• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Whats making you happy right now

#13501 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 25 May 2016 - 02:26 PM

View Postamphibian, on 25 May 2016 - 12:59 PM, said:

I'm in love. Going to marry this woman if I have any input in this. She's so spectacular that it's nearly unreal. Only been three weeks, but I walk out of every meeting thinking this deep down inside. I haven't told her this, but I've told my brother (and now you strangers).

Aaaww Amph that;s nice to hear. Best wishes!

#13502 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 25 May 2016 - 03:49 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 25 May 2016 - 02:09 PM, said:

View PostSlow Ben, on 25 May 2016 - 02:01 PM, said:

View PostTiste Simeon, on 25 May 2016 - 06:33 AM, said:

Something like this or maybe this (NSFW?) or perhaps just something a bit simpler like this you mean?

You want a chuckle?

Just google "country boy stickers for trucks".

Oh jeezus, I did that and just saw one that said "Country Boy Swag"...like what even IS that? That sticker is ridiculous because it doesn't understand the term swag or what it means. When added to a window sticker with little naked shaped ladies crouched on either side like bookends...I think we found the DOUCHE MOBILE!

Good gods, tell me that's not a prevalent thing?

Yes.

And it's growing.

It's reached the point where we can no longer hope to contain it. God help us.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#13503 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 25 May 2016 - 04:06 PM

View PostSlow Ben, on 25 May 2016 - 03:49 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 25 May 2016 - 02:09 PM, said:

View PostSlow Ben, on 25 May 2016 - 02:01 PM, said:

View PostTiste Simeon, on 25 May 2016 - 06:33 AM, said:

Something like this or maybe this (NSFW?) or perhaps just something a bit simpler like this you mean?

You want a chuckle?

Just google "country boy stickers for trucks".

Oh jeezus, I did that and just saw one that said "Country Boy Swag"...like what even IS that? That sticker is ridiculous because it doesn't understand the term swag or what it means. When added to a window sticker with little naked shaped ladies crouched on either side like bookends...I think we found the DOUCHE MOBILE!

Good gods, tell me that's not a prevalent thing?

Yes.

And it's growing.

It's reached the point where we can no longer hope to contain it. God help us.

Yikes. What a horrible trend.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#13504 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 25 May 2016 - 05:42 PM

View PostTsundoku, on 25 May 2016 - 01:27 PM, said:

I'm in love. Going to marry this woman if I have any input in this. She's so spectacular that it's nearly unreal. Only been three weeks, but I walk out of every meeting thinking this deep down inside. I haven't told her this, but I've told my brother (and now you strangers).

Which is strangely appropriate in this brave new social media world. :(

Seriously, well done and my fingers are crossed for you. :D

Yes! Use us strangers to sort out your love life! (I'm available for bridesmaid future or whatever...)

Re: stickers on trucks, those are so redneck it hurts...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#13505 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 25 May 2016 - 07:39 PM

Just wait till you move past the stage where you're holding meetings, and actually go on some dates. That's when romance really blossoms.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#13506 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 25 May 2016 - 08:02 PM

View PostBriar King, on 25 May 2016 - 07:14 PM, said:

Is this the same woman who gave the cold shoulder not long ago?

Nope. That woman ghosted firmly and without un-ghosting. The reasons why, I'll probably never know (or care all that much about, it's her call to make).

Met this one a couple weeks after and instantly knew it was better than a great connection. I thank the gods (and her) that things worked out this way.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#13507 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 25 May 2016 - 08:53 PM

View Postworry, on 25 May 2016 - 07:39 PM, said:

Just wait till you move past the stage where you're holding meetings, and actually go on some dates. That's when romance really blossoms.

They have to teleconference a few times first.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#13508 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 26 May 2016 - 04:22 AM

View Postworry, on 25 May 2016 - 07:39 PM, said:

You left out the stage where introductions are made and names exchanged....

*ducks*
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#13509 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 26 May 2016 - 09:14 PM

New microsoft band 2.
Have had it a few weeks now but have really only been using for music control when travelling and the pedometer so far.

Had been doing a bit of dicking about on the golf course with it but didn't make a proper effort to investigate its full scope. fuck its awesome. Gives you a full break down of the round. Tracks your shots so you can look over everything at home after. The gps is surprisingly accurate, there was a few shots that stuck in my head for their shitty landing in proximity to trees etc, bang on target on the map too.

Now all I need to do is work on my golf to get the numbers down to acceptable levels. Played a half round with me Ma this evening, I out drive her no problem in pure distance, but every single one of her shots is dead straight, drives, irons, pitches. where I have a horrid right hook in quite a lot of drives and rush my pitch shots often and over hit them. Only beat her on one hole.

#13510 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 27 May 2016 - 10:16 AM

Last day as a tax lawyer for the government. A few days of holiday and then I'll start as a tax lawyer for the university. It feels pretty great to be perfectly honest. I like my colleagues here. I enjoy being one of the principal authorities within my field.

I am however incredibly bored working only with issues I know. Soon I'll do something different and new and It'll be great. The increase in sallary will also help, especially now that summer has finally arrived in Oslo. Beer is expensive here.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#13511 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 27 May 2016 - 12:31 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 27 May 2016 - 10:16 AM, said:

Last day as a tax lawyer for the government. A few days of holiday and then I'll start as a tax lawyer dorm party planner and overseer for the university. It feels pretty great to be perfectly honest. I like my colleagues here. I enjoy being one of the principal authorities within my field.

I am however incredibly bored working only with issues I know. Soon I'll do something different and new and It'll be great. The increase in sallary will also help, especially now that summer has finally arrived in Oslo. Beer is expensive here.

Congrats man, and fixed that for you. :(

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 27 May 2016 - 12:31 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#13512 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 27 May 2016 - 02:03 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 27 May 2016 - 12:31 PM, said:

Last day as a tax lawyer for the government. A few days of holiday and then I'll start as a tax lawyer dorm party planner and overseer for the university. It feels pretty great to be perfectly honest. I like my colleagues here. I enjoy being one of the principal authorities within my field.

Toga

toga

toga

TOGA

TOGA

TOGA

TOGA

Posted Image
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#13513 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 28 May 2016 - 03:22 AM

Finally!!!

Deadpool.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#13514 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 28 May 2016 - 07:41 AM

View PostQuickTidal, on 27 May 2016 - 12:31 PM, said:

I did notice how many attractive women were on the tram with me when I went up to check out my new office a few weeks back.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#13515 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 28 May 2016 - 08:54 AM

I can see the scandalous headlines already.

#13516 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 28 May 2016 - 07:02 PM

Had a lovely night at Springsteen's The River Tour on Wednesday - took my Dad for his 60th. He, something of a mega fan, was like a kid at Christmas all the way through and I wasn't much better. Fabulous night despite the car deciding it didn't want to be a car any more and would much rather be something which doesn't require tracking to work, puncturing a tyre and then having to drive home rather slowly on the space saver!

Also, put my name down to volunteer at the bird of prey centre near us that I keep frequenting. I'm going to learn to be a falconer! :(

This post has been edited by TheRetiredBridgeburner: 28 May 2016 - 07:03 PM

- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#13517 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 28 May 2016 - 11:24 PM

Bought a new pair of soccer cleats for over a bill.

Forgot them on the bus when I got off at the terminal to buy a buss pass.

After some frantic panicking, took the second next bus on same route, got off half way, crossed the street, realized that due to construction next 2 bus stops are closed. dashed to a third one to set up a stakeout for the same bus.

Feeling like there's no way in hell they'd still be there, asked the driver if by any chance he found (or anyone told him) about any bags in the backseat.

His answer: "What kind: big, small".

Me (stuttering): big, Addidas bag.

He *points*- it's sitting by the front door.

I check- my stuff is still there.

I was on the fence about actually keeping them (kinda pricey, was gonna see if I could find a better deal), but now I'm inclined to keep 'em.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#13518 User is offline   Loki 

• Knight Commander of Team Quick Ben
  • WWQBDFTW?

Posted 29 May 2016 - 04:42 AM

View PostBriar King, on 29 May 2016 - 12:51 AM, said:

I'm the def of a great little brother. I just drove 20 miles and 3 towns over to plunge my sisters toilet.

Since you're a hillbilly, I'm not sure whether to read this literally or as innuendo.

Wry, on 29 February 2012 - 10:50 AM, said:

And you're not complaining, you're criticizing. It's a side-effect of being better than everyone else, I get it sometimes too.

~TQB~

#13519 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 29 May 2016 - 05:01 AM

Aw I think it's sweet either way!
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#13520 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 29 May 2016 - 05:47 AM

I just found a "news" website called endingthefed, and it's pure gold. The comments alone are enough to make me laugh.

I had to google wtf End The Fed meant. So that's what Ron Paul is about huh? Well, there you go.

EDIT: dayum, there's a lot of stuff about Trump ...

EDIT: my computer desk is in my room, and I can't help but admire the queen size Darth Vader doona (duvet/quilt) cover I put on my bed last night. It was a birthday present, just took me a while. :)
The other side has smaller pics and Dark Side quotes. So tragically geeky but I love it. :(

:D

Note: this isn't my room, but you get the idea.

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 29 May 2016 - 06:27 AM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

Share this topic:

• 972 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

10 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users