• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What's messing with your groove?

#27361 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 26 September 2020 - 09:48 PM

View PostBriar King, on 26 September 2020 - 07:44 PM, said:

So be it. Will junk em all except my Star Wars collection and my satellite recording of ANH that has Han shooting 1st.

Tears may trickle but oh well I need to make space. Half the house’s contents are moved to the other half or soon to be anyway. Sacrifice is a bitch.

Oh hell yeah. I kept my original star wars, back to the future, lonesome dove, and a few others.

I’m not a total savage.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#27362 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 02 October 2020 - 08:17 PM

Some random asshole punched fucking Rick Moranis in the head in NYC for absolutely no reason...because 2020 is the bowels of hell...

And Captain America is not fucking having it.

Moranis, who largely gave up acting early in the mid-to-late 90's when his wife died of cancer and he decided to raise both his young kids on his own...the man is a fucking saint. My blood is boiling too.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 02 October 2020 - 08:20 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#27363 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 02 October 2020 - 11:02 PM

Fuck that random asshole.

#27364 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 02 October 2020 - 11:03 PM

Gonna watch Spaceballs tonight.

Keep firing Assholes!

#27365 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 03 October 2020 - 12:28 AM

T.. T. T.. Triple Post!!!

THE WORLD HEARING ABOUT TRUMP: ...huh.

THE WORLD HEARING SOMEONE HIT RICK MORANIS: Godammit, NO! What kind of just god allows this? My fortune for the bounty! Destroy the foul creature who punched the angels' chosen one! LET NO ONE REST 'TIL HE IS SAFE!

This post has been edited by Slow Ben: 03 October 2020 - 12:28 AM

#27366 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 03 October 2020 - 03:31 AM

Q...Q...Q...Quad post.

RIP Bob Gibson. 2020 can suck a dick.

#27367 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 03 October 2020 - 07:15 PM

Last three days the area has been covered in smoke haze from fires in Wyoming. Even with humidifier running at night, I still have been waking up with a sore throat (do I have the 'rona?). And when I make the commute in, it smells like a campfire and my eyes start stinging, and a headache sets in. This fire shit has been sooo fucked up and I think it is getting lost due to every other calamity that's been 2020.

#27368 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• Necromancer Extraordinaire
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Glass slides with entrapped bits of colored tissue
  • Around, just quiet....er

Posted 04 October 2020 - 10:00 PM

Wife getting under my skin today. I think it is q combination of small things, but sometimes I feel like I have to hold up both my end and her end of things too much. Like this weekend, where I mopped and cleaned the kitchen, did dishes, but she doesn't make the time or effort to get the laundry done as she said she would. I feel like the only adult in the house sometimes, with all the mess left everywhere and me scurrying to keep it in some state of repair.

The pending doom of November 3rd is also coming swiftly and for us, that isn't just an election. It is the day the guy who killed her girl gets out of prison. So some days my wife is fine and others she is not. Most commonly, she seems fine and happy and then her mood flips dark and remote instantly. Basically on edge all the time, waiting for that next bad day or night.

A new job and routing is helping, but I kind of hate that I feel the best when I am on my own and she isn't awake or here.
"You don't clean u other peoples messes.... You roll in them like a dog on leftover smoked whitefish torn out f the trash by raccoons after Sunday brunch on a hot day."
~Abyss

#27369 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• View gallery

Posted 05 October 2020 - 05:12 AM

View PostBriar King, on 05 October 2020 - 01:27 AM, said:

I’m gonna be FUCKED next week.

Omg this is gonna suck.

Why is that?
"You don't clean u other peoples messes.... You roll in them like a dog on leftover smoked whitefish torn out f the trash by raccoons after Sunday brunch on a hot day."
~Abyss

#27370 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 05 October 2020 - 02:26 PM

So my stepdad (mom’s husband) back in like May was experiencing weird symptoms that aligned with dementia…forgetfulness, problems walking, problems sleeping ect. but it happened suddenly and ramped up fast.

So my mom takes him to the doctor. She does a bunch of tests and comes to the conclusion that he has Hydrocephalus (fluid around the brain, pressing on it and causing neurological difficulty)…so they refer him to a neurologist in London Ont. Takes the guy WEEKS to even look at the Cat Scan…says he won’t operate because he doesn’t think it IS Hydrocephalus….he asks for an MRI (gold standard for this stuff)….the MRI seems to mostly indicate hydrocephalus too….guy still refuses to see him. Says it’s not hydrocephalus.

Fast forward and my wife has been using her contacts in the healthcare industry to push my stepdad's case out of the cracks it's clearly fallen into, and he’s been getting much worse in the interim (hitting, very confused, taking the car out even after mom hid the keys, takes the phone and sends weird texts, falling, ect.)…they were in another city last week looking after my grandmother and he got so bad that Mom took him to local hospital there. They said it’s probably dementia and sent him home (it’s not dementia, dementia does not ramp up in 3 months like that). Saturday night they are home in their little Ontario town and city hospital calls my mom and says they need to talk about some test results (yeah, no shit)…and my wife told my mom the really bad stuff during last week could easily be a UTI (Urinary Tract infection) which can cause hallucinations and weird behaviour…and basically exacerbating whatever else is really going on.

Saturday 4AM…stepdad comes to my mom scream-crying and proceeds to have a massive seizure…mom holds onto him, but he’s rigid and staring up…she calls 911, ambulance comes takes him to their local hospital and admit him. They do a battery of tests including a Cat Scan….and guess what...HYDRO-EFFING-CEPHALUS…almost FOUR months after their family doctor said that’s what it was and that it required operation…he also DID have a UTI (my wife is right yet again) which is what’s causing mass hallucinations too, and what the hospital near my grandmother wanted to tell her.

So he’s in the local hospital now, but the antibiotics have not kicked in to heal the UTI fully yet, so he’s got a security bracelet on to prevent him from wandering…but he will apparently tell the nurses he’s going downstairs to watch TV…and ask my mom when "mom is making dinner"....I should note here he's 72, not ancient.

So yeah…because some supposedly province-renowned jackwad of a neuro guy in London said twice that it’s not what it clearly is…my stepdad might suffer worse long term effects of Hydrocephalus (which can do irreparable damage if not treated in good time)…with surgery and if caught in time they can put in a shunt, it will remove the fluid from the brain and he CAN go back to completely normal…but it needs to be caught in time for that to happen. So I wonder what 4 months of waiting has done.

So yeah…it’s been a ride. I’m fucking FURIOUS. That Neuro guy in London’s license to practice medicine would be called into question over this. My sister wants my mom to sue him if there is extensive damage after surgery. It’s been what he swore it wasn’t the whole time, now confirmed by three separate doctors.

Anyways. This has been brutal. Thank gods for my wife advocating with her knowledge and contacts in the industry, otherwise he'd probably be worse off. The Canadian healthcare industry is solid most of the time, but people do fall through the cracks like this, and I feel terrible for those that can't make a bunch of phone calls to help grease the wheels. It also blows my mind that a mans life can hang on the word of a single doctor who refutes a diagnosis of other doctors.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 05 October 2020 - 02:29 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#27371 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• View gallery

Posted 05 October 2020 - 05:23 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 05 October 2020 - 02:26 PM, said:

So my stepdad (mom’s husband) back in like May was experiencing weird symptoms that aligned with dementia…forgetfulness, problems walking, problems sleeping ect. but it happened suddenly and ramped up fast.

So my mom takes him to the doctor. She does a bunch of tests and comes to the conclusion that he has Hydrocephalus (fluid around the brain, pressing on it and causing neurological difficulty)…so they refer him to a neurologist in London Ont. Takes the guy WEEKS to even look at the Cat Scan…says he won’t operate because he doesn’t think it IS Hydrocephalus….he asks for an MRI (gold standard for this stuff)….the MRI seems to mostly indicate hydrocephalus too….guy still refuses to see him. Says it’s not hydrocephalus.

Fast forward and my wife has been using her contacts in the healthcare industry to push my stepdad's case out of the cracks it's clearly fallen into, and he’s been getting much worse in the interim (hitting, very confused, taking the car out even after mom hid the keys, takes the phone and sends weird texts, falling, ect.)…they were in another city last week looking after my grandmother and he got so bad that Mom took him to local hospital there. They said it’s probably dementia and sent him home (it’s not dementia, dementia does not ramp up in 3 months like that). Saturday night they are home in their little Ontario town and city hospital calls my mom and says they need to talk about some test results (yeah, no shit)…and my wife told my mom the really bad stuff during last week could easily be a UTI (Urinary Tract infection) which can cause hallucinations and weird behaviour…and basically exacerbating whatever else is really going on.

Saturday 4AM…stepdad comes to my mom scream-crying and proceeds to have a massive seizure…mom holds onto him, but he’s rigid and staring up…she calls 911, ambulance comes takes him to their local hospital and admit him. They do a battery of tests including a Cat Scan….and guess what...HYDRO-EFFING-CEPHALUS…almost FOUR months after their family doctor said that’s what it was and that it required operation…he also DID have a UTI (my wife is right yet again) which is what’s causing mass hallucinations too, and what the hospital near my grandmother wanted to tell her.

So he’s in the local hospital now, but the antibiotics have not kicked in to heal the UTI fully yet, so he’s got a security bracelet on to prevent him from wandering…but he will apparently tell the nurses he’s going downstairs to watch TV…and ask my mom when "mom is making dinner"....I should note here he's 72, not ancient.

So yeah…because some supposedly province-renowned jackwad of a neuro guy in London said twice that it’s not what it clearly is…my stepdad might suffer worse long term effects of Hydrocephalus (which can do irreparable damage if not treated in good time)…with surgery and if caught in time they can put in a shunt, it will remove the fluid from the brain and he CAN go back to completely normal…but it needs to be caught in time for that to happen. So I wonder what 4 months of waiting has done.

So yeah…it’s been a ride. I’m fucking FURIOUS. That Neuro guy in London’s license to practice medicine would be called into question over this. My sister wants my mom to sue him if there is extensive damage after surgery. It’s been what he swore it wasn’t the whole time, now confirmed by three separate doctors.

Anyways. This has been brutal. Thank gods for my wife advocating with her knowledge and contacts in the industry, otherwise he'd probably be worse off. The Canadian healthcare industry is solid most of the time, but people do fall through the cracks like this, and I feel terrible for those that can't make a bunch of phone calls to help grease the wheels. It also blows my mind that a mans life can hang on the word of a single doctor who refutes a diagnosis of other doctors.

Fucking ridiculous.
~Abyss

#27372 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 05 October 2020 - 06:43 PM

View PostBriar King, on 05 October 2020 - 03:23 PM, said:

QT have your wife use those same contacts and destroy his rep from within the community. And sue

Honestly I just want to hear why he kept refusing.

View PostGust Hubb, on 05 October 2020 - 05:23 PM, said:

Fucking ridiculous.

Totally ridiculous.

#27373 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 05 October 2020 - 08:27 PM

Yikes QT that's quite a horrific story! Hope he pulls through ok and yes a good explanation from that Doctor is required at the very least!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#27374 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 05 October 2020 - 10:38 PM

Why are Octobers always so shitty? It's like every year in October, something shitty happens just because. So tired.
Puck was not birthed, she was cleaved from a lava flow and shaped by a fierce god's hands. - [worry]
Ninja Puck, Ninja Puck, really doesn't give a fuck..? - [King Lear]

#27375 User is offline   EmperorMagus 

• Scarecrow of Low House PEN
  • Group: Tehol's Blissful Chickens

Posted 05 October 2020 - 11:10 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 05 October 2020 - 06:43 PM, said:

QT have your wife use those same contacts and destroy his rep from within the community. And sue

Fucking ridiculous.

Totally ridiculous.

Definitely talk to a lawyer about suing and also about initiating regulatory proceedings with the College of Physicians and Surgeons. This behavior (and careless disregard) enrages me so much ...
Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori
#sarcasm

#27376 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 06 October 2020 - 07:08 AM

Stepmom fell and broke her arm and shoulder yesterday, also managed to sprain an ankle. She's not hospitalised or anything but she got a shock. Took a day of work and am travelling down to see her and make sure she has everything she needs today.

This is basically the thing I hate most about old age. The fact that my parents, last surviving one, gets older and more fragile. Getting that phone call and hearing she fell was something I'd been dreading for years. Thankfully it wasn't her hip but it's stil worrisome that we might be reaching that point where I need to keep an eye on her.

#27377 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 06 October 2020 - 11:43 AM

View PostAptorian, on 06 October 2020 - 07:08 AM, said:

Stepmom fell and broke her arm and shoulder yesterday, also managed to sprain an ankle. She's not hospitalised or anything but she got a shock. Took a day of work and am travelling down to see her and make sure she has everything she needs today.

This is basically the thing I hate most about old age. The fact that my parents, last surviving one, gets older and more fragile. Getting that phone call and hearing she fell was something I'd been dreading for years. Thankfully it wasn't her hip but it's stil worrisome that we might be reaching that point where I need to keep an eye on her.

That stuff is terrifying. I hope everything turns out ok, and that there's no more scares for years to come!
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#27378 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 06 October 2020 - 12:46 PM

On my way back now.

She was doing much better than I feared. I think a nights rest helped her a lot. Her arm is blue and yellow and it hurts to move too much but otherwise she was happy enough.

#27379 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 06 October 2020 - 12:51 PM

View PostAptorian, on 06 October 2020 - 12:46 PM, said:

On my way back now.

She was doing much better than I feared. I think a nights rest helped her a lot. Her arm is blue and yellow and it hurts to move too much but otherwise she was happy enough.

Glad to hear she's doing okay man. Scary stuff indeed!

#27380 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 06 October 2020 - 04:08 PM

View PostEmperorMagus, on 05 October 2020 - 11:10 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 05 October 2020 - 06:43 PM, said:

Fucking ridiculous.

Totally ridiculous.

Definitely talk to a lawyer about suing and also about initiating regulatory proceedings with the College of Physicians and Surgeons. This behavior (and careless disregard) enrages me so much ...

View PostBriar King, on 05 October 2020 - 11:26 PM, said:

Or atleast threaten to sue. I'm not a big sueing fan but you fuck with my loved ones continued existence on this earth and I definitely would. You gotta consider the other people past, present and future he may be fucking.

Wouldn't threaten. Would talk to a med-law lawyer. Get an initial free consult if you can. If your stepdad/mom have private insurance on top of medicare, the provider may include legal coverage or be entitled to claim on his behalf.
I believe you have two years from, at a minimum, when the dr fucked up the original diagnosis, but things can affect that time limit.
The College is an option, but separate from a civil proceeding and there may be rules about what can carry over.

THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

Share this topic:

• 1522 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

5 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users