• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia 33 - Heroes: Experiments

#21 User is offline   Shadow 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 02:02 AM

lol, no probs, the summary was more for myself that anything.
I just put my thought process in writing, and that way it makes more sense to me..
Claire's the Cheerleader with Wolverine-like powers, right?

#22 Guest_Barghast_*

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 28 October 2008 - 02:04 AM

She has healing powers, essentially, yes. I wonder how that will affect Sylar's abilities in particular.

#23 Guest_Barghast_*

Posted 28 October 2008 - 02:16 AM

Well I'm afraid I must be off, I have work in 5 hours. Night, all.

#24 User is offline   Shadow 

• Recruit

Posted 28 October 2008 - 02:20 AM

by "all" you must refer to...me, :D

sigh, once again, i am all alone..

#25 User is offline   Thyrllan 

• Recruit

Posted 28 October 2008 - 02:30 AM

Checking in. Kind of caught off guard by the start, and the rules are ... interesting.

Let's hope this doesn't wind up as a LOST-style mess.

#26 User is offline   Shadow 

• Recruit

Posted 28 October 2008 - 02:39 AM

well, Gem's modding this and she seems to dislike the idea of changing rules mid-game... which is what caused the LOST game to blow up.

So I don't see that happening
i think it's important to try to rationalize what we know of the set up in mre familiar Mafia terms. if we are to come up with strategies, we need to be able to use operationalized definitions to do so.

#27 User is offline   Fener 

• Recruit

Posted 28 October 2008 - 02:52 AM

View PostShadow, on Oct 28 2008, 02:39 AM, said:

well, Gem's modding this and she seems to dislike the idea of changing rules mid-game... which is what caused the LOST game to blow up.

So I don't see that happening
i think it's important to try to rationalize what we know of the set up in mre familiar Mafia terms. if we are to come up with strategies, we need to be able to use operationalized definitions to do so.

Hi guys I am still reading up and trying to understand this game. Any pointers would be much appreciated.

#28 User is offline   Ruse 

• Recruit

Posted 28 October 2008 - 02:57 AM

Yea I'm here now also. I know the main people from watching a few of the shows, but I need to do a bit of reading to figure out the rest of the players.

#29 User is offline   Shadow 

• Recruit

Posted 28 October 2008 - 03:01 AM

well, don't look at me for character advice, lol
wikipedia may help
I'm making food now, so i'll be gone for the next half hour

#30 User is offline   Fener 

• Recruit

Posted 28 October 2008 - 03:01 AM

I watched the first season and half of season two. There are endless amounts of possibilities here. Endless :sabre:

#31 User is offline   Ruse 

• Recruit

Posted 28 October 2008 - 03:08 AM

Been reading the Wiki stuff, this game could go anywhere.

#32 User is offline   Fener 

• Recruit

Posted 28 October 2008 - 03:19 AM

Hiro must be a healer or reviver of the dead. Go back in time and save somebody night killed the night before. This might be awkward though like when you make physical contact with another man by accident. Intimate horror transcends.

Or perhaps from the lynch???

This post has been edited by Fener: 28 October 2008 - 03:20 AM

#33 User is offline   Fener 

• Recruit

Posted 28 October 2008 - 03:24 AM

Isaac and Matt have to be the finders but with a catch. They have to be recruited to be of any use. Possible bollocks talk again by me. :D

#34 User is offline   Shadow 

• Recruit

Posted 28 October 2008 - 03:32 AM

I think it's safe to assume that Claire would be a BP
also, that Sylar will kill and Peter will heal
The paired people someone mentioned earlier may be lovers (know the other person, get recruited with them), so for example if Hiro is recruited, so is Ando.
maybe

btw, god bless the primitive genius who discovered that eggs are edble.

#35 User is offline   Shadow 

• Recruit

Posted 28 October 2008 - 04:39 AM

well, no one seems to be around
yawn
i've gotta go to bed, back before work in about 6 hours.

#36 User is offline   D'riss 

• Recruit

Posted 28 October 2008 - 06:56 AM

I am sorry but :D

Jeez this has to be the highest damn TMDI on a game to date!
Sorry I should say something about people what not, but this setup has me speechless.

Will come back a little more sober/less hungover

#37 Guest_Barghast_*

Posted 28 October 2008 - 08:14 AM

Alas, I feel like utter rubbish this morning. Which doesn't help my attempts to figure this one out.
I don't think there are paired "innos" in this game, that would be too easy for the recruiters.
The only way I can convert it into normal game terms (see mafia 31):
Peter= Triad recruiter
Sylar= Faceless Man/Killer(I'm not sure which yet)
The Company= Another, slightly larger cult.
Claire= The equivalent of the prize.

This would, in my mind leave Peter at a disadvantage because of his lack of numbers, but that's just idle speculation.

#38 User is offline   Emurlahn 

• Recruit

Posted 28 October 2008 - 08:20 AM

ok.. Good morning..

Now, stop discussing roles!! Gawd. We don't want anyone to be certain they've taken out the killer, the finder or whomever. Stop discussing it. IT does not benefit anyone but Sylar and other killers if any.

#39 User is offline   Omtose 

• Recruit

Posted 28 October 2008 - 08:26 AM

I'm going to blatantly disregard part of the "don't speculate, keep silent!" urge other players have expressed.
I think speculation on the set-up can only be helpful.

Win-conditions.

Sylar can kill players. If you are killed by Sylar, you become a part of him, and win when he wins. The exception is Peter Petrelli and Claire Bennet. Sylar wins when Peter Petrelli and Claire Bennet are both dead.

Sylar's is simple enough: kill everyone who matters, anyone taken out will not come back.

Peter Petrelli can protect players. When he saves someone - which happens when they are attacked but his protection saves them - they become aware of him and will win when Peter wins. Peter wins when Sylar is killed and Claire is still alive. Peter does not have to be alive to win.

Peter's victory condition/ recruiting mechanic looks tough unless he can target multiple people at night and/or there are multiple killers at night.
He does not have to save from Sylar, he has to save from kills (or attacks, which can be a broader application, and would make his life easier).
Even then, his recruiting dynamic seems to be overridden by Sylar's and possibly by Company's as well.

Bob Bishop and other company players can capture players. When you are captured, you cannot be protected by Peter Petrelli, and you don't count as saved. But you can still be killed. If you are captured and have an ability, you can't use your abilities while in captivity - but you can trade your night actions for an escape - which means you can't use your night actions the day and night following the escape.

The Company: Bob Bishop, Elle Bishop, Alan Monroe, Noah Bennet and The Haitian have all been associated with the Company in the past. 5 out of 16 is a lot, though.
Then again, people can escape from them, so the only two ways I see for the Company to maintain control over their captures are these:
1) lynch whoever you captured (and being with 5 then makes sense). Gem more or less stated that in the rules:

But if you are killed by any other means, your last position determines how you win. If you were saved before you died, you win when Peter Petrelli wins, but if you were captured when you died, you win when the company wins. Some players have their own winning condition. Those are overridden by new winning conditions when a player is saved by Peter/captured/killed by Sylar.
So, the best bet for the Company is to lynch, or people will escape.
2) give them a dose of memory loss and temporarily take them out of the game.

Different win-conditions:
I think Noah Bennet applies for this; he's likely to be a company man but he's also Claire's father, I can't see him winning when she is captured by the Company. Adam Monroe springs to mind as well (kill Hiro?)

That's my contribution, for now. I have a meeting soon, will be back early in the afternoon.

#40 User is offline   Emurlahn 

• Recruit

Posted 28 October 2008 - 08:29 AM

View PostOmtose, on Oct 28 2008, 09:26 AM, said:

I'm going to blatantly disregard part of the "don't speculate, keep silent!" urge other players have expressed.
I think speculation on the set-up can only be helpful.

I would think the difference in speculating about roles and speculating about game mechanics to be quite substantial. But what do I know.

Share this topic:

• 190 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users