me at some point? Was soloing on elite and made good progress before dying, probably better with a team.

#272 User is offline   Stalker 

• House Knight

Posted 25 August 2014 - 10:26 AM

Not that I'm aware of. I actually can't think of any console games that have multiplatform mp modes.

#273 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery

Posted 25 August 2014 - 07:57 PM

View PostBriar King, on 25 August 2014 - 07:10 PM, said:

View PostStalker, on 25 August 2014 - 10:26 AM, said:

Not that I'm aware of. I actually can't think of any console games that have multiplatform mp modes.

Final Fantasy 14. I think I read in GI mag that Destiny will be doing it to.

The annoying thing about FFXIV and the multi-platform thing is that if you don't have a keyboard that works on the PS3, it's like impossible to keep up with messages to other folks in-game who are playing from their PCs, for example.

I remember trying to type a reply to a question, and there's like a paragraph's worth of messages that have gone by before I actually was able to post my message.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#274 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 25 August 2014 - 08:27 PM

Portal 2 had it for PC and PS3 crossovers, pretty sure.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#275 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:23 AM

You are imagining this about Destiny.

@Stalker, yea I was fighting a Nephalem Rift Boss guy, ran into a pack of walling mortars while kiting him, and then got jumped by a Nemesis.

Thats the only time I've died on my Witch Doctor besides running onto exploding corpses to get the shinies.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#276 User is offline   Sparrohawk 

• Corporal

Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:04 AM

They also just put out a new patch which has some interesting changes, especially to Wizards which are the only class I bother playing as nowadays. I'll have to take a look.
"Sir, you are drunk!"
"Yes madam, I am, but in the morning I will be sober, and you will still be ugly."

#277 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:23 AM

View PostBriar King, on 26 August 2014 - 11:58 PM, said:

View PostObdigore, on 26 August 2014 - 06:23 AM, said:

You are imagining this about Destiny.

@Stalker, yea I was fighting a Nephalem Rift Boss guy, ran into a pack of walling mortars while kiting him, and then got jumped by a Nemesis.

Thats the only time I've died on my Witch Doctor besides running onto exploding corpses to get the shinies.

Are you 100%? I ll have to try and find the mag if it's still here.

Yes. They aren't doing cross platform (IE between PSN and Live) and they aren't doing cross-generational play (ie between ps3 and ps4) either. Not because they couldn't, but because they didn't want to. There is a ton of articles about it.

I really like the 'Adventure' mode, which I don't recall from the PC at release, and the drops absolutely feel better than they did at release on the PC.

#278 User is offline   Sparrohawk 

• Corporal

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:27 AM

Yeah, the adventure mode is generally okay fun, and they redid loot a while back. The idea that a given class should generally get loot that is good for, and corresponds to said class was an idea that took a while to filter through to the developers, I guess. It's depressing, but I feel the game is a lot better since the initial lead developer left. Now you are more likely than not to get class-relevant loot, and legendaries will usually (but not always) get stats that match the character they dropped for. You can also get 'smart drops', which are usually legendaries that are almost tailored for your class, but they're a lot rarer.
"Sir, you are drunk!"

#279 User is offline   Stalker 

• House Knight

Posted 09 September 2014 - 02:01 AM

I knew it was gonna happen, but I lost my hardcore WD and it's a sad, sad day. Playing at lvl 70(41) on torment I difficulty when an elite group with jailer, freeze balls, and waller rocked me. Got jailed, then hit with a freeze ball, then every mob had another freeze ball on me. No time to heal or activate any ability, so I went down with a whimper. Unexpected and quick. I think I'm still in shock.

Good thing destiny comes out tomorrow?

#280 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 21 February 2021 - 06:57 PM

*thread-necro

What'd you guys think of that Diablo IV footage from BlizzCon?

Share this topic:

• 15 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

1. Facebook