• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What's messing with your groove?

#29041 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 30 September 2022 - 11:00 PM

View PostRenewed For 2 More Seasons, on 30 September 2022 - 10:52 PM, said:

If it's any consolation, there's not going to be an "after" the pandemic.

In all seriousness I do think the US will have an intra-nasal vaccine or other drug that effectively stops the vast majority of transmission (for those who take it) within the next two years... which many people probably won't bother taking, but at least I'll be protected (though with non-pan-coronavirus intra-nasal vaccines there will almost certainly still be significant risk, especially from other or novel variants... the new drug I posted about in the covid thread is expected to be effective against all variants).

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 30 September 2022 - 11:00 PM

#29042 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 01 October 2022 - 10:55 PM

Realized that the blacklight at the fetish party will probably make the otherwise invisible blood stains on my faux fur shine... could do leather instead but I'd have to protect it from the rain. Don't have anything on hand to protect my leather pants except for some large plastic bags (... trash bags, etc.). Guess I could try to find something at a local store in the next few hours....

(Blood stains might be appropriate for 'Halloween' season but for this... I'd rather not. Plus they might be assumed to be other bodily fluids.)

That plus the risk of wind blown rain (strong wind gusts from the remnants of the tropical storm) getting my mask wet (and thus rendering it less effective) have me leaning towards not going... even though I've been (painfully) electrocuting my abs for the last three and a half hours to get ready (I'll keep going for at least another hour and a half no matter what...).

Plus I thought I knew where my old watches were (no smartphones or recording devices allowed at the party), but they're not there... particularly my ancient waterproof Rolex. (Might be just as well though, since people around here have been getting mugged for fancy watches.)

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 01 October 2022 - 10:56 PM

#29043 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 02 October 2022 - 12:20 AM

A party where the pre game is to electrocute abs, put blood stains in clothes, and not realize that the blood is going to look like ejaculate under the black light sounds like hilariously intense work.

Moving to me:

My unofficial housemate, Andrew, 29 years old, has had his 50+ year old Hungarian sugar mama in town for a few days. She was supposed to leave this morning. She has not.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#29044 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 04 October 2022 - 06:22 PM

View PostCancelled, on 29 September 2022 - 08:09 PM, said:

PF I very much hope y’all came out ok on this one. Hope you have enough help with the clean up if not. I was really struck hearing Cantore and crew more or less kicking themselves on how difficult this one proved to track going way further south then Tampa. I’ve never heard anything like that from them. You can tell it was weighing on them and now reports are they may have a substantial lose of life. Fuck I hope that proves untrue.

I appreciate your concerns, I know you've been through this too. My house is almost completely intact. We lost very few shingles (which stunned me) and no water came in that I can tell yet. A big Live oak tree came down and took out half my pool cage but only brushed against the house for minimal damage, I think. We must've been on the northeast side of the eye the whole time. We never got a calm of the eye going over. That son of a bitch sat on us with (so I hear) 130 mph wind for 7 to 8 hours straight. Got bad at about 3pm and didn't get noticeably calmer till 10 or 11. No power, internet or water. Trees down everywhere. I've got months of work ahead. Glad it's not August but it still gets warm in the house. My 18 year old generator that I got after Charlie in '04 gave out yesterday so had to go get another. Keeping fridges going, phones charging, fan etc. After saying all that, we feel lucky. Many people fared much worse, some with newer houses than ours. Hurricane winds can seem so flukey. I can get online at work, at least. Getting power back is the big relief we need most now. A few people have heard Friday for my area. Really hoping for sooner...

#29045 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 04 October 2022 - 06:32 PM

View Postamphibian, on 02 October 2022 - 12:20 AM, said:

A party where the pre game is to electrocute abs, put blood stains in clothes, and not realize that the blood is going to look like ejaculate under the black light sounds like hilariously intense work.

Moving to me:

My unofficial housemate, Andrew, 29 years old, has had his 50+ year old Hungarian sugar mama in town for a few days. She was supposed to leave this morning. She has not.

Still there?
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#29046 User is offline   Cyphon 

• Cagey Bastard of TQB
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 04 October 2022 - 09:08 PM

View PostAbyss, on 04 October 2022 - 06:32 PM, said:

Moving to me:

Still there?

Abyss, Amph did say he wanted you to leave.
Para todos todo, para nosotros nada.

MottI'd always pegged you as more of an Ublala

#29047 User is offline   Briar King 

• High Fist
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 04 October 2022 - 09:48 PM

View Postparan falcon, on 04 October 2022 - 06:22 PM, said:

PF I very much hope y’all came out ok on this one. Hope you have enough help with the clean up if not. I was really struck hearing Cantore and crew more or less kicking themselves on how difficult this one proved to track going way further south then Tampa. I’ve never heard anything like that from them. You can tell it was weighing on them and now reports are they may have a substantial lose of life. Fuck I hope that proves untrue.

I appreciate your concerns, I know you've been through this too. My house is almost completely intact. We lost very few shingles (which stunned me) and no water came in that I can tell yet. A big Live oak tree came down and took out half my pool cage but only brushed against the house for minimal damage, I think. We must've been on the northeast side of the eye the whole time. We never got a calm of the eye going over. That son of a bitch sat on us with (so I hear) 130 mph wind for 7 to 8 hours straight. Got bad at about 3pm and didn't get noticeably calmer till 10 or 11. No power, internet or water. Trees down everywhere. I've got months of work ahead. Glad it's not August but it still gets warm in the house. My 18 year old generator that I got after Charlie in '04 gave out yesterday so had to go get another. Keeping fridges going, phones charging, fan etc. After saying all that, we feel lucky. Many people fared much worse, some with newer houses than ours. Hurricane winds can seem so flukey. I can get online at work, at least. Getting power back is the big relief we need most now. A few people have heard Friday for my area. Really hoping for sooner...

Do you need help? I can attempt to make a trip once more roads are clear, if I can work things out properly here with the kids.
Drive by bye bye king on my dumb horse

#29048 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 04 October 2022 - 10:07 PM

Moving to me:

Still there?

She left late Sunday.

Honestly, she's not bad in a tanning booth and ciggies way and was decently pleasant. But I was peeved about having to be out of the house with two dogs for significantly longer than expected to give them their privacy.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#29049 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 05 October 2022 - 02:42 AM

View PostCyphon, on 04 October 2022 - 09:08 PM, said:

Moving to me:

Still there?

Abyss, Amph did say he wanted you to leave.

Jokes on him, i'm not Hungarian.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#29050 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 05 October 2022 - 03:07 AM

At a certain age, we gotta start recognizing them as sugar grammas and grandpas.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#29051 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 05 October 2022 - 01:09 PM

View PostCancelled, on 04 October 2022 - 09:48 PM, said:

View Postparan falcon, on 04 October 2022 - 06:22 PM, said:

Do you need help? I can attempt to make a trip once more roads are clear, if I can work things out properly here with the kids.

That is an incredibly generous offer that I deeply appreciate. We'll be fine when we get power back, which I'm hopeful could be as early as today. My Mom got hers back while I was cutting up her downed trees last evening. I'm maybe 5 miles from her. The tree that came down on the pool cage and is touching my roof is going to require pros and a crane or bucket truck to remove it without causing more damage. I'm a good hand with a chainsaw but I'm not going near that.

#29052 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 05 October 2022 - 08:08 PM

Am I the only one here who really wants to find out what happened with the fetish party? 🧐
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#29053 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 05 October 2022 - 09:39 PM

Azath is doing paid advertising for the new Hellraiser reboot.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#29054 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 06 October 2022 - 07:46 AM

We have such sights to show you.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#29055 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 06 October 2022 - 08:26 AM

Our close friend's son was born on Monday and is in intensive care with touch and go chances. We're on standby to help when they come home but thinking of the poor little mite unable to breathe on his own and what they are all going through is just horribly sad. Currently stands at if he pulls through to the weekend the prognosis is better, but he will then have brain scans and they have been warned to expect brain damage and potential disability as there was a period of oxygen deprivation. Friend has said it's no fault of the hospital team who are looking after them all superbly, and he was born via emergency caesarian ten minutes after it became apparent there was a problem, it's just a horrible mischance that it sounds like couldn't have been prevented or avoided.

This post has been edited by TheRetiredBridgeburner: 06 October 2022 - 08:30 AM

- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#29056 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 06 October 2022 - 09:09 AM

At least 31 dead - including 23 children - after a nutbar ex-cop went on a rampage in a Thailand day care. Apparently killed his family and himself straight after.

https://www.news.com...fa1322450fb93d2

Why can't these people just off themselves and themselves only in some nice quiet out of the way place?

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 06 October 2022 - 09:10 AM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#29057 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 06 October 2022 - 11:29 AM

View PostTheRetiredBridgeburner, on 06 October 2022 - 08:26 AM, said:

Our close friend's son was born on Monday and is in intensive care with touch and go chances. We're on standby to help when they come home but thinking of the poor little mite unable to breathe on his own and what they are all going through is just horribly sad. Currently stands at if he pulls through to the weekend the prognosis is better, but he will then have brain scans and they have been warned to expect brain damage and potential disability as there was a period of oxygen deprivation. Friend has said it's no fault of the hospital team who are looking after them all superbly, and he was born via emergency caesarian ten minutes after it became apparent there was a problem, it's just a horrible mischance that it sounds like couldn't have been prevented or avoided.

Oh man that is terrible! Here's hoping the little one pulls through and that the two of you are available as support and strength.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#29058 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 06 October 2022 - 12:14 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 06 October 2022 - 11:29 AM, said:

View PostTheRetiredBridgeburner, on 06 October 2022 - 08:26 AM, said:

Oh man that is terrible! Here's hoping the little one pulls through and that the two of you are available as support and strength.

That’s terrifying.

Hoping the little guy pulls through.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#29059 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 12 October 2022 - 02:57 PM

Looking at Amazon's Prime Early Access sales---price / amount values are flat out wrong for many items. Would have actually ended up paying more than I usually do. They're simple calculations---$ / oz, $ / item, etc.---so IDK whether it's intentional fraud or just extreme incompetence (or fraud posing as incompetence...).

#29060 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 13 October 2022 - 03:58 PM

The goddess of death was just about to resurrect my cat when the alarm went off.

Stubbed my little toe so hard the nail detached from the bottom and from one side. It's still attached on the other side though. Medical websites giving conflicting advice about whether to remove the rest or leave it on, but for now I'll leave it---it looks like it won't impede the growth of new nail from the base, at least not the initial growth (websites estimate 12 months for toenail to regrow but don't specify *which* toe---since this is smallest toe, and has the smallest nail, I imagine it should take considerably less time). Bought some toe protectors in case it catches on something and gets torn off. Don't particularly want to waste money on medical care when the stock market's this low.

Salt let me know I had a hole in the meat of my mouth---maybe an ulcer. Then I accidentally bit the inside of my mouth open in another place.

Ripping open a taped-shut box a bit carelessly I managed to rip the fingernail off my left index finger partially. That finger of my glove was full of blood. Thankfully the base of the fingernail held on.

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 13 October 2022 - 04:02 PM

Share this topic:

• 1521 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users