• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Your current project? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 07 October 2008 - 10:54 PM

What are you currently working on to add to the encyclopedia? I have no idea who can see this forum, but if we list what we're doing, it should be easier to co-ordinate so that no one is working at cross-purposes, as well as adding in any useful info we might have for other contributors.

Personally, I'm working on chapter summaries for Deadhouse Gates. Done the prologue and first four chapters so far, out of about 24... It's a long slog! If anyone has character info they want from the book which they can't find themselves, let me know and I'll keep an eye out. Already got a few things for minor characters, like Kimloc...
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#2 User is offline   Lisheo 

• Difference Engineer
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:All of the things.

Posted 08 October 2008 - 10:59 AM

If anyone has anything they want to delegate to me, Ill do my best to get it done quickly, Ive plenty of free time at the moment.
“People have wanted to narrate since first we banged rocks together & wondered about fire. There’ll be tellings as long as there are any of us here, until the stars disappear one by one like turned-out lights.”
- China Mieville

#3 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 08 October 2008 - 04:41 PM

Well at the moment my current project is try and read everything thats submitted, which recently isn't so much, and check for obvious errors. If on the offchance I actually have some free-time I shall be updating the dramatis personae so it is more like the dramatis personae in the books with a short phrase as too who an individual is.

Oh and hopefully I should be able to look into sorting out this group thing over the weekend, at the moment everyone can see this forum, which I like, so this will just be a useful recruiting base and general co-ordination area.

#4 User is offline   Dancer+ 

• A Driven Individual
  • Group: Team Handsome

Posted 13 October 2008 - 10:56 AM

I'm happy to join the Wiki team. I'm confident I can succinctly draft up detailed but concise answers to FAQ questions, I'm also confident I can go back and find references/quotes or edit the wording to better reflect the reality. What do you think?

I'm okay with the user group stuff here for the moment ;)

#5 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 13 October 2008 - 05:01 PM

Welcome aboard! Sign up for a pb wiki account and get editing, the more the merrier.

Oh and are you suggesting that the wiki logo is not as cool as the team handsome one? (well your right, I moved brood into the wiki group just so he didn't have a cooler logo than me ;))

#6 User is offline   Cougar 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • View gallery

Posted 14 October 2008 - 02:29 PM

I really feel I should contribute; I've got so much out of the Malazan Empire and I've given nothing back, I'll see what i can do although with my advancing years I may be a little slow on the Wiki.
I AM A TWAT

#7 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 22 October 2008 - 03:40 AM

I'm currently working on a timeline (Oh No!) which may or may not end up referenced in the wiki. It's mostly just focusing on actual events from the books (no past things like warren-shaping or tiste wars, etc.), but unlike most previous timelines, this one is highly visual-looking, with actual plotted bars and connecting lines to descriptions etc. I hope to be able to do a short one for each book and use construction lines to connect synchronous events through them. Should be fun when complete. I'm using MS Visio for this, btw. As I go through each book collecting timeline events, I'm also taking notes on more obscure characters that I come across so any missing quotes can be added for them as well.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#8 User is offline   Notelrac 

• Recruit
  • Group: Wiki Contributor

Posted 22 October 2008 - 07:25 PM

I finished TtH last week, and am going to go through the series again. As I'm reading, if I'm near my computer, I'll stop and enter in a wiki entry. I'll automatically put in any description of a character, because that isn't a spoiler.

I'm curious about spoiler material, in fact. For example, someone looking up Bugg would see "Mael" listed as an alias. Which changes your perspective on his conversations, and explains some of his encounters.

#9 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 22 October 2008 - 08:40 PM

The spoiler policy on the wiki is currently that if the book is in wide release, expect to see information from the books on the wiki, otherwise we'd just have spoiler tags all over the place. The FAQ on the other hand is spoiler free unless marked.

#10 User is offline   Wordmerchant 

• Lieutenant
  • Interests:Writer, Miniature Painter

Posted 22 October 2008 - 09:01 PM

I was in there the other day, doing some minor spell check stuff and link checking.
Spin Doctor to The Errant. Because nothing says I love you like a little nudge!

#11 User is offline   Apocalypse Now 

• Black Wave in the Middle of the Sea

Posted 20 January 2009 - 12:31 AM

Articles I plan on working on:

More detailed summaries of all the books
The Moranth (completed)
Bridgeburners (completed)
T'lan Imass
Kruppe
Jaghut
Moranth Munitions

Will update this just to keep track :)

This post has been edited by Apocalypse Now: 20 January 2009 - 01:27 AM

He who was living is now dead
We who were living are now dying

#12 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 29 September 2009 - 05:52 AM

Thread necro - I might add an article on Vengeance/Grief.
I've got the basic quotes from HoC handy, but if anyone has the stuff from RotCG, TtH, or elsewhere, that'd be nice. :D

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#13 User is offline   Nagrom 

• Bard
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:music, music and Malazan

Posted 20 October 2009 - 12:32 AM

Working on the maps and any bits and bob I come across

#14 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 26 October 2009 - 10:33 PM

My current project appears to be massively slacking off and not doing much writing or editing at all...

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#15 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 26 October 2009 - 11:40 PM

^ As above

Who knew university could involve this much work?

#16 User is offline   Phael 

• Recruit
  • Interests:I like jumping out of planes :) also boxing, gym, watching footy, playing WoW (if you lived where I lived you'd get your kicks where you can too)

Posted 29 October 2009 - 12:55 PM

I'm currently on my thid run through of the series (MBotF, hope to do the ICE stuff after) and would love to get involved in this project, how would I go about it? I live in Afghanistan so have mountains of time on my hands!

#17 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 29 October 2009 - 01:03 PM

Head to the wiki hereand sign up for account.

Then contribute wherever you feel best.

#18 User is offline   TheSurvivor 

• Captain
  • Interests:Reading and Writing pretty much dominate this section.

Posted 24 July 2010 - 05:07 AM

I wanted to confirm this with someone before I went ahead and did anything and this seemed the best thread to do it. Is there really no mention of the Unbound in the encyclopedia? Cause I went through the entire Dramatis Personae and didn't seem them. Maybe I missed something cause it seems odd to skip over them. However, if they don't have a page yet then I'll get started on one after I recieve confirmation.
The world needs hypocrites...unfortunate but true.

#19 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 24 July 2010 - 11:47 AM

Looks like the unbound have not been added, using the search function in the top right will tell you what pages have been created and which haven't. Feel free to add anything you like to the wiki, myself and hetan who manage the wiki don't have enough time to check over everything, but if something isn't there, do a search and if you still can't find it, add a page.

#20 User is offline   Hetan 

• Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • View gallery
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 24 July 2010 - 01:04 PM

There is a page for the Seven of the Dead Fires (The Unbound) in the House of Chains link in the Deck of Dragons section.

Currently it's blank - it's a placeholder - so feel free to add to that if you like.
I'm surprised they're not in the DP though.

It used to be a lot easier to find things on the wiki before the sidebar was altered to it's current format - I should really get round to changing it to a more user friendly layout - can't find any thing on there anymore as a lot of things were lumped under miscellany.
"He was not a modest man. Contemplating suicide, he summoned a dragon". (Gothos' Folly)- Gothos

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users