• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What's messing with your groove?

#26361 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 26 September 2019 - 12:43 AM

View PostMezla PigDog, on 25 September 2019 - 09:37 PM, said:

I've been ill pretty much every day for 2 months. I have literally forgotten what it feels like to feel well. I keep beating myself up for it like I'm just being a weakling but I've been properly sick. It is shit. And what messes with my groove is that it scares the shit out of me for getting old. Mr PigDog just turned 40 and it's me next and I'm freaking the fuck out. And this week we are on holiday and I'm still weak and sick and I'm mad at myself. Never take good health for granted people.

And never read A Handmaids Tale on holiday. Unless you are part of the patriarchy. Fucking bastards!

Maybe you need to conduct an in depth investigation as to why you are sick? Chronic illness like this is not normal at all.

#26362 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 26 September 2019 - 04:02 AM

Two months is wack as hell! I hope it's just the back-to-school/daycare time, which is wreaking havoc on the parents I know and it sucks, but at least it's an explanation. But I don't wanna get too up in your business, just agreeing that two months sucks.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#26363 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 26 September 2019 - 07:31 AM

Got called to the vets yesterday by sister in law. One of their dogs has a nasty growth in the mouth due to dental disease so poor mite has to have that out plus probably 3/4 of her teeth to boot.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#26364 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 26 September 2019 - 02:26 PM

View PostAndorion, on 26 September 2019 - 12:43 AM, said:

View PostMezla PigDog, on 25 September 2019 - 09:37 PM, said:

I've been ill pretty much every day for 2 months. I have literally forgotten what it feels like to feel well. I keep beating myself up for it like I'm just being a weakling but I've been properly sick. It is shit. And what messes with my groove is that it scares the shit out of me for getting old. Mr PigDog just turned 40 and it's me next and I'm freaking the fuck out. And this week we are on holiday and I'm still weak and sick and I'm mad at myself. Never take good health for granted people.

And never read A Handmaids Tale on holiday. Unless you are part of the patriarchy. Fucking bastards!

Maybe you need to conduct an in depth investigation as to why you are sick? Chronic illness like this is not normal at all.

View Postworry, on 26 September 2019 - 04:02 AM, said:

Two months is wack as hell! I hope it's just the back-to-school/daycare time, which is wreaking havoc on the parents I know and it sucks, but at least it's an explanation. But I don't wanna get too up in your business, just agreeing that two months sucks.

It's kids. 100% kids. My kids will get sick, and we all pass it around to each other repeatedly. So by the time one person gets better, the next person has it and passes it back to the first person. There have been periods of time where my wife orI have been on off sick for 1-2months easy.

I mean still go get it checked out, but I would bet good money it's just the kid and you both passing it around. Daycare/school makes lives miserable from a health POV.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#26365 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 26 September 2019 - 02:48 PM

View PostMaark Abbott, on 26 September 2019 - 07:31 AM, said:

Got called to the vets yesterday by sister in law. One of their dogs has a nasty growth in the mouth due to dental disease so poor mite has to have that out plus probably 3/4 of her teeth to boot.

Why call you? Did the dog break a tooth chewing on a copy of OATHBRINGER you gave her?
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#26366 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 26 September 2019 - 06:05 PM

I've been checked out, it's nothing specific. At the end of July I had exploding internal organs and surgery which took time to recover from. Then I got an infected wisdom tooth. Then painkiller withdrawal. Then a chest infection and now a cold and fever. The last two were defo brought home from nursery. Kind of hoping to be "healthy" by November when I should have had some of my wisdom teeth removed and recovered from that. It's old age, I'm telling you.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#26367 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 26 September 2019 - 07:05 PM

So, 5 months or so after I took over the responsibilities of the event hall at our library, we've hit the busy season.

I've gone from checking our calendar a couple times a week and handling the occasional phone call and e-mail correspondence, to spending at least 2-3 hours a day either doing reservations or worrying about whether I remembered to make a reservation.

It's come to the point that I've now created an excel ark to keep check on the other excel arks and various booking systems I am maintaining.

I have quite literally started to micromanage my own work. I've become my own manager.

How did I get here? Where am I? Who am I?

Dear god, is this what office managers do? The horror, the horror!

#26368 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 26 September 2019 - 07:18 PM

View PostBfuckinK, on 26 September 2019 - 07:16 PM, said:

How bad can one fuck up their own arm at night in bed by sleeping on it?

Badder than in a truck.

#26369 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 26 September 2019 - 07:24 PM

Event Hall at a library does not compute. How are you supposed to shhhhhsh an event hall??

#26370 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 26 September 2019 - 08:21 PM

It's not abnormal to cut off your circulation in your sleep and then feel the pain when you wake up. Lasting a few days is a little unusual but that might mean you also twisted it a bit? I'd say a week is concerning though, especially if you have circulation issues generally.

#26371 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 26 September 2019 - 10:08 PM

Yeah, I have a habit of lying on my limbs at night WHILE twisting them weirdly (I say, while my right thumb aches from doing exactly that), but the pain usually doesn't last beyond a couple hours, at day at most. Several days is unusual. Have it checked out if possible, BK.
Puck was not birthed, she was cleaved from a lava flow and shaped by a fierce god's hands. - [worry]
Ninja Puck, Ninja Puck, really doesn't give a fuck..? - [King Lear]

#26372 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 27 September 2019 - 03:03 AM

View PostAptorian, on 26 September 2019 - 07:05 PM, said:

So, 5 months or so after I took over the responsibilities of the event hall at our library, we've hit the busy season.

I've gone from checking our calendar a couple times a week and handling the occasional phone call and e-mail correspondence, to spending at least 2-3 hours a day either doing reservations or worrying about whether I remembered to make a reservation.

It's come to the point that I've now created an excel ark to keep check on the other excel arks and various booking systems I am maintaining.

I have quite literally started to micromanage my own work. I've become my own manager.

How did I get here? Where am I? Who am I?

Dear god, is this what office managers do? The horror, the horror!

Welcome to adulting.

Happens to the best of us.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#26373 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 27 September 2019 - 05:13 AM

View Postworry, on 26 September 2019 - 07:24 PM, said:

Event Hall at a library does not compute. How are you supposed to shhhhhsh an event hall??

Many, if not most, public libraries in Denmark have been reconfigured into culture houses. Rarely do we have actual quiet.

It's mostly toddler's crying and some random asshole having a very loud phone conversation in Arabic.

#26374 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 27 September 2019 - 06:51 AM

View PostBfuckinK, on 26 September 2019 - 07:39 PM, said:

I woke up at few nights ago(over a week now) with a floppy prickly left arm and it’s now throbbing so bad since that I bought a tennis elbow brace to wear.

I had something similar in my back for a week and a half. It was three pulmonary embolisms.

A week of serious pain is a possible blood clot. Worth ruling out because that stuff can maim and kill.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#26375 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 27 September 2019 - 07:44 AM

View PostAbyss, on 26 September 2019 - 02:48 PM, said:

View PostMaark Abbott, on 26 September 2019 - 07:31 AM, said:

Why call you? Did the dog break a tooth chewing on a copy of OATHBRINGER you gave her?

Why would I feed a dog pure shit?

She called me because no one else was available to come and she has learning disabilities which manifest in situations like this as catastrophising.

#26376 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 28 September 2019 - 08:25 PM

Checked my tenant's condo today. The windowsills are wrecked from seeping water. Despite me asking each time I saw them if there were any issues, only now, 2 years laters do I find out and have to deal with this before I can put it up for rent again.

Lovely. Who knows how much this crap'll cost me to replace now.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#26377 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 29 September 2019 - 05:56 AM

Did you get it in writing?

Edit; oh wait you're the lender. Well, yeah you don' goofed.

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 29 September 2019 - 05:57 AM

#26378 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 30 September 2019 - 07:31 AM

Enlandlordment.

#26379 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 02 October 2019 - 04:23 PM

This hamburger is atrocious. Not bad, atrocious. I am offended on behalf of anything cow-like that gave its life to end up in this... this... thing.
And the worse part is that i'm in a major city with likely 50 places within six blocks that make better food than this grey disc that tastes of stale cardboard and despair, but i just had to eat with my moronic colleagues who didn't want to venture out of the conference venue. The second one of them turns their head i am licking a fry and putting it back on their plate.

#26380 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 02 October 2019 - 06:00 PM

You seem to have a lot of anger since you came back from your hiatus. Everything ok?
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

Share this topic:

• 1532 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

17 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 17 guests, 0 anonymous users