• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Whats making you happy right now

#19401 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 13 August 2024 - 07:41 AM

My family is on board with cramming as much camping as possible into this summer. We have gone out every possible weekend. Every trip three or four nights. Schedules will probably never allow it again and the kids will grow up so this is like the golden summer for camping. Got home today, leave again Friday. I love the Pacific Northwest.
Error: Signature not valid

#19402 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 14 August 2024 - 04:09 AM

View PostCause, on 13 August 2024 - 12:38 AM, said:

I had the really small would in the top of my head. Like a 1 mm scab that wounds heal, it felt like a small bump and it would bleed, scab, bleed again. It was there for ages, over a month. I tried keeping it dry, tried different shampoos nothing worked. I was just about to go see a dermatologist worried it could be a bad symptom of something worse than it seemed.

I’m embarrassed I didn’t think of it sooner, I thought I’d need a prescription for an antibiotic ointment but no it’s over the counter. Used it regularly for 2 days and I’m cautious to see if it will come back but it seems completely healed. The bump feels smaller, almost undetectable, no scab and no bleeding after just 2 days.

Cause, this unhealing scab is the number one sign of skin cancer. Please go get this checked out immediately.

I'm not joking or trying to be alarmist. I dated a nurse who was an oncology nurse navigator and she spent a lot of time telling me about what the signs of skin cancer were - and got my best friend to get a leg mole checked out/removed.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#19403 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 14 August 2024 - 04:16 AM

View Postamphibian, on 14 August 2024 - 04:09 AM, said:

View PostCause, on 13 August 2024 - 12:38 AM, said:

I had the really small would in the top of my head. Like a 1 mm scab that wounds heal, it felt like a small bump and it would bleed, scab, bleed again. It was there for ages, over a month. I tried keeping it dry, tried different shampoos nothing worked. I was just about to go see a dermatologist worried it could be a bad symptom of something worse than it seemed.

I’m embarrassed I didn’t think of it sooner, I thought I’d need a prescription for an antibiotic ointment but no it’s over the counter. Used it regularly for 2 days and I’m cautious to see if it will come back but it seems completely healed. The bump feels smaller, almost undetectable, no scab and no bleeding after just 2 days.

Cause, this unhealing scab is the number one sign of skin cancer. Please go get this checked out immediately.

I'm not joking or trying to be alarmist. I dated a nurse who was an oncology nurse navigator and she spent a lot of time telling me about what the signs of skin cancer were - and got my best friend to get a leg mole checked out/removed.

+1

#19404 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 16 August 2024 - 07:51 AM

First convention experience was ungodly good
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#19405 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 20 August 2024 - 02:42 AM

Exemption from my moving insurance:

"Against loss or damage caused directly or indirectly by any weapon employing atomic fission or fusion, or by nuclear reaction or radiation or radioactive contamination from any other cause; however, subject to the foregoing and all provisions of this policy, direct loss by fire is insured against by this policy;"

I had a really strong chuckle

This post has been edited by Cause: 20 August 2024 - 02:43 AM

#19406 User is offline   Ain't_It_Just_ 

• The Recidivist
  • Group: LHTEC
  • Interests:Dungeons and Dragons, and the odd caramel slice.
  • The AIJman cometh

Posted 26 August 2024 - 04:43 AM

Springtime is imminent, the days are already warmer and sunnier. And in my haphazard collection of pot plants, an orange flower has bloomed :thumbsup:
Suck it Errant!

"It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum...and I'm all out of gum."

QUOTE (KeithF @ Jun 30 2009, 09:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It has been proven beyond all reasonable doubt that the most powerful force on Wu is a bunch of messed-up Malazans with Moranth munitions.

#19407 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 31 August 2024 - 07:37 PM

Friends wedding today and I looked fly as heck 😎
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#19408 User is offline   Cyphon 

• Cagey Bastard of TQB
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 01 September 2024 - 09:28 AM

You can't just tease with that Tiste. Show us the money shot.
Para todos todo, para nosotros nada.

MottI'd always pegged you as more of an Ublala

#19409 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 01 September 2024 - 10:08 AM

I'm the guy on the right as you look at it.

Spoiler

I didn't take many as I had the kids because my wife was a bridesmaid and heavily involved in the whole thing.

This post has been edited by Tiste Simeon: 01 September 2024 - 10:13 AM

A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#19410 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 06 September 2024 - 07:29 AM

Linkin Park stepping back into the fray.
Replaced the drummer (as far as I know no ill feeling he just wanted to sit it out)
Obviously there are a pair of Chester sized shoes to fill.

My wife (is a HUGE fan) always said to me that Shinoda was the beating heart of Linkin Park, and that, whilst she loved him and was devastated when he passed, Chester could be replaced. I was skeptical, I liked LP, would call myself a fan, but never knew enough about them to know this. She was right, I never actually appreciated how much vocally Shinoda brought, and (especially after the throat cancer) bar the first album and a few later tracks a lot of Chester's stuff is more melody and less of the pitch scream/sing that is basically the signature sound you think of when you think of him.
So,
so so so
The new girl, Emily, can she mimic Chester? No.
BUT
She knows this, and he had an incredibly difficult style to imitate, especially the prolonged pitch parts. And ultimately if they wanted a mimic I'm sure they could have hunted one out. She nails the melody parts and knows where to stop reaching on the heavier stuff, flipping to the crowd and letting Shinoda support her. I think she is an excellent replacement andactually switching to a female also will take a bit of the onus off "yeah but he's just trying to be Chester" any male would get.
Granted the internet is shit and full of shitty people so expect the vitriol to flow in her direction alas, but for me, pumped for new music, and we will be trying for tickets for the london or hamburg show

#19411 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 06 September 2024 - 07:47 AM

Probably the only person who could imitate Chester is Jon Howard of Threat Signal. And he gets a lot of jokes about that, and takes them like a champ. But that's by the by because as a frontman Chester is not someone you can really replace and ESPECIALLY not with someone who sounds similar to him.

I think this is the only sensible step they could have taken. I haven't listened to the new song but we'll see how it goes.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#19412 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 06 September 2024 - 10:40 AM

She could use AI voice changers (and pitch correction, etc.) to sound like him.

... or lip sync everything to sound exactly like him... or in the case of new music use the highest quality voice changing and pitch shifting to sound exactly like him at his best (or better, or more experimental morphing among possibilities, possible worlds even echoing simultaneously)... and then lip sync during live performances.

#19413 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 06 September 2024 - 11:45 AM

Why

just why?

#19414 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 06 September 2024 - 01:05 PM

View PostMacros, on 06 September 2024 - 11:45 AM, said:

Why

just why?

Who would you rather hear singing new Linkin Park songs---the Linkin Park singer in his prime or some random vocalist?

Who would you rather look at---a hot girl or some dude (holographic or otherwise)?

QED

Having a female singer is more interesting, even for their old songs---it shows how they resonate across genders and individuals etc. A female singer with his voice (or AI enhanced variations thereof) is even better. And morphing back and forth between her voice and different versions or mutations of his voices would be even more interesting.

Not AI but a somewhat similar principle (wait for it... or skip ahead to 1:11):

(Incidentally that's even more impressive if you notice that she's using an Electrovoice RE20 (microphone) which unlike most microphones doesn't boost the bass by very much when the sound source is very close to the microphone---it's designed to minimize the proximity effect.)

For live shows it would be nice if the entire crowd---since they'll be scream-singing along anyway---could do so in the voice of what's-his-name in his prime (or better)...

#19415 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 06 September 2024 - 02:47 PM

View PostAzath Vitr (D, on 06 September 2024 - 01:05 PM, said:

For live shows it would be nice if the entire crowd---since they'll be scream-singing along anyway---could do so in the voice of what's-his-name in his prime (or better)...

Counterpoint: no it wouldn't
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#19416 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 06 September 2024 - 03:10 PM

Macros, on 06 September 2024 - 07:29 AM, said:

Granted the internet is shit and full of shitty people so expect the vitriol to flow in her direction alas, but for me, pumped for new music, and we will be trying for tickets for the london or hamburg show

I like the new song, she can certainly wail! Absolutely the right thing for them to do and it seems that most people are pretty positive about it (from what I've seen).

Also as to whatever utter nonsense Azath is rambling about it's best not to feed the trolls.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#19417 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 06 September 2024 - 05:48 PM

And oh no I just read somewhere she's a scientologist who defended rapist Danny Masterson. Welp that was good while it lasted.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#19418 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 06 September 2024 - 05:51 PM

Eh

Each to their own.

To your point of would I want to hear Chester, absolutely I would
But I would want to hear CHESTER, flaws, bum notes and all.
If I want to hear note perfect I put on the album. I feel like your robot brain really doesn't understand the draw of a live show and why milli vanilli got torn to shreds

#19419 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 06 September 2024 - 08:17 PM

Tiste Simeon, on 06 September 2024 - 05:48 PM, said:

And oh no I just read somewhere she's a scientologist who defended rapist Danny Masterson. Welp that was good while it lasted.

Yeah, that was a fast milkshake duck.

Oh well.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#19420 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 06 September 2024 - 10:22 PM

I'm very confused by this quote and post?

Share this topic:

• 972 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

7 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users