• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What's messing with your groove?

#26541 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 07 November 2019 - 06:11 PM

I've found that a slightly damp dish towel or large rag that's dish towel size is a very, very effective thing to kill random wasps flying out of a nest that's being attacked. The dampness allows for accurate hits and it's very easy to tuck into a back pocket while both hands are occupied.

Also allows for picking up of possibly dangerous things without using bare hands.

In last resort, it can be used to flail around one's head to prevent face or ear attacks by the wasps.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#26542 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 08 November 2019 - 07:39 AM

I usually just scream in a high pitched voice and wait for Laura to save me.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#26543 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 08 November 2019 - 09:00 AM

It's snowing outside. It's too fucking early!
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#26544 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 08 November 2019 - 09:52 AM

View PostMorgoth, on 08 November 2019 - 09:00 AM, said:

It's snowing outside. It's too fucking early!

??? I thought snow was what Norway actually "did", and the fine weather I experienced was simply because I was there.

;)

Messing with my groove now? That was over 9 years ago ... :(

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 08 November 2019 - 09:53 AM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#26545 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 09 November 2019 - 03:43 PM

Cyclone here. Its been raining non stop since yesterday.

#26546 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 09 November 2019 - 04:54 PM

Stay safe, Ando.
Puck was not birthed, she was cleaved from a lava flow and shaped by a fierce god's hands. - [worry]
Ninja Puck, Ninja Puck, really doesn't give a fuck..? - [King Lear]

#26547 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 10 November 2019 - 12:40 AM

Nov-Oct
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#26548 User is offline   Andorion 

• God

Posted 10 November 2019 - 02:16 AM

Cyclone passed overnight, nothing too bad, some damage.

Cyclone season here is late September to November though we did get one in August this year.

#26549 User is offline   Andorion 

• God

Posted 11 November 2019 - 04:17 AM

View PostBfuckinK, on 11 November 2019 - 03:12 AM, said:

What is up with YouTube? Why the fuck is it being so stupid the past 2 months!? Any vid I click I get an "invalid response" blank white page.

It's pissing me off. I want to watch some Death Stranding reviews.

Worked for me last night.... maybe its your app?

#26550 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 13 November 2019 - 05:14 PM

Apparently, I'm the Department of Problem Solving for all of my mother's friends.

Also, we're having people from back home visiting us and my mother's just discovered she cannot deal with people staying over for more than two days. I'd be amused if that didn't mean I have to take care of stuff and if I hadn't inherited this dislike for too much business in my living space. Fun all around.

This post has been edited by Puck: 13 November 2019 - 05:15 PM

Puck was not birthed, she was cleaved from a lava flow and shaped by a fierce god's hands. - [worry]

#26551 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 14 November 2019 - 10:35 AM

Double post: too many people in the house, it's gone to my stomach and I can't eat anything without it coming back up. As much as I love those people, I can't wait until they go elsewhere for the weekend. Ugh.

#26552 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 14 November 2019 - 03:43 PM

View PostPuck, on 13 November 2019 - 05:14 PM, said:

Apparently, I'm the Department of Problem Solving for all of my mother's friends.

Also, we're having people from back home visiting us and my mother's just discovered she cannot deal with people staying over for more than two days. I'd be amused if that didn't mean I have to take care of stuff and if I hadn't inherited this dislike for too much business in my living space. Fun all around.

View PostPuck, on 14 November 2019 - 10:35 AM, said:

Double post: too many people in the house, it's gone to my stomach and I can't eat anything without it coming back up. As much as I love those people, I can't wait until they go elsewhere for the weekend. Ugh.

Y'know... your problem can also be your solution.
Just saying, some fava beans, a nice Chianti, a really big stock pot...
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#26553 User is offline   Andorion 

• God

Posted 14 November 2019 - 04:22 PM

I can relate very hard on the wishing-people-would-leave-or-at-least-stop-talking-so-much feeling

#26554 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 15 November 2019 - 12:51 PM

Oh god. We are applying for schools for my son to start next September. It's awful - basically I want him to go to the school 5 minutes down the road from where we live. It's an average school; not bad but not amazing. I mainly want him to go there for logistical reasons and because it's an alright school. There are better ones in the area but they will be a pain to get to each morning and chances are we won't get a place anyway as we have this school closer. If you ask advice from people it is just a minefield depending on their social class and political persuasion! Can someone with kids in primary school in the UK just tell me it will be ok, please?!
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#26555 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 15 November 2019 - 02:08 PM

View PostAndorion, on 14 November 2019 - 04:22 PM, said:

I can relate very hard on the wishing-people-would-leave-or-at-least-stop-talking-so-much feeling

As I said, I like those people, they basically raised me as much as my mother did as they had two sons my age and we could all be bundled off to the kindergarten together. And I haven't seen them in a looong time. But having guests brings in OTHER people as well, who also want to see them and now our place is the home base everything happens at and nobody gets how I'm not a social person and how all the noise is making my nerves scream. Also, the kitchen is MY domain! I can't stand anyone weaseling in there trying to find stuff and asking me at the same time while I'm trying to make dinner. Maybe it's easier to deal with if one is used to a "big family" kind of situation but my family is very small even when taking into consideration that most of it is in another country and we're all born loners.

This post has been edited by Puck: 15 November 2019 - 02:10 PM

#26556 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 17 November 2019 - 08:46 AM

And now these idiots have missed their bus to Amsterdam. I can't with my life sometimes.

#26557 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 17 November 2019 - 04:01 PM

View PostBfuckinK, on 16 November 2019 - 05:50 PM, said:

John Bell Edwards campaign txt getting on my ever last fucking nerve! Invasive motherfuckers got my number and now I getting txt everyday since October.

You can opt out of those...
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#26558 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 17 November 2019 - 08:57 PM

Mezla I’m not in the uk but I feel your pain. No matter what choice you go with, if you’re anything like me you will still beat yourself up about maybe making the wrong choice for the wrong reasons. Just remember that the educational culture at home is a huge part of their success, even if it isn’t the best school you will make sure kiddo does well.
Error: Signature not valid

#26559 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 17 November 2019 - 09:18 PM

View PostMezla PigDog, on 15 November 2019 - 12:51 PM, said:

Oh god. We are applying for schools for my son to start next September. It's awful - basically I want him to go to the school 5 minutes down the road from where we live. It's an average school; not bad but not amazing. I mainly want him to go there for logistical reasons and because it's an alright school. There are better ones in the area but they will be a pain to get to each morning and chances are we won't get a place anyway as we have this school closer. If you ask advice from people it is just a minefield depending on their social class and political persuasion! Can someone with kids in primary school in the UK just tell me it will be ok, please?!

It will be fine! We sent ours to the village school; it's a 5 minute walk. It's a bit of a churchy school, but it's a nice size and the teachers seem keen and they enjoy going there. A few parents move their kids from school to school if they don't think they're doing well, or if they don't get on with the teachers, but at their age? I can't see that there would be a lot of difference. They all have the same curriculum.
There's a busier, slightly bigger school across town a bit where some have moved to, but it seems to be more of a problem with the parents - they give their kids a couple of years, and if the school says they're not doing as well as the parents think they should, they blame the school and take them out.

Have a look, go and see what you think, and make your mind up. Being near is a HUGE bonus when you've got work and it's raining and you've got stuff to get ready; or there's after school clubs, parents evenings, or even if they leave their reading book or lunch at home and you want to drop it in when you find it.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 17 November 2019 - 09:20 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#26560 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 19 November 2019 - 05:19 PM

View PostBfuckinK, on 19 November 2019 - 04:37 PM, said:

How can any human have eyes that large?

Duct tape.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

Share this topic: