Whats making you happy right now

#18421 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 14 April 2022 - 03:36 PM

Yereaasshhhhhhhhh

That’s awesome news.

This post has been edited by Slow Ben: 14 April 2022 - 03:37 PM

I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#18422 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 14 April 2022 - 03:44 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 14 April 2022 - 12:06 PM, said:

The hole in my moms stomach has closed. The doctor said she would not have believed it if she hadn't seen it. It healed over, the infection is under control and her labs across the board look fantastic the doctor said.

They think it MIGHT just have been from wear and tear from the Chemo treatments, but it's not any of the big things they worried it was, and she's going to be with us a while longer. They are looking to release her next week.

I can't properly explain the joy I feel at being given more time with my mom. I'm not going to waste this extra time the universe gave us.

Woah that's ace! Really made up for you!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#18423 User is offline   Cyphon 

• Cagey Bastard of TQB
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 14 April 2022 - 05:07 PM

Great news!
Para todos todo, para nosotros nada.

MottI'd always pegged you as more of an Ublala

#18424 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 14 April 2022 - 05:19 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 14 April 2022 - 12:06 PM, said:

The hole in my moms stomach has closed. The doctor said she would not have believed it if she hadn't seen it. It healed over, the infection is under control and her labs across the board look fantastic the doctor said.

They think it MIGHT just have been from wear and tear from the Chemo treatments, but it's not any of the big things they worried it was, and she's going to be with us a while longer. They are looking to release her next week.

I can't properly explain the joy I feel at being given more time with my mom. I'm not going to waste this extra time the universe gave us.

More time! I'm so happy for her and you.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#18425 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 15 April 2022 - 12:55 AM

Thanks all. I’m really not taking this blessing for granted!
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#18426 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 15 April 2022 - 09:24 AM

Brilliant news, QT!
- Wyrd biđ ful aræd -

#18427 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 15 April 2022 - 07:21 PM

View PostFrom 13 April 2022 - 06:54 PM:

NYC subway shooter has been caught. Damn, his history is fucked up. This guy is a walking monster.

'stopped at multiple NYC eateries—including the famous deli Katz's—before turning himself in to the New York Police Department. [...] stopped at the Chinatown staple Dimes [...] The food trip ended at an East Village McDonald's'

Accused Subway Shooter Made Pit Stop at Iconic NYC Deli Just Before Arrest (thedailybeast.com)

Menschliches, Allzumenschliches... oder Kapitalistisches, Allzukapitalistisches?

https://en.wikipedia...,_All_Too_Human

'Dichter sein in dürftiger Zeit heißt: singend auf die Spur der entflohenen Götter achten. Darum sagt der Dichter zur Zeit der Weltnacht das Heilige.'

https://www.goodread...e-time-means-to

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 15 April 2022 - 07:21 PM

#18428 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 18 April 2022 - 06:43 PM

'Chiral gold nanoparticles increase vaccine efficacy by more than 25%

Vaccines can be made over 25% more effective by adding left-handed chiral gold nanoparticles as adjuvants, [...] An article reporting the results is published in Nature.

The study did not involve COVID-19 vaccines because it began well before the pandemic. The researchers used vaccines developed to combat a specific influenza virus strain. [...]

[...] in principle the results can be generalized for any type of vaccine, [...]

The reason is that left-handed chiral gold nanoparticles are not the active ingredient, but an adjuvant that potentiates the recipient's immune response.

"The key to understanding the contribution of these nanoparticles is the concept of chirality, which applies to an object or system that can't be superimposed on its own mirror image," [...]

Chirality[...] is a type of asymmetry. The term is derived from kheir, the Ancient Greek for hand, and the best example is precisely the difference between left hand and right hand. When we hold up our hands to a mirror, the hand we see on the right is our left hand and vice-versa.

"Everything alive on Earth is chiral. Chiral molecules can have entirely different properties depending on whether they're left- or right-handed. [...]"

[...] "We began with gold nanoparticles, which are symmetrical and lack chirality. They're achiral. We [...] induced chirality in them [...] then intensified the induced chirality [...] using the amino acid phenylalanine as a light-harvesting antenna,"[...]

"Initially we tested the nanoparticles on human immune cells cultured in vitro and found that the chiral nanoparticles induced production of substances associated with an immune response even in the absence of an antigen—any substance capable of triggering antibody production. [...]"

[...] "[...] greatly enhanced the efficacy of the vaccine," [...]

The knowledge is published and available to anyone who wishes to use it[...] "It can be used by any producer of any type of vaccine, including vaccines for novel variants of SARS-CoV-2 or influenza. We aren't vaccine developers, but we're offering this basic knowledge as a novel technological platform for those who are,"'

Chiral gold nanoparticles increase vaccine efficacy by more than 25%, study suggests (phys.org)

Might boost my gold mines in the long term too... just sold a few shares for the short term though.

#18429 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 18 April 2022 - 08:35 PM

Took my son to London Zoo today. I haven't been for many years. I'm not 100% sold on zoos, especially city zoos where space is tight. However I do love a good reptile and insect house which city zoos do really well. Two things stood out - we saw a baby sloth and I accidentally wandered into a spider house where hand sized spiders are just hanging out. I walked into the exhibit named "In With The Spiders" saying "Are they in tanks or literally out and about?" Once I'd figured out they were literally out and about and the adrenaline rose and I bolted back to the door trying not to look like an idiot who is scared of spiders who wandered into a spider house, I realised the automatic door was one way and closed! Before I shamed myself weeping and hammering on the door, someone came too close and triggered it! I thought everything came with trigger warnings these days. The name may have been a giveaway but why didn't they clearly say on the outside they meant it literally?!?! I can cope with a big spider in a tank but not hanging about above my head 😱.

This post has been edited by Mezla PigDog: 18 April 2022 - 08:36 PM

Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#18430 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 18 April 2022 - 09:01 PM

View PostMezla PigDog, on 18 April 2022 - 08:35 PM, said:

Took my son to London Zoo today. I haven't been for many years. I'm not 100% sold on zoos, especially city zoos where space is tight. However I do love a good reptile and insect house which city zoos do really well. Two things stood out - we saw a baby sloth and I accidentally wandered into a spider house where hand sized spiders are just hanging out. I walked into the exhibit named "In With The Spiders" saying "Are they in tanks or literally out and about?" Once I'd figured out they were literally out and about and the adrenaline rose and I bolted back to the door trying not to look like an idiot who is scared of spiders who wandered into a spider house, I realised the automatic door was one way and closed! Before I shamed myself weeping and hammering on the door, someone came too close and triggered it! I thought everything came with trigger warnings these days. The name may have been a giveaway but why didn't they clearly say on the outside they meant it literally?!?! I can cope with a big spider in a tank but not hanging about above my head 😱.

I'd be most concerned about protecting the spiders from people (and especially from British tourists...).

#18431 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 18 April 2022 - 09:08 PM

There was a spider wrangler in there to keep an eye on things. Unfortunately for me she wasn't near the door as she was under the spider who had built it's web most uncomfortable near the heads of tourists. Or at least so I was told by the peeps in my party who made it round the spider one way system of doom.

Surely the first thing you design into a spider exhibit is multiple exits. And just put the buggers in tanks. Of course they were harmless but that's not the point!
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#18432 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 18 April 2022 - 09:23 PM

The Natural History Museum in L.A. does an annual Butterfly Pavilion followed by the Spider Pavilion -- same big tent. So you can imagine what happens to the stragglers from butterfly season! It does give me the heebie jeebies.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#18433 User is offline   Briar King 

• High Fist
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 22 April 2022 - 06:41 AM

Guess who just got fucked..

Man Ive been slipping of late.

Everything is fucked but atleast I was to.
Drive by bye bye king on my dumb horse

#18434 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 22 April 2022 - 11:43 AM

View PostEverything is fucked, on 22 April 2022 - 06:41 AM, said:

Truck?
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#18435 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 22 April 2022 - 02:46 PM

View PostAzath Vitr (D, on 18 April 2022 - 09:01 PM, said:

I'd be most concerned about protecting the spiders from people (and especially from British tourists...).

View PostMezla PigDog, on 18 April 2022 - 09:08 PM, said:

There was a spider wrangler in there to keep an eye on things. Unfortunately for me she wasn't near the door as she was under the spider who had built it's web most uncomfortable near the heads of tourists. Or at least so I was told by the peeps in my party who made it round the spider one way system of doom.

Surely the first thing you design into a spider exhibit is multiple exits. And just put the buggers in tanks. Of course they were harmless but that's not the point!

I would totally go into this, and I would be screaming on the inside SO SO MUCH SCREAMING.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#18436 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 22 April 2022 - 03:46 PM

an idiot who is scared of spiders who wandered into a spider house

This feels a good description of like my default life setting.

#18437 User is offline   Briar King 

• High Fist
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 22 April 2022 - 04:25 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 22 April 2022 - 11:43 AM, said:

Truck?

Thankfully in the bedroom even though it started way past my normal bedtime. It was worth the yawns.

#18438 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 22 April 2022 - 04:26 PM

View PostEverything is fucked, on 22 April 2022 - 04:25 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 22 April 2022 - 11:43 AM, said:

Truck?

Thankfully in the bedroom even though it started way past my normal bedtime. It was worth the yawns.

The bed room of the truck?

#18439 User is offline   Briar King 

• High Fist
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 22 April 2022 - 04:43 PM

Betty ain’t that fancy.

#18440 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 25 April 2022 - 11:35 AM

I got myself one of those ludicrously pimping Secretlab chairs. Now my descent into midlife crisis is almost complete.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

Share this topic:

• 964 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users