• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia 33 - Heroes: Experiments

#41 User is offline   Serc 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 09:29 AM

nice intro - nah couldnt be bothered with that shit, down to the bees wax people :D

haha well i do watch the show for my sins so i think a little power recap is in order

Characters
-------------
Peter Petrelli - can absorb a persons power by being close to them (Healer, by description, gains abilities of people he heals. Cumulative, doubt its every night as his faction would essentially be impossible to defeat unless he was gotten first)
Claire Bennet - essentially immortal (BP, hopefully not like predator bp, but she cant age or die even when sylar checked her brain out)
Sylar - absorbs power by figuring how things work after looking at a persons brain - death ensues. driven by the hunger (the SK, probably has some form of bp early on as he is on his own, but not necessaryily true as grief did very well as solo cultist a few games back)
Adam Monroe - essentially immortal (same as claire, but can heal people with his blood, so bp healer maybe, add that to claires desc too as a possible though its never used in the show)
Bob Bishop - cant turn stuff to gold (head of the company) - head of the company, leader of a faction, possibly able to give out orders, doubt his power is any use, so recruiter maybe.
Elle Bishop - bobs daughter - can generate lightning - can kill with her power, so possibly company vig.
Noa Bennet - HRG - no powers, but captures mutants with a mutant sidekick, the haitan - obviously a recruiter for the company cult. (Will know claires identity but probably special orders to protect her from everyone).
The Haitian - can nullify powers - guard obviously, probably partnered to noah.
Hiro Nakamura - controls time and space (Many possible roles here, guard yes, healer yes, bp essentially, see the future??)
Ando - sidekick to hiro (RI)
Nathan Petrelli - can fly, is retarded (maybe has a bp from flying out of trouble, and a big jaw to dig people with :D)
Niki Sanders aka Jessica - very strong - Inno vig, given company strength possibly more than 1, i would say 3 at a push.
Matt Parkman - reads minds (finder)
Mohinder Suresh - a dick, sorry a scientist investigating mutation (finder or RI)
Isaac Mendez - paints the future (New role - future boy)
Simone Devaux - makes sweet love to peter and isaac. (RI maybe lover to isaac, part time you dirty dog you)

ok so set up then.

company first as its easiest - their objective is to capture peter, claire, sylar, and adam. So out of 16 people four are in the company and they have four targets, thats half the players!!!!! it says capture, but i assume sedate or night kill works as well. So these guys will push toward lynches certainly and be gunning at night. They could win by night 2 if their targets are not immune to lynches, night kills or capture so thats highly unlikely.

bob - leader
elle - vig
noah - recruiter
haitan - guard.

Peter next - has to kill sylar while claire is alive, so if claire dies his mission is failed?? if he knows her then he wont protect anyone else the whole game, therefore he must NOT know claire at the start or there is no way anyone else will be protected.

sylar - our resident serial killer. bastard whoever got this role. Arguably the hardest role in the game (bar innno's who are just sitting on their todds waiting to join a team). the company has only four out of 12 players to find so each lynch/nk or capture has a 1 in 3 chance to get a target of theirs. Sylar has 2/15 chance of finding his target. Arguably he grows stronger with every kill, but that doesn't offset the fact that a stray nk will end his game and if claire is alive win it for peter.

Game tactic - at the end of the day those of us without winning conditions need to join one of these three places in order to win, and clearly the best one is the company, now where was that paper factory??

#42 User is offline   Serc 

• Recruit

Posted 28 October 2008 - 09:31 AM

View PostEmurlahn, on Oct 28 2008, 08:20 AM, said:

ok.. Good morning..

Now, stop discussing roles!! Gawd. We don't want anyone to be certain they've taken out the killer, the finder or whomever. Stop discussing it. IT does not benefit anyone but Sylar and other killers if any.

@omtose - yeah this advice is such crap i just didnt even recognise it. Discussing roles etc is what this sort of game is all around, you dont want us to know what the setup is because you dont want us figuring out you are sylar and lynching you before you eat our brainz.

#43 User is offline   Emurlahn 

• Recruit

Posted 28 October 2008 - 09:38 AM

View PostSerc, on Oct 28 2008, 10:31 AM, said:

View PostEmurlahn, on Oct 28 2008, 08:20 AM, said:

ok.. Good morning..

Now, stop discussing roles!! Gawd. We don't want anyone to be certain they've taken out the killer, the finder or whomever. Stop discussing it. IT does not benefit anyone but Sylar and other killers if any.

@omtose - yeah this advice is such crap i just didnt even recognise it. Discussing roles etc is what this sort of game is all around, you dont want us to know what the setup is because you dont want us figuring out you are sylar and lynching you before you eat our brainz.

Or I do not think that .. Wait.. erm, I suddenly realised I assumed there to be a cf providing the role of the dead player.. Did I just magically create that assumption? If I did, then yes, discussing roles don't seem to be a problem and I just had a brain fart.

If we are told whether the one who died is Hiro, Parkman or whomever, then I do not think we benefit from discussing roles. Game mechanics on the other hand, is something we should try to figure out.

I think btb that the company can communicate. Their "prisoners" do not really count as being allies I think, so they would need something to protect them.

#44 User is offline   Serc 

• Recruit

Posted 28 October 2008 - 09:47 AM

well the thing is the rules say we cant reduce the chance of our faction getting beat, i dont have one, so i am looking out for a hero...

how corny was that!!! ahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaha

i should be on britain's got talent, except i am not british and i have very little talent.

vote emurlahn

cause we can change our votes - and discouraging discussion is just another way of making day 1 a total waste of time.

#45 User is offline   Emurlahn 

• Recruit

Posted 28 October 2008 - 09:51 AM

View PostSerc, on Oct 28 2008, 10:47 AM, said:

well the thing is the rules say we cant reduce the chance of our faction getting beat, i dont have one, so i am looking out for a hero...

i should be on britain's got talent, except i am not british and i have very little talent.

vote emurlahn

cause we can change our votes - and discouraging discussion is just another way of making day 1 a total waste of time.

That depends entirely and if you'd read my post it seemed I made a false assumption. Had that assumption been correct however, we should not have been discussing what powers the different roles would have. I firmly believe this to be so.

And your jokes always were the suck :D

#46 User is offline   Serc 

• Recruit

Posted 28 October 2008 - 09:52 AM

realistically our best chance of victory is capture, but that stops us using our powers. In the same respect we cant rely on sylar as then we dont get to play and his role is the most difficult. Peter therefore is the best bet to actually play and win, because realistically playing is more fun than winning, which my chances are slowly going down the tubes i know.

Strangely if i was claire, which i am not, i would just come forward, she more than likely has a bp, and peter need only protect her one night for her to join him and then they both have that power. I am not peter either, or sylar trying to fish for stuff. So claire annunces peter saves here, they become best pals and then we all beg for peters protection while sylar tries in vain to kill claire and the company slowly tries to sedate them two through lynching...

Hows that for a tactic?

@god - is this enough attention do you think?

#47 User is offline   Serc 

• Recruit

Posted 28 October 2008 - 09:53 AM

View PostEmurlahn, on Oct 28 2008, 09:51 AM, said:

View PostSerc, on Oct 28 2008, 10:47 AM, said:

vote emurlahn

That depends entirely and if you'd read my post it seemed I made a false assumption. Had that assumption been correct however, we should not have been discussing what powers the different roles would have. I firmly believe this to be so.

And your jokes always were the suck :D

that is so true. Dammit dont alt guess me this early in the morning, i havent woke up enough to care to try and hde behind actually grammar and english!

#48 User is offline   Emurlahn 

• Recruit

Posted 28 October 2008 - 09:54 AM

View PostSerc, on Oct 28 2008, 10:52 AM, said:

@god - is this enough attention do you think?

No. You should threaten to kill Omtose too, just for kicks

#49 User is offline   Mockra 

• Recruit

Posted 28 October 2008 - 09:55 AM

im here just catching up

#50 User is offline   Serc 

• Recruit

Posted 28 October 2008 - 09:56 AM

i cant kill players, much as i wish to as that is my favourite role. On a side note it is now snowing outside. I hate winter.

Hopefully everyone will get on soon.

#51 User is offline   Emurlahn 

• Recruit

Posted 28 October 2008 - 09:57 AM

View PostSerc, on Oct 28 2008, 10:52 AM, said:

realistically our best chance of victory is capture, but that stops us using our powers. In the same respect we cant rely on sylar as then we dont get to play and his role is the most difficult. Peter therefore is the best bet to actually play and win, because realistically playing is more fun than winning, which my chances are slowly going down the tubes i know.

Strangely if i was claire, which i am not, i would just come forward, she more than likely has a bp, and peter need only protect her one night for her to join him and then they both have that power. I am not peter either, or sylar trying to fish for stuff. So claire annunces peter saves here, they become best pals and then we all beg for peters protection while sylar tries in vain to kill claire and the company slowly tries to sedate them two through lynching...

Hows that for a tactic?

The problem with this is that I think Sylar is able to kill Claire. He did it in the future in season 1 after all. His goal in life seems to be the powers of Claire and Peter, and so it would be odd if he could not kill one of them. In addition, if Sylar could not kill Claire, then Claire could reveal day 1 and be safe. Everyone needs her to be alive except for sylar and he can't kill her.

And yeah, the innocent faction sure as hell got the shit end of the stick

#52 User is offline   Emurlahn 

• Recruit

Posted 28 October 2008 - 09:57 AM

edit: double post

This post has been edited by Emurlahn: 28 October 2008 - 09:58 AM

#53 User is offline   Emurlahn 

• Recruit

Posted 28 October 2008 - 10:00 AM

View PostSerc, on Oct 28 2008, 10:56 AM, said:

i cant kill players, much as i wish to as that is my favourite role. On a side note it is now snowing outside. I hate winter.

Hopefully everyone will get on soon.

my jokes aren't as good as I think either, sadly

#54 User is offline   Serc 

• Recruit

Posted 28 October 2008 - 10:03 AM

i would think she has a bp for at least one night though?? she could certainly be sedated, everyone gets sedated in heroes at some point its like a right of passage or something. I think only elle, sylar and nikki though could have nk powers. It would be strange to have to healing powered players if they didn't have a bp. though the healing of others is also a likely so perhaps they can heal themselves or others? That would make sense actually...

#55 User is offline   Emurlahn 

• Recruit

Posted 28 October 2008 - 10:11 AM

View PostSerc, on Oct 28 2008, 11:03 AM, said:

i would think she has a bp for at least one night though?? she could certainly be sedated, everyone gets sedated in heroes at some point its like a right of passage or something. I think only elle, sylar and nikki though could have nk powers. It would be strange to have to healing powered players if they didn't have a bp. though the healing of others is also a likely so perhaps they can heal themselves or others? That would make sense actually...

Good point. Though I find the healing thing sort of unlikely -though I wont rule it out completly- I figure being sedated leaves you free to whatever sort of perverse violation Sylar is going to do to you

#56 User is offline   Emurlahn 

• Recruit

Posted 28 October 2008 - 10:12 AM

View PostMockra, on Oct 28 2008, 10:55 AM, said:

im here just catching up

There's about a full page worth of posts. And it's early early day 1 banter. Does it really take this long to catch up? Come on, I need someone apart from Serc to talk to.

#57 User is offline   Serc 

• Recruit

Posted 28 October 2008 - 10:14 AM

i mean sedation as in lynching as thats what its called :D Somehow i don't think sylar could target people removed from the game, if the role was revealed it would be too easy for him to just examine the bodies knowing what powers he would get. unless you know something i don't?

#58 Guest_Barghast_*

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 28 October 2008 - 10:17 AM

I'm online for 40 minutes or so. But then back to work until around 2ish, so I shall keep you company for a while.

#59 User is offline   Emurlahn 

• Recruit

Posted 28 October 2008 - 10:19 AM

View PostSerc, on Oct 28 2008, 11:14 AM, said:

i mean sedation as in lynching as thats what its called :D Somehow i don't think sylar could target people removed from the game, if the role was revealed it would be too easy for him to just examine the bodies knowing what powers he would get. unless you know something i don't?

No, I thought you meant sedation as in capture. In the show, the company men always sedated whomever they captured.. Or used the blocking guy come to think of it. I figured you meant Sylar stepping in there. The people who're lynched or killer are gone from the game unless we're on a whole new level of mindfuck.

When that is said though, I don't have an end to all the things I know that you do not

#60 User is offline   Ruse 

• Recruit

Posted 28 October 2008 - 10:23 AM

I would joke vote you Serc, but you have actually made the game understandable.

I'm not too sure on the bit of having the company kill it's recruits. I wonder if the players have to follow the company line while they are captured.

I guess the only role I wouldn't want is Clair's. I think I would have a nervous breakdown from everybody trying to get me.

Share this topic:

• 190 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users