• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What's messing with your groove?

#26021 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 27 May 2019 - 07:03 PM

I feel like this thread is cursed. Bad things keep happening in it.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#26022 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 28 May 2019 - 12:36 PM

View Postworry, on 27 May 2019 - 07:03 PM, said:

I feel like this thread is cursed. Bad things keep happening in it.

Personally I blame Esslemont.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#26023 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 28 May 2019 - 02:51 PM

No, ICE only gets the blame if something bad happens on a ship.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#26024 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 29 May 2019 - 01:12 AM

View PostLackluster Bachelorette, on 29 May 2019 - 12:31 AM, said:

I had to cover my ass and hope the lid stays on this potential clusterfuck I just thrust myself into.

Omg

Impossible to tell if this is figurative or literal.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#26025 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 29 May 2019 - 01:46 AM

BK being BK. It’s a full time job.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#26026 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 29 May 2019 - 03:52 AM

I told you rereading Tigana was a bad idea but did you listen..?
NoooOOOOOoooooo.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#26027 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 31 May 2019 - 08:27 AM

I'm Pissed

I moved banks in January. Told them to close everything. They paid me a few hundrend rand left int he account and I moved to a differnet bank. No problem. In march I found out they didn't close my credit card and I owed 3 months of fees on the card, I thought fuck it, paid the hundred rand outstanding and asked them to close it. Not its May and I owe three months of fees on the card and PSN automatically renewed my PS Plus membership of the card for R1000. So I guess Ill have to pay it. I would always have bought the PS PluS SO I'm not fuming about that. I'm fuming because they act like I'm a criminal ignoring my credit card bills when I have asked them twice to close it. I want an apology, that's all! Ill pay the damn money! I just want an apology, an acknowledgment of their mistake, they reverse the interest (minimal as it is a gesture of apology) and promisr to fix any damage they did to my credit score. Instead everybody I speak to acts like nothing weird is going on. One even admitted to me their is a tag in the file saying to close the account after I paid the hudred rand back in march!

#26028 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 31 May 2019 - 09:36 AM

View PostCause, on 31 May 2019 - 08:27 AM, said:

I'm Pissed

I moved banks in January. Told them to close everything. They paid me a few hundrend rand left int he account and I moved to a differnet bank. No problem. In march I found out they didn't close my credit card and I owed 3 months of fees on the card, I thought fuck it, paid the hundred rand outstanding and asked them to close it. Not its May and I owe three months of fees on the card and PSN automatically renewed my PS Plus membership of the card for R1000. So I guess Ill have to pay it. I would always have bought the PS PluS SO I'm not fuming about that. I'm fuming because they act like I'm a criminal ignoring my credit card bills when I have asked them twice to close it. I want an apology, that's all! Ill pay the damn money! I just want an apology, an acknowledgment of their mistake, they reverse the interest (minimal as it is a gesture of apology) and promisr to fix any damage they did to my credit score. Instead everybody I speak to acts like nothing weird is going on. One even admitted to me their is a tag in the file saying to close the account after I paid the hudred rand back in march!

Did you get anything in writing? A reference number for a phone call?
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#26029 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 01 June 2019 - 11:24 AM

I paid! Was easier to pay the money than spend another hour complaining to a supervisor. I feel violated!

I dont think they do it on purpose but half of all the support staff you speak to on the phone are incompetent so you go from one person to the next with no one able to adress the issue,

#26030 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 01 June 2019 - 01:07 PM

Dude, you shouldn't be paying. You're out over a thousand Rand on this already.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#26031 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 01 June 2019 - 01:41 PM

This sounds like a terrible bank.

At my bank there's one employee connected to me personally. Any request or question is either directed right to them or handled by them as soon as possible. If it's not their expertise they get somebody else in but they follow up.

You're their customer. Their service should reflect that.

#26032 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 01 June 2019 - 02:26 PM

View Postamphibian, on 01 June 2019 - 01:07 PM, said:

I'm okay with the PS plus, I would have bought it anyway. Im out R100 in bank fees I shouldn't have to pay. However it was not worth the aggravation over such a small amount and if I delayed longer they would report me, which would effect my credit rating and I need that to be pristine for the next few months as I prepare to leave.

View PostAptorian, on 01 June 2019 - 01:41 PM, said:

At my bank there's one employee connected to me personally. Any request or question is either directed right to them or handled by them as soon as possible. If it's not their expertise they get somebody else in but they follow up.

A private banker is for high tier customers only. With the bank I tried to close my credit card with I was a student, they gave me minimum services for minimum fees (vast majority of the country is on this level). My new bank has me on a level where I have a team of bankers, I dont have one man point of contact, instead their is a pool of people I can chat with. Not a huge step up. They are offering me to move up to private banking like what you describe, it has a higher montly cost but it would be worth it. The only reason I havent jumped on it is because as you move up a banking tier you also need to earn more, spend more have more assests to qualift for banking rewards and saving on fees etc. Normally I wouldnt be considered rich enough to qualify for a private banker but I have excellent credit and having been playing the system to maximize my rewards etc so I look good to their records and they pre-approved me.

A private banker is a very rare thing in sa though

#26033 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 01 June 2019 - 02:32 PM

View PostCause, on 01 June 2019 - 02:26 PM, said:

View Postamphibian, on 01 June 2019 - 01:07 PM, said:

I'm okay with the PS plus, I would have bought it anyway. Im out R100 in bank fees I shouldn't have to pay. However it was not worth the aggravation over such a small amount and if I delayed longer they would report me, which would effect my credit rating and I need that to be pristine for the next few months as I prepare to leave.

View PostAptorian, on 01 June 2019 - 01:41 PM, said:

A private banker is for high tier customers only. With the bank I tried to close my credit card with I was a student, they gave me minimum services for minimum fees (vast majority of the country is on this level). My new bank has me on a level where I have a team of bankers, I dont have one man point of contact, instead their is a pool of people I can chat with. Not a huge step up. They are offering me to move up to private banking like what you describe, it has a higher montly cost but it would be worth it. The only reason I havent jumped on it is because as you move up a banking tier you also need to earn more, spend more have more assests to qualift for banking rewards and saving on fees etc. Normally I wouldnt be considered rich enough to qualify for a private banker but I have excellent credit and having been playing the system to maximize my rewards etc so I look good to their records and they pre-approved me.

A private banker is a very rare thing in sa though

Private bankers are rare everywhere. What Apt is talking about is more of an account manager. Even then most people don't normally bother, but having a "go-to" person at your local branch shouldn't cost any money.

Though whatever system you're describing sounds pointless and kind of corrupt. You shouldn't be paying any yearly fees for access to banking support. At most in Aus/NZ you'd pay credit card fees and, unless your bank is an asshole, maybe a transactional account monthly fee that gets waived if you get your salaray credited there. Most banking in developed nations has moved away from fee-based structures (that's not entirely a good thing, of course, as banks are mostly making profits now through their investment and lending arms, meaning they are more likely to do things that damage the economy on a large scale, but that's a different story), but I've never heard of a bank charging you for being on a certain tier of service. :S

Also if you had previously told the bank to close the account and they failed to do so (though here you would have needed to fill out a closure request form/done so online), they should have refunded you the fees, no question. Especially if there is a note on file. That's the bank's fault and you shouldn't have to pay for it. Understand the desire just to have it closed and not risk the bank claiming you're in default but the fact it was not a 5-minute conversation resulting in a refund and closure sounds scammy to me. Make absolutely sure they've closed it this time.

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#26034 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 06 June 2019 - 09:20 PM

I found out today that both my sisters are in the process of going through a breakup with their children's fathers. On one hand, I'm extremely happy to see one of the dads go - he was a fucking abusive tool bag who was guilting my sister into being his green card and full financial support system cause he knocked her up the night they met - and have no strong feelings either way about the other one - he was awkward and weird, but was mostly an okay guy otherwise. On the other, I'm just really sad at times like this that I live 6 hours away from my family.

I really wish I could just jump on the bus and go give my sisters a hug.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#26035 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 07 June 2019 - 10:27 AM

View PostBlend, on 06 June 2019 - 09:20 PM, said:

I found out today that both my sisters are in the process of going through a breakup with their children's fathers. On one hand, I'm extremely happy to see one of the dads go - he was a fucking abusive tool bag who was guilting my sister into being his green card and full financial support system cause he knocked her up the night they met - and have no strong feelings either way about the other one - he was awkward and weird, but was mostly an okay guy otherwise. On the other, I'm just really sad at times like this that I live 6 hours away from my family.

Good riddance to trash in the first instance. Long run it will be for the better.

I have the same problem. I'm ecstatic because my sister is finally gonna divorce her deadbeat, drug addict husband. That said its still a blow for her, and I don't celebrate the destruction of his life its taken for him to get to this point. Basically my sister again once again extended a helping hand to him, and let him spend a few nights in a downstairs room (against my advice). An old cellphone went missing, her engagement ring went missing, she found burnt tinfoil in his room along with the missing items when she decided to look. My sister doesn't wear her engagement ring anymore and she hid it in her bathroom when he came over, I'm guessing he thought that she had just forgotten it there and so he took it. instead of getting a lucky score he actually got caught.

I'm glad we are getting some closure at last though. I have told her for a long time she needs the divorce if only to allow her to move on.

This post has been edited by Cause: 07 June 2019 - 10:29 AM

#26036 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 07 June 2019 - 11:06 PM

View PostCause, on 07 June 2019 - 10:27 AM, said:

View PostBlend, on 06 June 2019 - 09:20 PM, said:

Good riddance to trash in the first instance. Long run it will be for the better.

I have the same problem. I'm ecstatic because my sister is finally gonna divorce her deadbeat, drug addict husband. That said its still a blow for her, and I don't celebrate the destruction of his life its taken for him to get to this point. Basically my sister again once again extended a helping hand to him, and let him spend a few nights in a downstairs room (against my advice). An old cellphone went missing, her engagement ring went missing, she found burnt tinfoil in his room along with the missing items when she decided to look. My sister doesn't wear her engagement ring anymore and she hid it in her bathroom when he came over, I'm guessing he thought that she had just forgotten it there and so he took it. instead of getting a lucky score he actually got caught.

I'm glad we are getting some closure at last though. I have told her for a long time she needs the divorce if only to allow her to move on.

Yeah, they're both still in the very early stages of the whole process, so we'll see how things go.

I'm sorry to hear about your sister's husband. Addiction is a difficult thing for everyone to go through (and by that I mean not only the addict, but everyone around him that cares for him or cares for people who care for him too). The best thing to do is just be there for your sister, and I know that about my situation too, but it's still difficult to watch them go through it eh?
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#26037 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 09 June 2019 - 04:51 PM

I haven't played football in 18 years. I still get regular dreams where i forget my helmet for a game.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#26038 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 09 June 2019 - 05:37 PM

It's been a bit of an allergocalypse here since yesterday. The weather is downright pleasant with some hefty winds and everything and their dog is blooming and the wind is making sure the pollen get into every last nook and cranny. Even my mother is sniffing and sneezing all day and she's usually mildly sensitive to pollen at worst. Been a fun two days so far. Thank science for cortisone.

This post has been edited by Puck: 09 June 2019 - 05:38 PM

Puck was not birthed, she was cleaved from a lava flow and shaped by a fierce god's hands. - [worry]
Ninja Puck, Ninja Puck, really doesn't give a fuck..? - [King Lear]

#26039 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 10 June 2019 - 07:00 AM

Stepmum's been taken into hospital, on an SD. Doesn't recognise anyone - my dad, or her kids.

Either it's metastasised further into the brain, or she's had a stroke, or has an infection, but either way, I'm expecting The Call at any time.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#26040 User is offline   Lady Bliss 

• Shameless Minister of Silly Catwalks of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 10 June 2019 - 11:53 AM

Oh my goodness Maark,,, I’m so sorry you are going through this... I hope all turns out well.
"If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?" - Shylock

Share this topic:

• 1531 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

22 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 22 guests, 0 anonymous users

1. Facebook