What's messing with your groove?

#27621 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 25 January 2021 - 05:24 PM

View PostAptorian, on 24 January 2021 - 03:33 PM, said:

I think I've overdosed on caffeine.

I drank a monster energy drink earlier and about an hour ago I drank about a litre of this iced coffee stuff they had on sale at the supermarket. It tasted so good I didn't even stop to think whether there was actual caffeine in the stuff.

I don't normally drink energy drinks or coffee. Now I'm intensely uncomfortable in my skin and I've got a developing headache. Uhhh. Is this how I die?

View PostCyphon, on 24 January 2021 - 04:09 PM, said:

Who had caffeine overdose in the pool?

*checks*
I had Red Bull n vodka martinis, naked, livestreaming, with Morgan Freeman narrating, does that count?
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#27622 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 25 January 2021 - 05:50 PM

Energy drinks have been pussified over time. I remember drinking maybe 1/4 of a 16 oz can for an energy brand that is no longer available (around the mid aughts), and I swear my heart rate starting racing and I got a ringing in my ears. Energy drinks don't do that anymore. Probably a good thing.

#27623 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 25 January 2021 - 06:21 PM

I can’t drink Red Bull. I had so many Jager Bombs in college I can’t drink it without tasting Jager.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#27624 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 25 January 2021 - 06:42 PM

I'm still alive. Thank you for your heartfelt concerns.

I don't like Red bull, they taste bad (when not mixed with Jægerr Meister and vodka) and absurdly overpriced.

I like green Monster energy though. They taste like they're striping the enamel of my teeth when I drink them.

#27625 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 26 January 2021 - 07:07 PM

A friend of a friend asked me 4 times for about $25 to get a ride to and from work. I know him a little and figured he was telling me the truth, so I didn't mind because he said he'd pay me back imminently.

As you likely figured out, he was lying and will never pay me back. After talking with my friend in a group chat, it turns out the other guy had asked multiple people in our group individually for money and either had gotten some or been turned down.

My friend told everyone in the group not to lend the other guy money and said that it was a pathological lying problem that is partially driven by schizophrenia, partially a drug problem, and mostly him being an asshole.

I don't expect my money back. I did message the guy to say this didn't feel good, that I don't like being lied to, and that I would like to be paid back. No response for two weeks plus and there will likely never be a response.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#27626 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 26 January 2021 - 07:53 PM

I always think about such situations as a good investment. You paid 25 dollars to discern whether this person in your social circle is trustworthy or worth being around. The answer is no, and now you never have to concern yourself with the person again.

It could have been so much worse but the information only cost you 25 USD.

#27627 User is offline   Binder of Demons 

• Lord of Light
  • View gallery
  • - Thread Killer -

Posted 26 January 2021 - 08:18 PM

Slowly going mad from the constant lockdowns here in Ireland. I'm self employed, but my area of work (photography/video/film lighting) has all but disappeared in my part of the country. Financially i'm ok, but the lack of any prospective work for the foreseeable future is wearing thin. If I had my own studio space I could be messing around with stuff, but I don't even have the space in the house so its frustrating.

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain

Never argue with an idiot!
They'll drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!
- Anonymous

#27628 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 26 January 2021 - 09:02 PM

View PostAptorian, on 26 January 2021 - 07:53 PM, said:

I always think about such situations as a good investment. You paid 25 dollars to discern whether this person in your social circle is trustworthy or worth being around. The answer is no, and now you never have to concern yourself with the person again.

It could have been so much worse but the information only cost you 25 USD.

Cost me 100 dollars and everyone else combined about 160.

#27629 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 26 January 2021 - 09:09 PM

Oh wait this was four times? Amphibian you're a much kinder, patient and generous person than me.

#27630 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 26 January 2021 - 09:13 PM

I know what it's like to not have a reliable way to get to work or home. It stinks and unfortunately, someone I loosely know used that against me.

Thank you for the kind words and I do subscribe to the idea that he's not someone I'm going to be around.

#27631 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 26 January 2021 - 09:35 PM

I believe in helping a person when they are down, I've certainly had times where I was dead broke and relied on friends and family. But I never took advantage of that generosity and more importantly, I'd never borrow money from somebody and not pay them back or at least inform them about my intentions to pay them back.

Actually, I've never borrowed money from a friend that I can recall. It's a thing I've always been certain was the bain of friendships. I'd rather starve.

#27632 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 26 January 2021 - 10:22 PM

I believe that friends can and should readily give assistance and return it at some point. It goes back and forth in mutual support. I've tried to be that person for several and it's worked well.

Asking a friend for help is a good thing to do, provided that they can give it without being hurt themselves. Offering help is similarly good.

#27633 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 27 January 2021 - 08:25 AM

I've borrowed money from and loaned money to friends plenty of times.
But only friends I know well and trust inherently, and vice versa. I've never been burned thankfully, that I can recall anyway. I have had guys I work with ask me for money at work, be it for lunch or their ride home, I've just said no. I don't know you well, you aren't getting my money. It's usually the same guys, asking for money off everyone on a Monday, paying them back on a Friday when they get paid.
Here's an idea, for one fucking weekend don't go spunk your wages at the pub and bookies, then you won't be broke on a Monday

#27634 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 27 January 2021 - 08:39 PM

This is something that has been around for sometime, at least from my experience. I'm surprised no one has harsh grooved on it before (I haven't seen it anyway). And that is - shorts in winter? Just why? I mean, I can countenance shorts when we have a sunny, reasonably warm day for January. But, morning after 6 inches of snow, still over cast with light flakes falling, temps in the single digits (℉) and shovelling snow. Why... just... no. Are you trying to maximize your contribution to the cold/flu season or something?

#27635 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 27 January 2021 - 09:28 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 27 January 2021 - 08:39 PM, said:

This is something that has been around for sometime, at least from my experience. I'm surprised no one has harsh grooved on it before (I haven't seen it anyway). And that is - shorts in winter? Just why? I mean, I can countenance shorts when we have a sunny, reasonably warm day for January. But, morning after 6 inches of snow, still over cast with light flakes falling, temps in the single digits (℉) and shovelling snow. Why... just... no. Are you trying to maximize your contribution to the cold/flu season or something?

Because:
1) I dont like long pants.
2) The cold doesn't bother me.
3) cold has nothing to do with the cold/flu season, its related to people spending more time indoors in close proximity, afaik.
4) who the fuck are you do tell me how to dress.
5) thats about it.
6) I feel like the list should be longer.
7) there's no rancor here, just yanking your chain.

Anyway, people that are messing with my mood: Experts 'hired' to do things 'the best way' that leave you with absolutely trashed install that would have been better for you to have done in the first place.

This post has been edited by Obdigore: 27 January 2021 - 09:29 PM

Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#27636 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 29 January 2021 - 08:29 AM

Potential redundancy looming over our practice area.

Government is reforming the law around claims to make it so that fast track starts at claims of £5001, anything lower is small claims track. Which means defendant insurer isn't responsible for usual costs in a fast track matter, meaning they're likely to be unprofitable to run.

There are a few ways this might turn around but the government's attitude of "we don't care that nothing is ready for this it's happening anyway" is going to be a shitter.

Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#27637 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 02 February 2021 - 06:07 PM

Well, last night gave us something called "Courtside Karen". I don't know the woman's politics, but the incident at the Lakers/Hawks game does an excellent job of distilling everything that is wrong with where our society is in relationship to social media. Hey look at me, I'm breaking into the capital building and taking a shit on the seat of democracy. Gonna put those pics on my Facebook time line / IG. Hey look at me, I'll heckle a 'woke' basketball player in an arena with a reduced number of fans in attendance because of the pandemic. Which will allow me to be court side and get all the cameras on me in my Housewives of Atlanta makeup and gaudy fashion. I'll then be able to have everyone run to my <stupidfuck social media acct here> and get my side of what happened. Fuck these people, fuck social media, fuck us for letting our brains to be rewired that we think this is the way to gain some form of celebrity and get dumbshit rep points / likes / mentions / clicks, what ever stupid ass positive reinforcement for our frail egos. Fuck all that shit. We need an EMP nuclear bomb world-wide that destroys this stupid shit so we have to start over.

*phew Sorry guys, had to vent. Posted Image

#27638 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 03 February 2021 - 07:19 PM

So my sister (who people who have been following along know blocked me on FB because I dared to question her weird anti-mask and anti-govt rhetoric)...didn't phone/text me for my birthday. Which is fine, I think I honestly didn't expect her to...but it really feels like the nail in that coffin for the relationship. So it's rough. That said, my niece, who I KNEW was not on board with her mothers dismissal of me or the pandemic...texted me happy bday. So at the very least I have that.

Still. After 44 years for your sibling to sign off your relationship because the news circles she runs in have fully radicalized her...is upsetting.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#27639 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 03 February 2021 - 09:09 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 03 February 2021 - 07:19 PM, said:

So my sister (who people who have been following along know blocked me on FB because I dared to question her weird anti-mask and anti-govt rhetoric)...didn't phone/text me for my birthday. Which is fine, I think I honestly didn't expect her to...but it really feels like the nail in that coffin for the relationship. So it's rough. That said, my niece, who I KNEW was not on board with her mothers dismissal of me or the pandemic...texted me happy bday. So at the very least I have that.

Still. After 44 years for your sibling to sign off your relationship because the news circles she runs in have fully radicalized her...is upsetting.

I mean, it's been a long time coming and from what I know, it's for the best, but that's still rough. Hope you're ok.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#27640 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 04 February 2021 - 12:18 AM

Sad to hear that, QT. This stuff is eating people.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

Share this topic:

• 1521 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

5 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users