malazan mafia 34,5 mini but I don't want to be king

#801 User is offline   D'riss 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 08:37 AM

ok
boring coursework is boring, but i'm finally done
goodnight
back in 4 hours to check on thread before work..

#802 User is offline   Gamelon 

• Recruit

Posted 26 November 2008 - 08:39 AM

View PostKorlat, on Nov 26 2008, 07:52 AM, said:

This little exchange is a bit weird, actually. I didn't say that Gam was basing anything on Rashan being defended by an inno, but he seemed to think I was suggesting he was.
Just a bit defensive in tone, the whole way through....

At the time I got confused because you said "As I said, it's a bit grasping at straws [...], to start pointing fingers at people who were defended by a roled inno".

I thought you meant that I found the fact that Rashan was defended by a roled inno incriminating for Rashan.

I know it makes no sense, that's why I said "what?".

#803 User is offline   Korlat 

• Recruit

Posted 26 November 2008 - 08:44 AM

NP. It was just weird, and the rest of your stuff was a bit...I dunno...just defensive.

Like I said, there really is stuff all on you, Gam.

#804 User is offline   Gamelon 

• Recruit

Posted 26 November 2008 - 08:47 AM

View PostKorlat, on Nov 26 2008, 09:44 AM, said:

NP. It was just weird, and the rest of your stuff was a bit...I dunno...just defensive.

Like I said, there really is stuff all on you, Gam.

Anyone you find suspicious? 21 hours is when things should start to get serious.

#805 User is offline   Korlat 

• Recruit

Posted 26 November 2008 - 08:48 AM

My name's come up a bit over the past few pages - mostly low-poster suspicion. Always happens. :rant:

Oh, and night, D'riss!

#806 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 26 November 2008 - 08:55 AM

It's day 2. There's 21.5 hours left of the day.

10 players remain:
Thyrllan, Rashan, Kaschan, D'riss, Korlat, Liosan, Gamelon, Tennes, Fener, Silanah

6 votes needed to lynch
5 votes needed to go to night

2 vote Rashan - Liosan, Gamelon
1 vote Kashan - Rashan
1 vote Fener = Thyrllan

Players who have not voted:
Thyrllan, Kaschan, D'riss, Korlat, Tennes, Fener, Silanah
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#807 User is offline   Korlat 

• Recruit

Posted 26 November 2008 - 08:58 AM

Well, I'm heading out...not sure who to vote for....

Bah. I'll be well back before day deadline if you need my vote. :rant:

Night all!

#808 User is offline   Gamelon 

• Recruit

Posted 26 November 2008 - 09:11 AM

View PostKorlat, on Nov 26 2008, 09:58 AM, said:

Night all!

You don't have to vote if you're not sure, but at least say something besides, "nope, nothing on Gamelon, did my best, tell me who to lynch".

Urgh.

Some thoughts about the Liosan/ninja thing and why I don't like people assuming anything about his innocence because of that:

He didn't just fake-revealed ninja, which is perfectly acceptable, he actually used (and bolded) the ninja kill sentence. That in itself could be a modkilling offense. Now, that's the reason some of you say he's VPI because "a scum would not have taken that chance".

Well, see it the other way: PS didn't mod-kill him when he could have. How do we know it's not because Liosan is scum, as a mod you don't want to have the game lost for evil because of a mod decision. For example, they usually work harder to find replacements and give extensions to non-posting killers than innos.

So, without being any kind of proof of Liosan's guilt, it's not a proof of his innocence either. At least not in my eyes.

#809 User is offline   Silanah 

• Recruit

Posted 26 November 2008 - 09:13 AM

Again, you ran off before i could talk to you yesterday :rant:

@driss - the liosan thing, i meant because you both were posting double posts, hence the double triple post comment in my edit. One thing i especially didnt like though was how you came out and said you dislike basing votes on day1?? wtf where else are you going to base a day 2 vote than what happened the day before. All day you have been covering for rashan, and pushing his idea that liosan /fener/ kaschan are the scum. Thats fishy in itself.

@gamelon - I am not trying to make friends with anybody, i am basing my ideas on liosan being innocent because the chances of him being scum in my opinion are about 25%, and even then givent he nature of a fake reveal on day 1 he is at worst a symp. He fits the bill for that very well, but then so do a lot of people (see above at driss) depending on who we consider to be scum.

I gave you twelve hours rashan and to be perfectly honest i dont think you have helped the case at all, you are pushing to lynch kaschan and seem intent to accuse everybody of this and that, yet your cases are desperate, quoting every post in the hope that length will give them credence. You draw soem good posts, but seriously its day 2 we have 10 players left, worst case we get today and tomorrow and we are done. I cant in any good conscience vote for your case on kaschan when you remain my top suscpect especially when its for a low poster who is impossible to get a read on.

Looking back i also find it odd that thyrllan came jumping out of the woodwork with some very helpful posts just when the tide started to turn against low posters. If rashan is scum i would have thyrllan as his partner and driss his symp.

vote rashan

i made my cases yesterday, and last night, and this morning gamelon summarised them pretty well. There is no other case that has come close today and if people think voting for a non active player is the way to go then fine do so, but i think we are risking the game with a stupid lynch if we do. there is no viable way to get a lead on kaschan unless they post more. Not only that but his lynch and subsequent cf will tell us absolutely nothing about who is linked with him, be it inno or guilty as he has had nearly no interaction with other players than the symp dealing with rashan.

#810 User is offline   Gamelon 

• Recruit

Posted 26 November 2008 - 09:14 AM

View PostGamelon, on Nov 26 2008, 09:47 AM, said:

Anyone you find suspicious? 21 hours is when things should start to get serious.

View PostKorlat, on Nov 26 2008, 09:48 AM, said:

My name's come up a bit over the past few pages - mostly low-poster suspicion.

Bah. I'll be well back before day deadline if you need my vote. ;)

Night all!

Lol, reading these posts in sequences sounds like he finds himself suspicious, but not enough yet for a vote. ;)

And you know what? I agree :rant:

This post has been edited by Gamelon: 26 November 2008 - 09:15 AM

#811 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 26 November 2008 - 09:17 AM

It's day 2. There's 21 hours left of the day.

10 players remain:
Thyrllan, Rashan, Kaschan, D'riss, Korlat, Liosan, Gamelon, Tennes, Fener, Silanah

6 votes needed to lynch
5 votes needed to go to night

3 vote Rashan - Liosan, Gamelon, Silanah
1 vote Kashan - Rashan
1 vote Fener = Thyrllan

Players who have not voted:
Thyrllan, Kaschan, D'riss, Korlat, Tennes, Fener
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#812 User is offline   Silanah 

• Recruit

Posted 26 November 2008 - 09:22 AM

View PostGamelon, on Nov 26 2008, 09:11 AM, said:

Night all!

You don't have to vote if you're not sure, but at least say something besides, "nope, nothing on Gamelon, did my best, tell me who to lynch".

Urgh.

Some thoughts about the Liosan/ninja thing and why I don't like people assuming anything about his innocence because of that:

He didn't just fake-revealed ninja, which is perfectly acceptable, he actually used (and bolded) the ninja kill sentence. That in itself could be a modkilling offense. Now, that's the reason some of you say he's VPI because "a scum would not have taken that chance".

Well, see it the other way: PS didn't mod-kill him when he could have. How do we know it's not because Liosan is scum, as a mod you don't want to have the game lost for evil because of a mod decision. For example, they usually work harder to find replacements and give extensions to non-posting killers than innos.

So, without being any kind of proof of Liosan's guilt, it's not a proof of his innocence either. At least not in my eyes.

i dotn think anyone is taking it as proof of innocence or claiming he is PI. personally if this was a bigger game i would lynch him today and hope someone blocks rashan tonight, but the fact is we havent that many players, and we either go with liosan and hope he was scum, because lets face it chances of a killer fake revealing day 1 are low so at best he is symp and his cf is useless to us as we dont know either way. If rashan wasnt my top suspect i may have voted liosan, his pushing myself and rashan into the spotlight last night was very sympish, given that neither of us said anything about other people not lookign at us, it was simply an accord between ourselves to wait until morning.

We have to assume the best though in this case and just accept the fact that he fake revealed, my anger and dismay at that situation is summed up last night in the post before he went to bed.

If we have two lynches to catch a team evil i will not risk them on kaschan for not posting or liosan who is more than likely inno when i have a player i genuinely believe to be scum.

#813 User is offline   Silanah 

• Recruit

Posted 26 November 2008 - 09:44 AM

View PostD'riss, on Nov 25 2008, 11:45 PM, said:

View PostRashan, on Nov 25 2008, 06:16 PM, said:

2 users lurking and 8 anonymous users on the board altogether?
Stop neglecting your Mafia, people.

some of us try to do work with opne browsers
jeez

and what do I have to say aside from i've said already?
ok, a summary:

Rashan + Silanah- two naturally loudmouther posters, at each other's throats since day 1, taking a break now to let the rest post.
Rashan's getting some heat still. my personal distrust was based on a possible Shadow connection, with shadows CF, that's pretty much gone

Thyr--been quiet for a while but is contributing now. I like
Kas- quiet, content-less, apparently sick. Dislike, due to lack of content
Korlat- quiet, claims "it's his style". Possibly suspicious, but trying to post, I think he claimed RL distractions. IGMEOY, but note vote-worthy yet

Liosan-pulled a Khell Day 1 claiming to be ninja, supposedly to gauge Ano's reaction. Moronic move as inno, but 90% sure he's inno. Makes me hate him, but delays voting for him.

and then there are the three mid-rangers--Tennes, who some claim is my long-lost twin, Gamelon, who's keen on a Rashan lynch, and Fener.
all three basically think alike, as outlined by fener, have been helpful and somewht constructive, while not committing to much beyond the "Rashan's got some things about him, a likely lynch, I'll switch to lynch him"-type stuff.

now, off to do some work...

driss says hes not suspicious of rashan becuase shadow was inno?? they werent paired what difference does it make, i dont know who else is inno, shadow was inno, so how would he know if rashan was innoor not? tenuous at best.

like thyrllan now.

View PostThyrllan, on Nov 25 2008, 11:54 PM, said:

View PostRashan, on Nov 25 2008, 10:25 PM, said:

Fener Part Three

I agree 100%

There is no reason to stop contributing.

Ok this post just seems pointless, he comes in says I agree with liosan.
Nothing of worth, rather ironic considering the point of this post.

Ok after looking through these Fener posts I'm definitely not liking the way he keeps defending Liosan religiously almost and keeps subtly mentionning the fact that he voted kaschan for being a low poster but not actually putting much behind it that may make people follow his lead. So
Vote Fener

View PostRashan, on Nov 25 2008, 11:58 PM, said:

Thyrr- Bravo. We have possible killers... Kaschan-Fener, Fener-Liosan, or my favourite, Liosan-Kaschan with Fener as a symp... Anyone got any comments?

and suddenyl we have all the answers on hand for us to simply pick and choose from. We have one low poster for those that vote for those that dont talk. One medium poster who hasnt done very much suspicious except respond to every post they made being commented on, and liosan who fake ninjaed. So we have a choice of pretty much every type of player, thats a pretty broad brush if you ask me.

View PostRashan, on Nov 26 2008, 12:18 AM, said:

Best killers are killers that don't mention each other or get associated with each other, D'riss. That way, when one's gone, your really back to sqaure one again.

Wanting the three of you to stop such comraderie on thread, rashan? I mean you were saying you were a symp yesterday and now your giving advice to killers? Because, and i know how you respond to this, saying it on thread when its obvious doesnt mean anything isnt an excuse. If you said it, then there is a reason behind it. If i post kilelers shouldnt do this that or the other and said but everyone knows that, then why did i bother posting it int he first place??? if not to make sure the killers knew that or to draw attention to a specific point.

View PostRashan, on Nov 26 2008, 12:26 AM, said:

I've really got quite a bad feeling about Korlat and Gamelon myself too, but I can't find anything hugely incriminating... I would cycle through and present all ther posts but I just can't bring myself to do it.
I don't mean pressure, I mean some kind of twist to the argument. It's just an observation of your playing style. ;)

now there two more players, another low poster who is hard to read for lack of play, and another mid range poster, this time one who doesnt like you and has been on your back since day 1. Thank christ you dont post all their posts, if we wanted to read them all we could do it ourselves. You even say theres nothing incriminating, so why are you bringing them up?

View PostD'riss, on Nov 26 2008, 12:31 AM, said:

of course in another 6 hours Silanah will come back and launch a case on rashan... and then all this will be moot, :rant:

correct, despite your best efforts to push attention onto players barely in the game.

View PostRashan, on Nov 26 2008, 12:33 AM, said:

Damn it lol, I'd forgotten... Well, hopefully my contributions tonight will stay his incredbibly stubborn lynch-typing hand. I do want us to take a look at Kaschan though.

they havent been helpful, they have been comprehensive and nothing more. You have filled the thread with cases based on low postign and recited said posts as some sort of proof. People can judge who hasnt posted, but yous eem to want to make big rambling cases. Your case on fener is soo long hit has three aprts, and involves you commenting on everything he said with a ine comb and putting as much spin on it as you and thyrllan can muster while driss sits there and agrees with you.

View PostD'riss, on Nov 26 2008, 02:23 AM, said:

woot, back earlier. Microwaves FTW

umm, Thyr?
Yes, I am very much liking his participation, especially the lack of focus on Rashan, which is refreshing.
Not sure if i agree with all of his assessments, but I like that he's contributing--he's definitely NOT my no 1 suspect/lynch candidate anymore.

thyrllan is good because he doesnt want to vote off your master??

NOTE - had to remove quotes to get the post to work ;)

#814 User is offline   Silanah 

• Recruit

Posted 26 November 2008 - 10:00 AM

could i cant type :rant:

where di you all go? bastards running off and leaving me...

#815 User is offline   Rashan 

• Recruit

Posted 26 November 2008 - 10:17 AM

I posted low-poster cases because I wanted to get low posters involved. It seemed to work with Thyrllan, did it not? I posted the three lowest poster's cases. I actually don't have a huge amount of suspicion against Fener, as I believe I said in my last post on him, but Thyrllan started analysing so I went along with him to see how it went.
I don't like Kaschan, but like I said, he's sick so I don't agree with a train. Wait till he gets back.
Also, I put out cases on roughly a third of the players left. That's a broad spectrum. Because Fener is the only link between Liosan and Kaschan really, I feel its unlikely that both of them are scum, but I looked at the possibility. Doesn't mean its concrete.
Now, for all I have done, you can lynch me if you want, fire away, I know exactly what my CF will be, and if it'll take the focus off me and help us find the killers, slap a train on me right here and now, but I want you all to actually LOOK at the possibility of other players being killers, because we can only make one or two mistakes here, and we CANNOT assume we got a symp already. I'm not going to defend myself unless its something truly ridiculous this time, because then I'll try go for a case, but the attention is back on me yet AGAIN. Sil, if your a killer (which I doubt, but I think one or two of the people pressing for a lynch on me probably are scum), I'm going to be pissed though.
Atm, that's all I've got to say.
PS: And as I said, scum that don't communicate on thread are scum who are playing a safer game. Like I said, then they can't be linked easily.

#816 User is offline   Silanah 

• Recruit

Posted 26 November 2008 - 10:39 AM

View PostRashan, on Nov 26 2008, 10:17 AM, said:

I posted low-poster cases because I wanted to get low posters involved. It seemed to work with Thyrllan, did it not? I posted the three lowest poster's cases. I actually don't have a huge amount of suspicion against Fener, as I believe I said in my last post on him, but Thyrllan started analysing so I went along with him to see how it went.
I don't like Kaschan, but like I said, he's sick so I don't agree with a train. Wait till he gets back.
Also, I put out cases on roughly a third of the players left. That's a broad spectrum. Because Fener is the only link between Liosan and Kaschan really, I feel its unlikely that both of them are scum, but I looked at the possibility. Doesn't mean its concrete.
Now, for all I have done, you can lynch me if you want, fire away, I know exactly what my CF will be, and if it'll take the focus off me and help us find the killers, slap a train on me right here and now, but I want you all to actually LOOK at the possibility of other players being killers, because we can only make one or two mistakes here, and we CANNOT assume we got a symp already. I'm not going to defend myself unless its something truly ridiculous this time, because then I'll try go for a case, but the attention is back on me yet AGAIN. Sil, if your a killer (which I doubt, but I think one or two of the people pressing for a lynch on me probably are scum), I'm going to be pissed though.
Atm, that's all I've got to say.
PS: And as I said, scum that don't communicate on thread are scum who are playing a safer game. Like I said, then they can't be linked easily.

sorry mate - but there has just been too much for being only half way through day 2. yes you are making cases against low posters and thats all fair enough, but at the same time you are stressing how important each lynch is and at the end of the day voting off a low poster is a gamble. I am inno, i want to win, and for the moment you and liosan are my top suspects. the thing about it is the groups have become so very polarised as well, you have two or three players around you for me (driss and thyrllan), and liosan seems to have the same (fener and kaschan). Worse still those connections have been developed and promoted by the cases you made and by those of thyrlland and driss who seem intent to not look at you and to agree with what your saying.

If we lynch you and you come back inno, fine i take off my hat and think, Mother f***er, but that gives me info for tomorrow and removes certain players from my immeadiate view. If we lynch liosan and he comes back inno, the suspicion is because of his stupid fake on day 1, there arent any real connections to draw beyond that as thats a massive reason for a vote :rant: I CANT lynch liosan, i just cant bring myself to do it. i know theres a chance he is scum but i dotn think he has the balls (no offense) for a day 1 fake reveal, and if he comes up inno then the connections from his lynch are ones you thyrllan and driss propagated and so arent real, they are drawn conclusions.

Likewise if i vote for one of the silent k's then again i get nothing if they come back inno except i know tomorrow i have to do it all over again and you will still be there looking at me, and i will feel like a complete idiot for changing my mind when you are my top suspect. then worst case you are inno and i will lose the game for the innos by spending day 3 hounding you again and it will be all my fault for not trying lynch you day 2 when i may still have the grace of another lynch! Cause tomorrow i would go for you again and i am sure given that you are leading the votes, amny others would as well. Sorry rashan, but i cant let you make it through today, i just cant, because if we lynch someone else and they are inno i will come for you tomorrow again and i cant risk having you an inno and me lynching you day 3. i know that sounds exceptionally stupid, but it makes sense in my mind, your like a big fucking target out in the open with more info and cases on you than anyone else and you drag attention toward you like a lodestone.

Of course people dont have to agree, if people think you are inno then fine vote off kaschan, but the guy isnt even playing, and if he is a killer, yeah i will do a banana dance or two, but i will still be sitting wondering what the hell the other killer is doing. Cause at the end of the day if people dont post, we can threaten and bluster, but actually voting them off, well day 1 is the time for that. If they win cause they never played, i aint gonna feel bad. If you win cause you posted the shit out of the thread and got us to vote off one of the three lowest posters kaschan and korlat and thyrllan i would feel like i was fairly beaten and bow to your skill. If players dont post and the innos lynch each other while they read the thread, i will just think what a bunch of ass monkeys and move on to the next game.

#817 User is offline   Rashan 

• Recruit

Posted 26 November 2008 - 10:47 AM

You really are going to be kicking yourself when I die, Silanah. Meta-comment this may be, but once I'm gone, stop focusing on one player! ;) I genuinely want us to win this. I'm almost tempted to ask for a modkill so we do, but that's not fair on the scum, and I do want this to be a fair game. I really am going to be pissed if we're beaten by low posters because of your stubborness, though. :rant:

#818 User is offline   Gamelon 

• Recruit

Posted 26 November 2008 - 10:48 AM

View PostSilanah, on Nov 26 2008, 11:39 AM, said:

Sorry rashan, but i cant let you make it through today, i just cant, because if we lynch someone else and they are inno i will come for you tomorrow again and i cant risk having you an inno and me lynching you day 3. i know that sounds exceptionally stupid, but it makes sense in my mind, your like a big fucking target out in the open with more info and cases on you than anyone else and you drag attention toward you like a lodestone.

Woa, you have to admire the passion in there...

#819 User is offline   Rashan 

• Recruit

Posted 26 November 2008 - 11:02 AM

P-S, how many hours are left?

#820 User is offline   Silanah 

• Recruit

Posted 26 November 2008 - 11:02 AM

View PostRashan, on Nov 26 2008, 10:47 AM, said:

You really are going to be kicking yourself when I die, Silanah. Meta-comment this may be, but once I'm gone, stop focusing on one player! ;) I genuinely want us to win this. I'm almost tempted to ask for a modkill so we do, but that's not fair on the scum, and I do want this to be a fair game. I really am going to be pissed if we're beaten by low posters because of your stubborness, though. :rant:

damnit i dont see it as stubbornness. in my mind i see you as a killer with thyrllan and driss as your team(not sure which is which there)

i am assuming (big one but i think justified) that liosan is inno.

You three are targetting liosan and those you have linked to them using low posters as the filler.

If your guilty thyr or driss goes tomorrow, if your inno i can clear them two of my immeadite radar and look at the links you made between liosan kaschan and fener knwoign you werent bullshitting me.

Alternatively if i follow your lead and go for fener or kaschan and they come up inno i will vote for you tomorrow morning and it will be liek the start of today except i will be even more convinced of your guilt! problem is you could have made a mistake and then by my voting you off tomorrow, and i think given 3 straight days o fsuspicon by not just me, it would be well justified, we lose the game.

If i push you today and we do lynch you, hoepfully you come back guilty, but if not tomorrow i can look at the other players without the blinkers you are casuing and can hope that i get more luck. I will focus on those you pointed out and the field will be down to seven with worst case 3 evils and then 2 PI. So i need to focus on five players to find three.

Share this topic:

• 77 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

34 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 34 guests, 0 anonymous users