• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Whats making you happy right now

#15361 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 29 September 2017 - 12:33 PM

I'm posting here because its about a puppy and nothing except the death of a puppy could mess with my groove!

My puppy is however becoming a man pup! That is to say he is becoming a little hump machine. He gets so excited to see me, then a little too excited! Oddly he does not seem to hump the other dog, and has not been seen humping a toy or anything yet but when he sees people he decides its time.

#15362 User is offline   Itwæs Nom 

• Inquisitor of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 29 September 2017 - 08:23 PM

Shrooms
All things fall from kings to rose petals

#15363 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• Necromancer Extraordinaire
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Glass slides with entrapped bits of colored tissue
  • Around, just quiet....er

Posted 30 September 2017 - 05:50 PM

Meeting more of my new gf's people and had a great time going out last night. Things I learned though (I actually already knew, so reaffirmed then...)
I am a white-boy among middle-easterners
I am a feather-weight in alcohol
I am a horrible dancer already, even with just a little jiving with tunes at the bar.
I am hard for them to read (my facial expressions are different enough that I am not quite see through).
and finally
I can definitely hold my own intellectually/nerdily. The one major win for the night, at least that part of it Posted Image
"You don't clean u other peoples messes.... You roll in them like a dog on leftover smoked whitefish torn out f the trash by raccoons after Sunday brunch on a hot day."
~Abyss

#15364 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 30 September 2017 - 06:27 PM

A little warning if her peoples are on the traditional or conservative side: do not get into a debate or chops showing this early info a relationship with middle eastern relatives of your gf. In general, the more bland and physically conservative you can be in terms of expressing personal style, the better for dealing with new middle eastern or south Asian relatives of your partner.

Let her lead the way, even if it doesn't make sense or seemingly tamps down your natural personality or your normal way of doing things.

I'm doing this with my SO of a year and my South Asian family, although she's not the type to be the life of the party. She just did it for me with her Egyptian relatives in England, so this street went both ways.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#15365 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 30 September 2017 - 07:11 PM

My grumbling in the groove thread just reminded me that I've lost six kilos in the past three months. Hell yeah. That's about a third of what I'd gained while sitting around on my ass for the past three or so years, but hell yeah.
Puck was not birthed, she was cleaved from a lava flow and shaped by a fierce god's hands. - [worry]
Ninja Puck, Ninja Puck, really doesn't give a fuck..? - [King Lear]

#15366 User is offline   EmperorMagus 

• Scarecrow of Low House PEN
  • Group: Tehol's Blissful Chickens

Posted 30 September 2017 - 09:45 PM

Got a scholarship paying for 25% of my already pathetically low (compared to American universities) uni fees. Added to the fee deferrals I get due to my mother working at the university, I'm basically paying 40% tuition this year (yay! more money). Also it means I was in the top 5% of the faculty's students, GPA wise.

Fuck-yeah! Today would've been totally suck-ass if I hadn't gotten the email this morning. Saturday morning bullshit mandatory workshops suuuuck.
Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori
#sarcasm

#15367 User is offline   EmperorMagus 

Posted 30 September 2017 - 10:03 PM

View PostBriar King, on 30 September 2017 - 09:58 PM, said:

Congrats to both.

Thanks.

It's unseemly to brag in RL. Online, it almost feels as good and is a lot less rude ;)
Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori
#sarcasm

#15368 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 30 September 2017 - 10:13 PM

Yah that's awesome. Meanwhile I bought a giant bag of Halloween candy even though I literally get zero trick-or-treaters each year. All mine!
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#15369 User is offline   EmperorMagus 

Posted 01 October 2017 - 01:39 AM

And after that totally useless workshop, I participated in my first ever D&D game.

Holy shit that was a fun 2 hrs.
Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori
#sarcasm

#15370 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 01 October 2017 - 02:06 AM

View PostEmperorMagus, on 01 October 2017 - 01:39 AM, said:

And after that totally useless workshop, I participated in my first ever D&D game.

The vast majority of workshops and seminars are useless timesinks. Occasionally you get the rare person who knows their stuff, and then everyone sinks back into torpor again. But its good preparation for future interdepartmental or full faculty meetings where only 5% of all that is being said will be even tangentially relevant.

#15371 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 01 October 2017 - 07:15 PM

View PostEmperorMagus, on 30 September 2017 - 10:03 PM, said:

View PostBriar King, on 30 September 2017 - 09:58 PM, said:

Congrats to both.

Thanks.

It's unseemly to brag in RL. Online, it almost feels as good and is a lot less rude :wacko:

Indeed, and congrats, more money is always a good thing ;)

View PostEmperorMagus, on 01 October 2017 - 01:39 AM, said:

One of us, one of us! ;)

Hell, I'm looking forward to next week's D&D session with my group so much, we've been putting that boss fight off for two IRL months and my warmage is getting seriously prissy about in ingame :D
Puck was not birthed, she was cleaved from a lava flow and shaped by a fierce god's hands. - [worry]
Ninja Puck, Ninja Puck, really doesn't give a fuck..? - [King Lear]

#15372 User is offline   Lady Bliss 

• Shameless Minister of Silly Catwalks of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 02 October 2017 - 01:13 AM

I just signed the contract to start building our new house. It is both horrifying and awesome at the same time!
"If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?" - Shylock

#15373 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• Necromancer Extraordinaire
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Glass slides with entrapped bits of colored tissue
  • Around, just quiet....er

Posted 02 October 2017 - 01:48 AM

View Postamphibian, on 30 September 2017 - 06:27 PM, said:

A little warning if her peoples are on the traditional or conservative side: do not get into a debate or chops showing this early info a relationship with middle eastern relatives of your gf. In general, the more bland and physically conservative you can be in terms of expressing personal style, the better for dealing with new middle eastern or south Asian relatives of your partner.

Let her lead the way, even if it doesn't make sense or seemingly tamps down your natural personality or your normal way of doing things.

I'm doing this with my SO of a year and my South Asian family, although she's not the type to be the life of the party. She just did it for me with her Egyptian relatives in England, so this street went both ways.

Good advice. I don't think I will be meeting them for awhile according to her, so I will have time to learn the landscape and maybe even pick up on some Arabic.
"You don't clean u other peoples messes.... You roll in them like a dog on leftover smoked whitefish torn out f the trash by raccoons after Sunday brunch on a hot day."
~Abyss

#15374 User is offline   Lady Bliss 

• Shameless Minister of Silly Catwalks of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 02 October 2017 - 01:55 AM

View PostBriar King, on 02 October 2017 - 01:28 AM, said:

View PostLady Bliss, on 02 October 2017 - 01:13 AM, said:

I just signed the contract to start building our new house. It is both horrifying and awesome at the same time!

Did you see our post? You should talk to Ben.

Oh and obviously gl

I did and will do. It's with Pulte so we won't get a lot of wiggle room, but I appreciate advice on where we spend our money on upgrades. My gut says to keep it on the big items that would be structural to change.
"If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?" - Shylock

#15375 User is offline   Andorion 

• God

Posted 04 October 2017 - 04:19 PM

My SO cooks some of the best chicken I have ever tasted. I literally scraped out the pan.

Also got a nice ergonomic chair for the computer work. Finally something for my much abused back.

#15376 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 04 October 2017 - 05:11 PM

England is great! (Minus london driving I vassstly underrated the whole opposite side of the road and f roundabouts). The people here are amazing and was white surprised as a couple of my buds stated English are rude toward Americans. So far lots of questions and loving the way people talk, differently then I perceived. All around some gave the suggestion to walk around neighbors so went through kew gardens, welling, soho and all those adjoining areas ( awesome street photography) and a few other areas. There’s sooo many people just endless people out and about, what a trip..

Totally fantastic class, learning Viking art from 6th-11th century, leather work, and engraving. A bunch of the people in this class are silversmiths and extremely artistically talented so fun to meet/talk too. My goal with metal working is to somehow integrate ringerike Viking art into pieces /life goals

Decisions decisions the first day was a waste (tired) so now to decide to go to Kent and do the royal armory, not a fan of driving or do more Harry Potter cursed child as secondary idea...

This post has been edited by Nicodimas: 04 October 2017 - 05:13 PM

-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#15377 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 04 October 2017 - 07:37 PM

The Warner Bros Harry Potter studios are worth checking out if you're around London.

(And from what we see on American tv, all Brits still talk like Dick van Dyke in Mary Poppins so no wonder you've noticed the difference!)

This post has been edited by T 'rav Elar: 04 October 2017 - 07:41 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#15378 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 04 October 2017 - 09:00 PM

Already did WB studios :) it probably sold me on the idea of the play as locals said it was awesome

May be truth to that. Hey hey funny enough at Phoenix comic-con went to Dick van Dyke panel, now he is one entertaining human being..

The tickets are fing expensive
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#15379 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 04 October 2017 - 09:02 PM

Thursday woulda worked, but going to Moniker that art show for reference tomorrow

#15380 User is offline   Andorion 

• God

Posted 05 October 2017 - 12:41 PM

My first publication in a serious national academic journal! Feeling quite pleased!

Share this topic:

• 973 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

32 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 32 guests, 0 anonymous users