• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Whats making you happy right now

#15501 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 04 December 2017 - 08:16 AM

Erikson Himself weighed in on the reading order question and stated that correct reading order is publication order (solely considering BOTF and no ICE interspersion. See: the Grimdark group on FB, where he turns out to be a resident lurker!). Always nice to see.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#15502 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 04 December 2017 - 10:25 PM

My new glasses have FINALLY arrived! I'm seeing stuff! Holy crap, everything's so shiny and sharp now! :p
Puck was not birthed, she was cleaved from a lava flow and shaped by a fierce god's hands. - [worry]
Ninja Puck, Ninja Puck, really doesn't give a fuck..? - [King Lear]

#15503 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 05 December 2017 - 06:48 AM

View PostPuck, on 04 December 2017 - 10:25 PM, said:

My new glasses have FINALLY arrived! I'm seeing stuff! Holy crap, everything's so shiny and sharp now! :p

One of the things I love most about getting new glasses. Everything is so clear!

#15504 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 05 December 2017 - 02:24 PM

View PostAndorion, on 05 December 2017 - 06:48 AM, said:

View PostPuck, on 04 December 2017 - 10:25 PM, said:

One of the things I love most about getting new glasses. Everything is so clear!

Me too - it's great! :D
- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#15505 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 06 December 2017 - 05:29 PM

View PostBriar King, on 06 December 2017 - 05:27 PM, said:

Scope went well itself. There is a spot he thinks is the cause of her discomfort he decided to biopsy. Will find out results next Friday.

Man she was so fucked up after they gave her the calming medicine. Saying all kinds of weird shit.

Hope the biopsy helps and she gets it sorted out. Glad to hear it went well man.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#15506 User is offline   Messremb 

• Honorary Symp of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • High Artificer of Team Quick Ben

Posted 06 December 2017 - 07:13 PM

View PostMezla PigDog, on 04 December 2017 - 07:02 AM, said:

View PostMessremb, on 30 November 2017 - 05:44 PM, said:

Twins are booked in for a Monday arrival.

Good luck today! Hope you have enough hands between the 2 of you :p

Thanks Mez, 6lb 9oz and 6lb 11oz boys, that's a lot of baby she's been carrying, along with some placentas large enough they were being commented on! It's the calm before the storm still I think...
"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

#15507 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 06 December 2017 - 07:17 PM

View PostMessremb, on 06 December 2017 - 07:13 PM, said:

View PostMezla PigDog, on 04 December 2017 - 07:02 AM, said:

View PostMessremb, on 30 November 2017 - 05:44 PM, said:

Twins are booked in for a Monday arrival.

Good luck today! Hope you have enough hands between the 2 of you :p

Thanks Mez, 6lb 9oz and 6lb 11oz boys, that's a lot of baby she's been carrying, along with some placentas large enough they were being commented on! It's the calm before the storm still I think...

Ahhhhh! Twins are crazy! My sister-in-law has twins. It's a crazy ride, but she also finds it immensely rewarding as well. Hope all goes smoothly.

The only note of advice I have from my sis-in-law regarding twins is: Make sure to try to keep them on the same schedule for everything. It will make both your lives easier.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#15508 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 08 December 2017 - 02:16 PM

View PostBriar King, on 08 December 2017 - 01:33 PM, said:

I have made my 1st snowball since 1987!!!

You have obviously never seen the movie CLERKS.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#15509 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 08 December 2017 - 04:52 PM

View PostBriar King, on 08 December 2017 - 04:13 PM, said:

THIS IS BULLSHIT!!! The same pictures post on other sites. Fuck

Other sites have lower standards morals ethics data limits age restrictions alcohol tolerance approved nudity levels art appreciation head clearance something.

#15510 User is offline   Andorion 

• God

Posted 08 December 2017 - 05:18 PM

View PostBriar King, on 08 December 2017 - 05:09 PM, said:

I still love y'all but I want to show this shit! This hasn't happened on this scale since 1987. It's like an alien world right now. I see this on tv but it's not real. Now it is and it's wonderful and magical!

BK, upload to a stuff like Imgur and then link it in. Pretty simple that way.

#15511 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 08 December 2017 - 05:29 PM

Unless there are drunk yeti streaking through the quad, trust me, this chunk of Canada has seen it. :D

#15512 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 08 December 2017 - 05:32 PM

View PostBriar King, on 08 December 2017 - 05:27 PM, said:

Huh, that's Louisiana? With snow? Craziness.

But yeah, you ought to come up to Canada one time in winter. When I was a kid in Ottawa my grandparents front walkway had 4-5foot high banks of snow on either side.

#15513 User is offline   Andorion 

• God

Posted 08 December 2017 - 05:57 PM

Wow snow in Louisiana! You guys are just a few degrees of latitude north of me, and you have far cooler weather. I suppose its because of the cold winds coming down from Canada.

#15514 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 08 December 2017 - 06:45 PM

View PostAndorion, on 08 December 2017 - 05:57 PM, said:

Wow snow in Louisiana! You guys are just a few degrees of latitude north of me, and you have far cooler weather. I suppose its because of the cold winds coming down from Canada.

You're welcome, eh.

#15515 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 08 December 2017 - 07:17 PM

View PostAbyss, on 08 December 2017 - 06:45 PM, said:

You're welcome, eh.

Build the Lewis Black wall!
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#15516 User is offline   Andorion 

• God

Posted 09 December 2017 - 01:00 AM

You're welcome, eh.

We all know the cold wind is exhuast from your brain factory Abyss. You can stop pretending.

View Postamphibian, on 08 December 2017 - 07:17 PM, said:

You're welcome, eh.

Build the Lewis Black wall!

We have that here. We call it the Himalayas

#15517 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 09 December 2017 - 07:50 AM

Thanks to living in a legal state, I can supplement my pain meds with some good old fashioned herbal relief. It helps.
Error: Signature not valid

#15518 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 14 December 2017 - 08:34 AM

Okay the following is not why I am happy. Its just the background. My president has been facing criminal charges related to corruption since before he even become president. He was found by a judge to have had an obvious corrupt business arrangement with his business partner when said business partner was sent to jail. He got out a month or two later on compassionate leave since he is terminally ill. That was about ten years ago, I guess golf is a wonder drug because he stills plays and is still alive about ten years later. Since those days he has only gone from the little leagues to the major. He is implicated in what my country calls 'state capture' whereby in exchange for money he basically lets his business partners choose the ministers of government departments or government run state enterprises so that those business men can then funnel state budgets, business or tenders to themselves. He knows no shame and wiped billions of my countries stock echange whem he fired, replaced, then fired and replaced again the finance minister in 3 days in an effort to capture the treasury department. He lives in a 25 million dollar house that belongs to him privately after he had government build it for him, apparently for his security. The security features include a luxury swimming pool that can put out fires, a cattle kraal, an amphitheater, about a dozen guest cottages etc. He is shieled by his political party the ANC which is so scared to get rid of him beacause he controls the patronage network from which they all benefit from state looting and because they recalled the last president. They are scared to admit they have elected a second failed president and how it would damage them at the polls. Keeping him is doing as much damage or worse however.

So why am I happy? In the past week the high court of my country has found that my president is an 'irrational and vexatious litigant' that he has 'failed the high constitutional obligation expected og him'. That his insistence of pursuing a court case he had admitted had no merits meant that a punitive cost order was not sufficient to disincentive such behavior in future (since all costs are paid by the taxpayer) so instead they have ordered he must pay the fees personally. We are talking millions of rands after endless appeals and court interdicts only to repeatedly admit at the last minute that his cases had no merits. They have found he is too conflicted twice over to perform his constitutional duties. He cant appoint the head of national prosecuting (npa) since he himself is facing dozens of corruption charges. So they ordered the VP must act in his place. They also found that he made an irregular payment of an 18 million rand golden handshake to the former npa to get him to vacate office, they fell short of calling it a bribe, but therefore ordered his current choice of npa must vacate his office. Thy also found that he cant choose the judge to preside of the upcoming judicial inquiry into state capture since he is implicated in corruption, along with his son, his friends and his business partners. They also stopped just short of saying he perjured himself when he suggested that it was a typing error when he wrote a letter that basically admitted he had no case. They found such a statement to be highly unlikely but said finding whether he committed perjury was at the moment beyond the scope of the trial. Expect that one soon.

This is in addition to finding he had breached his constitutional duties about a year back. How is this man still my president I cant answer. However hopefully this is another sign that perhaps SA can beat the forces that would make us just another failed African state.

#15519 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 14 December 2017 - 03:23 PM

View PostBriar King, on 09 December 2017 - 01:53 AM, said:

Har the pics are rolling in on my FB. Such magic happened today!! Over 2 inches fell! Insanity for us. I can't even grasp what it would be like if we had a repeat of 1895 with 22 inches. Most is melted but I have some patches that will stay till tomorrow.

22 inches... meh. Here we call that early winter. Also, good skiing.

#15520 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• Necromancer Extraordinaire
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Glass slides with entrapped bits of colored tissue
  • Around, just quiet....er

Posted 14 December 2017 - 03:33 PM

Enjoying a new relationship with an awesome nerdy girl who is getting me out there (Portugal the Man concert tonight, road trips, events around town, etc), loves a lot of the things I do and is just pure awesome (whipped out a memorized quote by Henry David Thoreau on FB yesterday).
"You don't clean u other peoples messes.... You roll in them like a dog on leftover smoked whitefish torn out f the trash by raccoons after Sunday brunch on a hot day."
~Abyss

Share this topic:

• 973 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

28 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 28 guests, 0 anonymous users