• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What's messing with your groove?

#25741 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 07 April 2019 - 08:39 AM

Does it have a pair of truck nuts hanging off the trailer hitch?

#25742 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 07 April 2019 - 10:54 AM

View PostBriar King, on 07 April 2019 - 01:47 AM, said:

New neighbors ain’t been in a day and I already hate it. Fuckers put up a street lamp that now beams directly into our bedroom windows and puts a spotlight on my tree stump area all 5 spots where I worshipped Nahadoth/Anomander and could get rid of migraines in total darkness minus fire light and this will also fuck up my stargazing with its light pollution.

This absolutely blows.

That streetlight has to go, BK.

Fair or foul means, it's got to! Invasive light pollution is as bad as noise.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#25743 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 07 April 2019 - 03:38 PM

L.D.S.

#25744 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 08 April 2019 - 11:20 AM

View PostBriar King, on 07 April 2019 - 01:47 AM, said:

New neighbors ain’t been in a day and I already hate it. Fuckers put up a street lamp that now beams directly into our bedroom windows and puts a spotlight on my tree stump area all 5 spots where I worshipped Nahadoth/Anomander and could get rid of migraines in total darkness minus fire light and this will also fuck up my stargazing with its light pollution.

This absolutely blows.

Yes, Fuck light pollution. I just realized this is happening to me at home and its killing me. I have been complaining for weeks that I'm tired and not sleeping well and didn't really put two and two together. I have my PC in my room and its always been there and I leave it on and it has blue Leds and I never quite put two and two together but my room is so fucking bright. So last night I said enough is enough and I made an effort and I turned of the pc completely, something I never do, disconnected every charger etc that may have a flashing led and realized my room was still bright enough to see in.

I cant believe I never noticed, didn't realize the change, but my neighbor has this giant ass blue lamp in the street that shines on their plants and water features and is angled into my fucking bedroom! I just thought it was the blue led from my pc. I cant fathom how I never realized it! I need to say something to them but I feel they will think I'm exaggerating because its been up for god knows how long without me saying anything already

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

My government just released the findings of a stuy they did. At any given day 10% of teachers are absent from government schools. Minister of education has said she will find ways to support teachers more? What? How about you discipline people who are not doing their jobs and support the teachers! South Africa spends more than any African country as a % of GDP on education and has the worst education outcomes.

This post has been edited by Cause: 08 April 2019 - 11:25 AM

#25745 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 08 April 2019 - 08:37 PM

Sort your shit out UK and Europe. The overt ugly racism that is dominating the news regarding your professional football leagues is a disgrace. Do better.

#25746 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 09 April 2019 - 02:56 AM

... uhh, People in glass countries shouldn't throw stones.

#25747 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 09 April 2019 - 08:41 AM

View PostMalankazooie, on 08 April 2019 - 08:37 PM, said:

Sort your shit out UK and Europe. The overt ugly racism that is dominating the news regarding your professional football leagues is a disgrace. Do better.

Yeah maybe when you don't have a bunch of petty white supremacist fascists in government then you guys can lecture us on racism?
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#25748 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 09 April 2019 - 12:17 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 09 April 2019 - 08:41 AM, said:

View PostMalankazooie, on 08 April 2019 - 08:37 PM, said:

Yeah maybe when you don't have a bunch of petty white supremacist fascists in government then you guys can lecture us on racism?

Can't we all get along and lecture each other on how fucked up 40% of our populations are?
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#25749 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 10 April 2019 - 04:07 PM

https://www.ctvnews....tears-1.4373494

Sweat bees.

FUCKING SWEAT BEES THAT LIVE IN YOUR EYES
AND FEED ON YOUR PAIN AND UNHAPPINESS
BECAUSE, OH, I DUNNO, FUCKING BEES LIVING IN YOUR EYES.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#25750 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 10 April 2019 - 05:14 PM

Bee h-eye-ves.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#25751 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 10 April 2019 - 05:15 PM

Putting on a 300 person wedding in four months is a tough task. That's fine. But I am very, very frustrated with the poor communication abilities of my family and extended family.

Being ordered to attend meetings with them on forty minutes notice when we have meetings with vendors already planned and communicated with the family is rage inducing. They don't think, they don't listen, and they don't deliver on time the lists they've been asked to produce.

How the fuck do these people think 300 person events happen in places outside of Nepal?
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#25752 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 10 April 2019 - 05:54 PM

About that, Amph my invite hasn't arrived yet...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#25753 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 10 April 2019 - 06:00 PM

And if you still want that aerial show with the drone-mounted dragons, smoke text, and spray-painted doves, i'm going to need that deposit and your font selection.

#25754 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 10 April 2019 - 06:04 PM

View Postamphibian, on 10 April 2019 - 05:15 PM, said:

Putting on a 300 person wedding in four months is a tough task. That's fine. But I am very, very frustrated with the poor communication abilities of my family and extended family.

This will only get worse as you close in on the day. There was literally no avoiding it. It happens to us all. My wife got VERY good at putting people in their place, even close family.

View Postamphibian, on 10 April 2019 - 05:15 PM, said:

Being ordered to attend meetings with them on forty minutes notice when we have meetings with vendors already planned and communicated with the family is rage inducing. They don't think, they don't listen, and they don't deliver on time the lists they've been asked to produce.

And you will have to HOUND many of them to make it occur. Like repeatedly.

Also, vendors are GOING to fuck up. They simply are. You are running the logistics of the equivalent of a huge movie set that has about 4 hours to shoot the whole movie, full of moving parts, and everyone is a rank amateur to boot and none of them can or usually will work in concert. As such, you need to let these things fall. Our "planner" fucked up about 6 different things on the day, the venue about 3 more, and a few other logistics went for a shit too. We were told to let it roll as there would be no helping it. You can plan and plan and plan, but people will mangle shit on your day. Going into it knowing this, helped me deal with it more calmly when I wanted to rage because the venue didn't put the AirCon on in time to prevent the place from being a heatbox while hundreds of people were in it during the reception....which also caused our "midnight" snack option (custom made, while you wait, ice cream sandwiches) to fucking melt...stuff will go awry. Let it.

Also, this is one my wife suggests to everyone who is getting married: Take one moment, post-ceremony, during the party where you and your spouse go off ALL by yourself for five minutes and just breathe, enjoy the quiet moment together, alone. That day (or days, depending on the type of celebration) will utterly whiz past you and if you don't allow yourself that moment it will all blur and fuzz together. I still remember the moment my wife and I took on our own. It seems silly, but it's important.

Man, it's going to be crazy as you ramp into this, but it will all be worth it on the other side.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#25755 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 10 April 2019 - 06:49 PM

Plan B: elope.

#25756 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 10 April 2019 - 07:31 PM

QuikTidal, thanks for the advice. Our difficulty lies more in the "my family wants all manner of things, yet cannot communicate clearly what those things should be or provide easy access to the people who know what those things are. Most of these are Nepali ritual and family tradition specific and it's become very frustrating to deal with. "This person knows what the list is or what the acts are, but will tell you them at a later date that isn't now" becomes frustrating when trying to plan dates for vendor visits, getting dresses that comply with requirements, or even getting a clear idea of how the days will go. There's so many stake holders that are used to the last minute style that it's straining my considerable patience for this - and has hurt my partner. We're staying solid as a team and I've been stellar about warning her of this, informing her of the context, and staying resolute with her on our non negotiable things. But it's still happening.

Andorion can probably shed more light on the South Asian proclivity to faff about on weddings. They/we seem to just not plan the same way most people do and the feelings of the people actually getting married matter less than the feelings and status of the senior family members.

View PostAbyss, on 10 April 2019 - 06:49 PM, said:

Plan B: elope.

We were tempted, but it would majorly hurt my family and extended network if we did this. They want to be included in the major happenings of a clan member and to ensure that what is happening is happening nicely and well. Weddings in Nepali/South Asian tradition are a platform for lots of deals to be made between people. Business deals, possible future marriages, and land deals are the most common. It's almost to the point where the wedding becomes a partner to all this, rather than the focal point.

#25757 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 10 April 2019 - 07:33 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 10 April 2019 - 05:54 PM, said:

About that, Amph my invite hasn't arrived yet...

Simeon, if you are serious, come. I will ensure you and your wife have a good time. September 7, in Albany NY area.

#25758 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 10 April 2019 - 08:59 PM

Dang I'd love to! Time and money might be an issue though. My brother's wife's family live in NY State too so I could double up and visit them haha...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#25759 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 11 April 2019 - 12:29 PM

View Postamphibian, on 10 April 2019 - 07:31 PM, said:

QuikTidal, thanks for the advice. Our difficulty lies more in the "my family wants all manner of things, yet cannot communicate clearly what those things should be or provide easy access to the people who know what those things are. Most of these are Nepali ritual and family tradition specific and it's become very frustrating to deal with. "This person knows what the list is or what the acts are, but will tell you them at a later date that isn't now" becomes frustrating when trying to plan dates for vendor visits, getting dresses that comply with requirements, or even getting a clear idea of how the days will go. There's so many stake holders that are used to the last minute style that it's straining my considerable patience for this - and has hurt my partner. We're staying solid as a team and I've been stellar about warning her of this, informing her of the context, and staying resolute with her on our non negotiable things. But it's still happening.

Oh geez, yeah that adds a whole new wrinkle to an already stressful event planning. Hopefully you can wrangle them into confirmations as early as you can. That sounds like nightmare, and weddings are already a nightmare to plan. Good luck!
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#25760 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 11 April 2019 - 01:53 PM

Just got rejected by the blood service at work, they come every few months or so to do a blood drive. I didn't know this but it turns out you cant donate blood for five years after cancer. I didn't donate when I had cancer obviously and during the recovery but for the last year or so I just didn't donate because like magic, during every blood drive I was sick. I went to this one and I was happy to go again, I believe its a great thing to do, and it really sucked to be told I couldn't.

Also will impact my finances in America when I cant sell my blood! Seriosuly for between 25 and 75 dollars for an hours donation that can save lives, why doesn't everyone do it?

Share this topic:

• 1523 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users