• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Whats making you happy right now

#16261 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 12 September 2018 - 10:08 PM

I have no memory of a Toby.

I'm watching. Junior genius. It's fun. Parts anyway. Why are these kids training to spell things backwards?

#16262 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 13 September 2018 - 05:59 AM

View PostPuck, on 12 September 2018 - 07:43 PM, said:

Making me happy is that I got a haircut today. I love haircuts, they feel so refreshing!

Yes, they do! Doing the same this evening!
- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#16263 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 13 September 2018 - 06:28 AM

View PostCause, on 12 September 2018 - 10:08 PM, said:

I have no memory of a Toby.

I'm watching. Junior genius. It's fun. Parts anyway. Why are these kids training to spell things backwards?

Yeah that's right. He left us, so fuck him! I too have no memory of Toby.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#16264 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 13 September 2018 - 07:19 AM

Thelomen Toblerone, aka Toby. Real name was Greg.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#16265 User is offline   Messremb 

• Honorary Symp of High House Mafia
  • High Artificer of Team Quick Ben

Posted 13 September 2018 - 08:20 AM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 13 September 2018 - 07:19 AM, said:

Thelomen Toblerone, aka Toby. Real name was Greg.

Past tense DC Simeon? Either Toby has assumed a new name or you've got bad news for us?

Didn't realise the scamp was 30
"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

#16266 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 13 September 2018 - 08:48 AM

From the people who brought you ... every British detective show ever

https://www.ranker.c...eries/ranker-tv

Now watch the greatest of them all:

DCI Tiste Plod

No corpse left undisturbed.

:no
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#16267 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 14 September 2018 - 03:51 PM

View PostBriar King, on 14 September 2018 - 03:25 AM, said:

Certainly happy that Florence has downgraded all the way down to Cat 1 instead of that 140mph Cat 4 monster it was yesterday. It is still going to flood the shit out of the Carolina’s but hopefully some of the older homes/trees will now remain standing vs their chances just 24 hrs ago.

Dammit, that pastor will never let us hear the end of this

#16268 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 15 September 2018 - 01:20 AM

View PostTsundoku, on 13 September 2018 - 08:48 AM, said:

From the people who brought you ... every British detective show ever

https://www.ranker.c...eries/ranker-tv

Now watch the greatest of them all:

DCI Tiste Plod

No corpse left undisturbed.

<_<

Wire in the Blood is 40???

No. Just no. Top 10!
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#16269 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 17 September 2018 - 12:00 PM

I'm not on the verge of a panic attack anymore when my phone at work rings, despite just having had a rough week with a surprise depressive episode. I call that a victory <_<
Puck was not birthed, she was cleaved from a lava flow and shaped by a fierce god's hands. - [worry]
Ninja Puck, Ninja Puck, really doesn't give a fuck..? - [King Lear]

#16270 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 20 September 2018 - 12:16 AM

View PostPuck, on 17 September 2018 - 12:00 PM, said:

I'm not on the verge of a panic attack anymore when my phone at work rings, despite just having had a rough week with a surprise depressive episode. I call that a victory <_<

You sound so much more resilient than you were a couple years ago. Way to go. I'm really happy for you.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#16271 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 20 September 2018 - 08:19 AM

This made me chuckle.

https://www.facebook...997492420294122

How to be Australian. (I will translate)

be Australian
>alarm goes off at 6.30am
>still wearing hivis from yesterde (still wearing high visibility vest from the previous day's work)
>three different Prime Ministers have come and gone overnight (a recent unfortunate tendency for Prime Ministers to not last a full term of Parliament - 3 years - and be usurped from within their own Party)
>fourth one is about to be sworn in
>make brekky (make breakfast)
>bite into strawberry
>cop a sewing needle through the roof of the mouth ( a recent high profile news story about needles being put into strawberries, causing widespread concern and plummeting strawberry sales. Needles are now being found in other fruit in copycat incidents. Annoying)
>can't feel it because still pissed from the fifteen cans of Emu Export last night (cannot feel because still rather drunk from 15 cans of a rather crap beer last night)
>drive to site
>Fooeys are playing on Triple M, fucken grouse (The Foo Fighters are playing on the nationally syndicated rock radio station, this is pleasing)
>bite into a meat pie at lunch (yum!)
>full of sewing needles and redback spiders (Redback spiders have a fearsome reputation but generally will only make you sick, not kill you. Unless you're old, young, or sick already)
>drop pie and make apprentice pick it all up (good old workplace bastardisation, a hot topic for years)
>knock off at 2 (cease work at 2pm)
>straight to bottleo (go to the liquor store, pronounced "Bottle-oh", with no pause)
>block of bushchook and a pouch of white ox (a 24 or 30 can cardboard box of Emu - hence "bush chook (=chicken)" Export beer and a pouch of rolling tobacco)
>open pouch to roll a smoke
>full of sewing needles and blue ring octopuses (a fairly nasty venomous octopus. Mostly won't kill you, but the venom will probably make you beg for death. Not as bad as the irukandji jellyfish though. Or stone fish. Or dozens of other nasties)
>get stung and stabbed multiple times
>she'll be right mate (Things will be fine, my friend. Nothing to worry about)
>crack tinnie (open can of beer)
>turn on telly
>another leadership spill means a fifth Prime Minister is being sworn in
>NSW government has just banned nightclubs, festivals, alcohol, cars, walking, sneezing, and the concept of joy (nanny state tendencies from the New South wales state govt. Started with reducing opening hours for licensed premises in the central area of Sydney and rolled on from there. In response to late night alcohol fuelled violence)
>absolute bloody outrage this is (how annoying)
>walk back into kitchen and open fridge
>full of sewing needles and a great white shark (self explanatory)
>get eaten
>it's me RDO tomorra so she'll be right (I have a Rostered Day Off tomorrow, so nothing to worry about)
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#16272 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 20 September 2018 - 09:39 AM

That's pretty much exactly how I imagine life in Australia to be...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#16273 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 20 September 2018 - 01:00 PM

I just signed up to do the Great North Run next year. I am a bit overweight and terribly unfit so I'm now panicking about the decision! I know there's a year to get fit but shessh why did I do that??

Anyway I think it is a good decision though I will no doubt hate myself for it many times over the coming year... It'll be a good motivator to get fit and I'll be raising money for Alzheimer's Research UK so it's all in the name of a good cause.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#16274 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 20 September 2018 - 01:36 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 20 September 2018 - 01:00 PM, said:

I just signed up to do the Great North Run next year. I am a bit overweight and terribly unfit so I'm now panicking about the decision! I know there's a year to get fit but shessh why did I do that??

Anyway I think it is a good decision though I will no doubt hate myself for it many times over the coming year... It'll be a good motivator to get fit and I'll be raising money for Alzheimer's Research UK so it's all in the name of a good cause.

It's amazing what a date in the diary will do to motivate you - I couldn't get myself out the door to exercise for love nor money earlier in the year, then when Dad and I decided to do the Three Peaks I've genuinely not had a problem with it since. Goals are great motivation - best of luck! <_<

This post has been edited by TheRetiredBridgeburner: 20 September 2018 - 01:37 PM

- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#16275 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 20 September 2018 - 01:41 PM

View PostTheRetiredBridgeburner, on 20 September 2018 - 01:36 PM, said:

View PostTiste Simeon, on 20 September 2018 - 01:00 PM, said:

It's amazing what a date in the diary will do to motivate you - I couldn't get myself out the door to exercise for love nor money earlier in the year, then when Dad and I decided to do the Three Peaks I've genuinely not had a problem with it since. Goals are great motivation - best of luck! <_<

^This.

Tiste, you'll do great! A year is plenty of time to ramp up to the challenge ahead. And I bet you'll feel amazing about doing it.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#16276 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 20 September 2018 - 02:23 PM

Thanks both. Got to wait to hear if ARUK will accept me as one of their runners. I only went with them cos they are who my friends are running with, but they are going with a group organised by someone whose spaces filled up very quickly so I have to sign up as an individual. Not sure what I'll do if they don't accept me but I don't see any reason why they won't...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#16277 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 20 September 2018 - 03:32 PM

Just get someone to be at the finish line with a beer and a cheeseburger for you.

Record times ho!

#16278 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 20 September 2018 - 04:04 PM

View PostMacros, on 20 September 2018 - 03:32 PM, said:

Just get someone to be at the finish line with a beer and a cheeseburger for you.

Record times ho!

That... Would actually work!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#16279 User is offline   JPK 

• Lemming of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Sacrificing myself for everyone else's greater good!

Posted 20 September 2018 - 05:12 PM

So the Mrs and I have been planning on when we want our second kid and have decided to aim for 2019. Well, I got to work this morning to find that they're implementing a new 8 week Parental leave in q1 2019 and that it can be started after the short term disability pay of 8 weeks that the Mrs will qualify for when she delivers.

Long story short, she'll now qualify for 16 weeks full pay, and I'll qualify for 8 weeks full pay when we'd have another kid. We're in the States so this is huge for us.

#16280 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 20 September 2018 - 05:20 PM

View PostJPK, on 20 September 2018 - 05:12 PM, said:

So the Mrs and I have been planning on when we want our second kid and have decided to aim for 2019. Well, I got to work this morning to find that they're implementing a new 8 week Parental leave in q1 2019 and that it can be started after the short term disability pay of 8 weeks that the Mrs will qualify for when she delivers.

Long story short, she'll now qualify for 16 weeks full pay, and I'll qualify for 8 weeks full pay when we'd have another kid. We're in the States so this is huge for us.

Damn progressives. It should be 8 week unpaid for the mother and none for the father like everywhere else.

But seriously, thats freaking awesome.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

Share this topic:

• 969 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

6 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users