• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Merry Manky Malazan Meet v3.0

#61 User is offline   House Paran 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 18 October 2008 - 08:04 PM

Hi all,

I might shuffle along, I am new to the forum and would like to meet some fellow Malazanites (new word ?), I assume you are talking about Manchester in England ?

I don't drink, so I can hold the digicam when the orgy starts, and be that mystery 5th hand that always appears from the bottom of the screen  :p

#62 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 18 October 2008 - 10:43 PM

You'll be welcome :p I may try and force a drink upon you by mistake if I'm already drunk, from previous memory... don't take it personally :p
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#63 User is offline   House Paran 

• Recruit

Posted 19 October 2008 - 07:53 AM

View Postcaladanbrood, on Oct 18 2008, 11:43 PM, said:

You'll be welcome :p I may try and force a drink upon you by mistake if I'm already drunk, from previous memory... don't take it personally :p

No problem, I haven't drank since I was 21, so I am used to disbelivers attempting to ply me with booze.

The 6th would be best for me, I have other stuff happening later in the month, when I say "I", I really mean my pan lids.

#64 User is offline   Dancer+ 

• A Driven Individual
  • Group: Team Handsome

Posted 19 October 2008 - 06:20 PM

If we can get some times and an absolute date sorted (the 6th or the 25th?!) then I can make plans and get the trains booked.

#65 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 19 October 2008 - 07:22 PM

6th, 6th, 6th!

So, to be clear, the sixth :p
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#66 User is offline   eekwibble 

• Only...
  • Interests:West Haaaaaaaaaaam!!!!!

Posted 19 October 2008 - 11:33 PM

Booked it off. I've informed Phillthy of the date but he's in Bangor Uni so he's still hedging on an appearance. You guys are so lucky I'm going to be there though that it shouldn't matter! :p
QUOTE (amphibian @ Nov 11 2008) <Rake himself was a huge weight inside Draconus and he didn't go in with an army.>

#67 User is offline   Dancer+ 

• A Driven Individual
  • Group: Team Handsome

Posted 20 October 2008 - 09:45 AM

Good show. What about times? We need to heap pressure onto the flawless one.

#68 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 20 October 2008 - 09:49 AM

Times? Urm... from the beginning of the day... to the beginning of the next day. And beyond, if neccessary. Most times in-between too.

WHAT THE HELL KIND OF A QUESTION IS THAT?? :p

#69 User is offline   Cougar 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 20 October 2008 - 11:34 AM

Noon onwards,
I AM A TWAT

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 20 October 2008 - 05:30 PM

Sounds good to me - we'll be truckin for sure to Manky

#71 User is offline   Messremb 

• Honorary Symp of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • High Artificer of Team Quick Ben

Posted 20 October 2008 - 05:35 PM

I'll be having a week in Aberystwyth then so wont be able to make it alas. I'll make another one eventually, honest......
"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

#72 User is offline   eekwibble 

• Only...

Posted 20 October 2008 - 05:39 PM

As I suggested to Brood at the signing meet, we could start at the club I work at (Urmston Mens Club - it's not as bad as it sounds and we do allow women in). I can get a mass signing in form for groups. We can play some snooker, pool, darts (even dominoes if you REALLY want), whatever, drink relatively cheap beer (£2.03 for Carling, £1.82 for Tetleys, £2.27 for Guiness, £1.83 for Holt's Bitter on hand pump, £2.08 for Strongbow, and plenty more) then bus it into town. It's easy enough to find and just around the corner from the nearest bus stop. It's a really nice club and we have some fit new barmaids! You'll probably get to meet Pat though, she's 67 (huge tits though).

The busses that go that way are; 15, 22, 23, 245, 255 and 278.

Just an idea. If it's too much of a ball-ache for some or too far to travel then I'm down with whatever is decided.
QUOTE (amphibian @ Nov 11 2008) <Rake himself was a huge weight inside Draconus and he didn't go in with an army.>

#73 User is offline   Cougar 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 20 October 2008 - 07:59 PM

OK... or for those of us who don't want to spend the afternoon in a kind of unfunny Phoenix Nights episode in *shudder* Urmston we would be far better off meeting inthe centre of town anywhere around Pic Gardens like we did before since it's the easiest place to get to anywhere else and you risk hours of flapping by non-locals.

Basically for anyone coming in from the outlying areas it's got to be within a 5 minute walk of the 'Gardens as this is the easiest place to get into from the Metro, train or bus.
I AM A TWAT

#74 User is offline   eekwibble 

• Only...

Posted 21 October 2008 - 12:01 AM

There have been funny episodes of Phoenix Nights?

#75 User is offline   Phillthy 

• Recruit

Posted 22 October 2008 - 01:18 AM

Had a laugh at the book signing and would love to go out with you nutters again but i've got the same problems as others have with when term finishes, so i dunno, hopefully though!

#76 User is offline   Tyrion 

• Tyrion
  • Interests:My family, To Shin-Do, Ninjutsu, rock music

Posted 25 October 2008 - 09:15 AM

Ah, you really know the credit crunch is biting when you can't consider high brow intellectually stimulating get togethers like this one.
If I did win the lottery and could make it would anyone object/be surprised if I turned up in boiled leather armour or is that a no no?

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 25 October 2008 - 09:35 AM

If anyone living round the Cambridge area wants a lift, we can oblige.
Have to book your own hotel room though or blag your way onto someone's floor for the night :D
Mid-day sounds good too - as long as we can get some food at some point so I don't get betwattled and make an absolute arse of myself :p

#78 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 25 October 2008 - 10:45 AM

Food is certainly part of the plan, no worries there! Won't be too gourmet though, considering the company :D

Tyrion - the police might, but we're good :p

#79 User is offline   stone monkey 

• I'm the baddest man alive and I don't plan to die...
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods

Posted 27 October 2008 - 03:08 PM

View Postcaladanbrood, on Oct 25 2008, 11:45 AM, said:

Food is certainly part of the plan, no worries there! Won't be too gourmet though, considering the company :pizza:

Speak for yourself, I'll have you know that I've got sophistication blowin' out of mi arse!
If an opinion contrary to your own makes you angry, that is a sign that you are subconsciously aware of having no good reason for thinking as you do. If some one maintains that two and two are five, or that Iceland is on the equator, you feel pity rather than anger, unless you know so little of arithmetic or geography that his opinion shakes your own contrary conviction. … So whenever you find yourself getting angry about a difference of opinion, be on your guard; you will probably find, on examination, that your belief is going beyond what the evidence warrants. Bertrand Russell

#80 User is offline   coll 

• Recruit
  • Interests:malazan book of teh fallen offcourse :0

Posted 06 November 2008 - 05:50 PM

So...i am reading this forum for a while now and thus learned about this meeting. I am from the netherlands so please forgive me my grammar mistakes (and poor word choice). In holland there are not many malazan readers, actually the y stopped translating 2 years ago and just started again 4 months ago(memories of ice is being transl;ated now). To keep it short i would like to join you in youre meeting if you allow me and book some hotel ..so please let me know any additional information needed ..ask away

Share this topic:

• 10 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users