• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What's messing with your groove?

#26321 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 17 September 2019 - 04:31 PM

View PostTraveller, on 17 September 2019 - 10:47 AM, said:

Is it possible to grieve for your children when they were smaller? I love my kids and seeing a 3 year old picture of my boy yesterday tipped me into a depressive state I can only describe as grief - for the time before they started school, the time we got to do things all day, for how reliant on me they were for everything, and just for being good at looking after them all that time. They obviously won't remember a lot of it like I do, and I realised yesterday that I really miss it, and them.

Hasn't gone today either, just stuck at work feeling more depressed than usual.

View PostTsundoku, on 17 September 2019 - 11:23 AM, said:

I'm getting all the hugs I can while it lasts, because it won't be too long before he will have as little to do with me as possible. :(

Yes, he will develop "taste".

:p

Indeed.

Insert quote about how one day you will "Pick up your child and carry them for the last time and not know it", or "hold their hand for the last time crossing the street and not know it" ect.

Those kind of things haunt the heck out of me as a parent. Mine are 3 and nearly 1 and I'm trying my best to drink in every single moment of them being this young, because I know I'll terribly miss it when they are older and no longer need the same micro-level of parenting.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#26322 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 17 September 2019 - 06:38 PM

View PostTraveller, on 17 September 2019 - 10:47 AM, said:

Is it possible to grieve for your children when they were smaller? I love my kids and seeing a 3 year old picture of my boy yesterday tipped me into a depressive state I can only describe as grief - for the time before they started school, the time we got to do things all day, for how reliant on me they were for everything, and just for being good at looking after them all that time. They obviously won't remember a lot of it like I do, and I realised yesterday that I really miss it, and them.

Hasn't gone today either, just stuck at work feeling more depressed than usual.

They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#26323 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 17 September 2019 - 08:34 PM

View PostBfuckinK, on 17 September 2019 - 08:14 PM, said:

I'm about to get really wet.

They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#26324 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 18 September 2019 - 05:33 PM

Worst migraine attack yet... I've run out of position to hold my head in in an attempt to ease the pounding, and my meds aren't doing anything... Like, nothing. At all. Someone shoot me or something.
Puck was not birthed, she was cleaved from a lava flow and shaped by a fierce god's hands. - [worry]
Ninja Puck, Ninja Puck, really doesn't give a fuck..? - [King Lear]

#26325 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 20 September 2019 - 07:21 AM

Having to deal with a file at work I've been shying away from, namely because I was in that file when the call came from my brother in law that my stepdad was dying. It is setting off a lot of unresolved trauma, to be completely blunt.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#26326 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 20 September 2019 - 01:09 PM

View PostMaark Abbott, on 20 September 2019 - 07:21 AM, said:

Having to deal with a file at work I've been shying away from, namely because I was in that file when the call came from my brother in law that my stepdad was dying. It is setting off a lot of unresolved trauma, to be completely blunt.

Can it be picked up by someone else? Unresolved trauma (from experience) is no joke and you don't need to be facing it in your professional life if you don't have to.
- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#26327 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 20 September 2019 - 01:15 PM

Trying to explain to my frustrated 6 year old why the word "surely" still makes the sh sound without the H.

Its because the english language sucks sweetheart.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#26328 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 20 September 2019 - 01:30 PM

View PostSlow Ben, on 20 September 2019 - 01:15 PM, said:

Trying to explain to my frustrated 6 year old why the word "surely" still makes the sh sound without the H.

Shurely you mean "Shucks".

;)
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#26329 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 20 September 2019 - 02:16 PM

I bet your 6-year old was surly about it.

;)
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#26330 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 20 September 2019 - 02:40 PM

You said that last part with a Humphrey Bogart'esque ''shweethaht', yes?
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#26331 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 20 September 2019 - 02:41 PM

My sweet little sugar sure was certainly salty.

Shit.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#26332 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 20 September 2019 - 03:02 PM

This coffee is awful.
Like, not 'bad', not too acid or too burnt or whatever... it tastes like what i imagine coffee filtered through an incontinent hyena who ate a plague striken wildebeest who bathed in a zebra-shit and toxic waste tainted river tastes like.
I want to leave work, get in my car, drive back to the place where i bought it, walk in, take off a glove i was not otherwise wearing and slap the manager and challenge them to a duel to the death. It's that bad.
This coffee is not just messing my groove, it's messing my physical, psychological, and emotional health. I actively hate the universe after the last sip. I do not wish to continue to exist in a reality that permits this coffee to exist.
I want the UN to declare this coffee to be a humanitarian crisis. I want the US to illegally invade Canadian air space and carpet bomb everywhere this coffee has ever been. Fuckit, i'm ok with Russia or China if the US is too scared of the coffee.
This coffee is wrong on levels Nobel Laureate scientists do not acknowledge exist.
This coffee is the Venom symbiote if the symbiote came from a planet shaped like a giant planet-sized asshole.
This coffee is to coffee what everything awful ever is to everything else.
If zombies had digestive systems and could get diarrhea, and that diarrhea sat in the sun for a few days and became a diarrhea elemental that rose up and attacked people, and those people were lepers, and the elemental shat those leperous people out, and that shit was decanted down into its purest form, it would probably still taste better than this coffee.

#26333 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 20 September 2019 - 03:11 PM

Posted Image

#26334 User is online   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 23 September 2019 - 02:46 AM

View PostAbyss, on 20 September 2019 - 03:02 PM, said:

This coffee is awful.
Like, not 'bad', not too acid or too burnt or whatever... it tastes like what i imagine coffee filtered through an incontinent hyena who ate a plague striken wildebeest who bathed in a zebra-shit and toxic waste tainted river tastes like.
I want to leave work, get in my car, drive back to the place where i bought it, walk in, take off a glove i was not otherwise wearing and slap the manager and challenge them to a duel to the death. It's that bad.
This coffee is not just messing my groove, it's messing my physical, psychological, and emotional health. I actively hate the universe after the last sip. I do not wish to continue to exist in a reality that permits this coffee to exist.
I want the UN to declare this coffee to be a humanitarian crisis. I want the US to illegally invade Canadian air space and carpet bomb everywhere this coffee has ever been. Fuckit, i'm ok with Russia or China if the US is too scared of the coffee.
This coffee is wrong on levels Nobel Laureate scientists do not acknowledge exist.
This coffee is the Venom symbiote if the symbiote came from a planet shaped like a giant planet-sized asshole.
If zombies had digestive systems and could get diarrhea, and that diarrhea sat in the sun for a few days and became a diarrhea elemental that rose up and attacked people, and those people were lepers, and the elemental shat those leperous people out, and that shit was decanted down into its purest form, it would probably still taste better than this coffee.

And this is why you drink tea.

It's fairly difficult to mess up pouring boiling water onto a teabag.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#26335 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 23 September 2019 - 03:45 AM

Oh go away you with your silly dead leaves and hot water.

#26336 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 23 September 2019 - 05:10 AM

I am deeply and thoroughly sick. I also suspect one of my friends was an idiot and came to games night sick and this is where I got this cold from.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#26337 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 23 September 2019 - 06:34 AM

Is a cat staring very intensely at you or are you at the hospital for some reason?

#26338 User is online   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 23 September 2019 - 06:58 AM

View PostMentalist, on 23 September 2019 - 02:46 AM, said:

This coffee is awful.

Brit here. What you suggest is preposterous. It is absolutely possible to completely mess up tea and I'll thank you bit too spread such nonsense! ;)
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#26339 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 23 September 2019 - 07:51 AM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 23 September 2019 - 06:58 AM, said:

View PostMentalist, on 23 September 2019 - 02:46 AM, said:

This coffee is awful.

Brit here. What you suggest is preposterous. It is absolutely possible to completely mess up tea and I'll thank you bit too spread such nonsense! ;)

Can second this. So many variables

- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#26340 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 23 September 2019 - 08:20 AM

That's why I prefer chocolate drinks. With plenty of extra chocolate.

The darker the better.

;)
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

Share this topic:

• 1532 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

6 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users