• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What's messing with your groove?

#26001 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 22 May 2019 - 08:32 AM

I fired a guy yesterday.
Ive been working with him for like 2 years. And I know him from outside work as well. but this last 6 months I've been carrying him. making excuses for him and having to fight to stop my bosses firing him. And all I've got in return is a shitty attitude and fuck all work.
I finally snapped yesterday when he started giving shit so I told him to pack his tools and fuck off.

rang the boss, got a flight booked for him and booked a site box home for his tools.

this morning he came back into work and started asking me what my fucking problem was etc. I just told him I'd had enough, his tools would be lifted at mid day and shipped home. He packed up his stuff, took the big combination padlock off one of our other boxes and locked his stuff up, changing the code.

I figured he was gonna nick some stuff, lik materials, that didn't bother me, it's just a few mcbs and stuff, we all steal them anyway.
But something made me go and check our store, couldn't find our battery hole punch set (this costs about a grand and half). Got the bolt cutters out and cut the lock off his site box and what was sitting in there?

I know he's going to try and justify it as saying its insurance to make sure he gets paid etc, but fuck that shit.
Firing him didn't bother me, well it did a bit the way it happened, but I've had people screaming at me to sack him for months so it was coming anyway. But on his behalf, I thought he was better than that.

#26002 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 22 May 2019 - 01:06 PM

Also, technically could be arrested for theft...

MK, looks nice up there!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#26003 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 22 May 2019 - 01:10 PM

That's rubbish Macros :doh: sounds like he had it coming but you'd always hope people would be at least civil about their departure if not graceful - that however is ridiculous.

One of the walk group really not taking the Three Peaks seriously. It's seven weeks away and other than the one training walk up Pen-y-Ghent that I basically had to organise him for he hasn't done a damned thing. The odd spin class in the gym is not going to prepare you for 25 miles of hill walking when you're overweight and not fit, you absolute moron.

Were people this what alcohol was invented for? :p

This post has been edited by TheRetiredBridgeburner: 22 May 2019 - 01:37 PM

- Wyrd biđ ful arćd -

#26004 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 22 May 2019 - 01:12 PM

Firing people sucks Mac, even if its justified.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#26005 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 22 May 2019 - 04:06 PM

A lightning strike took out a power line transformer (also snapped a cable and scorched the nearest wooden utility pole). Our neighborhood was dark for something like 18 hours. What we didn't anticipate is that the sump pump was running almost continuously due to heavy rains recently.

We got two inches of water in the basement and the rented gas pump did not work. I talked about the gas pump with my contractor brother and he said that they're dangerous pieces of shit usually and he'll do anything he can to not use them.

We tried everything we could past midnight and then just fell asleep out of exhaustion. The power came back on and the sump pump works again. However, the basement stiiiiiinks now.

We're putting paper plates of baking soda all over and trying to dry up the humidity, but it's going to be a rough week at least before the smell dissipates.

First up on the agenda after the wedding is putting some sort of generator system in place and getting a new basement window to replace the painted shut one that's next to the pump. I never want to deal with this mess again and I don't yet have the funds to redo the drainage and yard outside to fix this more fully.

We can't do a water pump bc we are on well water, not municipal.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#26006 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 23 May 2019 - 01:35 PM

Curse my anxiety. Ugh.
Puck was not birthed, she was cleaved from a lava flow and shaped by a fierce god's hands. - [worry]
Ninja Puck, Ninja Puck, really doesn't give a fuck..? - [King Lear]

#26007 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 23 May 2019 - 01:37 PM

View Postamphibian, on 22 May 2019 - 04:06 PM, said:

A lightning strike took out a power line transformer (also snapped a cable and scorched the nearest wooden utility pole). Our neighborhood was dark for something like 18 hours. What we didn't anticipate is that the sump pump was running almost continuously due to heavy rains recently.

We got two inches of water in the basement and the rented gas pump did not work. I talked about the gas pump with my contractor brother and he said that they're dangerous pieces of shit usually and he'll do anything he can to not use them.

We tried everything we could past midnight and then just fell asleep out of exhaustion. The power came back on and the sump pump works again. However, the basement stiiiiiinks now.

We're putting paper plates of baking soda all over and trying to dry up the humidity, but it's going to be a rough week at least before the smell dissipates.

First up on the agenda after the wedding is putting some sort of generator system in place and getting a new basement window to replace the painted shut one that's next to the pump. I never want to deal with this mess again and I don't yet have the funds to redo the drainage and yard outside to fix this more fully.

We can't do a water pump bc we are on well water, not municipal.

If you can get a dehumidifier down there it will help a ton.

#26008 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 23 May 2019 - 04:25 PM

Stepmum has opted to not continue treatment.

This year.

This fucking year.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#26009 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 23 May 2019 - 05:22 PM

Really sorry Maark :p
- Wyrd biđ ful arćd -

#26010 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 23 May 2019 - 06:59 PM

View PostSlow Ben, on 23 May 2019 - 01:37 PM, said:

We have one there all the time, due to how damp it can get. It's working, but we're trying to help it out.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#26011 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 23 May 2019 - 07:56 PM

View Postamphibian, on 23 May 2019 - 06:59 PM, said:

View PostSlow Ben, on 23 May 2019 - 01:37 PM, said:

We have one there all the time, due to how damp it can get. It's working, but we're trying to help it out.

👍. I figured you did. Good luck.

#26012 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 24 May 2019 - 05:21 AM

View PostMezla PigDog, on 20 May 2019 - 05:35 PM, said:

Stayed in the house all day waiting for a hastily purchased new TV to arrive after my son smashed the old one yesterday.

Well at least that future career as a rock star seems to be a lock. Just keep him away from groupies with fish. :p
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#26013 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 24 May 2019 - 07:16 AM

And now mum in law's cat died. She was 16 and went peacefully.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#26014 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 27 May 2019 - 08:16 AM

My Mother is financially Illiterate! Worse she seems to prefer wallowing in ignorance than doing anything to change it!

This weekend she mentioned moving houses after I moved to America, so the commute for her and my sister would be closer to my nephews school for the next twelve years. She also wants to move into a complex because she believes (incorrectly, I have shown her the data) that it would be safe. I told her that she and my sister need to seriously make plans to come to America as well. This then led to one of her favorite complaints, she is borderline destitute and further that she would be even poorer after converting her money to dollars.

My fathers entire estate was left to my mother on his passing. She is not billionaire rich, she is not multi-millionaire dollar rich but she is upper-middle class comfortable as far as South Africans go. Now the problem is that she is retired and it has to last her until she dies, so she needs to smart but she is not destitute.

My mother will buy a new shirt a week for 50$ and then buy the generic of Coca-Cola because she is too poor to afford the real one, saving $0.05 a bottle. That's fine, I cant even tell the difference but the mentality of it is what bothers me. I describe her as penny wise and pound foolish. 10% of my dads state is kept overseas and they wont release the money to her until she travels there in person, she keeps pushing it off. She complains she is poor but wont make the effort to go increase her net worth by 10%! She complains about the price of the plane ticket, I explain what does it matter to spend 1 plane ticker to earn 10 plane tickets back. She complains she would miss out on a few weeks of giving extra lessons (she is retired but works part time), I explain what does it matter to lose 1-2 weeks pay to earn a yearns worth.

Worse she tends to ignore any advice I give her, until someone else tells her the same thing and then she comes and tells me my own advice back to me and how smart it is. When I wound up my dads estate and she was finally in possession of the money I told her we needed to put it to work right away. Every month it wasn't invested properly she was losing a significant amount of money to lost interest and returns etc. She ignored me, ignored me and finally a financial manager told her the same thing and she was suddenly horrified she hadn't moved sooner.

Obviously when my dad was alive he handled these things and she finds herself in control in a lot of money and out of her depth. However surely she can make some effort to understand the money her future depends upon, or take advice from a few trustworthy people who do.

I'm seriously worried to leave her behind

#26015 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 27 May 2019 - 12:28 PM

Have I mentioned today how much I hate my job already? I don't think so. Here we go: I HATE my job.
Puck was not birthed, she was cleaved from a lava flow and shaped by a fierce god's hands. - [worry]
Ninja Puck, Ninja Puck, really doesn't give a fuck..? - [King Lear]

#26016 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 27 May 2019 - 04:21 PM

Brexit and all brexit related things and the people who voted for it and continue to support this self destructive waste of time and money.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#26017 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 27 May 2019 - 05:43 PM

Favorite pad thai food truck had a massive lineup, bad weather made waiting a no-go.
Opted for food court pad thai instead.

Mistake.

Dear tastebuds, dear stomach... forgive me. I was a fool.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#26018 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 27 May 2019 - 05:49 PM

View PostAbyss, on 27 May 2019 - 05:43 PM, said:

Favorite pad thai food truck had a massive lineup, bad weather made waiting a no-go.

Mistake.

Oh man, food court Pad Thai (Can I assume it was Thai Express?) is always a mistake.

When the Mrs. was in the early portion of labor with our son, she saw that I was exhausted and hungry and sent me down to the hospital food court to get something to bring back up and it was food court Pad Thai....ugh....SO bad.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#26019 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 27 May 2019 - 06:09 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 27 May 2019 - 05:49 PM, said:

Mistake.

Oh man, food court Pad Thai (Can I assume it was Thai Express?) is always a mistake.

When the Mrs. was in the early portion of labor with our son, she saw that I was exhausted and hungry and sent me down to the hospital food court to get something to bring back up and it was food court Pad Thai....ugh....SO bad.

I would not deliberately yes slam any particular yes it was business as this was just awful my subjective personal horrible over seasoned badly cooked and THE FUCKERS FORGOT MY CASHEWS experience.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#26020 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 27 May 2019 - 06:57 PM

View PostAbyss, on 27 May 2019 - 06:09 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 27 May 2019 - 05:49 PM, said:

Mistake.

I would not deliberately yes slam any particular yes it was business as this was just awful my subjective personal horrible over seasoned badly cooked and THE FUCKERS FORGOT MY CASHEWS experience.

Ah yes. I see.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

Share this topic:

• 1531 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

17 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 17 guests, 0 anonymous users

1. Facebook