• Interests:Redacted

Posted 25 April 2022 - 11:45 AM

FUCK ME SIDEWAYS IT'S SO COMFY
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#18442 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 25 April 2022 - 12:11 PM

Holy shit those things are fucking ghastly expensive! Good for you but still ... :shock:

Not much change out of $AU1000!

Must have heated massage fingers or make you coffee and give you BJs while milking the prostate or something.

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 25 April 2022 - 12:12 PM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#18443 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 25 April 2022 - 02:55 PM

I took the day off today. Gonna have a nap.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#18444 User is offline   Briar King 

• High Fist
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 25 April 2022 - 09:17 PM

My name was the last to be called for dismissal. I was number 21 which left me in the last seat where jury sits and I got numerous questions asked of me. Glad I’m off the hook as those last few hrs were done with a minor flare up starting.
Drive by bye bye king on my dumb horse

#18445 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 28 April 2022 - 05:35 PM

There's been a lot of discussion and examination regarding CCD (Colony Collapse Disorder) and the troubling trend of apex pollinators disappearing. Man, I think I remember first reading about it probably more then 10 years ago, but I saw something that lifted my hopes. So I was sitting in the drive-thru this morning waiting to get my go to caffeinated fix (med. hot coffee, light roast, with a double shot). Perfect spring morning, clear, calm and warm. Sitting there, I look over at one of the trees lining the drive-thru lane. The tree is in full flowerage, and I shit you not almost every flower had a bee buzzing away doing its sexy-time pollination chores. It was quite the site to behold. There must have been hundreds, nay, thousands of them. So that was encouraging to see. There is hope, right?

#18446 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 29 April 2022 - 09:52 AM

Have seen a good amount of big fluffy bumble bees floating about here too recently, well up from the last few years, maybe there is hope!

#18447 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 29 April 2022 - 11:51 AM

View PostTsundoku, on 25 April 2022 - 12:11 PM, said:

Holy shit those things are fucking ghastly expensive! Good for you but still ... :shock:

Not much change out of $AU1000!

Must have heated massage fingers or make you coffee and give you BJs while milking the prostate or something.

It doesn't turn me into a 2d cat, unfortunately.

N-not that I'd know

#18448 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 30 April 2022 - 01:58 AM

drunk

and the bestest happiest buss drunk

oof, ike just yah

the world is good

music

dance

#18449 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 03 May 2022 - 07:45 AM

Doing my first live podcast this Sunday coming. Oddly, I'm not nervous - just excited. It could lead to things, and stuff.

#18450 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 03 May 2022 - 09:19 PM

DIY'ed the shit out of purchasing and installing some rain water collection buts over the bank holiday weekend. Hack saw, spirit level, tape measure, pencil, drill. Oh yes, I used them all.

Just need it to rain now and I'll find out if I did it right.

Pleased at my DIY skills so I can water my plants more often without feeling bad, but also there's a part of me thinking I'll survive longer in a global crisis now. So long as rain water remains a thing. Solar power and growing at least one staple crop is needed for true survival potential. Nuclear winter permitting and all.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#18451 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 05 May 2022 - 09:40 AM

Pictures to the DIY thread Mez!

#18452 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 05 May 2022 - 04:25 PM

'"Nanomagnetic" computing can provide low-energy AI, researchers show

[...] could slash the energy cost of artificial intelligence (AI), which is currently doubling globally every 3.5 months.

[...]

Artificial intelligence that uses 'neural networks' aims to replicate the way parts of the brain work[...] A lot of the maths used to power neural networks was originally invented by physicists to describe the way magnets interact, but at the time it was too difficult to use magnets directly as researchers didn't know how to put data in and get information out.

Instead, software run on traditional silicon-based computers was used to simulate the magnet interactions, in turn simulating the brain. Now, the team have been able to use the magnets themselves to process and store data—[...] offering enormous energy savings.

[...] "How the magnets interact gives us all the information we need; the laws of physics themselves become the computer."

[...] processing and storage of information can be done together, rather than being separate processes as in conventional computers.

[...] up to 100,000 times more efficient than conventional computing.

[...] could feasibly be powered by renewable energy, and used to do "AI at the edge"—processing the data where it is being collected, such as weather stations in Antarctica, rather than sending it back to large data centers.

[...] could be used on wearable devices to process biometric data on the body, such as predicting and regulating insulin levels for diabetic people or detecting abnormal heartbeats.'

'Nanomagnetic' computing can provide low-energy AI, researchers show (phys.org)

'Building a better quantum bit: New qubit breakthrough could transform quantum computing

[...] "Quantum computers could be a revolutionary tool for performing calculations that are practically impossible for classical computers ["...]

One important quality for qubits is their ability to remain in a simultaneous 0 or 1 state for a long time, known as its "coherence time." [...] Defects in the qubit system can significantly reduce the coherence time.

[...] ultrapure solid neon surface in a vacuum. Neon is one of only six inert elements, meaning it does not react with other elements.

"Because of this inertness, solid neon can serve as the cleanest possible solid in a vacuum to host and protect any qubits from being disrupted," [...]

[...] The simplicity of the qubit platform should also lend itself to simple, low-cost manufacturing[...]

[...] With quantum computing, one can use entangled qubits to create a superposition of all folding configurations—providing the ability to check all possible answers at the same time and solve the problem more efficiently.

"Researchers would just need to do one calculation, instead of trying trillions of possible configurations,"'

Building a better quantum bit: New qubit breakthrough could transform quantum computing (phys.org)

#18453 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

Posted 06 May 2022 - 09:02 PM

My buts are full. Oh yes!

This post has been edited by Mezla PigDog: 06 May 2022 - 09:03 PM

#18454 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 07 May 2022 - 04:52 PM

Was mesmerized watching a bunny and a robin enjoying each others's company this morning for about twenty minutes. They were only a foot or so apart, the bunny munching on some grass and alfalfa, the robin pulling worms out of the ground. It's like they were buddies, taking comfort in each others company. It was therapeutic, and needed - a warm hug after a difficult week. Do you guys appreciate the beauty that is all around us?

This post has been edited by Malankazooie: 07 May 2022 - 04:53 PM

#18455 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

Posted 08 May 2022 - 07:21 AM

I have blue tits nesting in a hole in the wall of my house. They come back every year so this time of year, if I can creep downstairs without anyone else waking up, I can get a cup of tea down me sitting in the armchair in the bay window and watch mum and dad flit around getting food to the babies. We have a good mix of garden birds - blackbirds, great tits, blue tits, robins, goldfinch, wrens occasionally. We also have red kites who sometimes butcher the ubiquitous wood pigeons on the lawn. Grey squirrels and black squirrels who I try not to be irritated by digging up my garden. Frogs too - usually only see them as I'm about step on them and they ping out from underfoot terrifying me. There's a stream down the road so we get damsel and dragon flies in the peak of summer. We have foxes because I hear them at night and sometimes see the aftermath in the garden but I haven't spied one yet.

I've gone organic in my garden which basically equates to just shrugging my shoulders when a plant is infested in bugs instead of thinking what to do about it. A shrub doing badly because it is covered in black fly is giving the blue tits easy pickings right now.

#18456 User is offline   EmperorMagus 

• Scarecrow of Low House PEN
  • Group: Tehol's Blissful Chickens

Posted 08 May 2022 - 08:41 AM

View PostMezla PigDog, on 08 May 2022 - 07:21 AM, said:

I have blue tits nesting in a hole in the wall of my house. They come back every year so this time of year, if I can creep downstairs without anyone else waking up, I can get a cup of tea down me sitting in the armchair in the bay window and watch mum and dad flit around getting food to the babies. We have a good mix of garden birds - blackbirds, great tits, blue tits, robins, goldfinch, wrens occasionally. We also have red kites who sometimes butcher the ubiquitous wood pigeons on the lawn. Grey squirrels and black squirrels who I try not to be irritated by digging up my garden. Frogs too - usually only see them as I'm about step on them and they ping out from underfoot terrifying me. There's a stream down the road so we get damsel and dragon flies in the peak of summer. We have foxes because I hear them at night and sometimes see the aftermath in the garden but I haven't spied one yet.

I've gone organic in my garden which basically equates to just shrugging my shoulders when a plant is infested in bugs instead of thinking what to do about it. A shrub doing badly because it is covered in black fly is giving the blue tits easy pickings right now.

Well your post makes me want a house and a garden and to live in the UK. That's mighty impressive.
Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori
#sarcasm

#18457 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

Posted 08 May 2022 - 09:11 AM

I lived in shared houses and rented apartments until we bought this place 9 years ago. It is a real luxury to have a garden. We're a few streets down from open farmland so we are lucky with wildlife too. I'm sure the post conjures images of a beautiful English garden - it ain't that 😃 Currently mostly dandelions - doing my bit for the bees at least!

#18458 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 09 May 2022 - 05:38 AM

Went on the bike for the first time in... almost 2 years? I think it broke in summer of 2020, and due to covid, finding replacement parts was impossible for a while.

Now I'm in terrible pain, but it still feels great.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#18459 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 09 May 2022 - 06:48 AM

View PostMentalist, on 09 May 2022 - 05:38 AM, said:

Now I'm in terrible pain, but it still feels great.

Sounds about par for the course with you. :rolleyes:
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#18460 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 09 May 2022 - 07:46 AM

Podcast went swimmingly. Peaked at about 330 live viewers and at last check it was at 3.5k total views odd. Not bad for a bunch of nerds sat about talking pure horseshit for two and a bit hours.

Share this topic:

• 965 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

6 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users