• 12 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Star Wars: The Clone Wars

#41 User is offline   McLovin 

• Cutlery Enthusiast
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Knives. Stabbing. Stabbing with knives.

Posted 16 August 2008 - 04:58 AM

Just saw it, and

booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
ring.

That is all.
OK, I think I got it, but just in case, can you say the whole thing over again? I wasn't really listening.

#42 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 16 August 2008 - 06:48 AM

That's about what I expected.
Error: Signature not valid

#43 User is offline   Yellow 

• Sick and Tired
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 16 August 2008 - 09:47 AM

So it's crap?

Where does it even sit in with the rest of the series? The cartoon series took the story right up to episode 3. Like, right up to it. How can there be any room for this extra story in there?
Don't fuck with the Culture.

#44 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 16 August 2008 - 10:17 AM

Is anyone else tired of hearing about the clone wars in general? Surely Lucas could have thought of another time period not as saturated with info we already had.
Error: Signature not valid

#45 User is offline   Yellow 

• Sick and Tired

Posted 16 August 2008 - 11:21 AM

It does strike me with a big case of whogivesafuck. I mean, the clone wars have been done. We've all watched the third film in which all of these characters die. Why go back and milk it?

They should have done something in the era of KOTOR. That would have been much more interesting, especially as a TV series.

#46 User is offline   McLovin 

• Cutlery Enthusiast

Posted 17 August 2008 - 01:08 PM

Yellow;370360 said:

So it's crap?

Where does it even sit in with the rest of the series? The cartoon series took the story right up to episode 3. Like, right up to it. How can there be any room for this extra story in there?

yes, it is crap. animation was awesome, but the story was just dumb. it starts out shortly after Geonosis, iirc, with a big battle scene that actually seemed interesting. but then we get to the main story and it quickly turns predictable. Ventress from the other animated series is in this one, but she gets like two lines and her presence is never really explained. aren't there only supposed to be two sith lords?

it would be far better if they just divorced from the main series completely and did something like KOTOR.
OK, I think I got it, but just in case, can you say the whole thing over again? I wasn't really listening.

#47 User is offline   Yellow 

• Sick and Tired

Posted 17 August 2008 - 01:28 PM

Ventress is a dark jedi, but not sith, but you're right that it's never really explained that well. If there are other dark jedi, why don't we ever see them in the films?

Probably because Lucas is shit.

#48 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 15 December 2010 - 03:59 PM

Okay, so the film (first 3 eps) was pretty crappy...but the series got WAY better on TV and now has entered Season 3 and is not only good, but is SO good that it has reignited my love of Star Wars.

Here's the newest trailer...in case you needed a reason to start watching this show. It is succeeding where the prequels didn't and has made the clone wars era infinitely interesting....not to mention even the clone trooper squads are pretty damn cool in their own rights...

http://icebergink.bl...s-season-3.html
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#49 User is offline   Garak 

• Emperor
  • Interests:40k, Star Wars, Babylon 5, WW2, A Song of Ice and Fire, the Drenai series, the Riftwar and all that followed it, D&D, Vikings, the Malazan Book of the Fallen. I think you get the gist of it.

Posted 15 December 2010 - 05:04 PM

I sorta get what you're saying (the battles are still fun to watch, mostly) but every time it contradicts established EU (or something just plain stupid happens) I feel like poking my eyes out. However, I'm not going to go into a debate about that since it already almost started a war on the theforce.net forums. On the other hand, if Ashoka falls to the Dark Side and Anakin kills her - I'll have to watch that episode (not gonna happen, I know).

What really ticks me about this series (I can overlook the contradicting and the stupidity if I try hard enough) is that it's out of order. The episodes aren't show in chronological order but in a random order that gives me a headache - and I have no idea why they did that.

For awesome Clone Wars stories, there the Republic comics from Dark Horse. Damn it, Legacy: War came out today and it will be a while until I can get it. Damn it.
The meaning of life is BOOM!!!

#50 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 15 December 2010 - 05:13 PM

I find the eps shiny and pretty to look at but boringly predictable and trite.

I can watch it if it's on but i won't go out of my way.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#51 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 15 December 2010 - 05:17 PM

View PostGarak, on 15 December 2010 - 05:04 PM, said:

I sorta get what you're saying (the battles are still fun to watch, mostly) but every time it contradicts established EU (or something just plain stupid happens) I feel like poking my eyes out. However, I'm not going to go into a debate about that since it already almost started a war on the theforce.net forums. On the other hand, if Ashoka falls to the Dark Side and Anakin kills her - I'll have to watch that episode (not gonna happen, I know).

What really ticks me about this series (I can overlook the contradicting and the stupidity if I try hard enough) is that it's out of order. The episodes aren't show in chronological order but in a random order that gives me a headache - and I have no idea why they did that.

For awesome Clone Wars stories, there the Republic comics from Dark Horse. Damn it, Legacy: War came out today and it will be a while until I can get it. Damn it.

Indeed. Ashoka is going to die though...in some way, shape or form as she's not even mentioned in RotS....and I agree it would be so awesome to have her turn and Anakin have to kill her.

The random order seems to be done to make it like serials...it's a little jarring, but not too bad for me.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#52 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 15 December 2010 - 05:21 PM

View PostAbyss, on 15 December 2010 - 05:13 PM, said:

Really? Huh.

I guess finding it boringly predictable slides by with me cause even the original trilogy is pretty predictable.

In fact, I think only the comic stories go in any strange and non-predictable ways....all the other SW media is WYSIWYG and I guess I accept that.

Anyways, I am really enjoying it.

I think Star Wars fandom is (since it's revival in the 90's in the various media formats) going to now forever be divided in many ways.

#53 User is offline   McLovin 

• Cutlery Enthusiast

Posted 15 December 2010 - 05:36 PM

The movie left such a bad taste in my mouth I didn't watch much of Season 1. What I did see was pretty dull.

I caught bits of Season 2, and those were better, but still not great until toward the end.

Now, I am DVRing Season 3...it's still not that great, but it has its moments.

I think the animation is superb, I like the stylization. They just need better writers.

#54 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 15 December 2010 - 06:00 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 15 December 2010 - 05:21 PM, said:

Really? Huh.

I guess finding it boringly predictable slides by with me cause even the original trilogy is pretty predictable. ...

i think i've hit a point with like everything where if i know what's going to happen next i just
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#55 User is offline   McLovin 

• Cutlery Enthusiast

Posted 15 December 2010 - 06:39 PM

I think Star Wars fandom is (since it's revival in the 90's in the various media formats) going to now forever be divided in many ways.

Absolutely. Lucas has developed a great market segmentation strategy for the EU. Something for everybody.

#56 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 15 December 2010 - 07:25 PM

View PostAbyss, on 15 December 2010 - 06:00 PM, said:

Really? Huh.

I guess finding it boringly predictable slides by with me cause even the original trilogy is pretty predictable. ...

i think i've hit a point with like everything where if i know what's going to happen next i just

Ah, indeed. Coolio.

#57 User is offline   Yellow 

• Sick and Tired

Posted 02 January 2011 - 04:27 PM

Just thought I'd link this for anyone who hasn't seen it. The Plinkett review of Episode III just went up a couple of days ago.

http://www.redletter...m/plinkett.html

Perhaps not as good as the others, but still well worth a watch. He's particularly bang on about Lucas's lazy directing and editing.

#58 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 20 January 2011 - 08:20 PM

....Liam Neeson reprises his role as Qui Gon Jin in a 3 episode upcoming arc where he talks to Obi Wan VIA Force Ghost about Anakin's chosen one destiny....Clip below.

#59 User is offline   MWKarsa 

• Midget Toblakai
  • Interests:Reading, Sports, Exercise and all things Texas Longhorn.

Posted 21 January 2011 - 04:08 AM

As a longtime Star Wars and not a big cartoon guy I've liked the episodes of the Clone Wars series I've seen so far- mostly. Though I've only seen the first season and just started watching the second season after I bought it. In the first season there were some episodes I really really liked like the Malevolence story line as it brought back great memories of watching the original series in the theater as a kid. Some were not so great but when I have the time I plan on watching the rest of season 2 but probably won't watch any season 3 episodes until I finish that season. My love of SW kid as taken on a more of a love/hate growing up but I will always try to read the books and check out the CW series and I will cross my fingers for the TV show Lucas said he had planned. I will definitely check out the 3-D versions of the movies when they get released.

#60 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 07 November 2015 - 07:35 AM

Threeaad neecroo.

Because I've only just got round to watching it. And reading a lot of the above comments are pretty entertaining with hindsight (I liked the complaint that none of it matches with the EU.. ah well)

I'm up to ep 20 on season 1, and I'm enjoying it far, far more than i thought I would. The droid army still sucks, Binks and Padme eps can be skipped entirely as they are unwatchable (thanks for the heads up on that) but the Clone troopers are really growing on me (even more now that Rex has appeared in Rebels) and I've just watched Obi wan finally lead a ground attack.

Watching it alongside Rebels probably helps - there are a LOT of direct links that add something that just wouldn't have been there first time round.

I'll see how it goes, I'm liking it so far though.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

Share this topic:

• 12 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users