• You cannot reply to this topic

Whats making you happy right now

#18401 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 23 February 2022 - 07:51 PM

View PostTsundoku, on 23 February 2022 - 08:53 AM, said:

View PostMorgoth, on 23 February 2022 - 08:16 AM, said:

Laura told me she was worried that she wouldn't understand what you're saying. I told her not to worry, no one understands what you're saying.

View PostMacros, on 23 February 2022 - 08:29 AM, said:

Assure her that everything I say is complimentary, charming and hilarious all at once

That's a lot of nuance for basically someone saying "Potato" extremely rapidly.

Aww, he knows more words than that. "Fuck" for example. "Fuck potato fuck potato fuck potato."

Congrats on the streak of good news, Morgy!

I went to the office today for about the 4th time since the pandemic started. I had to stand in last minute for someone to film some marketing material. Awkward - the director pointed out my eyebrows were wonky and asked me straighten them! Hey lady, I'm only here doing someone a favour. I had an autocue though, which just blew my mind!
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#18402 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 23 February 2022 - 08:02 PM

Oh we simply must see this video

#18403 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 23 February 2022 - 08:14 PM

I found a clip:
Spoiler

They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#18404 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

Posted 23 February 2022 - 08:47 PM

I did tell her this is just how my face is! Then she had to apologise 🤣 There was also a glasses on or off debate because I only need them for up close screen reading. She decided that on was best - yeah because you blatantly want my face covered up, lady! I got the impression have not got a face for TV!

The guy who went before me had to have his head powdered to take the shine off so at least she was indiscriminate.

#18405 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 06 March 2022 - 08:17 PM

Finally found and cleaned up a Grisowald 11 (iso of 12-13) waffle maker for my small LBL and waffle maker collection.
Cast iron cooking is the best:

Yummy.

My current recipe is
2 cups flour
2 cups buttermilk
1/2 stick butter
3 tablespoons of Canola oil
1/2 tablespoon of cinnamon
1 tablespoon of sugar
1 tablespoon of vanilla
2 teaspoon of baking powder
1 teaspoons of baking soda
1/2 ts salt
2 eggs

Anyone have edits .. I figure there’s got to be a chef amount us and is like no no no try this ..

Anyone else sit there and feel like edit your cookbooks like Sirius snape

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Nicodimas: 06 March 2022 - 08:18 PM

-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#18406 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 06 March 2022 - 11:26 PM

Made Welsh Lobscouse for dinner tonight with some thick crispy bread. Delicious!
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#18407 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 07 March 2022 - 08:37 AM

I'm sorry what's this about Macros baring his ring?!?!
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#18408 User is online   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 07 March 2022 - 12:26 PM

View PostMaark Abbott, on 07 March 2022 - 08:37 AM, said:

I'm sorry what's this about Macros baring his ring?!?!

Just the One ... ?
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#18409 User is offline   Solidsnape 

• Emperor
  • Interests:Playing Guitar/Ukulele/Banjolele, reading, music, Wing Chun Kuen, my 2 boys and my wonderful GF.
  • From good 'ol Newcastle upon Tyne.

Posted 12 March 2022 - 01:32 AM

I remembered about this place and all you cool fuckers.

"If you seek the crumpled bones of the T'lan Imass,
gather into one hand the sands of Raraku"
The Holy Desert
- Anonymous.

#18410 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 16 March 2022 - 07:36 AM

we are indeed cool
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#18411 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 24 March 2022 - 12:01 AM

https://www.newstate...ey-have-a-point

Always fun to read a article and make ya smile.
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#18412 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

Posted 26 March 2022 - 06:12 PM

Two things.

My kid used the phrase "For fucks sake" in perfect context and tone of voice today. He learned the phrase a couple of years ago so now we're at the stage where we discuss the word and acknowledge it's not acceptable for school or company (please god, not at school). He breaks it out now and then when he wants to shock me and I can't not laugh.

I got vermouth brined olives for my birthday. They make the best dirty martinis.

#18413 User is online   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 26 March 2022 - 10:59 PM

Any martini you made would be by definition dirty. :p

Happy birthday for whenever it was.
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#18414 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 29 March 2022 - 07:52 AM

I don't recall if I mentioned but a friend needed shot of an old monitor/keyboard combo and gave them to me. This made my work life considerably easier; as we're also packed down in large part so we can store things ahead of selling this house and upsizing, I decided to go full ham on improving my work/personal computing setup and moved from the kitchen into what is now an office (after two years of working on that cold stone floor).

So now we're running:

2 x 24" monitors

either the work laptop or my Lenovo
a soundbar
a dedicated webcam
a cardioid microphone (ordered, due by the weekend)

And in terms of furnishing, a nice little desk, a galaxy print max to keep everything like keyboard anchored down, new wrist support / mouse mat, a laptop cooler I bought ten years ago and never used, a set of B&M shelves that I've superglued into a mount, and a phone/ipad holder (so I can have stuff streaming in the background if I fancy it). Only thing missing is one of those monitor mounts that clamps to the desk and has the two arms, but that'll wait until next payday.

The fun bit was getting monitor #2 to work with the Lenovo as it doesn't have video output via C, but there was an A to HDMI that made that work well enough. I have also been toying with OBS. Whether this becomes my midlife crisis remains to be seen.

#18415 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 06 April 2022 - 09:13 PM

'[...] the new materials used to construct the inner walls of the [JET] fusion reactor worked as intended.

The fact that the new wall construction performed as well as it did is what separates these results from previous milestones and elevates magnetic fusion from a dream toward a reality.'

The Dream of Nuclear Fusion Is Now Closer to Reality. Here's Why (sciencealert.com)

'Both methods have led to major breakthroughs in fusion research in recent years. [...] "[...] it really shows a lot of promise for both of these different methods—the inertial confinement and the magnetic confinement—and hopefully this motivates more interest from government funding and private industry[...] This is viable, and this is also the time to invest in these technologies."

[...] one of the things that's been holding fusion research back over the decades is a lack of investment. She said we're now seeing a lot more private investment in this research, which she believes could help get us to a fusion reactor sooner than we otherwise may have. Investors are pouring billions into trying to become the first to make fusion work.'

Nuclear Fusion Might Finally Be Ready for Its Breakthrough Moment (thedailybeast.com)

'U.K. Startup's "Big Friendly Gun" Achieves Fusion Breakthrough

[...] backed by China's Tencent Holdings Ltd. proved a novel approach to generating fusion energy in a breakthrough that could slash the technology's cost by providing cheap, clean nuclear fuel.

First Light Fusion Ltd. is among about two dozen startups trying to harness [fusion ...] Some focused on building machines that hold fused atoms together, while the Oxford-based company concentrated on the fuel elements that catalyze the reaction.'

Tencent-Backed UK Startup First Light Achieves Nuclear Fusion Breakthrough - Bloomberg

#18416 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 06 April 2022 - 10:01 PM

View PostMaark Abbott, on 29 March 2022 - 07:52 AM, said:

I don't recall if I mentioned but a friend needed shot of an old monitor/keyboard combo and gave them to me. This made my work life considerably easier; as we're also packed down in large part so we can store things ahead of selling this house and upsizing, I decided to go full ham on improving my work/personal computing setup and moved from the kitchen into what is now an office (after two years of working on that cold stone floor).

So now we're running:

2 x 24" monitors

a soundbar
a dedicated webcam

And in terms of furnishing, a nice little desk, a galaxy print max to keep everything like keyboard anchored down, new wrist support / mouse mat, a laptop cooler I bought ten years ago and never used, a set of B&M shelves that I've superglued into a mount, and a phone/ipad holder (so I can have stuff streaming in the background if I fancy it). Only thing missing is one of those monitor mounts that clamps to the desk and has the two arms, but that'll wait until next payday.

The fun bit was getting monitor #2 to work with the Lenovo as it doesn't have video output via C, but there was an A to HDMI that made that work well enough. I have also been toying with OBS. Whether this becomes my midlife crisis remains to be seen.

I've been using a vertical mouse for the last 4 months. It's greatly helped with wrist pain from repetitive mousing.

I paid $25 for the Anker wireless vertical mouse. I suspect that the $100 other brand versions are better.

If budget is possible, consider getting a good chair and not a gaming chair for the work. Everything that goes between you and the ground for long stretches (shoes, bed, work chairs) is worth getting a good version of, if possible. I got my partner a very expensive Steelcase Gesture and her back pain disappeared for years now.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#18417 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 07 April 2022 - 07:48 AM

View Postamphibian, on 06 April 2022 - 10:01 PM, said:

View PostMaark Abbott, on 29 March 2022 - 07:52 AM, said:

So now we're running:

2 x 24" monitors

a soundbar
a dedicated webcam

I've been using a vertical mouse for the last 4 months. It's greatly helped with wrist pain from repetitive mousing.

I paid $25 for the Anker wireless vertical mouse. I suspect that the $100 other brand versions are better.

If budget is possible, consider getting a good chair and not a gaming chair for the work. Everything that goes between you and the ground for long stretches (shoes, bed, work chairs) is worth getting a good version of, if possible. I got my partner a very expensive Steelcase Gesture and her back pain disappeared for years now.

I'd certainly consider a pimped out office chair over a gaming one. Though whether I'll ever be able to afford anything again that isn't an essential purchase remains to be seen now (thanks, Tories).

#18418 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 13 April 2022 - 06:54 PM

NYC subway shooter has been caught. Damn, his history is fucked up. This guy is a walking monster.

#18419 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 14 April 2022 - 12:06 PM

The hole in my moms stomach has closed. The doctor said she would not have believed it if she hadn't seen it. It healed over, the infection is under control and her labs across the board look fantastic the doctor said.

They think it MIGHT just have been from wear and tear from the Chemo treatments, but it's not any of the big things they worried it was, and she's going to be with us a while longer. They are looking to release her next week.

I can't properly explain the joy I feel at being given more time with my mom. I'm not going to waste this extra time the universe gave us.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#18420 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 14 April 2022 - 12:46 PM

Amazing news, QT.

Share this topic:

• 965 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic