• You cannot reply to this topic

Merry Manky Malazan Meet v3.0

#161 User is offline   Malaclypse 

• Banned User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 07 December 2008 - 07:25 PM

and yet more:

Attached File  cougar_mezla.JPG (674.29K)
Number of downloads: 7

Attached File  dag_mal.jpg (597.21K)
Number of downloads: 8

Me: I wonder if she'll notice

Dag: He's farted again hasn't he?
:p

Attached File  dancer.JPG (757.46K)

Attached File  mezla_dag.JPG (639.45K)
Number of downloads: 6

#162 User is offline   Malaclypse 

• Banned User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 07 December 2008 - 07:39 PM

last batch:

Attached File  dancer_cougar.JPG (698.77K)

Attached File  eekwibble1.JPG (554.37K)
Number of downloads: 9

Attached File  stone_monkey.JPG (670.45K)
Number of downloads: 7
did you just say what I think you said? :p

#163 User is offline   Anomander 

• Wielder of Dragnipur
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 07 December 2008 - 07:45 PM

Looks like you guys had a blast. Thanks for sharing the pics. :p
And so the First denied their Mother,
in their fury, and so were cast out,
doomed children of Mother Dark.

#164 User is offline   Lisheo 

• Difference Engineer
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:All of the things.

Posted 07 December 2008 - 09:03 PM

Damn, Im sorry I missed that! But I should hopefully be able to make next years, if y'all will have me :p
“People have wanted to narrate since first we banged rocks together & wondered about fire. There’ll be tellings as long as there are any of us here, until the stars disappear one by one like turned-out lights.”
- China Mieville

#165 User is offline   Cougar 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • View gallery

Posted 07 December 2008 - 09:12 PM

I had the best time guys, the day just flew by and I wish I had had more time to talk with you all (except Dag who couldn't understand me anyway!!) and I'm orry if I neglected anyone. It's a good thing Broody wasn't drinking cos he could have got silly. I thought Bill was going to kill him at one point, see excruciating choke hold above.

It took me bloody ages to get home today though.
I AM A TWAT

#166 User is offline   Grumble 

• High Mage of High House HAWT
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 07 December 2008 - 09:32 PM

I wish I had stuck around with you guys ...... works xmas party sucked big time ....... glad you all appear to have survived and I look forward to catching up with you all some time soon hopefully.
What Would Jack Do ?

#167 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 07 December 2008 - 09:49 PM

I still feel rough. Spent the whole day on the sofa!

Thanks for posting all the pictures Mal.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#168 User is offline   Dancer+ 

• A Driven Individual
  • Group: Team Handsome

Posted 08 December 2008 - 12:50 AM

Quite funny about Mal's comment about the transformation of me and Brood. I felt pretty sober (somehow), I think the best contrast between the two of us was when we were speaking to Broody's housemate. You don't want to know the details really. Let's just say the poor boy would have been embarrassed, he remained a kind and vigilant host despite his condition though :p

It was good to see everyone (again), hopefully everyone got home easily (it took me 7 1/2 hours). An entertaining night really, and a lot of people got quite rowdy.

#169 User is offline   Centzon Totochtin 

• For Pony!
  • Interests:Stuff, and sometimes also things.
  • Bunnies!

Posted 08 December 2008 - 01:29 AM

okay, so who is who in those pics? (yes I am slow I know :p)
That Elephant is looking rather frayed at the edges

#170 User is offline   Hetan 

• Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • View gallery

Posted 08 December 2008 - 07:29 AM

View PostMezla PigDog, on Dec 7 2008, 12:34 PM, said:

I hope my hangover wears off soon! If I thought I had a hangover when I first came out yesterday, it was nothing compared to the one I have now.

I hope I didn't say anything really incriminating, things got quite hazy after about 8pm.

I hope my voice comes back, it's gone since we were all singing Run To The Hills (including Jason!!!!).

I think I forgot to say bye to everyone, I was pretty sleepy by the time we all left Fab Cafe. Good to see you all and really lovely to meet Dag. I hope everyone feels as ill as I do :p

I forgot about the Run to the Hills bit! that was hillarious :p We must have looked a right bunch of twats! :p
Mind you a lot of it was a bit haze after Fab Cafe - and did I tell you guys I love that place?

Dag lost her new shiny bag :The Force: and was trying to get it back on Sunday, only the last time we spoke to her there was no-one at the bar, so I don't know what the outcome was.
Liz, did I repay you? My memory at that point was a little blurry and all sparkly round the edges with christmas lights and tinsel :p
"He was not a modest man. Contemplating suicide, he summoned a dragon". (Gothos' Folly)- Gothos

#171 User is offline   Cougar 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • View gallery

Posted 08 December 2008 - 09:46 AM

I bloody loved singing Run to the Hills at the top of our voices that was hilarious, also enjoyed having to chat to a guy who was really upset that Brood was trying to chat up his girlfriend.Ha ha

Ok so who's who:

Mezla is the girl with the dark brown hair and fringe wearing a grey dress and grinning in a picture with me (chap with spiky hair wearing a green and blue hooped tee-shirt)

Eeekwibble is the dude in the black shirt holding his dog tags and in need of a shave (or a cat to lick of the fluff)

Dancer is the young guy in the browny/grey shirt with dark hair in another picture with me.

Stone Monkey is the black guy in the rather dapper argyle check jumper.

Dag is the young lady with the blonde hair and glasses wearin a red tartan skirt

Broody is the freshfaced youngster with the glasses sticking out his tounge and getting strangled by Malaclypse who is the guy in his 30s with the specs and a white t-shirt on

Hetan is the cute looking lady with the chestnutty-brown hair.

Fid is the older chap with the white hooped rugby shirt, in the picture chatting to Stone Monkey

Grumble is the bloke sitting next to Mezla (at this point she still has her blue coat on) with the grey cardigan and a strippey lightblue/white shirt

This post has been edited by Cougar: 08 December 2008 - 10:03 AM

I AM A TWAT

#172 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

Posted 08 December 2008 - 09:53 AM

Hetan - I can't remember either! Don't worry about it, I remember tapping everyone up for enough cash anyway.
Dag - let me know if you want me to call Fab Cafe and/or pop round to pick it up.

Is anyone else decrepit enough to still be suffering the after effects today? I'm not exactly hungover but I feel rather run down from general dehydration and lack of vitamins (which I am just remedying with a cup of tea and a sausage and egg sandwich!). I'm also suffering with the "Oh god, why did I say that" 's

Anyway, with clarity slowly returning, my favourite parts of the day were "Run To The Hills" (my voice has completely gone today = sympathy at work because everyone thinks I am sick. HA!), Cougar and SM being repulsed when I let them stroke the twins, something about "taking it on the chin", Brood being incredibly drunk and managing to squeeze in some shopping! Lowlight was definitely Mal's fruity bottom :The Force: Grumble and Fid should be pleased they missed that part!

#173 User is offline   Cougar 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • View gallery

Posted 08 December 2008 - 10:05 AM

God I still feel rough today, terrible nights sleep too.

Also, the twins are lumps on Mezlas head, before anyone gets any ideas and yes,they are bloody repulsive.
I AM A TWAT

#174 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 08 December 2008 - 10:24 AM

Horns?

#175 User is offline   Hetan 

• Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • View gallery

Posted 08 December 2008 - 10:58 AM

I'm chuffed with the pics to be honest. My photography hasn't ranked with the best - and whilst i'm not claiming that position in any way - most of them were pretty decent.

Mal did a great job on editing too, a little red eye here and there helps portray the atmosphere we thought :p

So come on you lazy gits, get more pics posted!

and I've got that damned tune in my head now after Mezla's input :The Force:
"He was not a modest man. Contemplating suicide, he summoned a dragon". (Gothos' Folly)- Gothos

#176 User is offline   Dancer+ 

• A Driven Individual
  • Group: Team Handsome

Posted 08 December 2008 - 11:44 AM

Broody took quite a lot of pictures as did Dag so that will be the next two waves of photos I'd imagine. I'm not sure anyone else took (many) photos.

My sleep in the last two days has been awful, 4 o'clock and then 3 hours. So I've got sore tonsils, despite that (and like yesterday) I'm feeling pretty good.

#177 User is offline   stone monkey 

• I'm the baddest man alive and I don't plan to die...
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods

Posted 08 December 2008 - 01:01 PM

I'd forgotten about the twins - they were truly repulsive; I fully expect some creature will explode from Mezla's head in short order. I'd also forgotten "Run to the Hills" *shudder* My only excuse for that is my period of residence in Sheffield - Don't judge me!

It was very nice to see you all again (and some of you for the first time)

I'll be popping into Fab Cafe on the way home from work this evening to see what's what.
If an opinion contrary to your own makes you angry, that is a sign that you are subconsciously aware of having no good reason for thinking as you do. If some one maintains that two and two are five, or that Iceland is on the equator, you feel pity rather than anger, unless you know so little of arithmetic or geography that his opinion shakes your own contrary conviction. … So whenever you find yourself getting angry about a difference of opinion, be on your guard; you will probably find, on examination, that your belief is going beyond what the evidence warrants. Bertrand Russell

#178 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 08 December 2008 - 01:12 PM

View PostMezla PigDog, on Dec 8 2008, 09:53 AM, said:

Lowlight was definitely Mal's fruity bottom :p Grumble and Fid should be pleased they missed that part!

Suddenly, having forgotten pretty much everything past 10pm seems like a very very good thing :The Force:

I will post pics! Once I've worked out how to transfer them from my phone to my computer... possibly this evening, if I've done my lab work.
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#179 User is offline   Dag 

• Burninating poodles since 1996

Posted 08 December 2008 - 02:20 PM

Soooo... Ok... ahem... um... first... Yep, I did manage to get home - I mean, HOME home, but I don't ever - EVER! - want to go through that kind of torture again... :p I though they would kick me off the plane... two guys sitting next to me kept laughing and telling jokes in Slovak (which I didn't undersand, but which were apparently funny because the whole plane laughed) and everyone was very friendly, offering me their paper bags and napkins and if I published all the tips I got from them about how to cure a hangover in a book, I could make some serious money.

But I'm home right now... me and my headache... and... lost memories resurfacing now and then... making me shiver... :p

Which leads me to the second point: Nice photos. But they must be photoshopped - I don't remember ANY of that. Why does the rest of you look so sober while I look like I'm about to fall under the table...? And... um... what was all that Dag-having-fun-thing you're all talking about...? Of course I was having fun - it was my 99th birthday!!! :p

It was a great weekend - it was soooo good to see you all again. Hetan, Mal you guys are awesome! Thanks for your patience and all the nice words! Dancer, it was really fun to talk to you again, and Cougar - with a bit of practice, by the next time we meet, we indeed might have a meaningful two-way conversation without me asking "Sorry? Excuse me?" all the time. :The Force: And Brood - you are the sweetest sweetheart in the world, thanks for your help with the hotel and bookings and everything. (Just keep that bottle of Marillenschnaps closed for a while, OK...?)

And I'm so glad to have met all of you wonderful new people. Grumble, pity you had to leave so early, it was great talking to you. Thanks for the book recommendations, Fid! And Eek, I can't remember a word we were talking about after that Switzerland conversation, but... um... thanks for listening, anyway... Mezla, I'm so glad we've finally met - it was so much fun talking to you, hope we can continue the conversation on a more... sober occasion. And Stone Monkey, a big hug and thank you so, so much for your help and a lovely afternoon and evening.

Now, hoping I haven't forgotten anyone (at least those of you I met before 10 pm), I wish to thank you all for the lovely presents. Concerning the bag, there is still hope, so keep your fingers crossed, and if any of you feels the urge to punch me in the face for that, you are welcome - I've punched myself several times in the past day. :p

So, nothing more to say then - it was really, really fun. England has beaten Austria 100:0 in a drinking game, but - hell, I wasn't much of a drinker anyway, and this epic hangover brought up pleasant memories from my wild teens... which is not such a bad thing... My invitation to each one of you still stands - should you decide to visit this part of Europe, just let me know, there is still some space in my gay cousin's apartment... (did I really tell you about that... ?) Apart from that, ignore everything else I said on Saturday. (um... Did I give my credit card number to anyone...? ) :p

Now I'm going to go through the pics and after throwing the most incriminating ones in a trash bin, I might post some.

This post has been edited by Dag: 08 December 2008 - 03:30 PM

The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues.

#180 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

Posted 08 December 2008 - 02:43 PM

I didn't realise you were so drunk Dag!! Don't worry about the bag, these things happen (if SM isn't able to rescue it). You didn't do anything embarrassing that I remember....I may not be the most reliable witness though. And I think we all have those resurfacing memories making us shiver so we should all collectively agree to assume we were all just a bit "hyperactive" due to the alcohol and excitement :The Force:

Share this topic:

• 10 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users