• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The new Doctor Who.

#61 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 01 January 2010 - 07:35 PM

did NOT see that coming. quite touching in fact.
meh. Link was dead :(

#62 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 01 January 2010 - 10:05 PM

Trailer for Matt Smith's first year as the Doctor.

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#63 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 02 January 2010 - 04:36 PM

Okay, having finished with watching The End Of Time Part II I have a few comments.

Spoilerific ones of course.

Spoiler

Whether you love him or hate him Russell T. Davies deserves our praise for resurrecting a show we all thought would never live again after the 1980's, and the atrocious TV movie in the early 90's. He made it fresh, new and for the most part very entertaining! I for one loved Davies' Who and think that Tennant will always and forever be my favourite Doctor. Kudos to Mr. Davies...he made me fall in love with a sci-fi show I grew up with all over again. It made me feel like a kid in a candy store when there was a new one to watch. I'm very glad this isn't the end of the Doctor though, that it is only the beginning.

*QT wanders off down the hallway pumping his fist*
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#64 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE

Posted 02 January 2010 - 04:46 PM

but....

Spoiler

meh. Link was dead :(

#65 User is offline   RodeoRanch 

• The Midnight Special
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 02 January 2010 - 07:10 PM

Great finale for the 10th Doctor. I admit I got a little choked up with his "I don't want to go" end line.

But the 11th Doctor looks like a boatload of fun!

#66 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 02 January 2010 - 08:03 PM

Yeah, "I don't want to go" was the perfect line.

Also to Wilf "I would be honored..."

#67 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 02 January 2010 - 08:08 PM

View PostCocoreturns, on 02 January 2010 - 04:46 PM, said:

but....

Spoiler

indeed...

Spoiler

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 02 January 2010 - 08:08 PM

#68 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 03 January 2010 - 04:14 AM

Let's look forward to Matt Smith's 11th Doctor:

First off, i hear tell that the new first season has an overarching plot thread referred to as a "Dark Fairy Tale" as described by Moffatt, which I like the idea of. I have watched that BBC preview for the new series about 5 or 6 times now and every time I watch Matt smith grows on me...and now, at the end of the trailer when he says "Trust me, I'm the Doctor"...I believe him. That's about as much endorsement as I can give him right now, but he holds promise as far as I can tell. The inside of the revamped TARDIS looks BADASS! I do like the new outfit too...the bow tie and combat boots affair, very fun.

What do you guys think?

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 04 January 2010 - 12:05 AM

#69 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 05 January 2010 - 04:51 PM

The new series looks fun, though of course these little previews tell us exactly nothing, other than a few visual titbits, so it's impossible to actually judge anything on the teaser trailer. Still, not long till we can watch it for real :)
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#70 User is offline   Jusentantaka 

• Emperor
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 05 January 2010 - 05:04 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 03 January 2010 - 04:14 AM, said:

Let's look forward to Matt Smith's 11th Doctor:

First off, i hear tell that the new first season has an overarching plot thread referred to as a "Dark Fairy Tale" as described by Moffatt, which I like the idea of. I have watched that BBC preview for the new series about 5 or 6 times now and every time I watch Matt smith grows on me...and now, at the end of the trailer when he says "Trust me, I'm the Doctor"...I believe him. ...

What do you guys think?

Hmph. Had almost the exact opposite reaction - the more he speaks, the more I think how ugly he is. That's gonna be a hell of a hurdle to overcome for me.

#71 User is offline   Stalker 

• House Knight
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 05 January 2010 - 08:22 PM

I don't like him. Then again, I didn't like Tennant when I first saw him.
So for now, I won't expect much and if Smith turns out to be good then I will be happy.

#72 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage

Posted 05 January 2010 - 09:28 PM

Who said the Doctor had to be good-looking? I mean he looks weird and I thought the photos looked odd especially with the outfit but having seen him in motion I reckon it works.
It's his acting that'll make it though... that and how cool he can look running.

Can't wait to see where Moffatt takes it.
I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you.

#73 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 05 January 2010 - 09:56 PM

View Postpolishgenius, on 05 January 2010 - 09:28 PM, said:

Who said the Doctor had to be good-looking? I mean he looks weird and I thought the photos looked odd especially with the outfit but having seen him in motion I reckon it works.
It's his acting that'll make it though... that and how cool he can look running.

Can't wait to see where Moffatt takes it.

Agreed. The Doctor's looks have absolutely nothing to do with how he'll be as an actor. I realize that Tennant was considered a looker for the ladies...but come on.

#74 User is offline   Stalker 

• House Knight
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 05 January 2010 - 11:50 PM

I agree as well, though I still think Smith to be too young, also I wasn't a big fan of his first scene where his style seems very reminsicent of Tennant.

#75 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 06 January 2010 - 05:15 PM

View PostStalker, on 05 January 2010 - 11:50 PM, said:

I agree as well, though I still think Smith to be too young, also I wasn't a big fan of his first scene where his style seems very reminsicent of Tennant.

Indeed, but that was true of Tennant too in his post-regeneration scene. ....the trailer I think gives us a more accurate picture of what we'll get from Smith...

As an aside, Matt Smith was already a question on Jeopardy about the 11th Doctor, the question was something about a Matt smith taking over a role played by Tom Baker and Peter Davidson, and the answer Doctor Who. Not days after Tennant's regeneration! Methinks there arte some DW fans on the question writers at Jeopardy. LOL

#76 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 21 January 2010 - 09:53 PM

I miss David Tennant.

That is all.

#77 User is offline   masan's saddle 

• Emperor
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 08 February 2010 - 04:33 PM

It would appear that Neil Gaiman has confirmed he will be writing an episode of Dr Who.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/16267
Now all the friends that you knew in school they used to be so cool, now they just bore you.
Just look at em' now, already pullin' the plow. So quick to take to grain, like some old mule.

#78 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 20 February 2010 - 06:55 PM

Indeed....one of my fave writers....my head should explode, but I'll remain staid for now.

That said, I think if let's say, Jim Butcher wrote an episode of Doctor Who, my head WOULD explode from the awesome.

#79 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 22 February 2010 - 12:27 AM

Oh man, what a great little teaser trailer just released by the BBC for Easter. LOVE IT!!!! The more I see of Matt Smith, the more I like!

#80 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 19 March 2010 - 12:50 AM

Producer Piers Wenger, at a private screening of the first episode of the Matt Smith/Steven Moffat series of DW, had stated that the BBC are already committed to a second series with Smith come 2011!! Tis good news, on the cusp of the premiere of "The 11th Hour" comes April 3rd in the UK. Can't wait!!

http://gallifreynews...-confirmed.html

Share this topic:

• 91 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users