• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What's messing with your groove?

#28241 User is offline   Lady Bliss 

• Shameless Minister of Silly Catwalks of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 22 October 2021 - 09:34 PM

OMG QT, I am so sorry.
"If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?" - Shylock

#28242 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 23 October 2021 - 12:31 AM

Holy crap! That Alec Baldwin news. This surely is going to reverberate through the entertainment industry. Are prop guns that dangerous?

#28243 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 23 October 2021 - 12:50 AM

View PostMalankazooie, on 23 October 2021 - 12:31 AM, said:

Holy crap! That Alec Baldwin news. This surely is going to reverberate through the entertainment industry. Are prop guns that dangerous?

Depends on the load and the use. They are still weapons, and are always to be treated as "live" IMHO.

https://www.news.com...418e5d6014435c4

What the Yanks call Barrel Discipline we call Muzzle Awareness. Same cat, different name.

"...it has since come out that before the fatal accident, a number of camera crew workers had walked off the set of Rust to protest working conditions amid safety concerns over the prop firearms, which had already misfired before Baldwin handled the weapon." OK that's VERY telling and VERY bad.

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 23 October 2021 - 12:54 AM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#28244 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 23 October 2021 - 01:54 AM

That sucks QT. Im sorry you have to go through that.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#28245 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 23 October 2021 - 11:35 AM

Sorry to hear that Quick, I know we're all scattered across the globe but we're here for you when you need

#28246 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 24 October 2021 - 02:00 AM

View PostTsundoku, on 23 October 2021 - 12:50 AM, said:

View PostMalankazooie, on 23 October 2021 - 12:31 AM, said:

Depends on the load and the use. They are still weapons, and are always to be treated as "live" IMHO.

https://www.news.com...418e5d6014435c4

What the Yanks call Barrel Discipline we call Muzzle Awareness. Same cat, different name.

"...it has since come out that before the fatal accident, a number of camera crew workers had walked off the set of Rust to protest working conditions amid safety concerns over the prop firearms, which had already misfired before Baldwin handled the weapon." OK that's VERY telling and VERY bad.

I've read some denials about this being accurate, tho, i have enough experience and contact with that industry to know there are 2, more often 3 layers of safety inspections that are supposed to happen before the prop guns and blanks are used, and supervision... so much had to have gone wrong for this to happen.

Also likely the end of prop guns and blanks in Hollywood. Adding muzzleflash and sound in post is probably cheaper by now.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#28247 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 24 October 2021 - 04:05 AM

View PostQuickTidal, on 22 October 2021 - 02:25 AM, said:

My mom has stage 3 pancreatic cancer. They’ve given her a year to live.

I’m a fucking wreck. I don’t want my mom to die. :(

Terribly sorry to hear that, QT.

Do your best to be there for her while you can. Take it one day at a time, and remember we're all here for you.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#28248 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 24 October 2021 - 12:04 PM

Sorry for the bad news, QT! 🙏

#28249 User is offline   Lady Bliss 

• Shameless Minister of Silly Catwalks of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 24 October 2021 - 04:34 PM

Does anyone think that Brian Landrie was either killed by his parents or they assisted in his suicide? It seems too strange that they new exactly where his body was, and they’ve been too damned cagey this whole time.
"If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?" - Shylock

#28250 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 27 October 2021 - 12:54 AM

A couple of things are messing with my groove as I decompress from the day.

(1) The more that comes out about the Alec Baldwin shooting tragedy the more I shake my head in WTFness. What is wrong with the people working on that movie set?

and

(2) I just learned about something called the "devious licks challenge", which as I understand it is a TikTok deal and it involves presenting evidence you've completed the monthly challenge.

• This months is slap a teacher day (which I assume is leading to expulsion, assault charges and a direct trip to juvie).
  • Last month was vandalize the school bathroom.
  • November is tame by comparison - kiss your friend's girlfriend at school. Although I can see that leading to tragedy, tbh. Kids these days with access to their dad's AR-15 and all that.
  • December is festive with - "deck the halls and show your balls."
What happened to pulling the fire alarm and senior skip day? Or leaving at lunch, smoking a bowl with your Freaks&Geeks friends, and coming back and being all paranoid that a teacher was going to bust you because your eyes were bloodshot and you smelled like a Phish concert?

#28251 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 27 October 2021 - 01:27 AM

View PostMalankazooie, on 27 October 2021 - 12:54 AM, said:

A couple of things are messing with my groove as I decompress from the day.

(1) The more that comes out about the Alec Baldwin shooting tragedy the more I shake my head in WTFness. What is wrong with the people working on that movie set?

and

(2) I just learned about something called the "devious licks challenge", which as I understand it is a TikTok deal and it involves presenting evidence you've completed the monthly challenge.

• This months is slap a teacher day (which I assume is leading to expulsion, assault charges and a direct trip to juvie).
  • Last month was vandalize the school bathroom.
  • November is tame by comparison - kiss your friend's girlfriend at school. Although I can see that leading to tragedy, tbh. Kids these days with access to their dad's AR-15 and all that.
  • December is festive with - "deck the halls and show your balls."
What happened to pulling the fire alarm and senior skip day? Or leaving at lunch, smoking a bowl with your Freaks&Geeks friends, and coming back and being all paranoid that a teacher was going to bust you because your eyes were bloodshot and you smelled like a Phish concert?

'The "Slap a Teacher" TikTok Challenge Is a Hoax

Teacher associations, school districts, and law enforcement officials are so worried about a new viral TikTok challenge that they're warning teachers and parents, and even writing to the head of the Chinese social media company. [...] While the "Devious Licks" challenge was a real thing on TikTok, there is no evidence that the "Slap a Teacher" challenge is.

"As far as I'm aware, not a single story has actually included evidence of an initial threat," Abbie Richards, a disinformation researcher who focuses on TikTok, tweeted on Tuesday night. "And when I looked into this, I couldn't find a single TikTok actually endorsing this behavior."
"All evidence indicates this is a hoax turned into reality by local news and school districts reacting to completely unconfirmed rumors,"'

https://www.vice.com...-challenge-hoax

Though it seems like it certainly could become a self-fulfilling prophecy....

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 27 October 2021 - 01:27 AM

#28252 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 27 October 2021 - 02:20 AM

Most students dumb enough to do this were killed off during the 'eat a laundry detergent pod' challenge.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#28253 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 27 October 2021 - 07:51 AM

QT, that's absolutely shit mate - without wanting to give any expectation, my great uncle went fifteen and a half years beyond his six months, so I would hope she gives it the finger. Strength to you and yours.

On my end... Work. Sold like so much meat to another company, department is unravelling, too much work, colleagues who don't know what they're doing, the phone never stops ringing and whilst I'm running around putting fires out on other people's stuff I can't put the fire out on my own work. Needless to say I am a very unhappy badger right now.

Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#28254 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 27 October 2021 - 12:17 PM

View PostMaark Abbott, on 27 October 2021 - 07:51 AM, said:

QT, that's absolutely shit mate - without wanting to give any expectation, my great uncle went fifteen and a half years beyond his six months, so I would hope she gives it the finger. Strength to you and yours.

Thanks man, any hope is appreciated.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#28255 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 27 October 2021 - 04:03 PM

Two of my old favorite inexpensive restaurants are closing:

'Burmese restaurant Rangoon, one of Chinatown's most popular places to eat, will close its doors at the end of 2021 after 28 years in Philadelphia.

[...] "We are really tired, almost 30 years in this business," said Gyaw, who recently turned 64. "Right now, a lot of people want to buy our place. We are talking to some of the restaurant owners in Philadelphia."'

https://www.phillyvo...rant-chinatown/

'Sazón, the popular Venezuelan restaurant also known for its sideline of premium, house-made chocolate, will leave its home of 17 years [...] on Sunday, Oct. 31 as it switches to a takeout-and-delivery business out of a nearby ghost kitchen.

The back story can be found in Philadelphia Municipal Court records: a dispute over [...] upstairs neighbors' "excessive pot-smoking and sloppy behavior," which they allege the landlord had failed to stop. [...]

She and her husband met while working out in a gym in Caracas. They moved to his native Philadelphia and opened Sazón in November 2004 to showcase her healthful home cooking. [...] the Chocolate Alchemist, creating bean-to-bar truffles and pouring varieties of intense drinking chocolate [including hot chocolate with chile peppers].

[...] the trouble started last fall. With the windows closed, "we could not handle the smell of [pot] smoke inside the restaurant," she said. "[...] We talked to the landlord. He didn't do anything." They kept doors open and ran fans.'

https://www.inquirer...n-20211026.html

These are examples of some of the excellent inexpensive restaurants visitors to Philadelphia should be trying... unless they're really into cheesesteaks, one is more than enough. (For soft pretzels---one bite....) Both are located close to the convention center and public transport.

... I was thinking 'oh well, at least Kabul is still thriving, and the influx of Afghan refugees may help'---but no: 'After almost 30 years, Afghan restaurant Kabul in Old City is closed'. Their second location, Ariana, has also closed after 'more than decade'....

#28256 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 27 October 2021 - 06:36 PM

From my newsletter folder in my inbox this morning. Maybe it will lift your spirits. Or just some options to consider when you want to get caffeinated.

https://www.thrillis...in-philadelphia

#28257 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 27 October 2021 - 07:31 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 27 October 2021 - 06:36 PM, said:

From my newsletter folder in my inbox this morning. Maybe it will lift your spirits. Or just some options to consider when you want to get caffeinated.

https://www.thrillis...in-philadelphia

Missing Le Cat Cafe, which has reopened.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Unfortunately Kawaii Kitty Cafe has now permanently closed....

Posted Image

Posted Image

#28258 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 27 October 2021 - 08:19 PM

Aw man, now it's a bit of a drive to get your 'clawfee'?

Tough titty said the kitty, but this milk is still good.

#28259 User is offline   Dutch 

• Bridgeburner
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen, American Football, Quick Ben

Posted 27 October 2021 - 08:25 PM

Sorry to hear QT..

An uncle of my wife was diagnosed with it around the time we moved from our apartment in our old hometown to our house in our new hometown. We are nearing 5 years living in our house and he's still around so who knows.
Sappers have a saying, he muttered. "Wide eyed stupid"

#28260 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 27 October 2021 - 09:21 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 27 October 2021 - 08:19 PM, said:

Aw man, now it's a bit of a drive to get your 'clawfee'?

Tough titty said the kitty, but this milk is still good.

Tbh I'm not sure I could do much work at a cat cafe without weeping over my dead cat.

And that would make it even harder to drink coffee without taking off my mask (or getting the filters wet...). Unfortunately the cat cafes are indoors so the cats don't wander off. Outdoor 'feral cat cafe' might be interesting though....

For Halloween I might just give myself an ultrarealistic 'teardrop' temporary tattoo in the shape of an origami cat. Though on second thought by prison logic that would mean I killed a cat... hm.

Share this topic:

• 1522 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

5 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users